Bring4th
What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' (/showthread.php?tid=18559)

What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Ovindu - 09-18-2020

I have previously read the Law of One books 1 to 3 a few months ago, and they were very interesting because they opened my eyes to a greater truth - it is full of information that resonates with me. But now I am so busy with school work that I have not had time to really learn about the Law of One until now.

I have started to read the Ra Material from the beginning again starting from the first book, I generally understand the vibration of what Ra is trying to communicate, however - sometimes I struggle to completely understand what is being discussed in book because of the language used. I notice that Ra tends to use the word 'distortion' very often. I am not sure what the meaning behind the word 'distortion' is, in the sense that Ra uses it, can you please clear up my confusion.
Thank you for helping the world raise its vibration,
Ovindu Heart

PS: I am a bit embarrassed that I don't know what this means Blush Blush

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Patrick - 09-18-2020

Imagine guitar strings that are immobile.  Then you pluck the strings.  The strings are now vibrating, they are distorted.

Ra uses that word like for vibrations.  So everything in the Creation is a distortion really.

[Image: sound-waves-vibrational-universe-frequency.jpg]

Now our goal is for our distortions to be less chaotic

[Image: 12-ways-to-raise-your-vibration.jpg]

And more in sync with the basic distortions of Creation

[Image: D69B9621-F22F-4EB8-900C67DE93ED5596_sour...C49E894B1F]

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Patrick - 09-18-2020

Now the first distortion or vibration is Free Will and the whole Creation starts from there.

But what is a mystery is that before this first distortion, Infinity is yet intelligent and without any vibrations or distortions.

Quote:27.7 Questioner: Now I think I have extracted an important point from this in that in intelligent infinity we have work without polarity, or a potential difference does not have to exist. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no difference, potential or kinetic, in unity. The basic rhythms of intelligent infinity are totally without distortion of any kind. The rhythms are clothed in mystery, for they are being itself. From this undistorted unity, however, appears a potential in relation to intelligent energy.

In this way you may observe the term to be somewhat two-sided, one use of the term, that being as the undistorted unity, being without any kinetic or potential side. The other application of this term, which we use undifferentiatedly for lack of other term in the sense of the vast potential tapped into by foci or focuses of energy, we call intelligent energy.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Ymarsakar - 09-18-2020

https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=18556&pid=282374#pid282374

As student, you can easily listen to llnpodcast and qa s like this one on LOO.

As for distortion, it is like the image of the creator but changed

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Dtris - 09-19-2020

Have you ever had a fish tank or pool and played with the way things look from above and below the water? How distance and position can be changed? This would be a distortion.

Now imagine there is a true vibration, image, or thought of the entire creation, but there are many layers of water surrounding this true image. Any attempt to view it will be distorted.

Now imagine you are trying to see that true image, but every time you move, you create ripples in the layers of water around the image, this is another distortion.

Ra uses the word in two ways. The first, is to describe the way the creator has acted to create laws, The Law of One, the Law of Free Will. The second way is the action of co-creators, you and me and everything else that has individuated consciousness. Our actions, mental and physical, cause distortions.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Sacred Fool - 09-20-2020

I'll toss in another thought.  For me, that Intelligent Infinity is undistorted means that it is changeless.  Now, when you try to think of something changeless, your gonna have a hard time coming up with anything (and maybe someone will?), because even a vacuum is unstable, as little particles just appear in it out of nowhere, scientists tell us.  So, what does it mean that this "thing" exists, but, because it is changeless, it cannot be measured by time, nor by space?  Well, you'll have to ponder that for yourself without any help from me.  I simply accept it, as Ra noted in the quote offered by Patrick, as pure Mystery.

As to the definition of "distorted," that one's a bit easier.  The way I read that, the famous first two distortions are the primary two steps away from that mysterious unity and into the experience of differentiation.  Following those there are any number of further steps away, and the further you travel along succeeding "steps," the more you experience distorted qualities of separation (which is to say, various phenomena and phenomenal states of consciousness).  Ergo, the closer your consciousness moves towards the experience of cosmic unity, the less distorted your instrument becomes (your instrument of consciousness, that is).  Your spirit's journey, then, is the process of stepping this way and that way and possibly choosing to be guided by faith (i.e., by your internal recognition of what is less distorted) to move closer towards an undistorted experience of Creation, even though, of course, Creation is quite dynamic and, I dare say, confounding.

The trick to navigating this, I would conjecture, is to travel as much as you can in alignment with your own spirit, and this begins for us in a serious way, Confederation sources aver, by entering your own heart center.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Patrick - 09-20-2020

(09-19-2020, 11:15 PM)Dtris Wrote: Have you ever had a fish tank or pool and played with the way things look from above and below the water? How distance and position can be changed? This would be a distortion.

Now imagine there is a true vibration, image, or thought of the entire creation, but there are many layers of water surrounding this true image. Any attempt to view it will be distorted.

Now imagine you are trying to see that true image, but every time you move, you create ripples in the layers of water around the image, this is another distortion.

Ra uses the word in two ways. The first, is to describe the way the creator has acted to create laws, The Law of One, the Law of Free Will. The second way is the action of co-creators, you and me and everything else that has individuated consciousness. Our actions, mental and physical, cause distortions.

Excellent !  Your analogy is like merging Stephen Hawking's the Grand Design with the Ra Material. BigSmile

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Ymarsakar - 09-20-2020

Kryon also has a great fish tank story. Was before 2020, and it was quite accurate. Things look dark because the fish tank is under a construction and the fishes are panicking, but things will clear up before long.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Asolsutsesvyl - 09-22-2020

Here's the technical signal processing view.

A pure tone (sine wave) is just one frequency.

There's many types of distortion, depending on the context. Contexts include amplitude, frequency, phase, shape of the waveform, etc. Distortion can create a different frequency spectrum, usually richer - unless you count simply shifting the frequency or the amplitude as a type of distortion. Ra seems to refer to a complication of what is more fundamentally there when using the word, meaning distortion in general which creates more frequencies without shifting the base frequency, and that brings to mind the below.

Deforming the shape of the waveform creates a richer spectrum, mainly by adding more frequencies related to those already there. Amplitude, frequency, or phase can be modulated, for more complex patterns of richer frequencies created from simple beginnings, and this is for example the basis of the 80's "FM synthesizer" sound.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - flofrog - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 06:26 AM)Asolsutsesvyl Wrote: Here's the technical signal processing view.

A pure tone (sine wave) is just one frequency.

There's many types of distortion, depending on the context. Contexts include amplitude, frequency, phase, shape of the waveform, etc. Distortion can create a different frequency spectrum, usually richer - unless you count simply shifting the frequency or the amplitude as a type of distortion. Ra seems to refer to a complication of what is more fundamentally there when using the word, meaning distortion in general which creates more frequencies without shifting the base frequency, and that brings to mind the below.

Deforming the shape of the waveform creates a richer spectrum, mainly by adding more frequencies related to those already there. Amplitude, frequency, or phase can be modulated, for more complex patterns of richer frequencies created from simple beginnings, and this is for example the basis of the 80's "FM synthesizer" sound.

As in music from India.. Wink

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Asolsutsesvyl - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 11:43 AM)flofrog Wrote: As in music from India.. Wink

If you mean traditional instruments, then, well, I forgot about the analog world while writing the previous post. I've read some description to the effect that historically, in the West, instruments developed towards simpler and "cleaner" sounds making them easy to combine in orchestras, while in the East, instruments were instead made so that a lone musician would produce the richest, fullest sound with a single instrument. "Rich and full" being the opposite of the purity of a tuning fork.

Then there's modern music named after a place in India, but most of the time not actually Indian, even if inspired (though often loosely) in rhythm and themes. Goa trance, which I listened a lot to in the 00's, has a rich and complex synthesized sound that is notably drum-heavy, like other trance genres (including the quite similar, though more Western and sci-fi themed, psy-trance genre).

I like to think in digital terms, because then you have the means of adding distortions of different types layer by layer, in precise ways. As in, turn a virtual knob and listen and/or look at an oscilloscope. (Or write your own code to change an audio signal in a simple-enough way and test what happens.)

Compared to modern synthesized music in general, I find FM synthesis (old but nowadays one of several big techniques) interesting because all sound is made by connecting sine wave oscillators in particular ways. A few sine wave oscillators connected in carrier-modulator sequences can produce very varied results. Simple frequency ratios between carrier and modulator create simple spectra, more complex ratios create more complex spectra. On the simpler/purer side are the iconic bell-like metallic sounds.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - flofrog - 09-22-2020

I was thinking traditional Indian music’. I loved the early synthesized music of the sixties. Today there’s so many new musicians, I find it amazing, and the quality of those. Not always the most well known but you keep discovering really incredible young new musicians it’s reallly amazing.

At the same time, you listen to Monteverdi, some of his madrigaliste. In particular il Combattimento di tancredi e clorinda that music is wild, like nearly raw medieval rock mixed with Sufi, just pretty wild Wink

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Infinite - 09-23-2020

Quote:Gary: Q’uo, in Ra’s cosmology, before infinity became aware, it was without distortion. The moment, so to speak, that infinity became aware and discerned a concept—that it could and would know itself—the First Distortion was born, what Ra alternatingly calls the Law of Confusion and the Law of Freewill. And from that first distortion springs the infinite universes and infinite distortions. Can you describe what Ra means by “distortion”? What is a distortion?

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. As far as we are able to determine, a distortion is any permutation or change from unity. Unity, then, being that quality from which all that is made comes. Unity itself is homogeneous, shall we say. It is as it is. There is no mark or disturbance of unity, there is only the intelligent infinity. When the First Distortion, or Free Will, came into being, then there was the possibility of utilizing portions of that unity to create a beingness, an expression, an alteration of that unity that would utilize that unity to allow the Creator to make what you see as the one creation.

Any distortion is a permutation of unity. Any distortion is a reflection of some portion of unity.All distortions require the beginning of unity to be formed in such and such a manner so that there is a movement away from total unity into that which is the infinite creation. Thus, any distortion may utilize unity to create any thing, any universe, any being, any experience, any concept that is itself a distortion.

Source: https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_0323.aspx

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Patrick - 09-23-2020

What is remarkable is that Unity was Intelligent before the first distortion.  Those rhythms of this Infinite Intelligence are a mystery.  We could maybe call them vibrations as well within Unity.  So Distortions are something else.  I like how Q'uo described it.  

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - Asolsutsesvyl - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 11:23 AM)Patrick Wrote: What is remarkable is that Unity was Intelligent before the first distortion.  Those rhythms of this Infinite Intelligence are a mystery.  We could maybe call them vibrations as well within Unity.  So Distortions are something else.  I like how Q'uo described it.  

I think Intelligence is relational, and relative to the fullest, in its very existence. In the Unity having everything needed to deal with everything, it was intelligent. Well, the Unity needed to be intelligent enough to deal with itself, in order to create and all the rest, I guess. With increasing distortion, there then enters complexity where Intelligence takes on more intricately structured ways of working, I think.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - AnthroHeart - 09-23-2020

I think distortion is any separation from pure love/light.

RE: What does Ra mean by 'distortion' - 3-24-2022 - 08-02-2022

Disappointing to see this forum go, there are a lot of ideas still worth discussing.