Bring4th
The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD (/showthread.php?tid=18377)

The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - StormShadow - 06-24-2020

I was reading the latest blog post just now, especially the part where Ra talks about how any choice is balanced out with the equal opportunity to choose what is opposite or other than the choice under consideration.

And it came to me that the choice to be positive or negative, due to the limitations of our language, may have been misunderstood, at least by me, until now. If i am reading this right, then the “choice” to be positive or negative, isn’t strictly a choice at all - at least not as far as our grammar allows.

Choices are made: you see two alternatives in front of you, you realize you cannot have both, and you pick whichever one suits you better. The choice is made, and you are done and off to the next.

The “choice” of polarity, however, is not something you “make”. It’s more like holding a small magnet between two other strong magnets, with identical poles facing each other. If you make no effort, the small magnet will be repulsed evenly by the two fixed magnets that it sits between and stay in the middle. 

It takes a continued effort to push against the field in either direction, and if that effort is relaxed, the magnet springs back to the center. What’s more, on it’s way back to the center, it will typically OVERSHOOT to a degree concomitant with the distance it started from before the effort was relaxed. 

What this means is that the choice to be positive or negative is not a choice at all, but a continuous effort, and the farther you get to either side, THE HARDER IT GETS. Not only that, but if you relax your efforts, you risk swinging back, and over-correcting into the OPPOSITE polarity more and more, the further you make it away from the center (or, in polarity’s case, roughly the 75-25 point).

But this explains, or gives a better metaphor for, Ra’s assertion that greater polarity yields greater potential to do magical work. Just as holding a magnet close another magnet with the same pole, the closer you can hold yourself to pure positivity (or negativity), the greater the compressed wall of energy you stand against (and thus are in control of), and you put yourself in a position where that potential of stored energy can be released in a controlled manner, to perform “magic”.

This is kind of a breakthrough for me. Just wanted to share.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - Sacred Fool - 06-24-2020

I'm glad that you had a feeling of breakthrough, but you may have gone astray of the mark.

Most people have no concept of polarity because they never heard of the Ra Material. They just make ordinary choices about how to move through their day. These choice may or may not have polarized charge. To the extent they do, the charge adds up over time.

As the charge increases, Ra avers, a person is given the opportunity to, shall we say, discharge that energy--or, put another way, choose an experience of the opposite charge to return to a point closer to zero. One general case in point would be the, oh so common, spiritual teacher who teaches cool stuff, then abuses students.

You could look at it as playing with lines of force, but that viewpoint misses where I personally sense the real action is, viz., it's a process of discovering self, not vector analysis. It's a process of discovering what lies deep inside....of self.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - flofrog - 06-24-2020

Even though the metaphor of the magnet might be aligned to the so called positive or negative path, we as entities are not magnets, and our deep self, as mentioned above, is much more about our profound view of this 3D world and whether our heart directs us to service to self or service to others.

It might be a continuous effort but perhaps it is way harder as it goes, if one chooses service to self, as it gets to be a lonelier and lonelier path, while the service to others definitely brings peace and somehow bliss as love endures and grows for the other selves, benefiting the self itself.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - Navaratna - 06-24-2020

We may not be magnets but our bodies do seek to maintain a balance in all of it's systems to maintain health such as between electricity, hormones, brain chemicals etc
This is called homeostasis and without being able to analyze ourselves under microscopes it would probably not appear so. There are exceptions like how the heart is on the left side of the body and peoples faces aren't perfectly symmetrical but it's more something that is generally favorable than an absolute rule. For example symmetrical faces are attractive to people but if we were perfectly symmetrical we would look unusual. Yet a person with a severely asymmetrical face would look unhealthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeostasis

Polarity not everyone understands but I think plenty of people do use it. People understand it in designing technology such as with maintaining electrical currents, some may understand it more generally as Tao.

I read an idea lately that suggesting that good and evil must always be going at each other 50-50 is flawed because it's the equivalent of saying that there must be a top part of an apple because there is a bottom when our experience is in a constant state of motion. It gives a false idea that evil is just as powerful as good. The same thing I was reading proposed that evil does not exist there are just different avenues of creativity and sometimes they are not ones we prefer to witness/experience. Nothing is still, everything carries an atomic vibration. The two snake heads of the Tao are never at a 50-50 balance--they are always turning like the two spirals that make a DNA ladder. A perfectly balanced reality would have no motion.

I've had similar ideas StormShadow but minimizing the mind is more of the answer than restlessly trying to put it in to action
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18277

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - Aion - 06-24-2020

In Hermetic thought we might refer to this as "leaning the pendulum".

The choice is a swinging pendulum strung from the hand of God. God's other hand, the hand of humanity, reaches out to grasp it as it swings and once it is gripped must be held fast.

Very astute observation.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - AnthroHeart - 06-24-2020

Aaron Doughty on YouTube calls pendulums those things we often identify with which can sway us.
Like why so many people like certain things. Aaron Doughty calls those pendulums.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - Aion - 06-24-2020

One observing may notice that the easiest way for humanity to catch the pendulum is to let it come to a rest.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - dexter101 - 06-24-2020

19.16 Questioner: Then, through free will, some time in the third-density experience, the path splits and an entity consciously— probably does not consciously choose. Does an entity consciously choose this path at the initial splitting point?

Ra: I am Ra. We speak in generalities which is dangerous for always inaccurate. However, we realize you look for the overview; so we will eliminate anomalies and speak of majorities.
The majority of third-density beings is far along the chosen path before realization of that path is conscious.

RE: The choice of polarity is not made, but HELD - AnthroHeart - 06-24-2020

(06-24-2020, 06:56 AM)dexter101 Wrote: 19.16 Questioner: Then, through free will, some time in the third-density experience, the path splits and an entity consciously— probably does not consciously choose. Does an entity consciously choose this path at the initial splitting point?

Ra: I am Ra. We speak in generalities which is dangerous for always inaccurate. However, we realize you look for the overview; so we will eliminate anomalies and speak of majorities.
The majority of third-density beings is far along the chosen path before realization of that path is conscious.

I wonder if far along the path means greater than 50% polarized STO if that's your path.