Bring4th
Newfound Wanderer - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Newfound Wanderer (/showthread.php?tid=19437)

Newfound Wanderer - Nomadic Mike - 08-21-2021

Howdy,

Discovered Law of One material through a Youtube algo recommendation about one year ago. It resonates as a congruency of my religious studies over the years.

So who the hell am I...I've lived my live in service to community. Prior pharm tech, critical care nurse, hospice nurse, when the economy collapsed in 08 I enlisted in the military under the impression I'd be fighting "for the country". Took an injury from an ags17 in Afghanistan, so I was medically retired at a younger age than most.

For the past half decade post-"retirement" I've been a nomad. Living out of a backpack, traveling from region to region in order to view what works and what doesn't work in communities across my nation (USA). Accepted a few volunteer gigs, taken a few farmhand jobs in exchange for room and board (WWOOFing) in order to benefit where I was for the time. It's been nice to pick up and leave when things get a little unusual, especially over the previous 18 months  

Always felt lost in groups, communication with most seems to be bizarre mimicry of random noises and phrasings that the idiot box repeats to them. No substance to conversations, little talk about improving their lives or others. Few can speak about themselves in anything relating to a positive manner.

To some it's a great life drifting, while others think I'm in abject poverty and refuse to "settle down" with "stuff'...as if that is a bad thing.
So that's my story. That and $4.25 will get you a small cup of coffee somewhere.

What brought you into the Law of One material?
The YouTube algo was more than coincidence, it seems as if there are similar thinking other-selves here.
Thank you for your time.
- Mike

P.S. - gif for attention.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Diana - 08-21-2021

Welcome Mike.

I understand the impulse to "not be tied down." Although I haven't been nomadic, I love to travel and move around.

I look forward to your participation here. Smile

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Nomadic Mike - 08-21-2021

Thank you for the kind welcome!
I'll stick around here for a while. Seems like good people.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Steppingfeet - 08-21-2021

Hey Nomadic Mike,

I was wondering who the hell is this guy, so thank you for clarifying. : )

Rare is it that the spiritual wanderer is also the geographical wanderer. (Or maybe it's just rarer to hear from the latter type.)

Conversation and small talk - aka: relating to other humans at whatever level they operate - is often a challenge to those who consider themselves wanderers. Probably a challenge for most in our atomized society, but wanderers in particular are drawn less to small talk and more to substance and depth. It is in the deeper waters that I am most comfortable.

To answer your question: What brought me to the Law of One was a series of synchronicities, likely supported by unseen guidance, as is true for most (all?) paths. I was 18 years old, I was in a local bookstore (this is 1998), and I stumbled on a book about Earth's forgotten civilization. That blew the top off for me. My inner light activated and my inner need to quest for truth began. Though it would involve subsequent years through dark nights as one identity died to make way for a new.

Within roughly 1.5 years, a series of links lead me to Book 1 of the Law of One online. My eyes were tears. Since then, the ageless philosophy has been been guiding, informing, illuminating, and inspiring me, deepening my path, calling me into the unknown, and meeting me at each new layer of self-revelation as the illusions peel back.

I had to look up ags17. A grenade launcher? Jesus. I'm sorry to hear. Quite the trajectory change from nurse to soldier. And then to a life of tramping across the States. (My wife's former 20yr old Ford truck she named "Supertramp" because, like me, she feels resonance with the spirit of those like McCandless, though we embody it only in our hearts and in our occasional treks to national parks. Nothing like your experience.) I don't know how you feel about events over in Afghanistan right now, but we've watched with horror and sorrow.

Very few know the road you've walked. Most of us are squarely rooted in place, contacting others outside our circle of friends and family often only superficially, or not as deeply as we might prefer, whether digitally or through touristic travel. But you come into contact with different communities of shared values and worldviews. I'd love to hear more about the harvest of your experience along the road. I'm sure you've gained insight, or just funny anecdotes.

I'd be interested too in hearing what it is you're seeking out there on the road, if it's identifiable and able to be articulated.

Welcome to this community, Mike. May it be one gem among the others in your long travels.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - flofrog - 08-21-2021

Welcome here Nomadic Mike

After all we are all nomads through our diverse incarnations Wink

When I found the Ra material I was moved by Ra,s constant kindness to us, so safe journey here Mike.
Heart

(08-21-2021, 01:53 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Hey Nomadic Mike,

I was wondering who the hell is this guy, so thank you for clarifying. : )

Rare is it that the spiritual wanderer is also the geographical wanderer. (Or maybe it's just rarer to hear from the latter type.)

Conversation and small talk - aka: relating to other humans at whatever level they operate - is often a challenge to those who consider themselves wanderers. Probably a challenge for most in our atomized society, but wanderers in particular are drawn less to small talk and more to substance and depth. It is in the deeper waters that I am most comfortable.

To answer your question: What brought me to the Law of One was a series of synchronicities, likely supported by unseen guidance, as is true for most (all?) paths. I was 18 years old, I was in a local bookstore (this is 1998), and I stumbled on a book about Earth's forgotten civilization. That blew the top off for me. My inner light activated and my inner need to quest for truth began. Though it would involve subsequent years through dark nights as one identity died to make way for a new.

Within roughly 1.5 years, a series of links lead me to Book 1 of the Law of One online. My eyes were tears. Since then, the ageless philosophy has been been guiding, informing, illuminating, and inspiring me, deepening my path, calling me into the unknown, and meeting me at each new layer of self-revelation as the illusions peel back.

I had to look up ags17. A grenade launcher? Jesus. I'm sorry to hear. Quite the trajectory change from nurse to soldier. And then to a life of tramping across the States. (My wife's former 20yr old Ford truck she named "Supertramp" because, like me, she feels resonance with the spirit of those like McCandless, though we embody it only in our hearts and in our occasional treks to national parks. Nothing like your experience.) I don't know how you feel about events over in Afghanistan right now, but we've watched with horror and sorrow.

Very few know the road you've walked. Most of us are squarely rooted in place, contacting others outside our circle of friends and family often only superficially, or not as deeply as we might prefer, whether digitally or through touristic travel. But you come into contact with different communities of shared values and worldviews. I'd love to hear more about the harvest of your experience along the road. I'm sure you've gained insight, or just funny anecdotes.

I'd be interested too in hearing what it is you're seeking out there on the road, if it's identifiable and able to be articulated.

Welcome to this community, Mike. May it be one gem among the others in your long travels.

Thank you for the response, and thank you for the kind and warm welcome. I am glad to read that you discovered the material far earlier than I, thank you for sharing your first encounter! It's been refreshing first to pour through the material and now to discover similar other-selves. Quite wonderful.

Traveling has allowed me to learn that America is like a beautiful fondue pot of 10 or 11 cheeses (New Orleans, 11, is an outlier...smells bad but tastes great). Depending on the blend and your personal taste, you may enjoy or loathe some more than others. It has taught me to not trust the media whatsoever, and that there is far more good than bad in this nation when it comes to the people. I'm somewhat broad with the statements as it's a lot to consolidate into a few statements, but I try to relay that the nation of America is full of beauty and wonder. You enjoy travel as well, do you have a favorite state or national park? I'm overly fond of Teuton and Rocky Mountain NP.

Afghanistan is what it is. I wasn't fighting Taliban, my unit took the jobs from local lumberjacks (and took the lumber mill) and put them all out of work. Those men put together a militia and really gave us an ass whopping over a couple of years.

Once again thank you for the kind words, it's a good feeling to communicate on this platform with similar other-selves.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - omcasey - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 01:10 PM)Nomadic Mike Wrote: Howdy,

Discovered Law of One material through a Youtube algo recommendation about one year ago. It resonates as a congruency of my religious studies over the years.

So who the hell am I...I've lived my live in service to community. Prior pharm tech, critical care nurse, hospice nurse, when the economy collapsed in 08 I enlisted in the military under the impression I'd be fighting "for the country". Took an injury from an ags17 in Afghanistan, so I was medically retired at a younger age than most.

For the past half decade post-"retirement" I've been a nomad. Living out of a backpack, traveling from region to region in order to view what works and what doesn't work in communities across my nation (USA). Accepted a few volunteer gigs, taken a few farmhand jobs in exchange for room and board (WWOOFing) in order to benefit where I was for the time. It's been nice to pick up and leave when things get a little unusual, especially over the previous 18 months  

Always felt lost in groups, communication with most seems to be bizarre mimicry of random noises and phrasings that the idiot box repeats to them. No substance to conversations, little talk about improving their lives or others. Few can speak about themselves in anything relating to a positive manner.

To some it's a great life drifting, while others think I'm in abject poverty and refuse to "settle down" with "stuff'...as if that is a bad thing.
So that's my story. That and $4.25 will get you a small cup of coffee somewhere.

The YouTube algo was more than coincidence, it seems as if there are similar thinking other-selves here.
Thank you for your time.
- Mike

It is like hearing myself speak.

Hi, Mike.. I am Casey. 

I have worked in the private sector ( self employed ) as a medical caregiver specializing in hospice the last 25 or so years. I am trying to retire from this field to concentrate on consciousness studies in preparation for the now impending retirement years. Another nomad here. I have moved around constantly in my near 60 years. I have lived in upwards of 72 different dwelling places and went out onto the land 2014-2018. It can be a beautiful thing. Only I hope you will not stay out there so long you cannot image coming back in. This does happen. It happened with me and it is challenging to get through. It is good to hear you are occasionally WOOFing, but contact with other 'indoor' types to some degree is important to continue. It keeps the full spectrum of possibility open to you. Do you have family in the US? nearby? Friends?

What have your religious studies been, btw? - contact with The Law of One I know will be beneficial to you.

It has been for me. And whether in the background or actively out on these boards,

This is somewhere I remain.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Steppingfeet - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 03:08 PM)Nomadic Mike Wrote: Thank you for the response, and thank you for the kind and warm welcome. I am glad to read that you discovered the material far earlier than I, thank you for sharing your first encounter! It's been refreshing first to pour through the material and now to discover similar other-selves. Quite wonderful.

Traveling has allowed me to learn that America is like a beautiful fondue pot of 10 or 11 cheeses (New Orleans, 11, is an outlier...smells bad but tastes great). Depending on the blend and your personal taste, you may enjoy or loathe some more than others. It has taught me to not trust the media whatsoever, and that there is far more good than bad in this nation when it comes to the people. I'm somewhat broad with the statements as it's a lot to consolidate into a few statements, but I try to relay that the nation of America is full of beauty and wonder. You enjoy travel as well, do you have a favorite state or national park? I'm overly fond of Teuton and Rocky Mountain NP.

Afghanistan is what it is. I wasn't fighting Taliban, my unit took the jobs from local lumberjacks (and took the lumber mill) and put them all out of work. Those men put together a militia and really gave us an ass whopping over a couple of years.

Once again thank you for the kind words, it's a good feeling to communicate on this platform with similar other-selves.

I don't totally distrust the media, but I do think that the incentives of profit-based media and the algorithms of social media amplify disturbance and create a funhouse mirror of ourselves. And I so appreciate your optimism. Have you heard of an amazing woman who went by the name of Peace Pilgrim? She was something of a mystic, also a pacifist and a peace activist. Beginning in the 50s she began walking across the country on foot. She did that seven times over the next 28 years. (And I just learned was the first woman to complete the Appalachian Trail in a single season.) I remember reading a small book of hers years ago. I don't remember if she opined on the media then, but she had a perspective like yours in seeing goodness all around her.

National Parks? Our hearts are out West. My wife interned at Yellowstone for a summer, so that is her spiritual home. Really hard to narrow down but I'd say the string of parks in southern Utah - Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce, Capitol Reef, and Zion. The Colorado plateau/four corners area in general is heaven, we'd live in CO, UT, or MT (montana) in our dream world. We've done a 3-day 30-mile backcountry in Rocky Mtn NP. The Tetons are extraordinary. Did you hike there? We've taken a couple dayhikes up into the mountains from Jenny Lake. I love how the mountains just seem to arise out of the lakes when looking west.

We were leaving Sand Dunes NP some years back and a senior citizen volunteering for the park's campground came to collect our ticket. We talked with her for a bit. She and her husband had sold their home and took up life on the road in an RV. I think they spent several weeks at a time at different campgrounds volunteering. My wife and I wondered if we were seeing our future. We love the thought of the nomadic life and we are really grateful for America's "best idea" - it is a beautiful place, this country.

(08-21-2021, 03:23 PM)omcasey Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 01:10 PM)Nomadic Mike Wrote: Howdy,

Thank you for your time.
- Mike

It is like hearing myself speak.

Hi, Mike.. I am Casey. 

I have worked in the private sector ( self employed ) as a medical caregiver specializing in hospice the last 25 or so years. I am trying to retire from this field to concentrate on consciousness studies in preparation for the now impending retirement years. Another nomad here. I have moved around constantly in my near 60 years. I have lived in upwards of 72 different dwelling places and went out onto the land 2014-2018. It can be a beautiful thing. Only I hope you will not stay out there so long you cannot image coming back in. This does happen. It happened with me and it is challenging to get through. It is good to hear you are occasionally WOOFing, but contact with other 'indoor' types to some degree is important to continue. It keeps the full spectrum of possibility open to you. Do you have family in the US? nearby? Friends?

What have your religious studies been, btw? - contact with The Law of One I know will be beneficial to you.

It has been for me. And whether in the background or actively out on these boards,

This is somewhere I remain.

Great to meet a fellow nomad! You too serve others. For some time I was down the Theodish path and identified as one. Thelema/ic, Talmudic, Hinduism, Taoism, Islam, Eastern Rite Christianity, and secular Christianity I can hold a conversation about. That there is so much congruency with Ra and other religions around the planet has been a beautiful blessing to me. Learning that understanding is not for or of this density took a mental strain off my shoulders.

You hit the nail on the head, I no longer communicate much with the indoor people. And I think that should change after this thread.

Zero family, friendly acquaintances in a dozen cities.

How much longer until retirement? I'm rooting for you.
Thank you for doing what you've done for decades, I left nursing in 2009 and am bittersweet over it.

(08-21-2021, 03:50 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 03:08 PM)Nomadic Mike Wrote: Thank you for the response, and thank you for the kind and warm welcome. I am glad to read that you discovered the material far earlier than I, thank you for sharing your first encounter! It's been refreshing first to pour through the material and now to discover similar other-selves. Quite wonderful.

I don't totally distrust the media, but I do think that the incentives of profit-based media and the algorithms of social media amplify disturbance and create a funhouse mirror of ourselves. And I so appreciate your optimism. Have you heard of an amazing woman who went by the name of Peace Pilgrim? She was something of a mystic, also a pacifist and a peace activist. Beginning in the 50s she began walking across the country on foot. She did that seven times over the next 28 years. (And I just learned was the first woman to complete the Appalachian Trail in a single season.) I remember reading a small book of hers years ago. I don't remember if she opined on the media then, but she had a perspective like yours in seeing goodness all around her.

National Parks? Our hearts are out West. My wife interned at Yellowstone for a summer, so that is her spiritual home. Really hard to narrow down but I'd say the string of parks in southern Utah - Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce, Capitol Reef, and Zion. The Colorado plateau/four corners area in general is heaven, we'd live in CO, UT, or MT (montana) in our dream world. We've done a 3-day 30-mile backcountry in Rocky Mtn NP. The Tetons are extraordinary. Did you hike there? We've taken a couple dayhikes up into the mountains from Jenny Lake. I love how the mountains just seem to arise out of the lakes when looking west.

We were leaving Sand Dunes NP some years back and a senior citizen volunteering for the park's campground came to collect our ticket. We talked with her for a bit. She and her husband had sold their home and took up life on the road in an RV. I think they spent several weeks at a time at different campgrounds volunteering. My wife and I wondered if we were seeing our future. We love the thought of the nomadic life and we are really grateful for America's "best idea" - it is a beautiful place, this country.

You have excellent taste! My old cabin was 20 minutes from RNMP entrance, I'm in love with the region and the critters. Zion is one of my favorites as well, in '17 I spent a few weeks camping out there outside of the Ranger's view...to date I'm the only fool, as far as I know, to attempt The Narrows in flip flops. Wonderful times. Haven't hiked Teutons yet, it's on the short list for next spring.

RVs aren't a bad idea, you just might love home being wherever you lay your head at night Smile.
There's so much to see and do in this wonderful land.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - omcasey - 08-21-2021

Quote:Mike said:
Great to meet a fellow nomad! You too serve others. For some time I was down the Theodish path and identified as one. Thelema/ic, Talmudic, Hinduism, Taoism, Islam, Eastern Rite Christianity, and secular Christianity I can hold a conversation about. That there is so much congruency with Ra and other religions around the planet has been a beautiful blessing to me. Learning that understanding is not for or of this density took a mental strain off my shoulders. 

You hit the nail on the head, I no longer communicate much with the indoor people. And I think that should change after this thread. 

Zero family, friendly acquaintances in a dozen cities. 

How much longer until retirement? I'm rooting for you. 
Thank you for doing what you've done for decades, I left nursing in 2009 and am bittersweet over it.

That is quite a run down of religious and spiritual study.

It is incredible to hear of the congruent nature with The Law of One ( in the way you receive all these materials. It says a lot about both you AND your level of understanding.  {{{ gratitude }}}

I am sorry to hear about not having any remaining family, this is not an easy thing. Even if we are not close with our families, that they remain ground level with us offers an invisible stability and comfort. I have very few remaining so I am able to feel how precious, and even critical this is to me now as an increasingly elder person. I can feel, somewhat easily into what having none would feel like to me. It is not pleasant. The great many of those I came to help when I was out on the land had no remaining family. We need to connect with other-selves and make new familial structures. If we can, when we can. This is something I came off the land knowing. It is a very worthy thing to build while we are still here. And has the potential to help so many. I have begun doing this, with intent since returning to indoor life. If not to the degree others might, to the degree that I can. 

About retirement : it is not that I will ever be financially able to retire, just that the retirement years are fast approaching. Thank you for rooting for me. And you are welcome. 

I thank you as well for all you are learning, growing ( from ) and giving to the world.

We have a lot to reconnect with as a species, don't we? 

RE: Newfound Wanderer - omcasey - 08-22-2021

I find these mesmerizing. Nomadic architecture. 

In my feed tonight. I thought I'd share.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - tadeus - 08-22-2021

Hello Nomadic Mike, welcome here.

To be nomadic could be interpreted as there is no place you feel to belong to.
Have you read the wanderer's handbook from Carla?
Maybe you will find yourself in it and it will help you after reading the material of Ra.

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Nomadic Mike - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 08:03 AM)tadeus Wrote: Hello Nomadic Mike, welcome here.

Maybe you will find yourself in it and it will help you after reading the material of Ra.

Thank you for the kind welcome!
I'm unfamiliar, but found it and will begin reading this afternoon. Thank you!

RE: Newfound Wanderer - Nomadic Mike - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 08:03 AM)tadeus Wrote: Hello Nomadic Mike, welcome here.

Thank you sincerely.
This is why I'm on this form. Exactly this reason.
Thank you.

https://www.llresearch.org/library/a_wanderers_handbook_pdf/a_wanderers_handbook.pdf

RE: Newfound Wanderer - tadeus - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 11:50 AM)Nomadic Mike Wrote: Thank you sincerely.
This is why I'm on this form. Exactly this reason.
Thank you.

https://www.llresearch.org/library/a_wanderers_handbook_pdf/a_wanderers_handbook.pdf

Thank you - i hope this book will help you in the same way it helps me.

Here is the only place where you can discuss such 'strange' things. Cool