Bring4th
Hi ! - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Hi ! (/showthread.php?tid=19194)

Hi ! - pat19989 - 05-20-2021

Hi everyone. I am new here, and have relatively recently began discovering my spiritual self. I am 22 years old, started meditating about 3 years ago and found the Law of One a couple months ago. I came across the Ra Material through a twitter rabbit hole which began with alien research and ended with a thread about the Ra Contact and the Law of One. I was instantly very intrigued and have not been able to stop reading or listening to the Law of One books and podcasts.

My spiritual journey "began" by stumbling across the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying at a used book sale a few years ago. This book introduced me to meditation, reincarnation, etc. from a buddhist perspective. Coming from a catholic upbringing, this material blew my mind and I immediately sought more spiritual perspectives. I came across the Bhagavad Gita, Dhammapada, Allan Watts, and now the Law of One books. All of this material has made me feel incredibly free, liberated, and only occasionally overwhelmed with my newfound understanding of the vastness of this beautiful universe. The Law of One material specifically has helped my meditation practice profoundly and cemented meditation as a constant exercise in my life.

I spent years 17-21 addicted to abusing marijuana and nicotine (mainly). My newfound spiritual life has empowered me to overcome these addictive tendencies although I am still a work in progress. This freedom from addiction has opened up great new ways of thinking for me, but I feel I am constantly struggling to find my place in the world because much of my personality was attached to substance use.

Reading through other people's stories in this thread has been very therapeutic for me as they have made me feel much less isolated in my journey. And that is a main reason I am reaching out to the bring4th community. I feel one of my main catalysts in this life is the suffering and pain associated with loneliness. I have great trouble making connections with people and have found myself alone for much of the past 7 years especially. I am sure that many of the people in this community have struggled/struggle with loneliness and I am seeking advice on how I can be of service to others when I have so much trouble connecting with most people.

Love

pat19989

RE: Hi ! - meadow-foreigner - 05-20-2021

My advice to you, in this context, would be to forego the decision to magnify the differences between you and other-Selves, which may contribute to the feeling of loneliness and separation — which is healthy only to some extent in 3D: you function as an individualized entity from others in this Density, so it is useful to know and to value what makes you unique in comparison to others.

However, since there's a longing or a desire from within you to connect with other-Selves, it may be well to employ time and effort to detect and to value what makes you and other-Selves similar instead, and thus connectable and relatable. Find similarities and empower them, and perhaps you will find that the differences between you and other-Selves are but illusions that serve a function.

RE: Hi ! - pat19989 - 05-20-2021

(05-20-2021, 04:19 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: My advice to you, in this context, would be to forego the decision to magnify the differences between you and other-Selves, which may contribute to the feeling of loneliness and separation — which is healthy only to some extent in 3D: you function as an individualized entity from others in this Density, so it is useful to know and to value what makes you unique in comparison to others.

However, since there's a longing or a desire from within you to connect with other-Selves, it may be well to employ time and effort to detect and to value what makes you and other-Selves similar instead, and thus connectable and relatable. Find similarities and empower them, and perhaps you will find that the differences between you and other-Selves are but illusions that serve a function.

thank you for your thoughts and thank you for reading.

the difference between you and other-selves are but illusions that serve a function.

I will meditate on that

love

RE: Hi ! - Patrick - 05-20-2021

Welcome here Patrick !

Patrick  BigSmile

RE: Hi ! - Steppingfeet - 05-20-2021

"I was instantly very intrigued and have not been able to stop reading or listening to the Law of One books" - you've got the bug. The majority of Law of One readers I encounter have this experience, this need to devour the material, sometimes going mostly non-stop over the course of consecutive days till they are finished, maybe not unlikebingeing a Netflix series but one that you've waited your whole life for, except that netflix probably doesn't quite open the doors to evolution. Smile

(05-20-2021, 02:44 PM)pat19989 Wrote: My spiritual journey "began" by stumbling across the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying at a used book sale a few years ago. This book introduced me to meditation, reincarnation, etc. from a buddhist perspective. Coming from a catholic upbringing, this material blew my mind and I immediately sought more spiritual perspectives.

Moving from one paradigm - really, everything you knew and thought the world consisted of - to another in the span of one book. This was the one that opened your eyes for you. No Morpheus needed. That you "immediately sought more spiritual perspective" speaks strongly toexactly what you said in your first paragraph: the commencement of your spiritual path, which is another way to say, the birth of the spiritual seeker. It was the same with me after the book that rewrote my reality and the subsequent need to search.

(05-20-2021, 02:44 PM)pat19989 Wrote: The Law of One material specifically has helped my meditation practice profoundly and cemented meditation as a constant exercise in my life.

High five! May meditation be a cornerstone of your seeking in the many years ahead for you.

(05-20-2021, 02:44 PM)pat19989 Wrote: This freedom from addiction has opened up great new ways of thinking for me, but I feel I am constantly struggling to find my place in the world because much of my personality was attached to substance use.

New modes of being sometimes take time. Keep the compass set; that which is needed will find you when it's time.

(05-20-2021, 02:44 PM)pat19989 Wrote: Reading through other people's stories in this thread has been very therapeutic for me as they have made me feel much less isolated in my journey. And that is a main reason I am reaching out to the bring4th community. I feel one of my main catalysts in this life is the suffering and pain associated with loneliness. I have great trouble making connections with people and have found myself alone for much of the past 7 years especially. I am sure that many of the people in this community have struggled/struggle with loneliness and I am seeking advice on how I can be of service to others when I have so much trouble connecting with most people.

What, precisely, is the trouble? Is it an inner narrative about your worth, your likability, your relability, your "fit" with a given social group? Is it a dislike of or distrust of others? Or an inability to understand them? Is your sense of your communication skills? What does the connection you seek look like? What does the "trouble connecting with most people" look like? How much energy and intention do you invest in making connection?

Personally I don't have answers, I'm just being of service by giving you space to consider the questions and perhaps even receive feedback from others.

Isolation and alienation are indeed common threads for many in our world, spiritual or not. But for those who consider themselves wanderers, it may be keenly felt given the disparity between their subconscious memories and their present experience. It is a painful state of affairs, but even that pain is a gift of the service you chose to undertake.

I hope, however, that it is alleviated through both human connection and your progressive realization of your self as the Creator.

Welcome to the forums, pat19989. Thanks for taking the time to say hello and to share some of yourself with this community. You have a place here. Please do make yourself at home and know that you are among those like you.

RE: Hi ! - flofrog - 05-20-2021

Welcome here pat19989 Smile

It's a nice place here to be searching. Like you I found buddhism in my twenties and it blew my mind too, lol, then much later through someone newsletter I read his dissection of a passage of a Ra session and that did just hook me, lol

Safe journey here !

RE: Hi ! - Spaced - 05-21-2021

Welcome Pat!

One thing that helped me with loneliness is learning to be more comfortable in my own company. There's always a lot you can learn about yourself.

RE: Hi ! - pat19989 - 05-21-2021

Hi steppingfeet, thank you for reading and taking the time to engage!

(05-20-2021, 09:27 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Moving from one paradigm - really, everything you knew and thought the world consisted of - to another in the span of one book. This was the one that opened your eyes for you. No Morpheus needed. That you "immediately sought more spiritual perspective" speaks strongly toexactly what you said in your first paragraph: the commencement of your spiritual path, which is another way to say, the birth of the spiritual seeker. It was the same with me after the book that rewrote my reality and the subsequent need to search.

I'm curious as to what book did it for you?

What, precisely, is the trouble? Is it an inner narrative about your worth, your likability, your relability, your "fit" with a given social group? Is it a dislike of or distrust of others? Or an inability to understand them? Is your sense of your communication skills? What does the connection you seek look like? What does the "trouble connecting with most people" look like? How much energy and intention do you invest in making connection?

Thank you for these questions, they have given me some things to consider. I find myself unsure, uncomfortable, and drained by engaging with people that I do not know. social anxiety, sensitivity to negativity, etc. If i get a bad vibe i find it hard to recover.

Love