Bring4th
What are your favorite spiritual books? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: What are your favorite spiritual books? (/showthread.php?tid=18909)

What are your favorite spiritual books? - Bosphorus1982 - 02-09-2021

Mine are:

1- Conversations with God 1-2-3

2- Ra material

3- Bringers of the dawn

4- Cassiopaea material

5- P'taah

Each of these are great and provide deep spiritual knowledge. Anyway for me the most important one is the first. It's changed me completely.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - MrWho - 02-09-2021

The Ra material had everything I was looking for! My journey has been one of the overactive mind or blue ray energy center. And its overwhelming message of love and oneness has helped shape my mind in the positive, and to also help quiet it.

I am still trying to heal from many ordeals, however I look forward to reading all of the books you posted! ♥️

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Minyatur - 02-09-2021

I am currently reading 'Dao De Jing: A Philosophical Translation' and very much love it. It kind of makes you realize most things that are in the Ra material were already around for quite a long time.

There is the entire philosophy of Logos and sub-Logoi (field focus and individual foci), Oneness, livingness of all things as processes in evolution, the concept of the first 3 distortions from which all other distortions stem from without predominance (Dao engenders one. One two. Two three. And three, the myriad things.), contains the STO philosophy as the basis of development of one's character which becomes the mean of making your life meaningful. I'm definitely forgetting a whole lot of parallels to add.

The main difference seems to lie in it not wanting to personify the totality of everything, which they call the Dao. On the other hand, the Ra material refers to it as the One Infinite Creator. Semantics I guess.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Black Dragon - 02-09-2021

1.) The Ra Material

2.) The Kybalion

3.) Hymns to an Unknown God: Awakening the Spirit in Everyday Life

4.) A Course in Miracles

5.) Prism of Lyra: an Exploration of Human Galactic Heritage

6.) Bringers of the Dawn

7.) A Dweller on Two Planets

8. An Earth Dweller's Return

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - flofrog - 02-10-2021

The Ra material

Destiny of Souls. MichaelNewton

Any book by Paramahansa Yogananda

The Power of Now. Eckhert Tollé

Wherever you go , there you are. Jon Kabbat Zin

and a novel... Citadel by St Exupery

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Raukura Waihaha - 02-10-2021

The Kybalion
Song of Waitaha - Barry Brailsford
The Music of the Spheres - Jamie James
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - JerryF - 02-13-2021

Previously I focused on:
  • Bringers of the Dawn
  • Ra Material, channeling transcripts, Voices of the Confederation and other L&L publications
  • Conversations With God – the dialog books, not the commentary books by Neale Donald Walsch
  • Books by or about Yogananda Paramahansa
  • Commentaries on Edgar Cayce readings

Recently have been studying The Convoluted Universe series by Dolores Cannon (1931-2014).  These are transcripts and commentaries of her hypnotherapy sessions with clients.  
Similar to Michael Newton (past life therapy to heal current problems and illnesses, between lives episodes).

Some of the later sessions included clients being advised by a higher source of wisdom (speaking through the client) to put less attention on searching for past karma to clear and instead focus on creating in the present.

She concedes (I think it was in vol. 3) that some of the scenes described by clients are symbolic and not memories of actual incidents.

She describes “Imprinting,” a concept I had not previously heard of, which is a being when incarnating bringing with them someone else’s memories.  If true, this could help a being that is new to the earth experience adjust more easily to this place.  Soul imprinting could also help explain why more than one person would claim to be a historically significant figure in a past life.

Another unusual concept that came out in sessions was the idea of “backdrop people” (volumes 4 & 5).  They can be thought of as a bridge state between 2nd density and 3rd density.  Similar to the Cassiopaean’s concept of organic portals – people without a soul.  The C's caution against rushing to categorize people in this way.

Jerry

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 03-23-2021

Bhagavad-Gita (ISKCON Edition).

That is the most profound book I have ever read. I have read a lot of philosophical books, covering Hinduism, Sikhism, Zen Buddhism and Shinto. Of all the books I read, none are as good as that edition of the Gita. I still get shivers down my back as I read the Purports. It is also the only edition of the book that the majority of Universities around the world use for Philosophical Studies. When HDG Bhaktivedanta commissioned the rewriting of the book, that was his highest achievement. For that I will always be indebted.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - sillypumpkins - 03-23-2021

i'd have to look in my box of books to find all the titles, but i read The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz recently..... ancient Toltec wisdom book.

it's short and sweet.... Heart

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - AnthroHeart - 03-23-2021

The Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden was good from what I recall.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - flofrog - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 07:16 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: Bhagavad-Gita (ISKCON Edition).

That is the most profound book I have ever read. I have read a lot of philosophical books, covering Hinduism, Sikhism, Zen Buddhism and Shinto. Of all the books I read, none are as good as that edition of the Gita. I still get shivers down my back as I read the Purports. It is also the only edition of the book that the majority of Universities around the world use for Philosophical Studies. When HDG Bhaktivedanta commissioned the rewriting of the book, that was his highest achievement. For that I will always be indebted.

Same here Ming Wink

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - unity100 - 03-23-2021

1 - Ra material
2 - Silver Birch
3 - Bartholomew

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - the - 03-24-2021

1. the ascension papers by zingdad
2. the harmonic reactor, quantum manifestation by Marina Jacobi
3. alien interview
4. Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness, and other books by Itzhak Bentov
5. Ra material

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 04-20-2021

(02-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Minyatur Wrote: I am currently reading 'Dao De Jing: A Philosophical Translation' and very much love it. It kind of makes you realize most things that are in the Ra material were already around for quite a long time.

There is the entire philosophy of Logos and sub-Logoi (field focus and individual foci), Oneness, livingness of all things as processes in evolution, the concept of the first 3 distortions from which all other distortions stem from without predominance (Dao engenders one. One two. Two three. And three, the myriad things.), contains the STO philosophy as the basis of development of one's character which becomes the mean of making your life meaningful. I'm definitely forgetting a whole lot of parallels to add.

The main difference seems to lie in it not wanting to personify the totality of everything, which they call the Dao. On the other hand, the Ra material refers to it as the One Infinite Creator. Semantics I guess.

If you like Dao De Jing, you may also like this? I found it a few minutes ago. I also downloaded Dao De Jing. Promising.

http://www.tclt.org.uk/laozi/Daode_Jing_2011.pdf

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ymarsakar - 04-20-2021

Sun Tzu's Art of War, Tao Te Ching, Socrates The Way of the Warrior (Peaceful)

The Book of Mormon, the unadulterated parts of the ancient scriptures, and A Course in Miracles workbook.

Michael Newton's stuff.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 04-20-2021

(04-20-2021, 06:09 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Sun Tzu's Art of War, Tao Te Ching, Socrates The Way of the Warrior (Peaceful)

The Book of Mormon, the unadulterated parts of the ancient scriptures, and A Course in Miracles workbook.

Michael Newton's stuff.

That is one Chinese Philosophical book I have not heard of it. Was it not my duty to search for it? So I did.

http://www.artofwarsuntzu.com/Art%20of%20War%20PDF.pdf

The "Book of Mormon"? I have read better comic books. Have you ever read it? Unfortunately, (for myself), my brother became a Mormon. He tried to convert me, (was he serious)? There is more wisdom in a single verse of Lao Tzu than the whole book of Mormon. Joseph Smith was a conman who preyed on the gullible. The Latter Day Saints, (use loosely), could have only happened in the United States, it would never been allowed in Europe. I will honour Eastern Philosophy.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ymarsakar - 04-20-2021

Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was and is the real deal.

Eastern Philosophy and the Vedic religions, do not have problems with other branches. In fact, India has so many "off branches" that it got really confusing between Jains, Buddhists, and Hindus. They never had a religious holy war against each other nor did they have large scale persecutions enforced by the state.

"I have read better comic books."

The true Eastern faithful would never attempt to belittle or compare their system vs other systems, since there are like hundreds if not thousands.

Ming, are you being mind controlled by something you read or heard about in the West? Un dealt with personal catalysts with your brother for example?

Reading the whole book of Mormon is quite impressive, as it is not a small text. Why did you do it?

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 04-21-2021

(04-20-2021, 07:05 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was and is the real deal.

Eastern Philosophy and the Vedic religions, do not have problems with other branches. In fact, India has so many "off branches" that it got really confusing between Jains, Buddhists, and Hindus. They never had a religious holy war against each other nor did they have large scale persecutions enforced by the state.

The true Eastern faithful would never attempt to belittle or compare their system vs other systems, since there are like hundreds if not thousands.

Ming, are you being mind controlled by something you read or heard about in the West? Un dealt with personal catalysts with your brother for example?

Reading the whole book of Mormon is quite impressive, as it is not a small text. Why did you do it?

The difference between Hinduism, and Western Religion? In the East, it is established that each individual has his/her interpretation of the Divine. This is why in Hinduism there are three hundred million God(s), or, three hundred million aspects of the entity. Also according to Eastern Philosophy, each interpretation is an Absolute, (and correct). Your interpretation could be the polar opposite to my concept of Reality and the God(s), and although they are viewed differently, both interpretations are Absolutes, (and correct). For me to convert you to my belief is immoral.

I disagree, the Book of Mormon is not impressive. I have read many Philosophies from the East, and the Book of Mormon is not of the same quality or calibre. Its lacking genuine Spirituality.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ymarsakar - 04-21-2021

<B>For me to convert you to my belief is immoral.</b>

Rulers in ancient India were freely able to convert between different sects or branches of the 3 major religions.

<B>I disagree, the Book of Mormon is not impressive. I have read many Philosophies from the East, and the Book of Mormon is not of the same quality or calibre. Its lacking genuine Spirituality.</b>

What you are disagreeing about is your brother. I notice you have not mentioned him again?

"Reading the whole book of Mormon is quite impressive, as it is not a small text. Why did you do it?"

" Also according to Eastern Philosophy, each interpretation is an Absolute, (and correct). Your interpretation could be the polar opposite to my concept of Reality and the God(s), and although they are viewed differently, both interpretations are Absolutes, (and correct)."

"I disagree, the Book of Mormon is not impressive. "

According to Eastern Philosophy, is your disagreement correct or incorrect on the absolutes?

" I have read better comic books."

"Have you ever read it?"

I have read the entirety of the Book of Mormon, including the Doctrines and Covenants as well as the most of the Journal of Discourses, primary sources back before US Civil War 1.

"Unfortunately, (for myself), my brother became a Mormon. He tried to convert me"

Not a detail that is logical to bring up for this topic if "it just does not impress".

"There is more wisdom in a single verse of Lao Tzu than the whole book of Mormon."

Would Easterners disrespect Jainism by making statements like that? The gurus, sadgurus, yogis, buddhist monks, shaolin monks, don't tend to act like a Western intellectual, making absolute statements they are confident in. If anything, Westerners find Eastern modes of mentality, extremely vague and cryptic.

"Joseph Smith was a conman who preyed on the gullible."

Personally attacking a person you have never met and that has never done you any harm.... is your ego mind jacked by something? Connected to your brother, that you suddenly brought up and now have forgotten about?

"The Latter Day Saints, (use loosely), could have only happened in the United States, it would never been allowed in Europe."

The Albigensian UN-Holy War and the burning alive of Jean De Arc and the translators of the Bible, back up your claim. Religious freedom was not allowed in Europe. Now the question is, what does that have to do with you, me, or the Book of Mormon?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/bofm/ether/8?lang=eng&clang=eng

This is a very relevant section, written by Moroni, son of Mormon.

"And whatsoever a nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them and yet he avenge them not."

"25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.

26 Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have no power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may be persuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved."

Very relevant to today's problem with secret societies and modern conspiracism arguments.

Quote:Chapter 58

1. The government that seems the most unwise,
Oft goodness to the people best supplies;
That which is meddling, touching everything,
Will work but ill, and disappointment bring. Misery!--happiness is to be found by its side! Happiness!--misery lurks beneath it! Who knows what either will come to in the end?

2. Shall we then dispense with correction? The (method of) correction shall by a turn become distortion, and the good in it shall by a turn become evil. The delusion of the people (on this point) has indeed subsisted for a long time.

3. Therefore the sage is (like) a square which cuts no one (with its angles); (like) a corner which injures no one (with its sharpness). He is straightforward, but allows himself no license; he is bright, but does not dazzle.
The Tao Te Ching's translation issue, once again, pops up.

Although this format does explain where the mimicry comes up. That's not how English is usually written.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Black Dragon - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 08:26 AM)Ming the Merciful Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 07:05 PM)Ymarsakar Wrote: Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was and is the real deal.

The difference between Hinduism, and Western Religion? In the East, it is established that each individual has his/her interpretation of the Divine. This is why in Hinduism there are three hundred million God(s), or, three hundred million aspects of the entity. Also according to Eastern Philosophy, each interpretation is an Absolute, (and correct). Your interpretation could be the polar opposite to my concept of Reality and the God(s), and although they are viewed differently, both interpretations are Absolutes, (and correct). For me to convert you to my belief is immoral.

I disagree, the Book of Mormon is not impressive. I have read many Philosophies from the East, and the Book of Mormon is not of the same quality or calibre. Its lacking genuine Spirituality.
I feel called to share some of my perspectives. A lot of your posts are really insightful. In this area, however, I feel maybe there's some progress you could make or new breakthroughs you could have that would enrich yourself spiritually and knowledge wise. I don't have a lot of super direct experiential knowledge with Mormonism. I am learning more about the LDS now and I'll come back to that at the closing of what I say.

In high school, I was agnostic but with a tendency to believe in spirituality and reincarnation, but wasn't fully awakened or knowledgeable in a spiritual manner. I went through the phase of learning everything that was wrong about religion, and posted on a  mostly left-wing forum that made fun of religious fundamentalists. Some of the people there were really hardline materialist and ridicule and mention of spirituality. One guy who was a balanced progressive(not in the political lingo necessarily) Mormon used to get a lot of crap even though his perspectives were reasonable.

A lot between then and now taught me there are good and bad, useful and useless, elements in every religious and spiritual tradition. Part of being an adept is to not "throw the baby out with the bathwater", and recognize and integrate the good, useful, pure, and truly loving and wise elements from all these sources I encounter, even if I do not choose to study them deeply, I can at least give them their due respect and know they all have good elements.

After my first stages of awakening I identified closer with Buddhism than anything else, but still went my own direction. Even nowadays, I believe that Buddhism and other far Eastern religions and traditions are less polluted, less distorted, and more in tact with their true integrity than "Western" ones. I mean, nothing that passes through generations of humans will ever be 100% perfect, that's what discernment and being your own authority is for, but these far Eastern traditions, their level of purity is quite high, especially speaking relatively. It's quite easy to see their worth, right? With that I agree 100%. They are quite excellent and I personally, subjectively am drawn to them more than anything resembling Judeo-Christianity. I can tell you Jesus is for real though and I'm learning more about the positive elements of REAL Christianity. That is to say, any kind that truly comes from the heart.

With those "annoying" western religions, there is plenty of real wisdom, and plenty that comes from the heart, including Mormonism. I'm learning now just how charitable their Church has been in humanitarian ventures, and I'm seeing a lot of higher spiritual knowledge that's a lot more unfiltered and undistorted than I've seen in any other branch of Christianity I have encountered. You just have to dig a little deeper. What if I told you the gems are quite rewarding, and if you are walking on the grounds of respect and non-judgment, they will be all that closer to the surface?

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 04-21-2021

(04-21-2021, 12:51 PM)Black Dragon Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:26 AM)Ming the Merciful Wrote:

I feel called to share some of my perspectives. A lot of your posts are really insightful. In this area, however, I feel maybe there's some progress you could make or new breakthroughs you could have that would enrich yourself spiritually and knowledge wise. I don't have a lot of super direct experiential knowledge with Mormonism. I am learning more about the LDS now and I'll come back to that at the closing of what I say.

In high school, I was agnostic but with a tendency to believe in spirituality and reincarnation, but wasn't fully awakened or knowledgeable in a spiritual manner. I went through the phase of learning everything that was wrong about religion, and posted on a  mostly left-wing forum that made fun of religious fundamentalists. Some of the people there were really hardline materialist and ridicule and mention of spirituality. One guy who was a balanced progressive(not in the political lingo necessarily) Mormon used to get a lot of crap even though his perspectives were reasonable.

A lot between then and now taught me there are good and bad, useful and useless, elements in every religious and spiritual tradition. Part of being an adept is to not "throw the baby out with the bathwater", and recognize and integrate the good, useful, pure, and truly loving and wise elements from all these sources I encounter, even if I do not choose to study them deeply, I can at least give them their due respect and know they all have good elements.

After my first stages of awakening I identified closer with Buddhism than anything else, but still went my own direction. Even nowadays, I believe that Buddhism and other far Eastern religions and traditions are less polluted, less distorted, and more in tact with their true integrity than "Western" ones. I mean, nothing that passes through generations of humans will ever be 100% perfect, that's what discernment and being your own authority is for, but these far Eastern traditions, their level of purity is quite high, especially speaking relatively. It's quite easy to see their worth, right? With that I agree 100%. They are quite excellent and I personally, subjectively am drawn to them more than anything resembling Judeo-Christianity. I can tell you Jesus is for real though and I'm learning more about the positive elements of REAL Christianity. That is to say, any kind that truly comes from the heart.

With those "annoying" western religions, there is plenty of real wisdom, and plenty that comes from the heart, including Mormonism. I'm learning now just how charitable their Church has been in humanitarian ventures, and I'm seeing a lot of higher spiritual knowledge that's a lot more unfiltered and undistorted than I've seen in any other branch of Christianity I have encountered. You just have to dig a little deeper. What if I told you the gems are quite rewarding, and if you are walking on the grounds of respect and non-judgment, they will be all that closer to the surface?

The difference between Eastern and Western Philosophy, is that the West is, (endlessly), trying to convert everybody in the East, (in total ignorance). The majority of Christians understand and know nothing of Eastern Philosophy, (I have encountered several), and as soon as they know what my Philosophical beliefs were, the only purpose of friendship was to convert me. I know this, because before I turned East for Spiritual Knowledge, I was a "Fundamentalist" Christian, and I know their mindset. Christianity is not satisfied trying to convert the world, they are also trying to convert each other. In some cases, the people of some sects hate members of other Christian sects. The feud between the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses which has been ongoing since both sects started. There are others. The majority of Protestant sects dislike or hate the Catholic or Orthodox. Then people wonder why I left Christianity? From personal experience, I always considered Christianity as superficial and never genuine. The East observes Spirituality differently than in the West

"In some cases, the people of some sects hate members of other Christian sects."-Future Ming

"Joseph Smith was a conman who preyed on the gullible." - Past Ming

It is quite amazing how humans think the problems they hate so much is from other people.

"Then people wonder why I left Christianity?"

No, that's not what I wonder. I have a whole list of questions above on various topics for Ming. I'll still be waiting on them getting answered.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Black Dragon - 04-21-2021

I could say that far Eastern cultures an traditions we all know and love are the result of a temporal roundabout because the TL's without them totally sucked, and they were protected somewhat from the rest of the world in almost what you call a mini timeline lateral/quarantine for those traditions to evolve and survive? You wouldn't have to believe me though.

Imagine those cultures had been less protected, isolated, and insular, that they were allowed to be contaminated in the same way as Abrahamic religions? I mean, no Orion pirates ever tried to rewrite the Tao or impersonate Budda or anything. Perhaps in some bizzaro world some Judeo-Christian-symbiology-identifying Ming is criticizing the attitudes of Taoists and Buddhists because dark forces and human charlatans have polluted their traditions worse in that world? Who knows.

Yes, there is a lot wrong within Christianity. It's not something inherently bad about Christianity. It's just humans blundering and getting hijacked, and religions being tampered with by negatives. This is what discernment is for. Judgment is the lazy way, the right not to know. I know because I've done a lot of it and it's been a big waste of time.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - sequoyah - 06-05-2021

Heart   I haven't read enough for full opinion but wonder if you've found some other Law of One vibes?  From my experiences with some, they seem to have a more mystical view of life than I expected.  Not down with reincarnation for sure though, but knowledgeable regarding "the veil". They carried out "service to others" works too.

Blessings 

I cherish the The Law of One and not any other writings compare really! Q'uo are really informative at times next.

Enjoy many books though, for instance some by T. Lobsang Rampa. How about Plato's Allegory of the Cave? That's enlightening.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 06-09-2021

This is not about any book, (per se). A few days ago I stumbled across this website, (falling flat onto my face, (metaphorically)), and it is a library that contains hundreds, (if not thousands), of free books in "PDF" format. On every subject that you could imagine. If you are grounded in a specific religious tradition, or philosophy, you will find it there. Go and have a look, (already), you will not regret it.

https://holybooks.com/about/

Post Script unto the Seekers of Truth.

I have downloaded several books from there, my PDF library grows rapidly.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Patrick - 06-10-2021

(06-09-2021, 05:51 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: This is not about any book, (per se). A few days ago I stumbled across this website, (falling flat onto my face, (metaphorically)), and it is a library that contains hundreds, (if not thousands), of free books in "PDF" format. On every subject that you could imagine. If you are grounded in a specific religious tradition, or philosophy, you will find it there. Go and have a look, (already), you will not regret it.

What do you think would be closer to the Law of One in there ?

Maybe something like this?  http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/CLF-TheEnneagram-Gurdjieff.pdf

Quote:I now speak of the basic law of the unity of the many, the law of the octaves. It has
repeatedly been stated that this law is all comprehensive, that every process in its gradual
development, independently of its scale, is fully determined by the law or the construction of
the seven toned gamut. In other words, the seven toned gamut in its structure shows forth all
the properties of this law. It has also been said that every completed process is formed from
an elementary phenomenon, considered as "Do", and from a derivative phenomenon "Do" of
the succeeding octave higher or lower, according as the process is evolutive or involutive.
Every note, every tone of the gamut on another scale, is again in the same way a whole
octave, as it were a closed round cycle. Every interval between two contiguous tones is again
a whole octave. Those intervals between mi and fa, and between si and do, which cannot be
bridged in the process we are considering on their own energy and require in order to pass on
outside assistance - assistance from the outside only - thereby connecting their own processes
up with other processes. In other words, the law of the octave connects all processes of world
creation, and offers to the initiated the scale by which he can pass on, and the law of the
structure of the octave, and makes it possible for him to know everything and every
phenomenon just as they are and in all their reciprocal relations, together with the things and
phenomena connected with them. And so for the synthesization of all knowledge relating to
the law of the structure of the octave, there exists a symbol, with the form of a geometrical
figure. But before passing on to the description itself of the symbol, I shall say a few words
about the teaching that utilizes this symbol, and its relation to other systems that have
recourse to symbolic methods for handing down knowledge.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ming the Merciful - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 10:19 AM)Patrick Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 05:51 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: This is not about any book, (per se). A few days ago I stumbled across this website, (falling flat onto my face, (metaphorically)), and it is a library that contains hundreds, (if not thousands), of free books in "PDF" format. On every subject that you could imagine. If you are grounded in a specific religious tradition, or philosophy, you will find it there. Go and have a look, (already), you will not regret it.

What do you think would be closer to the Law of One in there ?

Maybe something like this?  http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/CLF-TheEnneagram-Gurdjieff.pdf

Quote:I now speak of the basic law of the unity of the many, the law of the octaves. It has
repeatedly been stated that this law is all comprehensive, that every process in its gradual
development, independently of its scale, is fully determined by the law or the construction of
the seven toned gamut. In other words, the seven toned gamut in its structure shows forth all
the properties of this law. It has also been said that every completed process is formed from
an elementary phenomenon, considered as "Do", and from a derivative phenomenon "Do" of
the succeeding octave higher or lower, according as the process is evolutive or involutive.
Every note, every tone of the gamut on another scale, is again in the same way a whole
octave, as it were a closed round cycle. Every interval between two contiguous tones is again
a whole octave. Those intervals between mi and fa, and between si and do, which cannot be
bridged in the process we are considering on their own energy and require in order to pass on
outside assistance - assistance from the outside only - thereby connecting their own processes
up with other processes. In other words, the law of the octave connects all processes of world
creation, and offers to the initiated the scale by which he can pass on, and the law of the
structure of the octave, and makes it possible for him to know everything and every
phenomenon just as they are and in all their reciprocal relations, together with the things and
phenomena connected with them. And so for the synthesization of all knowledge relating to
the law of the structure of the octave, there exists a symbol, with the form of a geometrical
figure. But before passing on to the description itself of the symbol, I shall say a few words
about the teaching that utilizes this symbol, and its relation to other systems that have
recourse to symbolic methods for handing down knowledge.

I think what we see here, is a man before his time? A Prophet? On the other hand, is the "Law of One" not timeless and Universal, and also arcane. This brings us back to Blavatsky, (and associated personages), who, (basically), brought the Knowledge of the East to the West. This is the reflection of the "Hidden Knowledge" which has started permeating Humanity. The "Forbidden Fruit". After reading the quote, (above), I went back to Holy Books and downloaded the book, (forthwith). Including all his other writings, (were they not free)? Never look a gift horse in the mouth, it may bite. That is paraphrasing myself in an earlier Thread, which has disappeared into the mists of time. When it is my time, and I am honoured, (among men), I will be known as him, the "Man of Metaphors".

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - Ebe - 06-14-2021

At the beginning of my quest, I found the books from "Cerchio Firenze '77" (Florence '77 Circle) really useful. They sound close to Q'uo messages. My husband introduced me to these books, he was there during some medianic sessions of theirs and knew the medium/instrument well; he even owns an unpublished manuscript about cosmogony from one of the Teachers.
"Daodejing" was another illuminating book. The Gospel of St Thomas. A small book with quotes by La Mère I can't remember which title had. A book about the history of Western mysticism by Marco Vannini.
And films, many films.

RE: What are your favorite spiritual books? - sillypumpkins - 06-17-2021

Just finished "the alchemist" by paul coelho. very simple and beautiful