Bring4th
Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Happiness... impossible or inevitable (/showthread.php?tid=19445)

Pages: 1 2

Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 08-24-2021

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is always just around the corner. Issues happens no matter what.

Is happiness then impossible?

The quest for happiness has been a thing since the invention of the veil. It seems to me that the veil might have been invented so that happiness can be lost and found. Is then finding happiness and piercing the veil the very same thing?

It looks like the quest for happiness is ineluctably linked to the quest for balancing. They are the same. The purpose of life is the balancing?

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2002/2002_0809.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Question from T1: The question today is about pain and suffering, as I am experiencing pain in my nerves around the right side of my waist that leaves me sleepless and concerned about my future virility and health. Why do traumas such as pain and disease occur so often in the lives of spiritually sincere and seeking people? I know I’m a kind soul, so why would I or my higher self include pain in life? His Holiness the Dali Lama said the purpose of life is to be in happiness. I deeply agree with that. Some philosophy books taught us that pains would help us grow. I just don’t feel comfortable with such thinking. Should I just communicate with my higher self and say, “Just tell me what to do to make you and us happy? Spare me from such a thing.”...

...we may look at that which the one known as T2 spoke of, in the conversation preceding this meditation, which was that the one known as the Dalai Lama Spoke of being in joy, being in happiness, not necessarily the cause of any perceived catalyst but because the being itself was in that state. This is a challenging concept to one who assumes that, in order to be happy, one must be safe, comfortable and secure. The one known as Elkins frequently said to this instrument, when it was alive in incarnation in this density, “Happiness is not an objective.” By this, that entity meant that the state of being happy had little to do with the state of one’s spiritual awakening. However, as the Dalai Lama is perceived by us to have used the word, happiness, there is more of the expression of an abiding and universal state of mind which is bliss or joy; not happiness that is the result of a comfortable life but happiness, joy or bliss that is the result of having found the center of the self, found the point of balance within the self and thusly found the peace of a certain degree of self-understanding so that the self is at peace with the self and is able to release all fear.

The one known as T1, in wondering why there must be pain and suffering, is absolutely accurate in feeling that it is not necessary to suffer and have pain. However, it is almost inevitable, for the simple reason that change is inevitable, and the process of change is uncomfortable to almost all entities.

Now, as the one known as Ra has said, the energy of the self is first that of the mind. Catalyst comes first to the mind. The body is the secondary receiver of catalyst, and it receives that catalyst which the mind does not balance. Those who do achieve a state of bliss, joy, peace, realization or happiness in the sense the Dalai Lama used, achieve this state because they have been able to use the catalyst in such a way that the value of the catalyst is honored, the response of the self is known and honored, and those areas within which the self feels it needs more discipline are addressed...

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_1013.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Questioner: Q’uo, I’d like to build upon the question about positive catalyst. Can catalyst be something happy and not necessarily always the 2x4 to the head, and if so, is there some balancing that’s needed for that, or is that just easily accepted and therefore not necessary to balance?

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. The quality of happiness is one which is quite subjective in the experience of entities upon your planet, for if you look at the variety of entities that you meet within your daily round of experience, and ask each what would make them happy, you would find a great range of examples that might cause happiness in some, but not in others. There is happiness that comes from taking advantage of others and succeeding in getting what they have, and using it for one’s own self in the negative polarity. In the neutral polarity, or lack of polarity, happiness may come from winning a lottery, from buying a new car, from digging a garden and planting it, from anything that one can imagine.

Thus, we recommend that one look at the experience of happiness as that which also might be balanced to one’s benefit, so that the happiness which may have its antithesis as sadness, be seen as transitory experiences of the nature of your reality and of your own being. As one then sees a new level of happiness, perhaps emerging within one that is more spiritually oriented, the happiness of the feeling of love unconditional for all those about one, the happiness of seeking the One at each moment of one’s existence, the happiness of feeling love for all of the creation, and so forth.

Thus, we would suggest that each seeker of truth look not just at that which makes one happy, but at that which is at the heart of the happiness—is it that which is transitory, that which is infinite, that which is enduring, that which is ennobling?—and thus be moved by the nature of what causes happiness, so that that quality may be balanced in one’s own being...

Happiness is inevitable and very personal just as eventually reaching a minimal balance is inevitable and very personal for all entities. The perfect balance being a different configuration for each.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1986/1986_0629.aspx Hatonn Wrote:...Spiritual joy can be a frightening thing, for it is a joy which has its roots in a love that is mysterious, for it is the manifestation of a sense of the Creator which is mysterious. You may experience joy, but it is an unknown joy, an unspeakable joy, a happiness which is both silent and creative. In this regard we encourage you to remember that anything at which you look is not only the Creator but is also less than the Creator.

We are fond of paradoxes, are we not? Let us clarify. The Creator is not only each tree, each stone, each bird, and each conscious entity. It is also the mystery that created these things. It is the invisible, the infinite. Why does it say in your holy works that the trees clap their hands and the mountains dance like rams? Does the Creator play so? You may look at it that way, but it is also possible to recognize the signs of worship and praise of a Creator that infuses all with love and joy.

My friends, you are far more complex than trees and hills, and within yourselves you have many, many beings interpenetrating each other, communicating with each other, and forming one whole and conscious hologram of the Creator. And yet there is also that mystery which you seek that is beyond and within your consciousness. As you approach what you call your Independence Day, we ask you to gaze many times at the concept of freedom, for there are many metaphysical systems which indulge in a hedonism that suggests that the Creator shall be used as a panacea to achieve happiness, prosperity, health and all manner of positive and comfortable things. We suggest to you that true happiness is often quite uncomfortable and yet so exhilarating that once having been experienced, it shall be the way you seek to manifest love.

Love one another, my friends. Serve one another. And find your freedom, your joy, and your peace.

We ask your pardon for causing what we so enjoy, the sensations of third-density incarnation. You are so rich, my friends. Feel it. Such a wealth of things to hear and see and taste and smell and feel and all things servants to you, there for your learning, your contemplation and your discretion. Open, then, the doors of your heart and love each other, and you will find yourself loving all manner of things and finding the life that you serve in the veriest blade of grass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJvBfoHDk0&t=5m10s

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Diana - 08-24-2021

I think the idea of happiness is a human idea that has no basis is functional reality. 

I think the reality is that there is a rich well of states of mind which flow organically from self, and there is no choosing to be happy (I find that forced and possibly a blocked state). One can feel joy, one can feel pain, one can feel frustration, one can feel blissful—but no one feeling is chosen to override the rest of the rich dynamic soup of experience that is 3D life.

One can make the archetypical conscious choice of STO or STS—and in that case, as STO one chooses "acceptance" over "control." So acceptance would be to allow all feelings, all catalyst, to be experienced. So in choosing happiness, one is, in my view, wanting to control the experience of this life. 

That is not to say one can't take issue with the idea of the veil which precipitates suffering. But according to Ra we are all a part of this Logos so a part of that decision. I'm still slapping my forehead over that consensus. Tongue

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - sillypumpkins - 08-24-2021

methinks happiness is not quite what people make it out to be...... its not either "happy" or "unhappy".... it's more subtle than that... my 2 cents

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - flofrog - 08-24-2021

I wonder Patrick if this image of happiness is not in fact joy of life ?

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - jafar - 08-24-2021

"Happiness does not only come from achievement. When you were a child you were simply happy. That is your nature. If you go against your own nature to be happy, you will never get anywhere. To be happy is not the ultimate aspect of life. It is the fundamental aspect of life.

The source of joy is within you; you can take charge of it. When you are fundamentally joyous, when you do not have to do anything to be happy, then every dimension of your life – the way you perceive and express yourself and the world – will change. You will no longer have vested interests because whether you do something or you do not do something, whether you get something or do not get something, whether something happens or does not happen, you will be joyous by your nature.

It is definitely time we look inward and see how to create personal wellbeing. From your own experience of life you can clearly see that true wellbeing will come to you only if your interiority changes. At present, the quality of your life is not determined by the clothes that you wear, the educational qualifications that you carry, the family background that you come from or the bank balances that you hold. Rather, the quality of your life depends upon how peaceful and joyous you are within yourself."

-- Sadhguru

As from my side, I think 'miracle' is not turning water into wine, walk upon water, levitating on lotus position or making statue of liberty disappear. When one can be happy regardless of the situation that's miraculous.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 08-24-2021

(08-24-2021, 02:31 PM)jafar Wrote: ...As from my side, I think 'miracle' is not turning water into wine, walk upon water, levitating on lotus position or making statue of liberty disappear. When one can be happy regardless of the situation that's miraculous.

Beautiful ! Heart

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - flofrog - 08-24-2021

How lovely Jafar. I am reading right now the book of a former Buddhist monk who found that after threee years, being a monk was not his life and how he transferred that phase into his new life, and there’s a lot about that inner joy.

Since the perfect balance for each entity is different for each entity, happiness will be a different thing for each entity as well.

I found it interesting how Q'uo explained this concept. I did not know happiness was related to our balancing.

So when we try to share what happiness is for us we cannot really understand each others. It's not just because we are having difficulty explaining ourselves, it's also because the happiness we are describing may not seem like happiness to our other-self, happiness is rightly something else for them. Sometimes the difference can be enough that the happiness one is describing will seem undesirable to the other.

And yes Q'uo is pointing out that happiness and joy are not necessarily the same thing. In fact, for some it might be quite different.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2002/2002_0809.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Those who do achieve a state of bliss, joy, peace, realization or happiness in the sense the Dalai Lama used, achieve this state because they have been able to use the catalyst in such a way that the value of the catalyst is honored, the response of the self is known and honored, and those areas within which the self feels it needs more discipline are addressed...

It seems that regarding the joy of life per se, it is the honoring of the value of catalysts, whether pleasant or unpleasant, that brings that state and not the catalysts themselves.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Ming the Merciful - 08-24-2021

(08-24-2021, 12:25 PM)Patrick Wrote: Pain is inevitable. Suffering is always just around the corner. Issues happens no matter what.

Is happiness then impossible?

The quest for happiness has been a thing since the invention of the veil. It seems to me that the veil might have been invented so that happiness can be lost and found. Is then finding happiness and piercing the veil the very same thing?

It looks like the quest for happiness is ineluctably linked to the quest for balancing. They are the same. The purpose of life is the balancing?

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2002/2002_0809.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Question from T1: The question today is about pain and suffering, as I am experiencing pain in my nerves around the right side of my waist that leaves me sleepless and concerned about my future virility and health. Why do traumas such as pain and disease occur so often in the lives of spiritually sincere and seeking people? I know I’m a kind soul, so why would I or my higher self include pain in life? His Holiness the Dali Lama said the purpose of life is to be in happiness. I deeply agree with that. Some philosophy books taught us that pains would help us grow. I just don’t feel comfortable with such thinking. Should I just communicate with my higher self and say, “Just tell me what to do to make you and us happy? Spare me from such a thing.”...

...we may look at that which the one known as T2 spoke of, in the conversation preceding this meditation, which was that the one known as the Dalai Lama Spoke of being in joy, being in happiness, not necessarily the cause of any perceived catalyst but because the being itself was in that state. This is a challenging concept to one who assumes that, in order to be happy, one must be safe, comfortable and secure. The one known as Elkins frequently said to this instrument, when it was alive in incarnation in this density, “Happiness is not an objective.” By this, that entity meant that the state of being happy had little to do with the state of one’s spiritual awakening. However, as the Dalai Lama is perceived by us to have used the word, happiness, there is more of the expression of an abiding and universal state of mind which is bliss or joy; not happiness that is the result of a comfortable life but happiness, joy or bliss that is the result of having found the center of the self, found the point of balance within the self and thusly found the peace of a certain degree of self-understanding so that the self is at peace with the self and is able to release all fear.

The one known as T1, in wondering why there must be pain and suffering, is absolutely accurate in feeling that it is not necessary to suffer and have pain. However, it is almost inevitable, for the simple reason that change is inevitable, and the process of change is uncomfortable to almost all entities.

Now, as the one known as Ra has said, the energy of the self is first that of the mind. Catalyst comes first to the mind. The body is the secondary receiver of catalyst, and it receives that catalyst which the mind does not balance. Those who do achieve a state of bliss, joy, peace, realization or happiness in the sense the Dalai Lama used, achieve this state because they have been able to use the catalyst in such a way that the value of the catalyst is honored, the response of the self is known and honored, and those areas within which the self feels it needs more discipline are addressed...

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_1013.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Questioner: Q’uo, I’d like to build upon the question about positive catalyst. Can catalyst be something happy and not necessarily always the 2x4 to the head, and if so, is there some balancing that’s needed for that, or is that just easily accepted and therefore not necessary to balance?

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. The quality of happiness is one which is quite subjective in the experience of entities upon your planet, for if you look at the variety of entities that you meet within your daily round of experience, and ask each what would make them happy, you would find a great range of examples that might cause happiness in some, but not in others. There is happiness that comes from taking advantage of others and succeeding in getting what they have, and using it for one’s own self in the negative polarity. In the neutral polarity, or lack of polarity, happiness may come from winning a lottery, from buying a new car, from digging a garden and planting it, from anything that one can imagine.

Thus, we recommend that one look at the experience of happiness as that which also might be balanced to one’s benefit, so that the happiness which may have its antithesis as sadness, be seen as transitory experiences of the nature of your reality and of your own being. As one then sees a new level of happiness, perhaps emerging within one that is more spiritually oriented, the happiness of the feeling of love unconditional for all those about one, the happiness of seeking the One at each moment of one’s existence, the happiness of feeling love for all of the creation, and so forth.

Thus, we would suggest that each seeker of truth look not just at that which makes one happy, but at that which is at the heart of the happiness—is it that which is transitory, that which is infinite, that which is enduring, that which is ennobling?—and thus be moved by the nature of what causes happiness, so that that quality may be balanced in one’s own being...

Happiness is inevitable and very personal just as eventually reaching a minimal balance is inevitable and very personal for all entities. The perfect balance being a different configuration for each.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1986/1986_0629.aspx Hatonn Wrote:...Spiritual joy can be a frightening thing, for it is a joy which has its roots in a love that is mysterious, for it is the manifestation of a sense of the Creator which is mysterious. You may experience joy, but it is an unknown joy, an unspeakable joy, a happiness which is both silent and creative. In this regard we encourage you to remember that anything at which you look is not only the Creator but is also less than the Creator.

We are fond of paradoxes, are we not? Let us clarify. The Creator is not only each tree, each stone, each bird, and each conscious entity. It is also the mystery that created these things. It is the invisible, the infinite. Why does it say in your holy works that the trees clap their hands and the mountains dance like rams? Does the Creator play so? You may look at it that way, but it is also possible to recognize the signs of worship and praise of a Creator that infuses all with love and joy.

My friends, you are far more complex than trees and hills, and within yourselves you have many, many beings interpenetrating each other, communicating with each other, and forming one whole and conscious hologram of the Creator. And yet there is also that mystery which you seek that is beyond and within your consciousness. As you approach what you call your Independence Day, we ask you to gaze many times at the concept of freedom, for there are many metaphysical systems which indulge in a hedonism that suggests that the Creator shall be used as a panacea to achieve happiness, prosperity, health and all manner of positive and comfortable things. We suggest to you that true happiness is often quite uncomfortable and yet so exhilarating that once having been experienced, it shall be the way you seek to manifest love.

Love one another, my friends. Serve one another. And find your freedom, your joy, and your peace.

We ask your pardon for causing what we so enjoy, the sensations of third-density incarnation. You are so rich, my friends. Feel it. Such a wealth of things to hear and see and taste and smell and feel and all things servants to you, there for your learning, your contemplation and your discretion. Open, then, the doors of your heart and love each other, and you will find yourself loving all manner of things and finding the life that you serve in the veriest blade of grass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJvBfoHDk0&t=5m10s

I like the concept of this subject Patrick. Except I am going to come-in and view it from a logical approach, (like Mister Spock). Captain, you argument is illogical. Also observing this from an Eastern viewpoint, emotions are an attachment to feelings, and in the quest to Self-Realization, a part of the process is overcoming emotional attachment. The ultimate purpose in the Zen, (and Buddhism), perception of thinking, emotional attachment is a part of the Lower Self, and in a State of Spiritual Bliss, there are no emotional attachments. Not that I am denying what you are saying, there is nothing wrong in feeling happy, (and another form of Bliss), except Emotional Bliss, and Spiritual Bliss are on two different levels. In other Threads I have discussed Still Mind techniques and Mind Control? Once we have achieved Still Mind, (Inner Bliss), we also gain control of our emotions, (and there is a similarity to the Philosophy of Mister Spock), because it is unknowingly a very Buddhist concept. Once we have control of our Mind, we also control our emotions. When we are in the Neutral State, emotions disappear. I prefer to be in the Neutral State than attached to my emotions in the Lower level of Consciousness.

Smile

I'm not sure if happiness is an emotion for me. Rather it's when nothing is in the way. The energy, the catalysts, life, all just flows. So it's an absence, maybe an absence of blockages. Maybe happiness is not a thing while unhappiness is the one that exists. So absence of unhappiness is happiness? If that makes any sense. Smile

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Ming the Merciful - 08-24-2021

(08-24-2021, 04:12 PM)Patrick Wrote: I'm not sure if happiness is an emotion for me. Rather it's when nothing is in the way. The energy, the catalysts, life, all just flows. So it's an absence, maybe an absence of blockages. Maybe happiness is not a thing while unhappiness is the one that exists. So absence of unhappiness is happiness? If that makes any sense. Smile

Perhaps you are, (unknowingly), expressing something that you are unaware of? In the Eastern concept, happiness can be expressed when we "At-One" with ourselves. In a sense it is an overcoming of the emotions, and reaching a form of Bliss? You will have no argument from me. The point is, the more we become aware of our emotions, (and control them), the closer we come to Bliss. Even in the act of Stillness, (I am not saying Still Mind). It is a presence, and self-awareness? Acknowledging the "Self". Not that there is anything wrong with knowing the Self. To overcome the Self, we must first understand it, (and its motives). Maybe you are reaching a form of Self-Realization? Self Realization is not a "One-Off" event, but can happen many times, as we gain an Understanding and Comprehension of Spiritual Knowledge.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Dtris - 08-24-2021

Happiness is really a loaded word. I do like how Quo basically said that the way Dalai Lama used the word was not the common usage.

As most people understand being happy, like a kid in a candy store, or a kid when Santa comes, that is an unsustainable state. If we could be that happy all the time we would be mentally unwell.

However most people misunderstand chronic depression as well. Acute depression from some event in life is basically the opposite of happiness. Yet acute depression cannot be maintained either. Chronic depression is not the same feeling. So being acutely depressed, or despondent, is the same as being happy, both transitory states. The child cannot maintain being happy no matter how excited they are when they open the new toy. The despondency of losing something dear also fades fairly quickly.

The fundamental error in our society is thinking that the Yang state of happiness can or should be the default state. By nature the default state must be one of balance, Yin and Yang in a natural cycle. When this is achieved you can feel happy knowing it is temporary, and sad, and everything in between. While the default state becomes one of appreciation for the varied emotions and states which we are able to experience. This default is then closer to joy as each experience, even pain and suffering, become sacred.

(08-24-2021, 06:24 PM)Dtris Wrote: ...This default is then closer to joy as each experience, even pain and suffering, become sacred.

Yes the sacramental nature of all experiences. Well said. Heart

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - unity100 - 08-24-2021

Happiness and sadness are deviations from equilibrium. When balanced, tranquility remains.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 08-25-2021

Happiness... that word has too much baggage attached to it. Smile

Yes I think the word tranquility is a nice replacement for how I personally see happiness.

Just as we deduced that using the expression "All Is Well" is not useful because of too much baggage, it seems I will need to stop using the word "happiness" for the same reason.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - pat19989 - 08-25-2021

I much prefer the word joy for this feeling. I just feel that it has less emotional/societal stigma than 'happiness.' I feel like I've heard throughout my entire life that I need to just 'find whatever makes me happy.'

And I feel that I am finding that that notion is total BS.

I feel most joyful in moments of no-mind. When my thoughts subside, my judgemental self sits on a shelf (ha!) and I bask in the joy of true being and existence.

And yes I believe joy is inevitable. It is our true nature. The emotional/mental/spiritual equivalent of the body's orgasm. After all, we have to glimpse creation to create ourselves right?

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Nikki - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 09:12 AM)Patrick Wrote: Happiness... that word has too much baggage attached to it. Smile

Yes I think the word tranquility is a nice replacement for how I personally see happiness.

Just as we deduced that using the expression "All Is Well" is not useful because of too much baggage, it seems I will need to stop using the word "happiness" for the same reason.

We are multi-dimensional beings. On this density we gage reality through our physical senses and physical brain. The physical senses and brain can be veiled from the higher self which is almost all who start the spiritual path comes to realize there is much more than what physicality dictates. If we did not have a physical body, all these thoughts/ideas/perceptions would not be considered who we are. We are awareness (consciousness) in motion. For my experiences, we have emotions (develops) from the feeding the brain lateral objective information. We have our higher selves which is pure awareness/consciousness, in this density the physical aspect is only a dream or illusion for physical experiences. The consciousness will send messages to the physical mind as information and guidance. Because of the views of illusion as a reality many times we do not hear it or feel it. I say the higher self has a direct line and calls us but the line is always busy. Smile

Emotions are experienced through the mind (lateral objective thoughts), feelings are experienced through the body and senses (vertical subjective thoughts). Emotions of the mind causes confusions and chaos. The physical mind cannot know itself because it is not thoughts, etc. Feelings are received into the body from the higher self but many times needs to bypass the physical mind.

Love, peace, joy, freedom, whatever we are searching for is who we truly are without all the physical thoughts, ideas and perceptions. It is a state of consciousness, not physical in nature but when the veils are lifted we will be able to live "heaven on earth". All the other emotions and feelings of physicality are only a small aspect of the larger picture that we do not see or experience yet. Physicality definitely is a veil to the whole truth and believe that we will bypass this veil as humanity.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - flofrog - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:33 PM)Nikki Wrote:  I say the higher self has a direct line and calls us but the line is always busy.   Smile

lol Nikki,  I do hope the line is available at some point...  BigSmile

Quote:Love, peace, joy, freedom, whatever we are searching for is who we truly are without all the physical thoughts, ideas and perceptions. It is a state of consciousness, not physical in nature but when the veils are lifted we will be able to live "heaven on earth".

not physical in nature but it sure feels good physically too Wink

What always has me in awe is the intelligence of our cells all over our body.  A UCLA neuroscientist, Alex Korb, wrote in a paper that when we feel grateful, our body releases dopamine, which makes  us want to feel that way again, then gratitude might become more of a habit. " Once you start to see things to be  grateful for, your brain starts to look for more things to be grateful for."   virtuous circle ?  lol   It's probably way more than just dopamine but still...

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Ming the Merciful - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 09:12 AM)Patrick Wrote: Happiness... that word has too much baggage attached to it. Smile

We are all overlooking something here? It is not one emotion or another. Emotions are just that, emotions. As I said earlier, we must rise above emotions to reach the Higher Self. When we are attached to emotions, (any emotions), then we are allowing ourselves to exist on a lower Emotional Level, and the Lower Emotional State. When we are in deep Meditation, do we feel emotions? If people expect to advance to the transmutation and the next Density, then part of the process of the evolutionary transition would be controlling our Emotional States. Being attached to your emotions is lack of development, because we are still allowing the Gross Mind to be in control.

(08-25-2021, 02:52 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote:

We are all overlooking something here? It is not one emotion or another. Emotions are just that, emotions. As I said earlier, we must rise above emotions to reach the Higher Self. When we are attached to emotions, (any emotions), then we are allowing ourselves to exist on a lower Emotional Level, and the Lower Emotional State. When we are in deep Meditation, do we feel emotions? If people expect to advance to the transmutation and the next Density, then part of the process of the evolutionary transition would be controlling our Emotional States. Being attached to your emotions is lack of development, because we are still allowing the Gross Mind to be in control.

In meditation, do feel, see and are love. Some people see this as emotion, I see it as what I am. Just a thought Heart

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Dtris - 08-25-2021

I don't necessarily think anything is being overlooked, just different perspectives. While you are following the Buddhist doctrine of severing attachments, that does not mean that other people are doing the same.

I myself agree that people become attached to emotions, but disagree that emotions should be controlled. Emotions are part of the glory of living, they should be accepted and allowed to run their natural course. If you "control" your emotions all the time and never let yourself feel anything, then why bother even living?

(08-25-2021, 03:01 PM)Nikki Wrote:

In meditation, do feel, see and are love.  Some people see this as emotion, I see it as what I am.  Just a thought Heart

Nikki, I totally agree. Love is considered as a higher emotion because whereas the other emotions are inward feelings, (and directed to the Self), while love is an outward emotion. Also, when we are in Meditation, we are also in a state of Higher Consciousness.

(08-25-2021, 02:52 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: ...part of the process of the evolutionary transition would be controlling our Emotional States. Being attached to your emotions is lack of development, because we are still allowing the Gross Mind to be in control.

I don't see this as controlling my emotions. I see it as just detachment from my emotions. I am the observer, but the emotion is not to be controlled, all emotions are always valid. It's just that I understand controlling my emotions as repressing them.

So for me detachment does not involve control, but rather it involves acceptance and realizing that I am not my emotions, I am that which perceives the emotions.

(08-25-2021, 04:10 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 02:52 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: ...part of the process of the evolutionary transition would be controlling our Emotional States. Being attached to your emotions is lack of development, because we are still allowing the Gross Mind to be in control.

I don't see this as controlling my emotions. I see it as just detachment from my emotions. I am the observer, but the emotion is not to be controlled, all emotions are always valid. It's just that I understand controlling my emotions as repressing them.

So for me detachment does not involve control, but rather it involves acceptance and realizing that I am not my emotions, I am that which perceives the emotions.

According to Hindu/Buddhist Philosophy, detachment, (controlling), the emotions is important because they drag us back to the Lower Gross State. When we are in Higher Consciousness, emotions disappear and become transparent. Emotions also brings us to physical attachment, and the need to be attached to the Physical World. This is why the teachers in Hinduism and Buddhism insist on austerity, to stop emotional attachment. Not that I am saying that everybody should give up their Worldly possessions. Although if we look realistically, how many of your possessions are you attached to emotionally?

(08-25-2021, 05:49 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 04:10 PM)Patrick Wrote:

Although if we look realistically, how many of your possessions are you attached to emotionally?

Less and less attachment to stuff as I travel the path toward the Creator. Even as a child always had a different idea of what rich is, living within nature in love and freedom. It seems your teachings are of a non-duality base. It is interesting, and yes have enjoyed these teachings as well. But decided I wanted to experience all that I could in this density while we can as far as unconditional love, understanding our brother/sisters, and yes detachment when it hurts in my heart when seen on the matrix the pain and suffering of my brothers/sister may experience and causes resistance in my body and mind. It is a very unpleasant time while knowing in my heart it is the birth pain of the new and letting go of the old.

I have many toys, but I really see them just as toys. I don't really have friends because I do not build enough attachment with people. Even my wife and I, we are together because we know we have many things to learn from being with each others. There is no neediness.

Yet for me these things came from taking that great leap of faith into the unknown. To the point of releasing my small will to that of the One Creator (obviously, that is still just me from a much higher perspective).

So there was no control. Just release and acceptance.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Dtris - 08-25-2021

Found a couple relevant parts of sessions to this discussion while reading today.

1982 April 4 Wrote:I am Hatonn, and I greet you again, my brothers and sisters, in the love and in the light of the infinite Creator. My friends, it is often difficult to find the stimulation to proceed forward. Inspiration seems to wax and wane and yet the path is ever present. It is quite easy to become discouraged, to feel that one is willingly falling by the wayside when the lack of inspiration seems to encourage one’s feet to tarry or to stumble or even to stop. My friends, my loved ones, discouragement, anticipation, joy, and depression are all emotions. They are but tools that you may call upon in your quest for growth and learning.

Therefore, when you sense discouragement, disillusionment, perceive these emotions for what they are. They are the instruments which are available for your use to evaluate your progression, to adjust, if necessary, those facets of your being that appear to be retarding your progression, and, most important of all, they may be used to detect, to discern those areas within which adjustments of perception must be accomplished that your growth may continue.

Therefore, when these emotions become evident to you, experience and discern that which is being revealed. But just as one would not, in a suddenly non-functioning motor vehicle, state to oneself, “I am a dead car,” do not take the identity of the tool upon your self with the acceptance in the manner of, “I am discouraged.” Rather, experience the sensation with the awareness of, “I sense discouragement within my self,” and make use of this powerful tool to further your striving.

1982 April 11th Wrote:M: Yes. I have a friend that is disgustingly happy all the time, and she doesn’t seem to have much depth. Now, I don’t know whether or not to envy her happiness or whether I feel sorry for her because she takes everything, what seems to me, lightly or maybe it’s because I’m not as happy. Is her happiness good or not?

I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my sister. We can respond to this query most helpfully, we believe, by suggesting that the response depends upon one’s point of view. In truth, it has been said there is no right or wrong, no good or evil, but only the experience of the Creator by the Creator. Each entity [as] a portion of the one Creator incarnates to learn certain lessons. Some lessons require the application of a great amount of what you might call pain and difficult experience in order to get the attention, shall we say, of the self which is attempting these lessons. Other lessons may not require so great an application of the pain. It cannot be said without knowing the full scope of an entity’s preincarnative choices whether the entity is learning the lessons programmed, or whether these lessons are being ignored, or whether they have indeed been learned. There are an infinite array of lessons, of portions of the one Creator and experiences available within the one creation. Each is a portion of the Creator, and is experienced by the Creator.

May we answer you further, my sister?

M: No. I think you have answered the question.

I am Latwii. Is there another question at this time?

M: Maybe you can tell me a little bit more about her. She paints happy faces on everybody around her and [that] makes her happy, and is she ignoring the misery around her or is it a good idea to paint happy faces on people?

I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my sister. Again we must respond by suggesting that it is not possible to say whether an action such as this is good or not good, but can only be seen as an experience of the Creator in which lessons are being attempted. Within your illusion each entity has his or her own set of biases, of preferences, of their definitions of what is good and what is not good. These are an illusion, as we have said, for there is no good or evil in truth, but these are necessary illusions to provide the catalyst for growth among your peoples. As you meet entities in your daily round of activities such as this entity, you shall view such an entity through the framework of your own preferences and biases. You shall, therefore, interact with this entity in a manner which does then produce a catalyst for experience and growth. You shall see the entity in such and such a manner, and the entity shall see you likewise. This shall produce an interchange and interplay of thoughts, ideas, behaviors and feelings for both of you and those surrounding you. All of these thoughts and feelings shall either add to the biases which you have, or shall in some way produce the balancing effect, so that that concept which is known to you as judgment is evened or smoothed in its effect and acceptance of the other self. The other self’s behavior and your own self is then aided, for this is the greatest lesson of your illusion, the acceptance of all entities including yourself, the acceptance of all experience, for all is the experience of the one Creator.

M: Well, I’m not sure. I think I would like to find some of her happiness, but I don’t particularly like shallowness if it has to go with it. Can happiness and shallowness be separated?

I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my sister. We may suggest that those distortions which you have called happiness and shallowness are two facets of the jewel of the one creation and Creator, and are not greater or lesser than any other experience. Each then does provide a lesson. All lessons aid the Creator in knowing Itself, and aid each portion of the Creator in knowing the Creator.

M: Well, if she’s getting as much out of it as I am, then I think I would like to have some of her happiness. From what you’re telling me, she’s accomplishing just as much. Am I understanding that correctly?

I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my sister. Depending upon one’s point of view, this is entirely correct. It is difficult to know whether an entity is accomplishing what it set out to accomplish before its incarnation during its incarnation, but whether or not lessons are learned, there is an infinity of time for each entity to learn all lessons and all lessons are lessons which aid the Creator and the entity.

M: No. I think you have answered the question at this time as much as I can understand.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Nomadic Mike - 08-25-2021

I'm reminded of a quote from a philosopher I'm overly fond of.

“Only those are happy who never think or, rather, who only think about life's bare necessities, and to think about such things means not to think at all. True thinking resembles a demon who muddies the spring of life or a sickness which corrupts its roots. To think all the time, to raise questions, to doubt your own destiny, to feel the weariness of living, to be worn out to the point of exhaustion by thoughts and life, to leave behind you, as symbols of your life's drama, a trail of smoke and blood - all this means you are so unhappy that reflection and thinking appear as a curse causing a violent revulsion in you.” ― Emil Cioran, On the Heights of Despair

(08-25-2021, 08:08 PM)Dtris Wrote: Found a couple relevant parts of sessions to this discussion while reading today.

1982 April 4 Wrote:...just as one would not, in a suddenly non-functioning motor vehicle, state to oneself, “I am a dead car,” do not take the identity of the tool upon your self with the acceptance in the manner of, “I am discouraged.” Rather, experience the sensation with the awareness of, “I sense discouragement within my self,” and make use of this powerful tool to further your striving.

Good analogy! A car analogy too! The best ones!  BigSmile

It seems silly to me now to think: "I am sad".  Angel

Thanks Hatonn for dumbing it down for us.  Heart

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Dtris - 08-26-2021

(08-25-2021, 09:05 PM)Patrick Wrote: Good analogy! A car analogy too! The best ones!  BigSmile

It seems silly to me now to think: "I am sad".  Angel

Thanks Hatonn for dumbing it down for us.  Heart

Hatonn has a wonderful way of making things understandable. I started a while ago reading from the earliest transcripts and the material most certainly builds upon previous sessions and slowly adds complexity. For anyone having trouble understanding the Ra material starting with the earliest transcripts and reading Ra in the context of the other sessions is really a different experience.