Bring4th
Compassion through social strife - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Compassion through social strife (/showthread.php?tid=18308)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Compassion through social strife - Bring4th_Austin - 05-30-2020

I live in Louisville, Kentucky, one of the areas where recent protesting turned destructive the past couple of nights. Emotions are particularly high here in Louisville because a woman was recently murdered by police officers who were executing a no-knock raid on the wrong residence. So far, no one has been held accountable for her death. It is a heartbreaking situation.

In grappling with my own catalyst and emotions in the situation, I find awareness centering on the same theme of catalyst that has been ever-present in my mind these past few years: the social discourse. Of course, I am absolutely heartbroken by the violent deaths that seeded these protests. But it seems especially challenging to me that not everyone is heartbroken, that not everyone tries to understand the anger and pain of the black community, that everyone is not on the same page. It feels so obvious to me.

But that is my own reality, and I also realize it is not realistic to expect everyone to experience the same reality as us. One thing that really hurts me is that there is such a lack of an attempt to understand among the social discourse. Witnessing arguments and discussions that play out over social media, it seems to me that most everyone already has an opinion and is simply engaged in a battle to allow their opinion to reign victorious, rather than a conversation. Typical internet discussion feels like it is devoid of compassion.

What I’d like to do with this thread is offer a space for a couple purposes:
1) Discuss how compassion might be offered during times of high emotion and social strife, like now, especially when engaging in discussion with those we disagree with.
2) Share our feelings about the current strife, whether it’s specific to the ongoing protests or just the general social strife in our culture that seems to be ongoing. I encourage a focus on claiming ownership of our feelings and discussing our internal world with an angle of desiring to use this as catalyst to increase our capacity to love.

I would like to request, with all of my heart, that the energies of debate and argument be set aside for this thread. I would like to focus on the compassion element – if you feel the desire to prove a point, to refute a claim, to engage in debate, I ask that you instead ask yourself, “How can I compassionately engage in an attempt to understand?”

(I’m not saying that debate, argument, and disagreement have no purpose. I am asking that this thread not be the space for that.)

I share this with love for you all, and with prayers for healing all divisions present in our society.

RE: Compassion through social strife - ricdaw - 05-30-2020

(05-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: I share this with love for you all, and with prayers for healing all divisions present in our society.
We are, as a society, experiencing Archetype 16 together.  The Tower.  Things are crumbling in the Lightening.

I suggest holding tight to Archetype 17:  The Star.  Hope.  Faith.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Sacred Fool - 05-30-2020

What's now called "the US" was built on a determined lack of compassion for Indians, free Whites who consorted with Indians, enslaved Africans, free Whites who consorted with Africans and plenty of other groups.  So, why would this nation, under God, all of sudden become a paragon of compassion at this point in time?  Why are your expectations so high, BeforeAustin?

One may thus surmise that, for the karmic load of blindness-to-suffering to abate, a great deal of karmic clearing and healing work will need to happen.  I wonder what that might look like?  I imagine it begins and ends in our own heart.

Last night, near me, a protest was announced to begin at a Federal building in downtown Oakland.  Two private security guards in front of that building were shot, one was wounded critically and the other killed.  I'm not sure how the resonance of the compassion I find in my heart (and that which I focalize for spirit beings around us) will solve anyone else's problems, but it's the best way I know to begin.

RE: Compassion through social strife - ricdaw - 05-30-2020

(05-30-2020, 09:06 PM)peregrine Wrote:  
What's now called "the US" was built on a determined lack of compassion for Indians, free Whites who consorted with Indians, enslaved Africans, free Whites who consorted with Africans and plenty of other groups.  So, why would this nation, under God, all of sudden become a paragon of compassion at this point in time?  Why are your expectations so high, BeforeAustin?

There is a long game here, peregrine.

Each Indian, free White who consorted with Indians, enslaved African, free White who consorted with Africans and EVERYONE ELSE chose those lives.  Freely given.  Part of the Great Reincarnational Cycle.  RA talks 25,000 years, but let's get micro for a minute.  Each.  Of.  Those.  Souls.  Chose.

Some chose to experience the pain.

Some chose to deliver it.

We are both victim and perpetrator.

Expectations are high that in the great catalyst of plague, riot, injustice that WE WILL WAKE UP.  Perp and victim alike.  We came down here.  We chose these lives to be PART OF IT.

This masterpiece of pain is the perfect Catalyst.  

Why are our exceptions so high, peregrine?  They are no higher than yours were in the pre-incarnational life that chose these times, your life, your body, your experience.

You sell yourself short to think that you did not plan to be in this.  To be part of it.

Do not fall into cynicism.   

You are where you are most needed.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Diana - 05-30-2020

(05-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: 1) Discuss how compassion might be offered during times of high emotion and social strife, like now, especially when engaging in discussion with those we disagree with.
2) Share our feelings about the current strife, whether it’s specific to the ongoing protests or just the general social strife in our culture that seems to be ongoing. I encourage a focus on claiming ownership of our feelings and discussing our internal world with an angle of desiring to use this as catalyst to increase our capacity to love.

There is so much heartbreak in this world. If recent events have brought this to anyone's attention and opened up compassion more, then already we have a positive result. This result however doesn't usually feel good, because dealing with the suffering here is a difficult task. A heart that is open to others is a heart under pressure to evolve further, to a place where the suffering of others is somehow balanced within self, so one can feel it and not be destroyed by it.

I try to recognize that the pain I feel for another suffering being is nothing compared to the pain they feel. This at least puts a little perspective in the situation, and allows a step back to the position of being an observer (of the other and myself). If someone(thing) else is suffering, it's about them and not me (aside from the catalyst offered to me as a learning experience), so I can then do something to help without focusing on my own empathetic pain. I can focus on sending love to that suffering being instead, or if possible do something more concrete.

Carrying the energetic signature of allowance plus love and empathy, without succumbing to the despair of it, is what I aim for.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Navaratna - 05-30-2020

If someone feels stressed you should remind them that with facial recognition technology, the national guard, and the military, and technology which can monitor everyone's location via phone these days...it's unlikely that this will continue for more than a few days.

edit: I would also like to inform people that the U.S. produces more food than most countries in the Ohio corn belt. It is unlikely we will be facing food insecurity on a serious level in comparison to people in many countries who are experiencing record food insecurity. If all else fails, learn how to FISH.

There are drones high up in the sky that have technology so advanced that they can probably identify people with sophisticated cameras. I have little doubt there are even drones the size of bumblebees with cameras on them scanning people's plates and identifying who is up to the moronic task of assaulting the institutions of a nation which has exercised tremendous restraint by not shooting bullets at crowds of people breaking in to banks in places Minneapolis. Many other countries would have started massacring people by now. On an ordinary day shots would have been fired over a lot of stuff like this but they're exercising restraint. Look at how brutal the Syrian protests became in the opening days.

I think it will be a matter of time before you see tons of people charged with domestic terrorism for indiscriminately setting fires to govt buildings. I think people will wisen up pretty quick once they see that happen.

I'm not worried.

You are worried about coronavirus? Here's plenty of information to eliminate it using preventative measures
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18172

As for showing compassion, how about the countless people who are going to catch COVID as a result of the clusters of people gathering? Where's the compassion for people who wanted to re-open their businesses? The people who can't access pharmacies as a result of them being set ablaze.

This might sound like a bit of a tense way to look at it, but I bet a lot of people are scared and give it time..they're mobilizing the military. A lot of other countries are in for much worse but this is even more economically devastating than it needs to be. Just imagine the stock market right now.

This is NOT about Floyd. This is just like the arab spring where millions of youth had no job, no opportunities, and no money to distract themselves with. If life was ordinary people would be too busy with their lives and I think people are overlooking that. They're frustrated and simple minded people think action has to be like a flashbang grenade going off.

Chill out instead of running around like a headless chicken. Everyone knows Floyd died in a wrong way but living in a society with no laws means nothing will stop someone from setting your house on fire or worse. Stay away from these crowds of anarchists.

People ask "why are they torching everything" and I think it's a simple answer. In every city from time to time there are arsonists that commit the crimes for the Hell of it. They're just taking advantage of the chaos. It's simple to understand it's just like the lunatics intentionally spreading coronavirus, but in a population of 7 billion you know there's at least a million people like that.

I can imagine how an African American person must feel. Voting? You're stuck between Trump and Biden. Biden got in some hot water lately saying some assumptions about how he couldn't imagine a black person voting for Trump. How do you think that makes them feel? Stuck between Trump and a man who think he has their vote by default.

I can think of this city as an example of what happened when there was widespreading uncontrolled rioting. It never recovered. Minneapolis is not going to recover. Who the f*** would want to be a govt guard in that city after this? They're getting shot at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis,_Illinois

https://bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18192

Here's a lot of my advice for healing the physical body with minerals, psychic movements, and nutrition:

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18263
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18230
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18201

RE: Compassion through social strife - Jeremy - 05-31-2020

This one feels different. More organic. More unified. More passionate. My only hope is that whatever rises from the ashes is something a little closer to what we can and should be as a species. It may take a total collapse. It may take countless lives. But in the end, maybe those that have been born the last few decades came here for this exact reason. To right the wrongs of so many over the centuries. To be that collective catalyst and push for not only a positive harvest but to ease the collective suffering of the earth as a whole. Change is painful and I expect much pain in coming days

RE: Compassion through social strife - Bring4th_Austin - 05-31-2020

(05-30-2020, 08:20 PM)ricdaw Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: I share this with love for you all, and with prayers for healing all divisions present in our society.
We are, as a society, experiencing Archetype 16 together.  The Tower.  Things are crumbling in the Lightening.

I suggest holding tight to Archetype 17:  The Star.  Hope.  Faith.

Thank you ricdaw. In the midst of outer and inner turmoil, the very concept of faith sometimes escapes my awareness. It's easy to get so caught up in a whirlwind of energies so that my perspective just narrows to my troubled mind. It's surprising how much of a soothing balm faith can be when I remember it and am able to find it within myself.

I think many people interpret faith differently, but I have always held on to a particular interpretation of the Star. To me, the Star feels like a lodestar - like Polaris, or the star that the wise men followed to Jesus. The landscape and path is completely unknown, we travel in the dark of the night, but the Star promises that if we just keep putting one foot in front of the other and follow its beacon, we will arrive at our destination. Even in what seem to be the darkest nights, and the most dire of circumstances, faith promises that this is simply another part of our journey, and as with all experiences, it plays a role in our evolution.

Even considering the idea in the current context, I feel myself calming. So I very much appreciate this suggestion. Thank you.

(05-30-2020, 09:06 PM)peregrine Wrote:  

This has made me consider deeply where my anxiety and pain originate from, so thank you. I do suppose it is possible that they are borne from expectation. Is the release of all expectation a key to finding love in the moment? Logically, I would never expect this nation, or any nation (at this point on our planet), to become a paragon of compassion. Yet there is something available to us now that I don't think has been historically available throughout the genocides and travesties that laid the foundation for this nation. More experience and awareness offers a greater chance to grasp the catalyst for legitimate change. Perhaps we can at least hope for more compassion now, given that there has been more opportunity for us as individuals and a collective to reflect on our experiences throughout the ages.

Quote:One may thus surmise that, for the karmic load of blindness-to-suffering to abate, a great deal of karmic clearing and healing work will need to happen.  I wonder what that might look like?  I imagine it begins and ends in our own heart.

Last night, near me, a protest was announced to begin at a Federal building in downtown Oakland.  Two private security guards in front of that building were shot, one was wounded critically and the other killed.  I'm not sure how the resonance of the compassion I find in my heart (and that which I focalize for spirit beings around us) will solve anyone else's problems, but it's the best way I know to begin.

I also imagine that the work is within our own heart. Though I also see an argument for the idea that active outer work must be done to dismantle the social systems that perpetuate the blindness-to-suffering. I cannot claim to know if protesting and activism is truly effective towards this end. When I see footage of protests, the pain and anger of the protesters often seems obvious upon their faces. It is easy for me to feel compassion for them in that moment. I might not always agree with how such anger and pain is expressed, but I understand where it comes from, and I understand the desire and need to turn it towards an activist social movement.

It is harder for me to find compassion for the people on the other side of the protests - those law enforcement and military personal donning weapons and war gear who seem to be waiting for an opportunity to move upon the protesters. But if I dig under the emotion, I can understand too that these people are also human. Within them is a heart, and just like all of us, their life experience has led them, one circumstance after another, to put them in the situation they are in right now. Even when they instigate violence without provocation. It seems to me that if there are any individuals who could really help change the system and end this cycle of violence, they're in a prime position to do so. Why don't they? I don't know, but while I seek to hold them accountable, I also seek to find forgiveness in my heart - at least for the bit that is mine to forgive.

(05-30-2020, 09:49 PM)Diana Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: 1) Discuss how compassion might be offered during times of high emotion and social strife, like now, especially when engaging in discussion with those we disagree with.

There is so much heartbreak in this world. If recent events have brought this to anyone's attention and opened up compassion more, then already we have a positive result. This result however doesn't usually feel good, because dealing with the suffering here is a difficult task. A heart that is open to others is a heart under pressure to evolve further, to a place where the suffering of others is somehow balanced within self, so one can feel it and not be destroyed by it.

Thank you Diana, this is a refreshing perspective. It makes me consider that my focus tends to be on where I see a lack - a lack of compassion, a lack of understand, a lack of empathy. But it's possible that this lack only stands out to me because of the increase in light that makes it more apparent. Hearts are opening too. My own heart opens, yearning for empathy, and it becomes noticeable when I do not feel a similar yearning in others. Yet the pain from that is a challenge, or opportunity, to seek deeper empathy for those who I see as lacking.

Quote:I try to recognize that the pain I feel for another suffering being is nothing compared to the pain they feel. This at least puts a little perspective in the situation, and allows a step back to the position of being an observer (of the other and myself). If someone(thing) else is suffering, it's about them and not me (aside from the catalyst offered to me as a learning experience), so I can then do something to help without focusing on my own empathetic pain. I can focus on sending love to that suffering being instead, or if possible do something more concrete.

Carrying the energetic signature of allowance plus love and empathy, without succumbing to the despair of it, is what I aim for.

That is also a useful perspective. I admire the wisdom in your approach of serving from a standpoint of observer. It is like taking in an overview, rather than getting lost in the weeds. Thank you.

(05-30-2020, 11:19 PM)Navaratna Wrote: ...

Thank you for sharing your perspective Navaratna. I am curious - your post speaks much of outward instruction and advice for others, opinions about current events and their effect on society, with much confidence in your knowledge of the external events of our world.

What is the experience of your internal world at the moment? Are there any internal struggles that you claim as your own? Do you feel that there is anywhere that you have healing and work to do? Do you feel that, throughout this all, there is an opportunity for you to increase your own compassion, love, and understanding?

RE: Compassion through social strife - Navaratna - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 07:16 AM)Jeremy Wrote: This one feels different. More organic. More unified. More passionate. My only hope is that whatever rises from the ashes is something a little closer to what we can and should be as a species. It may take a total collapse. It may take countless lives. But in the end, maybe those that have been born the last few decades came here for this exact reason. To right the wrongs of so many over the centuries. To be that collective catalyst and push for not only a positive harvest but to ease the collective suffering of the earth as a whole. Change is painful and I expect much pain in coming days

I have some very serious doubts about this actually doing anything to end racial divides. In fact I think it will do the exact opposite.

Govt agents will of course tip toe a lot more, but I think a lot of people are going to be extremely irked at the Black Lives Matter movement.

This makes all the white supremacists right now a lot more firm in their attitudes in discriminating against blacks.

The BLM movement isn't directly responsible, but considering time and time again they start protesting and then it leads to people taking advantage of the situation and looting/destruction of businesses....day after day...after daaay in a time of economic crisis is really going to piss a lot of people off in a very personal way. They are knowingly opening the door to an even deeper global economic crisis long after the point has been made. This may lead to much more discrimination.

Who's going to be working in that mall in L.A. and those others strips of businesses in the area that were all torched? Oakland had a bank and Best Buy broken in to among other businesses and don't be surprised if they just ditch town because why would anyone want to set up shop it Raiderville ever again. Who can white supremacists employ the finger at? Who is going to feel compelled to hire a minority that might take it out on the boss and make it a national issue?

I was informed it was the same in the area where the Rodney King riots, parts of D.C. and Baltimore. Hey riot and burn everything down? Ok, adios. Don't like whites? Ok, they all left a place like East Saint Louis and if you go to a place like Alton, or Collinsville the neighboring towns in south Illinois they absolutely do not trust or want anything to do with anyone from East Saint and are divided upon ethnic lines. Watch parts of Oakland become a slum.

Does this make any mildly racist business owner want to suddenly hire a black person a lot more? I really think the opposite. It'll force govt agents to tip toe a lot more but I can picture the KKK really getting off on this. "This is why you don't let blacks in your neighborhood look what they'll do." is what a lot of people are telling each other right now.

Thinking of the thousands of people who have temporarily lost their jobs because Target decided to close many of their stores...and who do they think is responsible? It wasn't some racists in Missouri thousands of miles away torching their property.

I am not a racist but the leadership of these groups needs to STOP what they are doing. What are they winning?

How about the mass coronavirus clusters that are going to emerge from this? Do those lives matter?
I try not to get frustrated but this is senseless. I think this is going to backfire. They're not winning anything great.

(05-31-2020, 07:16 AM)Jeremy Wrote: This one feels different. More organic. More unified. More passionate. My only hope is that whatever rises from the ashes is something a little closer to what we can and should be as a species. It may take a total collapse. It may take countless lives. But in the end, maybe those that have been born the last few decades came here for this exact reason. To right the wrongs of so many over the centuries. To be that collective catalyst and push for not only a positive harvest but to ease the collective suffering of the earth as a whole. Change is painful and I expect much pain in coming days

Thank you Jeremy. It is good to be reminded that essential transformation is hardly ever pleasant. We might seek to avoid pain and relieve the suffering of ourselves and others, but maybe one of the best ways to do that is to share the perspective that pain can be an agent of transformation.

Sam Harris made an analogy in one of his books that has always stuck with me: contextualizing pain can shift our entire perspective towards it. If we are bedridden with horrible aches and pains, we experience suffering. Yet when an athlete or weight lifter feels the burn in their muscles from intense exercise, the experience is of growth and progress. Both are painful, but the context changes the very experience of that pain.

I don't think I could ever tell another person that their pain is essential, especially if it comes from systemic injustice. But the pain is still a reality, and it might still have different contexts to explore.

(05-31-2020, 09:38 AM)Navaratna Wrote: I try not to get frustrated but this is senseless. I think this is going to backfire. They're not winning anything great.

Navaratna, I can sense the deep frustration in your words, and I empathize with you. My hope for the conversation in this particular thread is to avoid the charged debate of current events, and instead find a space for processing our internal worlds. Certainly references to external events are essential - I have spoken about my difficulty finding compassion for law enforcement through situations like this - but my hope is to turn these external events inward. What is your catalyst that you can own, and how are you handling it?

(05-31-2020, 09:37 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:19 PM)Navaratna Wrote: ...

Thank you for sharing your perspective Navaratna. I am curious - your post speaks much of outward instruction and advice for others, opinions about current events and their effect on society, with much confidence in your knowledge of the external events of our world.

What is the experience of your internal world at the moment? Are there any internal struggles that you claim as your own? Do you feel that there is anywhere that you have healing and work to do? Do you feel that, throughout this all, there is an opportunity for you to increase your own compassion, love, and understanding?

There are so many people who have zero help from anyone globally right now. There are millions who are starving but our news networks are all so focused on what's going on in our respective nations.

I think the isolation people are being put through does kind of get to me at times but I never get bored of reading and meditating with minerals. It's not like you're not allowed to make friends but people are so weird right now that new people you encounter don't want to be.

This gives me time to share and receive knowledge with people. If it weren't for the pandemic my knowledge about things like the pyramid energies would not have expanded so greatly as it grew with the help of ideas shared by people on this site, and I may have never gotten interested in reading about the books by Jane Roberts which is in itself an entire collection of literature which completely revolves around mental manifestation in it's entirety.

I could be less judgmental of people. I think a lot of my information about esoteric concepts in part comes from the fact that I've lived without much responsibility but it gave me much time to read about things that people would shrug off as having no practical applications even though I see it differently, and I shouldn't think of people as clueless but more resource oriented. People have not only different levels but different varieties of intelligence. It doesn't make sense for me to be upset at people not being perfectly the way I think they should be. I have a tendency to get annoyed when people question my opinions on things I consider to be factual and could work on that more.

I think a lot of my ideas boil down to the concept of where you point your attention is what you'll manifest and embody. If I meditate on a candle flame I become the flaming and pure energy of that flame. If I meditate upon a lodestone I become magnetic and attract what is on my mind. If I look at a stone full of water like tourmaline I'll be one with the pure and life-giving energy of the water contained within it.

Positive people and places, positive manifestation. Divination and spiritual thoughts filling your mind will make your life full of those energies.

Direct attention toward negative people, ideas, attitudes, places negative things happen. Negative manifestation.

Here is my current catalyst toward spiritual transformation. With me I have rods and 100% copper tubes used for water pipes along with crystalline azurite and an azurite-malachite geode. They have the power to conduct electricity. I think that by holding and meditating with them and by placing them in sunlight I am more able to energize my aura field by conducting my static electricity

The Seth material makes many mentions of electricity manifesting from truly mysterious places that we have little genuine understanding of yet are elemental in the composition of not only our physical forms but also our dreams
https://findingseth.com/q/electricity/

Copper can be bought at hardware stores. True azurite crystals are not cheap or easy to find but not unbelievably expensive. Azurite-malachite geodes are even less expensive for ones a few inches wide. Silver is also a very decent electrical conductor.

You may wonder why if copper is such an effective virus-killer why it isn't used anywhere and the reason why is that it gradually oxidizes like the teal color on pennies and at that point the oxidized material is unhealthy to breathe in. Brass and silver tarnishes but at a much slower rate. Gold doesn't at all and is hence more valuable.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Diana - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 09:32 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 09:49 PM)Diana Wrote:

It makes me consider that my focus tends to be on where I see a lack - a lack of compassion, a lack of understand, a lack of empathy. But it's possible that this lack only stands out to me because of the increase in light that makes it more apparent. Hearts are opening too. My own heart opens, yearning for empathy, and it becomes noticeable when I do not feel a similar yearning in others. Yet the pain from that is a challenge, or opportunity, to seek deeper empathy for those who I see as lacking.

I can only relate my own experience. I have been in this "boat" for a long time, trying to balance empathy with its corresponding wisdom. For me, seeking deeper empathy for others regarding lack of awareness or empathy on their part, has some efficacy. But not as much as staying focused on my own evolution as a being. As I move forward in consciousness (consciously), I get closer to that balance. It is the real, underlying strength which is built, the wisdom of a balanced perspective that is attained little by little. When I try to find empathy for others' lacks, it is more like treating a symptom, and may yield some results, but is more mired in emotional baggage and emotional responses—only skimming on the 3D surface of a lake of deeper comprehension. So what I do in all things, is to ultimately focus on my own responses, my own reactions—not indulging in them but observing them with a mind to uncovering my own stumbling blocks in growth—and thereby staying accountable to my own evolution.

You may be different, and find this catalyst easier to handle. I think it is a major catalyst in this world, to deal with the suffering here. It has ramped up recently, and the follies of humanity are being demonstrated in a big way. Most people here are very caught up in the maelstrom, as Ra puts it, but I do think that some Wanderers are building connecting threads like spiders weaving silk between this hugely veiled (in more than one sense) reality to a larger reality.

Anyway, I ironically feel your pain too. Tongue I am no sage or master at anything, so what I throw out there for consideration is my experience with this reality only.

I think there's nothing wrong with that Diana.

The Law of One would indeed be a wonderful attitude to have if only everyone on Earth read the entire thing and agreed upon its principles..but because that isn't the case we are stuck dealing with real life and being commoditized in some way or another by people.

This oftentimes makes people lose empathy or seeing the importance of it. I myself sometimes do feel like it is just a drag like "oh..so there's more to it than just making sure I don't need help from anyone. *sigh* I guess you're right Ra, but sometimes it feels like it'd be a lot more simple to just tune everyone out." and oftentimes people just don't even seem to want my empathy lol.

Being separated by a computer screen makes it a lot easier to share information and empathize with people by sharing knowledge of healing but in real life I come across as kind of lazy and it's a very fast paced world. People don't like laziness, and even though I do just fine on my own I've felt for a long time like giving up on most people that aren't in my circles because no one wants to hear a person talk AT them about their vibrational equilibrium kundalini manual. Lol...

Most people I think care about 1 or 2 things

1: Is this person physically attractive? Do I think they are attractive, or do I think they make me look more attractive by hanging with them?
2. If this person is not physically attractive, do they have some resource or object that I want? If they do great if not don't waste my time.

In my experience if it's not 1 or 2 and you're not someone's family you'd be hard pressed to find someone who'd care to listen to you for more than 10 seconds talk about anything.

Spirituality is deep but the concept is so vague to people and oftentimes people give up on trying to make sense of it or lump you in to a category of people who are unrealistic about being rooted in the 'real' world.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Sacred Fool - 05-31-2020

On the topic of catalyst in general, sometimes events yank us down to a place beneath ground level where we feel more able to sense, yet less able to move.

This can evoke emotions such as self-pity and dissatisfaction until some degree of reflection leads to the discovery that movement there is not actuated by physical gestures, but by focus of desire.

At that point, owing to the heightened ability to perceive, one has an enhanced opportunity to move consciousness towards what one becomes increasing aware that one desires...whatever that may happen to be.

So, there's a choice: stuckness or allowing consciousness to focus in novel ways.

Largely, the catalyst will take care of itself.....and greater crystallization of consciousness will either be compelling or not.  Either one learns to travel upon wings of desire towards the Sacred Self or not at that particular point in one's wandering.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Boxer Fan - 05-31-2020

During the height of the virus crisis, we heard about the great love, compassion, and kindness of people responding to the needs of others. Here in the US, I was encouraged that this outpouring of service to others would likely affect our country by causing a swing to a greater positive polarity.

A month ago or so, however, I wondered that this might result in a balancing by some dreadful negative-polarity event. As I step back a bit, I'm not really surprised. We're now seeing a response from the other side.

What to do? Each of us, in our own small corner of the world, might be more prepared to provide love, compassion, and kindness in whatever way we can. The solution is us.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Diana - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 01:49 PM)Navaratna Wrote: I myself sometimes do feel like it is just a drag like "oh..so there's more to it than just making sure I don't need help from anyone. *sigh* I guess you're right Ra, but sometimes it feels like it'd be a lot more simple to just tune everyone out." and oftentimes people just don't even seem to want my empathy lol.

Quote:80.11 Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the possible partial polarization towards service to self because simply the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind or like in the particular density which he inhabits?

Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service to others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

80.12 Questioner: Then you say that this effect of disassociation on the service-to-others adept is a stumbling block or slowing process in reaching that goal which he aspires to? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. This disassociation from the miasma of illusion and misrepresentation of each and every distortion is a quite necessary portion of an adept’s path. It may be seen by others to be unfortunate.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Infinite - 05-31-2020

It is a complex question to analyze, as there are several points of view to be developed.

From a universalist perspective, it seems to me that 2020 may be an indication that current civilization is approaching its end, and together with the completion of third density space / time on Earth. These collective events can be signs both of some kind of collective karmic rescue, and of the delineation of both polarities in the face of the vibration of the fourth density which Earth supposedly already has. So, I think it is a time for reflection and thinking about how we can be useful in the service and how this catalyst affects us. Although Ra said that end-of-cycle changes would not be planned catalysts, I think we can try to see some use in them.

In a more specific perspective, although I do not live in the USA, for everything I have studied the American system is still very racist. This yellow-ray social distortion, clearly STS, would at some point produce an opposite reaction. I am really in favor of everything that is going on, although I consider myself a pacifist, who would like people to try methods similar to Gandhi's. But free will is sovereign, those who see the world from a more STO perspective, have the right to use whatever tools they deem necessary. Part of the current discussions are around vandalism. I am really touched by the possible losses, but I understand that the problem is more structural than particular to a specific point of our space / time. Capitalism becomes more and more savage, and this being a system whose structure is composed of the negative orange / yellow rays pattern, where selfishness, battle, competition and service to self are the configurations inherent to it, it is a consequence too of the mass thinking of humanity. Society was built on divine values ​​of money, private property and the market. I don't think it would be impossible for our society to be more positive than it is even with these economic structures, however, Ra himself said that the creation of money was something that increased STS attitudes in the Earth's past. There is a lot of sense in this, because if the Creator gave us the Earth, why should things have a price? We are all part of the same creation, and everything should be free so that we could all co-create, children of the Creator as we are. When you put a price on things, you put a value on people in terms of their purchasing power, and that ends up creating a hierarchy, where those with money have more power and see those poor as inferior. Then the unity is rejected.

Finally, negativity has a role in the world, as it is a catalyst for those who seek the path of the Law of One. We are part of the game, we are looking for the path of balancing, the path of intelligent infinity. However, we also need to try to see things from a higher perspective. The planetary game is now being played as it has been playing for millennia. But it is a moment of decision, and the only advice I could try to give is that we play based on love.

RE: Compassion through social strife - flofrog - 05-31-2020

Thank you Austin
I don’t really know what to do. I was pretty heartbroken when a few weeks ago I started to look into the fear of losing my job ( not my case) with a family to feed and looking at weeks to come and how to face each morning the future imagining what to do, what to do.
I started to think about a native Indian couple (not my case) and I decided to send prayer and hold that Unknown family in my heart. It helped a bit but not that much.
The several recent brutalities are just, I don’t know, so heavy and like, it’s been so long since Ruby Bridges.

Seems that embracing each other would be so simple.
I don’t know, feeling so useless, and yet hopeful. It can’t be not progressing from here.

Just my feelings.

on edit I have to add for honesty, that I have also intense compassion for Mr. Chauvin who acted this way, I can't even explain it, because I can't even think what was going through him at that time, and what is going through inside him now, and despite all this, I have this intense compassion for him that I dont even know where it comes from. With sadness but so intense.

RE: Compassion through social strife - unity100 - 05-31-2020

Compassion is a bit difficult in this particular case, for this is an actual polarity lesson:

This situation is only slightly different from what people like Patton faced when Ww2 was staring them in the face: There was a social construct of people who did not care about anyone, leave aside anyone's compassion. They were bent on enslaving and murdering people. As a result, those like Patton had to participate in a war, fight, and engage in violence against their own kind.

Patton's shortcoming was that after the war, he was unable to forgive those with whom he fought - as the material tells us.

The current, and actually, ~2 centuries old situation in US is almost the same elite/slave setup which Nazis implemented. Only much lighter, and much more subtle:

Centuries old slavery-based cultural construct not only continues even today, but also it also keeps the same mechanics. There are the 'preferred' people, who are in the function of elites, even if they do not notice it. They are the 'lower' classes of people in a hierarchical pyramid, who are supposed to be content with what they are being given and their lot in life.

The police, which actually descends from the organizations which were set up to catch escaping slaves and keep them in line, still keep the same cultural traits that were incubated during that period. Not only they outright feel superior to those of the underclass, but also they see no issues in inciting violence on that underclass and 'putting them in their place'.

This results in the kind of police brutality and oppression that is unimaginable anywhere else in the world, bar outright fascist states - of which, there isnt any right now.

And those who are in the higher recesses of the society enable and propagate this system in a way that is ingrained to their subconscious: Not only conservatives, but even the moderate conservatives who are today called liberals try to put undesirables into their place and try to keep them 'peaceful' aka passive. Thats how you see white affluent liberals telling Blacks about how MLK would not riot, whereas MLK's own son quotes his father on how riot being the language of the unheard.

Along with this also comes the justification of the actual repression of the police towards those protesting, and rationalization of the existing order.

"Peacefully protest" they compel the underclass, despite peaceful protesting having done utterly nothing about this problem. Leaving aside those who peacefully protested having lost their livelihood, their careers and having been put down by those very people who compel people to peacefully protest...

And when the long-repressed segments go out and riot in a society which represses and exploits them, those who benefit from the existing setup are dumbfounded - just what can possibly be that bad that these people are rioting and upsetting the peace!?

There was a white liberal woman on Twitter complaining about how rioting starting to affect upscale malls. She actually used that phrase. Upscale malls.

Her mindset shows how the mindset of the elite in negative social constructs are - the underclass must suffer in silence and not disturb their betters. Getting repressed? How unacceptable. Something must be done. Getting murdered? How outrageous. Rioting as a result? Do it in your own underclass environment without disturbing your betters.

And this is the mentality of those slightly sympathetic, mind that.

In the conservative segments, you see the full manifestation of late 3d early negative polarity: They quote various belief systems which they adopted in order to justify the negative social construct and their privileged place in that social construct, ranging from 'law and order' being needed in order to 'protect the society' ('America' in this case) and the protesters/underclass being 'terrorists' and 'deserving', and therefore justifying any violent action and repression towards them. And at times, helping in that repression.

The 'America' happens to be their 'America' - in which they occupy a privileged place within the social construct, their views and their methods being dominant and them benefiting from the system. It is 'their America', but it is 'the America' - and therefore those who challenge what's happening in that America, even if they are opposing those who engage in actual regular murder, are in the wrong and must be 'brought to heel'. All of this, without touching the actual widespread manifestation of white supremacism in police force, which FBI had been following for a while. That is outright the elite/slave negative philosophy which Ra explains.

So you end up with the full picture: A negative social construct and those who benefit from its propagation repressing those whom they are exploiting in that social construct. This brings us to the polarity lesson:

The negative entities must propagate the negative system to benefit from it. For that they must subdue and enslave the underclass. For that, they must not give any credence to the underclass' feelings or practice any empathy for them. So that they can use violence and other means to repress the underclass and keep their privileges. Any objection or appeal from those who object will be invalidated through the belief system like the one explained earlier. They are in the 'right', the underclass is in the 'wrong' and therefore they 'deserve it'. This is a bit better than Nazis' belief system which had no kind of justification and the Nazis who did not even see the need to deceive themselves. But its still a negative construct enabled through lying.

Long story short: Those who perpetuate the existing order dont give a damn about anyone's compassion.

The underclass, the repressed, will have to take action and protect themselves just like how Patton and the like in Ww2 had to.

Compassion however comes in at the point where Patton couldnt bring it in - forgiving those who are actually repressing others. The positive entity must not direct hate towards the entities - even if s/he is actually fighting them in a war. The positive entity must not see those entities as lower than itself, and itself higher than those entities. And positive entity must do what its positive polarity requires at that given point in time.

There is another lesson in this for those of higher vibration - of blue and higher. Understanding the situation like explained above, seeing the motives of those who are interacting, understanding the dance that is being played.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Sacred Fool - 06-01-2020

(05-31-2020, 11:30 PM)unity100 Wrote: Compassion however comes in at the point where Patton couldnt bring it in - forgiving those who are actually repressing others. The positive entity must not direct hate towards the entities - even if s/he is actually fighting them in a war. The positive entity must not see those entities as lower than itself, and itself higher than those entities. And positive entity must do what its positive polarity requires at that given point in time.

It seems to me that this perspective only makes sense if one externalizes the drama.  Otherwise, if all this drama is a tempest within the teapot of my own consciousness, then it makes perfect sense from the get-go to have immense compassion for all players, all the time.

RE: Compassion through social strife - unity100 - 06-02-2020

Having compassion for all entities at all times would be something pertaining to late 4d. However internalizing/externalizing the happenings in the world is a gigantic topic which may not be so much related to practical reality. The events will happen whether the entities internalize the events or externalize them.

It also needs to be noted that being nonviolent and accommodating even towards those who seek to kill one would be a trait of late 4d - like in the case of Jesus of Nazareth. These entities' positive polarity reaches 99%, Ra notes.

The cases of 5d and 6d entities become a much more complex topic. 7d and further entities', almost a mystery.

RE: Compassion through social strife - unity100 - 06-02-2020

Normally this should not happen: In a more 'normal' 3d world, the 3d entities would have some capability of manipulating their environment, Ra notes. Apparently not this much - since they also note that the kind of warfare seen on this planet seems to be a byproduct of tool making.

This means that warfare in other, more 'normal' 3d planets wont happen like this. If happens at all - likely would -, it would be less easier and more dependent on the entities' own bodies and their own will.

The entities would need to do their acts as much as their own will, polarity and body allow. Not just pull a trigger like on this planet and easily massacre hundreds of people in a go. Leave aside tens of thousands by using other technology.

All one needs on this planet to do that is to be sufficiently sociopath and just push a button. In another planet, they would need to engage in those acts through the power of their own mind/body/spirit. Which would not allow anyone to massacre tens of thousands of other entities in one go.

That means that in such planets the situation is more balanced in terms of effects of polarity. Meaning whichever polarity is dominant, it would govern those of lesser vibration. In the case of positive entities, their energy would encompass and transform those of others'. That would make peaceful non violent resistance or activism or whatever social activity that exists on those planets much more possible and workable.

But toolmaking makes it very difficult for such transformative work to happen, and makes it very difficult for positive energy to manifest its transformative nature.

So this is more or less an - apparently not well known - situation. As a result we see Patton fighting in Ww2 and Lincoln getting into a Civil War. Ra says that entities must also learn about violent acts, war etc before they can graduate 3d. But the scale seems to be different on this planet.

So this is a complex topic that everyone must ponder deeply.

That said, dont go out and get yourself killed. Surviving and persisting accomplishes objectives.

RE: Compassion through social strife - Bring4th_Austin - 06-02-2020

(05-31-2020, 11:06 AM)Diana Wrote: I can only relate my own experience. I have been in this "boat" for a long time, trying to balance empathy with its corresponding wisdom. For me, seeking deeper empathy for others regarding lack of awareness or empathy on their part, has some efficacy. But not as much as staying focused on my own evolution as a being. As I move forward in consciousness (consciously), I get closer to that balance. It is the real, underlying strength which is built, the wisdom of a balanced perspective that is attained little by little. When I try to find empathy for others' lacks, it is more like treating a symptom, and may yield some results, but is more mired in emotional baggage and emotional responses—only skimming on the 3D surface of a lake of deeper comprehension. So what I do in all things, is to ultimately focus on my own responses, my own reactions—not indulging in them but observing them with a mind to uncovering my own stumbling blocks in growth—and thereby staying accountable to my own evolution.

You may be different, and find this catalyst easier to handle. I think it is a major catalyst in this world, to deal with the suffering here. It has ramped up recently, and the follies of humanity are being demonstrated in a big way. Most people here are very caught up in the maelstrom, as Ra puts it, but I do think that some Wanderers are building connecting threads like spiders weaving silk between this hugely veiled (in more than one sense) reality to a larger reality.

Anyway, I ironically feel your pain too. Tongue I am no sage or master at anything, so what I throw out there for consideration is my experience with this reality only.

To be fully honest, I don't fully grok where you are coming from, but I'm not necessarily feeling as though a shared intellectual understanding is necessary, because I feel resonance with your heart. But for what it's worth, I see the seeking of deeper empathy for others' lack as intrinsically linked with my own evolution as a being. You point out focusing on your own responses - what I see in the "lack of others" isn't necessarily their faults, but what I am perceiving as their faults. It's part of why I'm hoping to create a space for internal reflection, but for me, that reflection is aided by the echoes of the external world.

I really appreciate you sharing your perspective, and offering that you feel my pain as well. I think it's a good place for us to be - to understand we all have a valid and wise perspective to offer, but that we also feel a very primal pain in our situation.

(05-31-2020, 01:49 PM)Navaratna Wrote: This oftentimes makes people lose empathy or seeing the importance of it. I myself sometimes do feel like it is just a drag like "oh..so there's more to it than just making sure I don't need help from anyone. *sigh* I guess you're right Ra, but sometimes it feels like it'd be a lot more simple to just tune everyone out." and oftentimes people just don't even seem to want my empathy lol.

I can absolutely relate to this. It can be so discouraging when we try our best to be loving, understanding, and empathetic, only to have the pain and distortions of this world reflected back to us as though our best efforts mean nothing in the face of this difficult world. I suppose that is where faith comes in. For us to offer love, empathy, and understanding unconditionally requires faith, because intellectually, we are bound to doubt our efforts in one way or another. It takes a spiritually strong person to say, "Yes, it seems as though this world does not care for my love - but I will offer it anyways." I think that's where my personal lesson is right now. Thank you for sharing Navaratna.

(05-31-2020, 02:21 PM)peregrine Wrote:  
 On the topic of catalyst in general, sometimes events yank us down to a place beneath ground level where we feel more able to sense, yet less able to move.

This can evoke emotions such as self-pity and dissatisfaction until some degree of reflection leads to the discovery that movement there is not actuated by physical gestures, but by focus of desire.

At that point, owing to the heightened ability to perceive, one has an enhanced opportunity to move consciousness towards what one becomes increasing aware that one desires...whatever that may happen to be.

So, there's a choice: stuckness or allowing consciousness to focus in novel ways.

Largely, the catalyst will take care of itself.....and greater crystallization of consciousness will either be compelling or not.  Either one learns to travel upon wings of desire towards the Sacred Self or not at that particular point in one's wandering.

I can feel a resonance with your words, but my intellectual mind is struggling to grasp what this process looks like on an individual level. Do you have an idea of what a "focus of desire" or "allowing consciousness to focus in novel ways" looks like in an outward sense? I know this might be a pointless question, given the infinite expressions of the Creator, but perhaps you could invoke a personal example. I appreciate your wisdom in recognizing the grand process at play here.

(05-31-2020, 05:09 PM)flofrog Wrote: Thank you Austin
I don’t really know what to do. I was pretty heartbroken when a few weeks ago I started to look into the fear of losing my job ( not my case) with a family to feed and looking at weeks to come and how to face each morning the future imagining what to do, what to do.
I started to think about a native Indian couple (not my case) and I decided to send prayer and hold that Unknown family in my heart. It helped a bit but not that much.
The several recent brutalities are just, I don’t know, so heavy and like, it’s been so long since Ruby Bridges.

Seems that embracing each other would be so simple.
I don’t know, feeling so useless, and yet hopeful. It can’t be not progressing from here.

Just my feelings.

on edit  I have to add for honesty, that I have also intense compassion for Mr. Chauvin who acted this way, I can't even explain it, because I can't even think what was going through him at that time, and what is going through inside him now, and despite all this, I have this intense compassion for him that I dont even know where it comes from. With sadness but so intense.

Thank you so much for sharing. I can really resonate with your seemingly conflicted feelings. I think it's important for us to allow ourselves to have a space of unknowing, of illogical feelings, of hope within sadness, of pain within hope. I must admit that it is part of my catalyst witnessing that so many people seem so sure of their opinions. There are so many bubbles of reality that people are so absolutely sure that their bubble is the One True Reality, and that all other realities are being manipulated, are immoral, are harmful, are uninformed, are ignorant, are wrong. I think if more people could admit that what they view as the reality of the situation is more akin to their feeling of the situation, and that we're all trying to sort out our feelings, we'd make a bit more progress. But, ironically, that is simply my own bubble.

And thank you for sharing your compassion for Officer Chauvin. What leads a person to behave as he did, I can never understand. But if my love is to be unconditional, understanding cannot be a condition. I think that is a difficult lesson for many people right now. The cultural voice that condemns Chauvin typically upholds empathy and compassion as ideals - perhaps situations like this are a direct challenge to that compassion. It is for me, anyways.