Bring4th
Any Www Meetings? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Meet-up Area (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Any Www Meetings? (/showthread.php?tid=19255)

Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-14-2021

Did you ever have meetings via one of the many Internet systems?
Or
Did you ever have chats with others from the forum?
If yes, how was it?
I'm asking because from time to time I feel lonely and I'd love a nice, relaxed talk with someone hopefully not-so-distant from my interests.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Diana - 06-14-2021

Hi Ebe. We used to have a chat room here. I am not sure why it was closed down. I have made the suggestion that it be reopened. I will give an update when I have one. Smile

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-14-2021

(06-14-2021, 09:30 AM)Diana Wrote: Hi Ebe. We used to have a chat room here. I am not sure why it was closed down. I have made the suggestion that it be reopened. I will give an update when I have one. Smile
THANK YOU SO MUCH, SO kind of you! It would be nice!

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Sacred Fool - 06-14-2021

As I recall, the chat room was shut down because there was untoward stuff going on there that needed monitoring, yet there was but a single volunteer mod extant at that time.

A constantly open thing like that is a lot to manage, but something periodic might be easier to deal with.  For instance, if it was open at specific times or for specific purposes.  Plenum tried organizing specific meditation times, and that was not easy because of world-wide scheduling challenges.  But simpler things could be attempted.  This is something akin to what rva_Jeremy was curious about.  Perhaps he'll have some ideas?

(06-14-2021, 01:04 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote:  
As I recall, the chat room was shut down because there was untoward stuff going on there that needed monitoring, yet there was but a single volunteer mod extant at that time.  
That is precisely what I suspected.
The place where I come from, mind, not a bad chat in itself, shows more than one unladylike occurrence, so to speak. When I see a certain user, I simply say goodbye and leave.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - flofrog - 06-14-2021

Perhaps if we named it ;   Only Friendly Chat ? BigSmile

RE: Any Www Meetings? - rva_jeremy - 06-14-2021

(06-14-2021, 01:04 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote:  

A constantly open thing like that is a lot to manage, but something periodic might be easier to deal with.  For instance, if it was open at specific times or for specific purposes.  Plenum tried organizing specific meditation times, and that was not easy because of world-wide scheduling challenges.  But simpler things could be attempted.  This is something akin to what rva_Jeremy was curious about.  Perhaps he'll have some ideas?

It is tough. I'm setting up a chat system but that is of necessity limited to working group business. The video chat infrastructure, however, is freely available to whomever would like to use it. However, Google Meet, Zoom, and other services work just as well, so you don't necessarily need me for that.

Ebe, if you'd like to chat sometime, PM me and we'll figure something out. Same goes for anybody. If there's enough interest we can cross the bridge of global scheduling then.

Quote:Ebe, if you'd like to chat sometime, PM me and we'll figure something out. Same goes for anybody. If there's enough interest we can cross the bridge of global scheduling then.
That's so sweet of you! Apart from personal working hours, it all depends on our time zones, I guess. I'm in Rome (Italy) time zone.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - meadow-foreigner - 06-14-2021

I would like to participate in a chat system as well.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-15-2021

Let's meet, then! What about this weekend? From Friday evening (Italian time) on I'm free.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - rva_jeremy - 06-16-2021

(06-15-2021, 01:42 PM)Ebe Wrote: Let's meet, then! What about this weekend? From Friday evening (Italian time) on I'm free.

I'm on the east coast about 6 hours behind you, Ebe. When would be comfortable for you, your time? Meadow-foreigner, what's a good time for you on Friday and where are you at?

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-16-2021

Quote:I'm on the east coast about 6 hours behind you, Ebe. When would be comfortable for you, your time? Meadow-foreigner, what's a good time for you on Friday and where are you at?

Sorry, I'm having a bad flare-up. I'll write again as soon as I can.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - meadow-foreigner - 06-16-2021

(06-16-2021, 09:29 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 01:42 PM)Ebe Wrote: Let's meet, then! What about this weekend? From Friday evening (Italian time) on I'm free.

I'm on the east coast about 6 hours behind you, Ebe. When would be comfortable for you, your time? Meadow-foreigner, what's a good time for you on Friday and where are you at?

I've sent you a PM with regards to it.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-17-2021

Quote:I'm on the east coast about 6 hours behind you, Ebe. When would be comfortable for you, your time? Meadow-foreigner, what's a good time for you on Friday and where are you at?

This Friday I've got things to do till, let's say, 8 PM (Rome time). If I'm well, I can stay up but not too much. What drives me crazy of my disease is I can't organize things much in advance, I could have a sudden flare-up like yesterday, who knows, and I HATE letting people down about arranged agenda. So... I'd love to be more precise but I can't really say, Sad . This is why I like the idea of a chatting room where one can enter with their own time: if there's someone, OK; if there isn't, it's OK all the same.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - rva_jeremy - 06-17-2021

Ebe, I understand that what I was suggesting wasn't quite what you were looking for. I hope you can find something that meets your needs, and I will contact you if I can provide a chat system like that.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - Ebe - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 11:25 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: Ebe, I understand that what I was suggesting wasn't quite what you were looking for. I hope you can find something that meets your needs, and I will contact you if I can provide a chat system like that.
I do hope I didn't offend you, your offer is more than generous and I'd be more than glad to accept it, were I sure of how I am going to be. It's only me, the fact of being so bad these days of sudden hot and dump weather is breaking my morale down. I'll do my best not to give up and stay positive - but it's hard, I'm having one flare-up after the other.

RE: Any Www Meetings? - rva_jeremy - 06-18-2021

(06-17-2021, 12:03 PM)Ebe Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 11:25 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: Ebe, I understand that what I was suggesting wasn't quite what you were looking for. I hope you can find something that meets your needs, and I will contact you if I can provide a chat system like that.
I do hope I didn't offend you, your offer is more than generous and I'd be more than glad to accept it, were I sure of how I am going to be. It's only me, the fact of being so bad these days of sudden hot and dump weather is breaking my morale down. I'll do my best not to give up and stay positive - but it's hard, I'm having one flare-up after the other.

No offense taken in any way, shape, or form. I have a health condition of which I just had a flare up and I know how de-energizing and de-motivating it can be. Why don't we switch to private messages and discuss this further? I'll send you a PM.