Bring4th
Making The World A Better Place - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Making The World A Better Place (/showthread.php?tid=19164)

Making The World A Better Place - Aion - 05-08-2021

I've been thinking about this lately and how many different and varied viewpoints there are on the state of the world, what is going on, and what would make things "better".

I find myself turning this question over and it seems like the answer will be as varied as the viewpoints. I admit, I have a hard time concluding one for myself since in a manner I don't really see the moment as being anything other than what it is.

However, I am curious what sort of ideals people have, what to each of you would make the world a "better place", or I guess really, make it more appealing for yourself? Some maybe wouldn't change anything. Some would maybe change everything. I generally tend towards the thought that change is inevitable, we can only influence its flow within the scope of our will and capacity to perceive and make choices.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Minyatur - 05-08-2021

In my case, it is more along the lines of not wanting to change anything. I thrive in holding a perception of unity within myself and slowly work on the portions of myself which don't. I believe a lot in healing and that this is the most efficient path to this primal distortion of the Law of One. In turn, I want to hold the opportunity to offer it back to the world, just as the world has first offered it to me. I do recognize though that this is my path and not what the entire world is about, although I guess it ultimately does come to that.

Like you said, change is inevitable. Things grow and evolve of themselves and to me the perfect world is just one in which things are what they are. This is what I seek to recognize within my reality. It may not make that much sense to the incarnated individual, but I do believe most souls are here for what the current Earth is and not what it can be that would be different. There's a whole lot of love and passion that shines amidst the struggles of the human experience.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Doomchief - 05-08-2021

First thy seek the Kingdom of Heaven and everything shall be added. Personal seeking and polarisation can be the true driving force behind the change in the society. The Taoist concept Wu Wei - "inaction", or "effortless action" through meditation can help. Or the Golden Rule.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - flofrog - 05-08-2021

I love those answers.
They make me think of two things the Maharshi said

" Going inside I put myself in order and the world rearranges itself around me."
and
“To see, to experience, and to honor is to participate in life instead of standing back and judging it.”

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Dtris - 05-09-2021

Any change which is primarily motivated by genuine love for others will eventually lead to a better world.

I believe freedom is one of the highest manifestations of love. There is supposed to be a saying, if you like a flower you pick it and take it home, if you love a flower, you leave it. Changes which increase freedom of the individual will be the most beneficial in the long run.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Louisabell - 05-09-2021

(05-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Dtris Wrote: Any change which is primarily motivated by genuine love for others will eventually lead to a better world.

I so agree. I think there is space for both the acceptance and love of the world as it is, and the pursuit of ideals in hopes they manifest more and more.

(05-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Dtris Wrote: I believe freedom is one of the highest manifestations of love. There is supposed to be a saying, if you like a flower you pick it and take it home, if you love a flower, you leave it. Changes which increase freedom of the individual will be the most beneficial in the long run.

Individual freedom is a very high ideal for me as well. However how do the other ideals of commitment, duty and protection sit within this picture? Aren't there cases where love is also expressed by the limitations that we put on our individual freedoms?

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Dtris - 05-09-2021

(05-09-2021, 10:08 AM)Louisabell Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Dtris Wrote: Any change which is primarily motivated by genuine love for others will eventually lead to a better world.

I so agree. I think there is space for both the acceptance and love of the world as it is, and the pursuit of ideals in hopes they manifest more and more.

(05-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Dtris Wrote: I believe freedom is one of the highest manifestations of love. There is supposed to be a saying, if you like a flower you pick it and take it home, if you love a flower, you leave it. Changes which increase freedom of the individual will be the most beneficial in the long run.

Individual freedom is a very high ideal for me as well. However how do the other ideals of commitment, duty and protection sit within this picture? Aren't there cases where love is also expressed by the limitations that we put on our individual freedoms?

Are you voluntarily relinquishing a freedom for someone else or do you not have a choice?

It is acceptable to stop a child from playing with an electrical socket. They can't understand the danger. When the child becomes able to understand, is it still right to limit them against their will? What people miss is that the "freedoms" people will voluntarily give up now, are things they would not choose to do given their free will choice to begin with. Most people don't mind being searched for weapons at an airport, since they would not carry a weapon on a plane to begin with. A few do choose to carry weapons for self defense and would never use one otherwise, and would not voluntarily be searched for weapons. Another even smaller few would not want to be searched because they want to have their weapons and use them on the vulnerable, they will then still find ways around the searches.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Ohr Ein Sof - 05-13-2021

Why do you think or feel there are limitations that express love? I am curious is all...perhaps for a deeper explanation? Idk. It seems far reaching as one can find love even in limitation because it has been done many times before. This can be seen when we are able to apply higher ideals to the limitations of Saturn but not without loads of inner work. So, if you will, give a deeper explanation?
I also am a lover of freedom as this is one expression of love according to my own understanding. I could not imagine losing not one of my freedoms, but if I did, I would reach within (just after my rant) to find the love and the balance to restore my faith and strength. Thank you Lbell
****I sort of see Dtris' perspective as well this is why I am asking.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Ohr Ein Sof - 05-13-2021

I wish I could understand all my sychronicities right now. Besides that, I wish every human could make the choice so that the two paths could part ways. Releasing the darkness to their own and the Light to their own. And if one could not make the choice, I will pray for their healing in hopes that soon they could join the dance of life once more.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Patrick - 05-13-2021

(05-08-2021, 03:47 PM)Aion Wrote: ...what to each of you would make the world a "better place"...

To replace the concept of money with something positively oriented instead.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - BrotherInWaiting - 05-16-2021

They're not my own ideas, they're received knowledge, I believe:

1) The masses are relinquishing their power to think on their own two feet, slowly -- this is being replaced by 'polarised' thinking i.e. us vs them, me vs the crowd, 'I know I'm right' type shenanigans and total receptivity to information received from socially endorsed 'trustworthy' news sources, without insisting that it also have some basis in their own lived or shared experiences. This is an antique, oh so troublesome issue down here, but it's going to be reaching total zombie level before too long, I'm afraid... anyway

2) Future probabilities right now depict a world order that moves between the US and Russia as power centers, whichever prevails nobody really wins, it is ideal if a third 'road' is available, whatever that means -- I've personally interpreted this as a devolution of centralised power into the hands of the masses, somehow...

RE: Making The World A Better Place - BrotherInWaiting - 05-16-2021

As a curiosity as well -- on the second point, there is a possibility (not a total lock on this one) that Grigori Rasputin's soul is a force involved at present! I think Ra said it's a 4D negative adept. What's their current president's name? ?✌️

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Patrick - 05-16-2021

I think the "us vs them" has been there for centuries. The difference now is that many are starting to practice critical thinking and this creates a contrast. So we think the "us vs them " is gaining, but what is actually happening is that it is lessening and the contrast is gaining.

The control structures are doing what they can to maintain their control, but all the more obvious things they are doing is in itself also creating even more contrast.

Nothing can stop the instreaming positive 4D... nothing!

This planet is getting ready to start manifesting 4D in space/time. Just a couple more decades I would say.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - jafar - 05-16-2021

The world will be a better place when every one finds the abundance and infinite supply of joy within themselves.
And not outside of themselves.

Yet it much better to explain this in contrast as well.
In contrast; the world will be a worse place when every one cannot find the abundance and infinite supply of joy within themselves. And seek those joy outside of themselves.

3D is the intersection, between a path that offer joy within and a path that offer joy outside. Thus there's an ample of both. Which makes the world already as 'perfect' as it is, because it fits the purpose.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Louisabell - 05-17-2021

(05-13-2021, 03:31 PM)Ohr Ein Sof Wrote:

Why do you think or feel there are limitations that express love? I am curious is all...perhaps for a deeper explanation? Idk. It seems far reaching as one can find love even in limitation because it has been done many times before. This can be seen when we are able to apply higher ideals to the limitations of Saturn but not without loads of inner work. So, if you will, give a deeper explanation?
I also am a lover of freedom as this is one expression of love according to my own understanding. I could not imagine losing not one of my freedoms, but if I did, I would reach within (just after my rant) to find the love and the balance to restore my faith and strength. Thank you Lbell

Hi Ohr Ein Sof! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, life has been a little preoccupying lately. I'm hoping you are well!

I'm afraid I don't really have anything very insightful to say on this matter. Smile These are thoughts still in their infancy in my mind I think. I suppose it stems from the idea that while this Logos extended freewill to its M/B/S's (us) through the use of the veil, we are also still limited in many ways in this life. We are anchored to our physical bodies which must be fed regularly and housed, our communication is limited to vocal chords and gestures. Now, don't get me wrong, all I see in these limitations is the perfection of the intelligent design of the Logos, serving us in infinite capacity so that we may grow and make the choice. So I'm thinking that in this finite reality we find ourselves, there must those sweet spots to be found between the mix of freedom and limitation. However, if we are to entertain the idea that we choose to enter these incarnations when in-between lives, then in a way, it can be seen as a voluntary decision to experience these limitations. So that brings me to what Dtris was saying, about the difference between giving up freedoms voluntarily or not.

I think that it can be a great service to voluntarily give up some personal freedoms in order to commit to some form of service. Raising children comes to mind. I think there is great honor in that. So that is a virtue which has its place in a better world, I believe. It may also be a wise choice to give up some other freedoms for the sake of protecting the self and others. Of course, this has to be within reason, as there are those slippery slopes where maybe too much freedom is given up which can paradoxically put the person at greater risk for other things. So, I guess I'm just trying to say that life can be complicated! But fortunately, setting an intention to find love in the moment isn't so complicated.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Ohr Ein Sof - 05-17-2021

(05-17-2021, 07:02 AM)Louisabell Wrote:

Hi Ohr Ein Sof! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, life has been a little preoccupying lately. I'm hoping you are well!

I'm afraid I don't really have anything very insightful to say on this matter. Smile These are thoughts still in their infancy in my mind I think. I suppose it stems from the idea that while this Logos extended freewill to its M/B/S's (us) through the use of the veil, we are also still limited in many ways in this life. We are anchored to our physical bodies which must be fed regularly and housed, our communication is limited to vocal chords and gestures. Now, don't get me wrong, all I see in these limitations is the perfection of the intelligent design of the Logos, serving us in infinite capacity so that we may grow and make the choice. So I'm thinking that in this finite reality we find ourselves, there must those sweet spots to be found between the mix of freedom and limitation. However, if we are to entertain the idea that we choose to enter these incarnations when in-between lives, then in a way, it can be seen as a voluntary decision to experience these limitations. So that brings me to what Dtris was saying, about the difference between giving up freedoms voluntarily or not.

I think that it can be a great service to voluntarily give up some personal freedoms in order to commit to some form of service. Raising children comes to mind. I think there is great honor in that. So that is a virtue which has its place in a better world, I believe. It may also be a wise choice to give up some other freedoms for the sake of protecting the self and others. Of course, this has to be within reason, as there are those slippery slopes where maybe too much freedom is given up which can paradoxically put the person at greater risk for other things. So, I guess I'm just trying to say that life can be complicated! But fortunately, setting an intention to find love in the moment isn't so complicated.

I am well thank you!
Excellent and thanks for explaining. I too find myself in the same boat. As I believe that some sacrifice will be made for the greater good of all but that we must tread carefully when considering such feats. We must not forget where we are existing at the moment and sometimes circumstances can be quite treacherous to say the least. I also believe it can come down to the way in which we live our lives. Hear me out....if we believe we are in danger, we probably are. Does this make sense? This does not take into account for the person who wants to have something that is told to him, he cannot have because of controlling laws. Again, I think you are correct to say that life is complicated and takes careful observation and balancing by the witness to be successful. What is good for one may not be good for the other thus making them both correct. Thanks once more. I always look forward to your comments.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - unity100 - 05-17-2021

Every little thing you do to make the world a better place, helps.

Picking up some garbage on the wayside and dropping it in the bin. Sharing knowledge in an online forum. Giving a like to a very funny video on internet. Sharing something funny to some contacts. Changing your baby's diaper. Working at a Silicon Valley startup for 14 hour workdays to make apps that help people talk to each other like how we are doing. Volunteering for your local soup kitchen. Saying hi to a neighbor.

Every little bit helps.

The particular question would be, which set of such 'bits' you personally like doing and how much of them. You create your own collection from such bits.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Aion - 05-17-2021

(05-17-2021, 12:12 PM)unity100 Wrote: Every little thing you do to make the world a better place, helps.

Picking up some garbage on the wayside and dropping it in the bin. Sharing knowledge in an online forum. Giving a like to a very funny video on internet. Sharing something funny to some contacts. Changing your baby's diaper. Working at a Silicon Valley startup for 14 hour workdays to make apps that help people talk to each other like how we are doing. Volunteering for your local soup kitchen. Saying hi to a neighbor.

Every little bit helps.

The particular question would be, which set of such 'bits' you personally like doing and how much of them. You create your own collection from such bits.

This echoes the thought I have been having. If everyone took one or more small steps each day towards the ideal they have of a better world, that's a lot of steps collectively each day.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Spaced - 05-17-2021

(05-17-2021, 07:53 AM)Ohr Ein Sof Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 07:02 AM)Louisabell Wrote:

I am well thank you!
Excellent and thanks for explaining. I too find myself in the same boat. As I believe that some sacrifice will be made for the greater good of all but that we must tread carefully when considering such feats. We must not forget where we are existing at the moment and sometimes circumstances can be quite treacherous to say the least. I also believe it can come down to the way in which we live our lives. Hear me out....if we believe we are in danger, we probably are. Does this make sense? This does not take into account for the person who wants to have something that is told to him, he cannot have because of controlling laws. Again, I think you are correct to say that life is complicated and takes careful observation and balancing by the witness to be successful. What is good for one may not be good for the other thus making them both correct. Thanks once more. I always look forward to your comments.

The idea of imposed limitation is something that you see in the arts a lot. An art form will have certain conventions that create a framework within which the artist can explore the creative possibilities. An example would be various poetic forms, haiku, sonnets, rhymed poetry, etc. In painting you have paint and a canvas, the medium offers limitation. There are rules to be observed but still much creative freedom within the limitations of the form. Much of art also seeks to push the boundaries to create new interpretations of the form, but even in going beyond the limitations the end result is still informed by the framework of the art form.

I think being alive is itself an art form. We have our limitations which Louisabell mentioned, but we have full creative control of how we express ourselves within them. On the spiritual path, and especially the path of the adept, a big part of the journey is sacrifice and personal discipline, yet the goal is not to suppress one's desires or to proactively place limits on ourselves, but rather to recognize through deep introspection and personal development that which is no longer needed. As Ra says (18.5) "The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away."

So to circle back to the original topic of the thread, to me a better world would be one in which everyone has the freedom to explore their desires in a safe and consensual environment. To me that would mean freedom from the "well-meant and unintentional slavery" of pointless jobs, debt, social and familial pressure, etc. so that people can explore what they actually want to rather than being forced to spend much of their lives beholden to others. This idea of a "safe and consensual environment" indicates some level of boundaries though, as individuals and social groups must decide for themselves what they are willing to tolerate from others. The limitations then would be spontaneously created through free will interaction.

There is a concept that shows up in various philosophies of a natural order of the universe and that through the perfecting of the self one can integrate themselves into and act accordingly with this natural order. We see this in Taoism, Neoplatonism and the concept of the True Will in Thelema. As one becomes less distorted and begins to find their path, they will by necessity be in harmony with others who are on the same path. I think this is a key to how social memory complexes work. If everyone is acting according to their True Will then their path will not cross another's and at that point the only limitations needed would be self imposed through discipline and understanding of self.

Anyhow, those are some thoughts that came to me while reading this discussion  Heart

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Diana - 05-18-2021

It becomes clearer to me as I get older that I can't make this world a better place. In that I mean to say the sentiment is one of unpacking the idea of control. That is not to say I ignore what is going on here. But what I do here flows from who I am, not from what should be—and in this, it can be a paradoxical, difficult, painful razor's edge to skate while incarnated in a place of so much suffering, beauty, mystery, and richness of experience.

What I can do is reach for my own potential, to assume responsibility and be accountable to myself. To play out that which is possible for me, to reach always for excellence without judgment, and to be open to change in a universe of change.

I think this includes my own individual proclivities, and realizing these as a contribution to the whole of creation, as this is what I have to contribute which no other life form has in its particular uniqueness.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. . . . You may, at this time, note that as with any entities, each Wanderer has its unique abilities, biases, and specialties so that from each portion of each density represented among the Wanderers comes an array of pre-incarnative talents which then may be expressed upon this plane which you now experience so that each Wanderer, in offering itself before incarnation, has some special service to offer in addition to the doubling effect of planetary love and light and the basic function of serving as beacon or shepherd.

Thus there are those of fifth density whose abilities to express wisdom are great. There are fourth- and sixth-density Wanderers whose ability to serve as, shall we say, passive radiators or broadcasters of love and love/light are immense. There are many others whose talents brought into this density are quite varied.

Though wanderers here may already be functioning as a beacon of planetary love and light, those of Ra also point out the importance of individual expression.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Sacred Fool - 05-18-2021

This is a different--and rather interesting--take on the idea of making the world a better place.  I may just give this one a try.

https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_0928.aspx

Quote:Austin: I’ve got one if nobody else has one. I’m curious about prayer. Can you just talk a little bit about the metaphysics behind prayer and what happens when we pray?

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. Prayer is that facility that rises from within the heart of one’s being to make contact with the One Creator in order to become more fully aware of the One Creator; to be able to then express the heartfelt beingness of the seeker of truth to the One Creator in order that the will of the One Creator may move in some fashion through the seeker of truth, not only at the moment of praying, but more importantly, in the daily round of activities, so that in some way, the one who prays becomes an instrument of the One Creator through which the Will of the One Creator moves and has an effect upon some portion of the one who prays, or the environment about the one who prays, or some other entity that the one who prays is knowledgeable of and wishes to be of service to. Thus, the praying is that which seeks to make a contact of a universal nature with the One Who Exists in All, that some portion of that entirety of Allness or beingness may be enhanced by a greater appreciation of the One Creator who resides within all beings.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - tadeus - 05-21-2021

(05-08-2021, 03:47 PM)Aion Wrote: I've been thinking about this lately and how many different and varied viewpoints there are on the state of the world, what is going on, and what would make things "better".

First learn to differ between the "world" and the "earth".
This can be helpful to notice that this is a multilayered construct.

Then encourage self-responsibility for the life in the world and
encourage spirituality for yourself and in service to others.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - flofrog - 05-21-2021

Interesting Tadeus, does this difference means for you that the world encompass then more than the Earth ? Just curious to see what you mean.

I like the little bits that Aion and Unity100 mentions because I tend to stay close to the ground, BigSmile

I have to say, back in 2001 at the time that, in the United States, GW Bush was elected president, I was part of a group of 6 persons who lived a bit around the globe, there was one member in Australia, one in South Africa, one in Switzerland on in Asia, and it was all to the instigation of an old Canadian, [ wink to Patrick ] and we were meditating together once a week on a sunday at a certain hour which somehow fitted us all, on peace. For the life of me I ca'nt remember how that Canadian friend had finished by connecting us all, but there we were... There had been at the time a series of published studies as how groups meditations seemed to alter the bellicose mood in places such as the Middle East, and others. It was really interesting.
So I think the material little bits as mentioned by Unity 100 and those little bits of less grounded things perhaps do help, Wink

RE: Making The World A Better Place - Aion - 05-22-2021

(05-21-2021, 02:36 AM)tadeus Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:47 PM)Aion Wrote: I've been thinking about this lately and how many different and varied viewpoints there are on the state of the world, what is going on, and what would make things "better".

First learn to differ between the "world" and the "earth".
This can be helpful to notice that this is a multilayered construct.

Then encourage self-responsibility for the life in the world and
encourage spirituality for yourself and in service to others.

This is a very old occult concept that I am familiar with but not everyone is. I agree it is a fruitful perspective to consider.

RE: Making The World A Better Place - tadeus - 05-22-2021

(05-22-2021, 12:53 AM)Aion Wrote: This is a very old occult concept that I am familiar with but not everyone is. I agree it is a fruitful perspective to consider.

Most of the good concepts are very old and helpful for understanding and consciousness.
At least it is very old too, what Ra is teaching.

Because 3D is coming to an end, the first part get more and more important, to get the mind free for the second part.