Bring4th
Addiction and the LOO - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Addiction and the LOO (/showthread.php?tid=19188)

Addiction and the LOO - InsideConsciousness - 05-17-2021

I made this post on a Law of One Subreddit the other day and got some good answers and was pointed over to LLresearch and found this awesome forum.

I personally have struggled with Addiction since January 2013 - but it started in 2008. I finally have achieved sobriety after years and years of drug abuse, almost dying, jumping from substance to substance to escape my emotions, moving to other countries to try to escape it, doing things that hurt others and myself.. it's been a long journey and only now do I see the positives in that without all my relapses and addiction issues I never would have become spiritual and started asking questions about what this game of life is all about...

It was a DMT experience that snapped me out of my pain and showed me that the universe loves me, and it was 12 step meetings that gave me stability and allowed me to forgive myself for what I have done..then meditation and eastern philosophies which progressed to me finding the Law of One material.. everything about just vibed with the inner most being of my soul. I kept having synchronicity's around when I would I first learned of the material.. it took me a little while to get it but after I did it made staying sober and being present much easier.

Ra never speaks of addiction in the LOO but have other Channels touched on the subject? I live in the heart of the opiate epidemic and it breaks my heart that so many people are suffering when they don't have to be. Why do souls choose this path do you think? I consider myself very lucky to have broken out of the grips of addiction while so many never do unfortunately.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Patrick - 05-17-2021

Welcome !

There are many Confederation channeled sessions that has spoken on that subject. Here is one.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2009/2009_0206_01.aspx
Quote:...Addictions are viewed in general, in your society, as something bad to be gotten rid of. However, it can be viewed in a different way. In a sense, an addiction shows a great intent and purpose. One is obsessed with getting or having an experience. This intent shows passion and it shows the ability to focus and to go to great extents. That is a basic element in humans which is underlying the positive aspect or potential.

However, when one focuses and uses that passion in a way that is destructive to self-growth and to the service of others or to the service of self, it has become misdirected.

It was your entity called St. Paul who somewhere says that he would rather be dealing with a nonbeliever who is passionate than somebody who had no passion. [3] The trick then, so to speak, is to recognize why this passion has gotten directed away from service to self or service to others and to redirect that addiction. An example in your society is A.A. which focuses on a higher source and seeks to take that passion to service to others.

An addiction to any substance or routine, [is] preceded by a conscious intent, typically to serve either the self or others, depending on the entity’s orientation. But somehow the pathway or mechanism this entity initially, consciously acted upon with the intent of service became the focus, instead of the goal at the end of the pathway. In some sense it was—this instrument is not happy with her choice of words—but it’s all a slip of consciousness or a mis-orientation of consciousness. And somehow the conscious desire to serve has become automated into the action of the pathway and the goal has been lost, forgotten [or] temporarily forgotten.

So, to answer the second part, of how do you relieve the addiction, simply meditate upon your core desire to serve either yourself or others. Focus on that intent. Reconnect to that joy of your chosen orientation. This seems too simple in one sense. And this instrument wants to relay that this does not mean [that] the second you meditate or think, meditate or turn your attention, steer your focus towards your chosen service, the addiction will be spontaneously lifted. That of course is possible but that is not always the case. The intent and act of bringing yourself into focus with your chosen orientation is a first step. But every process has a first step and once the first step is taken, the next step is not any harder than the first.

When one is faced with an aspect of oneself that one does not desire to have be a part of one’s being, this is an opportunity for the seeker to look into the mirror, to ask itself, “Why do I not love that part of the Creator as much as any other part of the Creator?”

As we have said before, there is no right and wrong, no good and bad, but that which you bring into the situation, whether you are bringing love into the situation or turning your back on love, whether you are walking toward the light or shying away from the light.

It is useful for the seeker to recognize those things which are not helpful to the seeker’s journey toward the Creator. However, it is also not helpful to despise those things which it does not find helpful. As this instrument’s teacher has said before, embrace the wolf at the foot of your bed. [4] If you run, the wolf will only chase you. You can only become friends with the wolf if you sit down before it and put your head in its jaws, as it were.

All things are aspects of the Creator. Those things that are not as helpful are within the seeker’s right to ignore. It is more helpful to allow those things which one would not prefer to exist peacefully and set them aside, when it is not working for the seeker to work with those things, than actively to despise those things. When the time is right the seeker will work with those things which it does not find helpful. And little by little those things can be dissolved, until they are not seen as the great tragedy that they may have seemed in the beginning.

We would advise the one who is looking to relieve him or herself of an addiction to acknowledge the addiction, to work lovingly with the addiction and to know that all will be well whether or not the addiction continues or subsides.

It is to be admired when one can look at oneself and say, “I’ve found something in my life that does not serve me.” It is to be admired in that person when he or she can look at that thing and say, “I love that part of myself as I love the Creator.”...

RE: Addiction and the LOO - meadow-foreigner - 05-17-2021

Consider that, being addiction a manifested desire of one's mind/body/spirit complex to keep oneself in a given frequency range — being the Self, however, unable to achieve it without the means provided by the addictive substance, there occurs, in this case, an overlooking of the means (the individual choices to achieve this frequency range) in a privileging of the ends (the desired frequency range).

The ends are the individual consciousness states attainable and/or facilitated by addictive substances.

The means are the paths and/or tools chosen to achieve them.

If one is able to register is one's consciousness — throughout one's Will — the ends' relative characteristics, consciousness states, perceptions, thinking processes, impressions on the Self, and all other circumstances impressed therefrom upon the individual, as well as the consciousness shifting process from the base level (without the substance's effect in the body) to the altered level (with the substance's effect in the body), one is then able to recreate the consciousness conditions to access the same states provided by the effect of the addictive substances, without, though, their usage.

In other words, if one maps one's own consciousness shifting process throughout one's employment of Will, one can then attain the same states without the pre-requisite of a necessary substance intake.

If there's a kinetic tendency from within to the attachment to substances, objects, or people, there's catalyst to be processed.

Considering that veiled 3D is, by far, the hardest Density level to live, for there are always catalysts to be processed, there are multiple ways to handle its bestowed hardships: the polarization paths.

By permitting the opening of the green ray of integration, one is able to connect and relate with other individuals with similar experiences and different points of view regarding the same catalysts.

This has enormous time-saving potential, because by sharing and by opening oneself, it's possible, in a greatly reduced timespan, to process multiple inputs from various individuals regarding the same issue, in addition to contributing with one's experience to the whole.

Considering the severe time and consciousness constraints that veiled 3D experience has, and the biases that this Logos has towards kindness, there are most efficient ways to achieve personal fulfillment.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - hounsic - 05-17-2021

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. I also struggled for years with addiction getting sober was the best and really only choice I had but I wouldn’t change a thing. I think you will enjoy it here.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - flofrog - 05-17-2021

Welcome InsideConsciouness here,
I hope you may find all the warmth you need, Smile
You are plenty courageous and I too, feel very lonely for all who may not recover.
Safe journey and some laughs here too
Heart

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Runar - 05-21-2021

I  too have struggled with addictions in my way.
I was 15 and had begun partying, and after many weekends with fun, there suddenly came a weekend where we had no alcohol, and i was so disappointed, and almost furious, it was such a break, i realized that oh my oh my, i get easily addicted. And it was true, everything afterwards have told me the same. I then decided to stick to nicotine and coffee, and absolutely never test opioids. And so i did.
And a life went , and i became so ill i had to reevaluate everything. Like my diet.  I understood carbohydrates wasnt my thing and started to follow low carb-high fat diet. It worked. And i understood carbs are all sugars and they are addictive, thats the way they work on me, giving me a high and low. Creating the typical manic depressive type i surely can be without.
But whan that was solved, things calmed down, and i began to realize that i had allergies. And i found a therapist who diagnosed me. It took time, allergies goes up and down, they are not equally bad every day.
But as she found another one, i quit them immediately, and often tried them again after a year or so, to see what it was. Then i found out about the brain fog.
Allergies have two distinct modes, acute and chronic. When they are acute you get big symptoms of small samples, while the chronic gives no clear symptoms but an overall discomfort and that brainfog. This because the body is overrun by eating this wrong stuff everyday.
Then i realized what i had seen in the party zone, there are people coming for recreational drugs, (lsd, mushroom and trips) while there are others coming for what they know is addictive.
Thats why some souls "choose" to go that path, because they are full of this  discomfort they cannot localize anywhere, they just feel this urgent need to escape, and the brainfog makes them unable to think reasonable, even think at all.
Also there are articles around on how allergies trigger addictions. The flow of histamines is like a drug too and when it withdraws, cravings start.
I got a treatment for histamine intolerance at my therapist, which i had built up during my allergic life. And i felt it took the out the foundation of my addictive personality.
I read the list of histamine provoking foods, and of course i found my new favorites there, like pickles and dried fruit. They contain mold and that demands reactions.
I quit nicotine 12 yrs ago, and coffee 4 years ago. I got a treatment for the last one, (bioresonans - eLybra) and i have never thought about it since. These machines are really good, you should tip people on opioids about them, as they work wonders in flushing out chemical residue.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - InsideConsciousness - 05-22-2021

(05-21-2021, 09:24 PM)Runar Wrote: I  too have struggled with addictions in my way.
I was 15 and had begun partying, and after many weekends with fun, there suddenly came a weekend where we had no alcohol, and i was so disappointed, and almost furious, it was such a break, i realized that oh my oh my, i get easily addicted. And it was true, everything afterwards have told me the same. I then decided to stick to nicotine and coffee, and absolutely never test opioids. And so i did.
And a life went , and i became so ill i had to reevaluate everything. Like my diet.  I understood carbohydrates wasnt my thing and started to follow low carb-high fat diet. It worked. And i understood carbs are all sugars and they are addictive, thats the way they work on me, giving me a high and low. Creating the typical manic depressive type i surely can be without.
But whan that was solved, things calmed down, and i began to realize that i had allergies. And i found a therapist who diagnosed me. It took time, allergies goes up and down, they are not equally bad every day.
But as she found another one, i quit them immediately, and often tried them again after a year or so, to see what it was. Then i found out about the brain fog.
Allergies have two distinct modes, acute and chronic. When they are acute you get big symptoms of small samples, while the chronic gives no clear symptoms but an overall discomfort and that brainfog. This because the body is overrun by eating this wrong stuff everyday.
Then i realized what i had seen in the party zone, there are people coming for recreational drugs, (lsd, mushroom and trips) while there are others coming for what they know is addictive.
Thats why some souls "choose" to go that path, because they are full of this  discomfort they cannot localize anywhere, they just feel this urgent need to escape, and the brainfog makes them unable to think reasonable, even think at all.
Also there are articles around on how allergies trigger addictions. The flow of histamines is like a drug too and when it withdraws, cravings start.
I got a treatment for histamine intolerance at my therapist, which i had built up during my allergic life. And i felt it took the out the foundation of my addictive personality.
I read the list of histamine provoking foods, and of course i found my new favorites there, like pickles and dried fruit. They contain mold and that demands reactions.
I quit nicotine 12 yrs ago, and coffee 4 years ago. I got a treatment for the last one, (bioresonans - eLybra) and i have never thought about it since. These machines are really good, you should tip people on opioids about them, as they work wonders in flushing out chemical residue.

Wow that's awesome you caught your addiction early as it sounds very similar to myself - started experimenting young and on the days I couldn't smoke weed (Never really drank much unless I couldn't get my first love - Opiates) I would be a neurotic mess. Good on you for doing that! You avoided much heartache to yourself and the people who love you. My diet was pretty s*** and while its not perfect now it's much better - I am naturally an ectomorph that has struggled to gain weight most of my life so nowadays carbs/fat/protein are important for me to put on muscle and size.. having abused my body for almost a decade with drugs I'm still in the rebuilding period.

I really like what you said about how some souls choose to go that route because they can't localize discomfort - for myself it was definitely the feeling of being different (I was bi racial and the only asian kid in a school class of 380 kids and a school of over 1000). I'm truly grateful for my addiction - I never would have said that during active addiction but I see what it taught it now. I never would have been interested in so many different forms of religion and spirituality if it weren't for me hitting rock bottom so many times - I see so many people skirting by through life just staying lukewarm because they haven't faced true hardship which can really be transformative (In good and bad ways). I'm attend 12 step meetings and hearing some of the stories of other addicts and how they devoted there life toward service to others and how since then all these great things just came to them instead of them fighting the flow of things. It's powerful and really drives home the Law of One which is the main message of Ra.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Diana - 05-22-2021

(05-21-2021, 09:24 PM)Runar Wrote:  I got a treatment for the last one, (bioresonans - eLybra) and i have never thought about it since. These machines are really good...

I'm curious about this. Could you explain a bit more about it?

RE: Addiction and the LOO - tadeus - 05-23-2021

(05-17-2021, 07:17 PM)InsideConsciousness Wrote: Why do souls choose this path do you think?
I consider myself very lucky to have broken out of the grips of addiction while so many never do unfortunately.

The posted channeling from Patrick is good.
It tries to see addiction in a neutral way.

From the view of someone who never has such addictions, the answer would be that this path is choosen, because the catalyst of this world cannot be mastered by all of us.
The natural reaction is to try to escape from a situation or place, that is insufferable for an individual.
So drugs is the hardest choice to escape in place, but there are much other ways with many nuances of neuroses, psychoses or simple distractions.

So this leads to the question why there is such catalyst?
Is it choosen before the incarnation by the individual itself?
Is it created by the society or at least Orion?

Besides - you are reading Eckhart Tolle. (I only know his material superficially.)
What you are thinking of his sight in comparison to the material of Ra?

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Runar - 05-25-2021

[quote=I'm curious about this. Could you explain a bit more about it?
[/quote]

Yes, eLybra is just a machine among many others, but very good.  The practice differs in name, Bioresonance,  Quantum Medicine, Electronic medicine, but in the states i think it is mostly refered to as Rife Machines after pioneer Royal Rife.  And not forget Hulda Clarks Zapper.

The basic logic behind these practices is that all things have their own unique bioelectric frequenzy, which is measured by the machines, and when finding intruders or toxines, these machines reverse the current which  weakens them, or makes the body aware and ready to repel.  Thats what Hulda Clark calls zapping.

All those names mentioned in the first passage are good search words which will bring you lots of information. But you will have to be aware that big pharma is not happy of the thought of electronic medicine which doesnt cost more than its very small use of electricity.  They support lots of people and websites which have as task to defame this. Reading about the life, works and death of Royal Rife is also a good introduction into this science.  Also Hulda Clarks books like the Cure for all diseases, captures the optimistic mood of someone who sees where this science is heading at.

So - addictions. As i remember it, reading about it many years ago, cravings are caused by the substance posited in some cells, was it neuro transmitters? The successful repelling/ flushing of the drug from these cells, just ends that addiction.  

I now remember a situation years before,  I was at treatment and was reading all the stuff which came up on the screen of finds, always latin , but then coffee came up, and i reacted, asking her, hey whats this, do i have too much coffee in my body? She gave no clear answer, but it was probably the case. So the next day, any coffee didnt taste at all, i was quite so indifferent to it, but i just kept my routine and habits and kept drinking. It took over a month before it tasted well again.  
So i knew about it, and then asked for a coffee treatment that day i was going to quit. And i never missed coffee a day after that, even after 30yrs+ drinking it.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Avataraang44 - 06-27-2021

(05-17-2021, 07:52 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: Consider that, being addiction a manifested desire of one's mind/body/spirit complex to keep oneself in a given frequency range — being the Self, however, unable to achieve it without the means provided by the addictive substance, there occurs, in this case, an overlooking of the means (the individual choices to achieve this frequency range) in a privileging of the ends (the desired frequency range).

The ends are the individual consciousness states attainable and/or facilitated by addictive substances.

If one is able to register is one's consciousness — throughout one's Will — the ends' relative characteristics, consciousness states, perceptions, thinking processes, impressions on the Self, and all other circumstances impressed therefrom upon the individual, as well as the consciousness shifting process from the base level (without the substance's effect in the body) to the altered level (with the substance's effect in the body), one is then able to recreate the consciousness conditions to access the same states provided by the effect of the addictive substances, without, though, their usage.

In other words, if one maps one's own consciousness shifting process throughout one's employment of Will, one can then attain the same states without the pre-requisite of a necessary substance intake.

If there's a kinetic tendency from within to the attachment to substances, objects, or people, there's catalyst to be processed.

Considering that veiled 3D is, by far, the hardest Density level to live, for there are always catalysts to be processed, there are multiple ways to handle its bestowed hardships: the polarization paths.

By permitting the opening of the green ray of integration, one is able to connect and relate with other individuals with similar experiences and different points of view regarding the same catalysts.

This has enormous time-saving potential, because by sharing and by opening oneself, it's possible, in a greatly reduced timespan, to process multiple inputs from various individuals regarding the same issue, in addition to contributing with one's experience to the whole.

Considering the severe time and consciousness constraints that veiled 3D experience has, and the biases that this Logos has towards kindness, there are most efficient ways to achieve personal fulfillment.

Is this L/L Research's content? or you own?? Can you link me?!?

I need to know. Sad

Edit: Dealing with substance abuse, I have speculated this "mapping of the conciousness" to myself before, but got nowhere.

Your post gives me faith to re explore this. I'm just confused if you wrote all that based off personal experience, or if you found it in the L/L Research archives. It reads as if it's Quo's voice, and makes way more sense than it should.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - pat19989 - 07-19-2021

Since I have become more conscious of myself, and the eternity of my soul, I have been able to slowly overcome my addictions to marijuana and nicotine.

But I still have these 'itches' that are scratched in the form of refined sugar and other processed foods. I have been trying to show love to these parts of myself, to allow myself to "scratch" while still holding a part of myself in observation seeking the source of this 'need.'

I have come to a conclusion that my fear of abandonment has materialized into addiction to the small dopamine rushes these kinds of actions provide. I'm not entirely sure of this conclusion, but my addictive tendencies took stronghold around the time people in my life began to move away from me.

I've also been finding it difficult to let go of the ego around other people. I feel great joy in the comfort of beingness, of my true self in prayer/meditation, but I cannot meditate all day, yet. I suppose I need to continue to work in meditation so that I can sustain a mindful state no matter my surroundings. But right now I find myself around other people most of the day, and feel forced into ego-mode operation. I know it is my ego that seeks these destructive tendencies that leave me feeling empty and depressed. I am able to bring myself back to the truth afterwards, although it often takes much time and effort.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - meadow-foreigner - 07-20-2021

(06-27-2021, 06:35 AM)Avataraang44 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 07:52 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: Consider that, being addiction a manifested desire of one's mind/body/spirit complex to keep oneself in a given frequency range — being the Self, however, unable to achieve it without the means provided by the addictive substance, there occurs, in this case, an overlooking of the means (the individual choices to achieve this frequency range) in a privileging of the ends (the desired frequency range).

I need to know.  Sad

Edit: Dealing with substance abuse, I have speculated this "mapping of the conciousness" to myself before, but got nowhere.

Your post gives me faith to re explore this. I'm just confused if you wrote all that based off personal experience, or if you found it in the L/L Research archives. It reads as if it's Quo's voice, and makes way more sense than it should.

Hello Avataraang44. I wrote this from personal experience.

The mapping of one's consciousness often doesn't follow a logical, linear sequence. It has a web-like associative reasoning with symbols as complex portrayers of content, relative to your perception and interpretation of the world.

Their meanings are situational and organized in a hierarchical fashion which is directly proportional to the intensity of the lived experiences these symbols had left you with.

Cognitive biases are commonplace in this consciousness structure, and they often are founded on well-intended, survival mechanism processes, which stem fear/avoidance patterns, which, in turn, are often masked through rationalization processes or other forms of deflection.

There are numerous ways for you to map your own consciousness: meditation and your dreamscape mapping are often the most direct ones because they involve a shift in the brain's frequency range operational level, so you get direct access to a different stratum of the whole that comprises your psyché.

With the consistent employment of Will throughout time, you can bring the contents of these strata to the surface of your conscious mind to work and sort them out.

It is a very difficult task and you may find lots of resistance from parts of you that are clinging to previously learned situations (which are often adverse but still familiar). You will also realize that it's not that we as people like to reenact bad experiences and feel bad, but we tend to believe we have the world all figured out so we repeat the learned and familiar scenarios as a means to feel less fear, safe, and in control of the outcomes of the situation.

The emotional, subconscious part of your Self often functions in this fashion, clinging to familiarity to justify a detrimental comfort zone or other behaviors considered to be self-indulgent or destructive. It is well-intended and can be rewired, especially throughout the ambiance you create with the people you associate yourself with within your social life.

You may find that this kind of work might not be worth all the effort, though I suggest otherwise. Self-work is the ultimate work of any incarnational experience you can do, and we just so happen to be on the most fertile ground to do such kind of work: the 3rd Density.

RE: Addiction and the LOO - Avataraang44 - 08-28-2021

(07-20-2021, 11:37 AM)meadow-foreigner Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 06:35 AM)Avataraang44 Wrote:

I need to know.  Sad

Hello Avataraang44. I wrote this from personal experience.

The mapping of one's consciousness often doesn't follow a logical, linear sequence. It has a web-like associative reasoning with symbols as complex portrayers of content, relative to your perception and interpretation of the world.

Their meanings are situational and organized in a hierarchical fashion which is directly proportional to the intensity of the lived experiences these symbols had left you with.

Cognitive biases are commonplace in this consciousness structure, and they often are founded on well-intended, survival mechanism processes, which stem fear/avoidance patterns, which, in turn, are often masked through rationalization processes or other forms of deflection.

There are numerous ways for you to map your own consciousness: meditation and your dreamscape mapping are often the most direct ones because they involve a shift in the brain's frequency range operational level, so you get direct access to a different stratum of the whole that comprises your psyché.

With the consistent employment of Will throughout time, you can bring the contents of these strata to the surface of your conscious mind to work and sort them out.

It is a very difficult task and you may find lots of resistance from parts of you that are clinging to previously learned situations (which are often adverse but still familiar). You will also realize that it's not that we as people like to reenact bad experiences and feel bad, but we tend to believe we have the world all figured out so we repeat the learned and familiar scenarios as a means to feel less fear, safe, and in control of the outcomes of the situation.

The emotional, subconscious part of your Self often functions in this fashion, clinging to familiarity to justify a detrimental comfort zone or other behaviors considered to be self-indulgent or destructive. It is well-intended and can be rewired, especially throughout the ambiance you create with the people you associate yourself with within your social life.

You may find that this kind of work might not be worth all the effort, though I suggest otherwise. Self-work is the ultimate work of any incarnational experience you can do, and we just so happen to be on the most fertile ground to do such kind of work: the 3rd Density.

I absolutely love your voice. thanks for the reply. this is seriously helpful to me <3