Bring4th
Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Qestion for LOO scholars.... (/showthread.php?tid=19383)

Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Eddie - 07-28-2021

This is from session 22, in a discussion about those who were harvestable after the second cycle, but chose to stay on earth to help others:

Quote:22.14 Questioner: Are all of these entities still with us in this cycle?
Ra: I am Ra. The entities repeating the third-density major cycle have, in some few cases, been able to leave. These entities have chosen to join their brothers and sisters, as you would call these entities.

Quote:22.15 Questioner: Were any of these entities names that we know from our historical past? That have appeared as incarnated beings we find in our history?
Ra: I am Ra. The one known as sound vibration complex, Saint Augustine, is of such a nature. The one known as Saint Teresa of such a nature. The one known as Saint Francis of Assisi of such nature. These entities, being of monastic background, as you would call it, found incarnation in the same type of ambiance appropriate for further learning.

Is the Teresa referred to here, Teresa of Avila, or Mother Teresa of Calcutta?  The latter seems more appropriate, but she was not canonized until 2016.  I can't tell from context.  Tereasa of Avila was probably more "monastic" than Mother Teresa.

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Patrick - 07-28-2021

Mother Teresa was still alive at the time of the channeling and so not yet a part of "historical past" I would think. Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_saints_named_Teresa

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Patrick - 07-28-2021

I think your former choice might be more appropriate judging from this.

Quote:One papal legate described her as a "restless wanderer, disobedient, and stubborn femina who, under the title of devotion, invented bad doctrines, moving outside the cloister against the rules of the Council of Trent and her prelates; teaching as a master against Saint Paul's orders that women should not teach."

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Steppingfeet - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 07:50 PM)Eddie Wrote: Is the Teresa referred to here, Teresa of Avila, or Mother Teresa of Calcutta?  The latter seems more appropriate, but she was not canonized until 2016.  I can't tell from context.  Tereasa of Avila was probably more "monastic" than Mother Teresa.

I had always presumed it was Teresa of Avila for reasons already stated (canonized, historical past, monastic). Also, I had read St John of the Cross's bookThe Dark Night of the Soul years ago. He was a companion and maybe even something of a student/follower of Teresa. From him I got the impression that they were both mystics at heart. I bought her Teresa's book Interior Castle but it remained in the to read pile, where many other books rest.

Some day I'd like to take make a greater survey of the mystics, West and East.

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Sacred Fool - 07-28-2021

St. Teresa of Avila was known to be a feisty lady.  Once, when traveling by ox cart from her monastery to someplace else, as she was crossing a forest stream the rear wheel of the cart go stuck behind a large rock.  She got into the stream and began rocking the cart, trying to free it, when she lost her footing and fell down into chest-deep water.  The water was cold and she knew the weight of it in her robes would increase her own weight and so make it even harder to free the cart.  So, she loudly expressed her disapproval that God would allow such a thing to happen to someone who was trying so hard to do His work.  And then the clouds parted and a voice came from On High saying, "You know, Teresa, that this is how I treat my friends."  And St. Teresa thundered back, "Yes, and it's no wonder that you have so few of them, is it?"

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Eddie - 07-29-2021

(07-28-2021, 09:51 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Some day I'd like to take make a greater survey of the mystics, West and East.

If you do, please allow me to work with you.  I've been wondering a lot, lately, why Ra makes so little mention of the sages of the East (Padmasambhava, Babaji, Yukteswar, ad infinitum.....)

The book, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, written by Sogyal Rinpoche, would be a good resource to employ, as it mentions a considerable number of prominent Tibetan Buddhists, as well as, of course, teachings which deserve our attention and study.

Edited to add:  Gary, I assume that you have read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi.  At almost every Homecoming I prod people to re-read chapter 43 of that book, as so much of importance is laid clear there.  Did you ever get around to that?

Here's a book to put at the top of the "read pile":  Fourth Uncle in the Mountain, by Marjorie Pivar and Quang Van Nguyen.

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Patrick - 07-29-2021

(07-29-2021, 09:17 AM)Eddie Wrote: I've been wondering a lot, lately, why Ra makes so little mention of the sages of the East (Padmasambhava, Babaji, Yukteswar, ad infinitum.....)...

I believe this was done on purpose. I am glad Ra did not use too much of the spiritual language of the East or those names. I don't know why exactly but I have zero resonance with that stuff and am even a bit pushed back by it. It is completely non sensical to me. It just brings so much distortions into what I have clearly understood from Ra.

So my guess is that they wanted to bring a different slant on that same information. Using a language that people like me could finally get behind and relate to.

(07-29-2021, 09:36 AM)Patrick Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 09:17 AM)Eddie Wrote: I've been wondering a lot, lately, why Ra makes so little mention of the sages of the East (Padmasambhava, Babaji, Yukteswar, ad infinitum.....)...

I believe this was done on purpose. I am glad Ra did not use too much of the spiritual language of the East or those names. I don't know why exactly but I have zero resonance with that stuff and am even a bit pushed back by it. It is completely non sensical to me. It just brings so much distortions into what I have clearly understood from Ra.

So my guess is that they wanted to bring a different slant on that same information. Using a language that people like me could finally get behind and relate to.

My reaction has been the opposite; I am profoundly moved (and enriched) by the study of Eastern teachings; and I find most of them quite resonant with LOO.

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Patrick - 07-29-2021

Yeah I have no idea why I feel this way. All those terms: Ahimsa, Dharma, Qi, Yin, Yang, Sadhana, etc... These things only bring confusion within my experience. Even something short and simple like the Tao Te Ching.

So I figured that when I would need these things, they would no longer feel this way to me.

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Louisabell - 07-29-2021

This is great. I've been meaning to dive deeper into mysticism from the Catholic tradition, so I just got Interior Castle and can't wait to get stuck into it. Thanks for the reminder.

I can only guess that Ra didn't address these things, because Don didn't direct questions towards the wisdom of the East. 

RE: Qestion for LOO scholars.... - Steppingfeet - 07-30-2021

(07-29-2021, 09:17 AM)Eddie Wrote: If you do, please allow me to work with you.  I've been wondering a lot, lately, why Ra makes so little mention of the sages of the East (Padmasambhava, Babaji, Yukteswar, ad infinitum.....)

The book, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, written by Sogyal Rinpoche, would be a good resource to employ, as it mentions a considerable number of prominent Tibetan Buddhists, as well as, of course, teachings which deserve our attention and study.

Edited to add:  Gary, I assume that you have read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi.  At almost every Homecoming I prod people to re-read chapter 43 of that book, as so much of importance is laid clear there.  Did you ever get around to that?

Here's a book to put at the top of the "read pile":  Fourth Uncle in the Mountain, by Marjorie Pivar and Quang Van Nguyen.

"Allow" you? Eddie, you are a walking encyclopedia - a resource for anyone seeking information in the fields you've studied.

I don't have any particular project in mind though. I do have a distilled essay about the mystical heart of the Law of One, but it doesn't make comparative study of mystical traditions save for drawing inspiration and corroboration from a couple of my favorite sources.

Did I ever get around to reading Yogananda's book? You always have a big To Read list for everyone. Smile

I read Autobiography in my early 20s. Loved it. Though it's not strictly a treatise on metaphysics but, as the title denotes, a biography, one which includes the tales of eccentric yogis and their various supernatural abilities. I appreciated the nuggets of spiritual insight throughout, along with his devotion to sharing his light and to his teacher, Sri Yukteswar. I remember being intrigued by whatever blue'ish realm that Yukteswar communicated to Yogananda from after his passing I believe. It's been some years though. What's in Ch 43?

Thanks for the recommendations.

And top among the topics and people I wish Don would have explored include the mystics and mystical philosophy. Though that was not Don's course. However, as byproduct it does have one unintended benefit: it helps the Law of One to be more independent, standalone, and free of the dogmatic trappings or historical distortions that often come packaged with earth-sourced wisdom traditions and their exponents therein. It is the human task, then, to perform comparative study where helpful.

In fact, rigorous comparative study of the Law of One is a massively untapped ocean of potential. Fortunately the Law of One is so inexhaustible that many generations will have the opportunity to study and unpack its treasures. We are still at the beginning.