Bring4th
Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Happiness... impossible or inevitable (/showthread.php?tid=19445)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 08-26-2021

I have much to learn in the area that Q'uo is talking about here.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1994/1994_0529.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Simply to say, “All things are love and love casts out fear,” is in almost all cases inadequate. Perhaps one entity might hear and understand in a moment of realization that truly love casts out fear, but to the ailing spirit, such encouragement usually is received as if it simply constituted another pressure which was painful, the feelings of inadequacy and helplessness continuing and perhaps even growing. It is well to be humble and silent before or in the face of the temptation to overstate or speak too much. However, there are an infinite number of ways to create within the self of the healer that dynamic balance to forgiveness and love which may far better speak to the spiritually ill.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Bosphorus1982 - 08-26-2021

Our happy ending is inevitable, according to Conversations with God Smile

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Nikki - 08-26-2021

(08-26-2021, 08:44 AM)Patrick Wrote: I have much to learn in the area that Q'uo is talking about here.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1994/1994_0529.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Simply to say, “All things are love and love casts out fear,” is in almost all cases inadequate. Perhaps one entity might hear and understand in a moment of realization that truly love casts out fear, but to the ailing spirit, such encouragement usually is received as if it simply constituted another pressure which was painful, the feelings of inadequacy and helplessness continuing and perhaps even growing. It is well to be humble and silent before or in the face of the temptation to overstate or speak too much. However, there are an infinite number of ways to create within the self of the healer that dynamic balance to forgiveness and love which may far better speak to the spiritually ill.

For myself too, will embrace this quote and reconcile within, It is another understanding of brothers and sisters contributing to experience of the truth of unconditional love for all. Great teaching, thanks Patrick.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Margan - 08-26-2021

(08-24-2021, 04:12 PM)Patrick Wrote: I'm not sure if happiness is an emotion for me. Rather it's when nothing is in the way. The energy, the catalysts, life, all just flows. So it's an absence, maybe an absence of blockages. Maybe happiness is not a thing while unhappiness is the one that exists. So absence of unhappiness is happiness? If that makes any sense. Smile

A wise man once said
You need nothing to be happy.
You need something to be sad Smile

(08-26-2021, 08:48 AM)Bosphorus1982 Wrote: Our happy ending is inevitable, according to Conversations with God Smile

Lol we have a brand of toilet paper that is called "happy ending" - the name always cracks me up BigSmile

I wish I could push that "like" button on all your posts my dear friends! So much beauty ! But I am a bit traumatized by my "Likes Given" counter at the moment, so I might never again use the "like" button. You can all just assume I like all your posts. Wink

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Nikki - 08-26-2021

(08-26-2021, 09:12 AM)Patrick Wrote: I wish I could push that "like" button on all your posts my dear friends! So much beauty ! But I am a bit traumatized by my "Likes Given" counter at the moment, so I might never again use the "like" button. You can all just assume I like all your posts. Wink

There is nothing wrong with resonating with another's opinions or post. Again it is a choice, I choose to use it, it is not like there are really any other options. For self, it feels too quiet when they are not being used. It shows that there is interaction between posters. If I do not get a like, that is OK, or if I do I look at it as movement within the forum. Sometimes you may not want to post, "I Agree", "like" works. You have been here what 10 years? You never had a problem with those who liked your posts, now you do - why is that? You are funny "traumatized" by the "Likes Given". BigSmile

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Margan - 08-26-2021

(08-26-2021, 11:26 AM)Nikki Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 09:12 AM)Patrick Wrote: I wish I could push that "like" button on all your posts my dear friends! So much beauty ! But I am a bit traumatized by my "Likes Given" counter at the moment, so I might never again use the "like" button. You can all just assume I like all your posts. Wink

There is nothing wrong with resonating with another's opinions or post.  Again it is a choice, I choose to use it, it is not like there are really any other options.  For self, it feels too quiet when they are not being used.  It shows that there is interaction between posters.  If I do not get a like, that is OK, or if I do I look at it as movement within the forum.  Sometimes you may not want to post, "I Agree", "like" works.  You have been here what 10 years?  You never had a problem with those who liked your posts, now you do - why is that?    You are funny "traumatized" by the "Likes Given".   BigSmile

Since you mention "balancing" - do you want to apply to the "like" button as well? so that means you will post no further "likes " until your likes recieved match your likes given? BigSmile

Edit: I just liked your post so we can get there sooner Tongue

Pssst.... I do have a like distortion as well.... sometimes when my likes are irregular numbers I eagerly await for someone to give some like to that they will be "regular" again... or I will give likes... oh wait I have given 615... will have to give one more so it is 616 and that is a better number Blush

Yeah I'll probably start using it again at some point. I have this love/hate relationship with that button. Smile

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - jafar - 08-26-2021

(08-25-2021, 04:10 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 02:52 PM)Ming the Merciful Wrote: ...part of the process of the evolutionary transition would be controlling our Emotional States. Being attached to your emotions is lack of development, because we are still allowing the Gross Mind to be in control.

I don't see this as controlling my emotions. I see it as just detachment from my emotions. I am the observer, but the emotion is not to be controlled, all emotions are always valid. It's just that I understand controlling my emotions as repressing them.

So for me detachment does not involve control, but rather it involves acceptance and realizing that I am not my emotions, I am that which perceives the emotions.

Yes this is the key.
I'm not the avatar, I'm the one who are observing the avatar and his/her/it's experience and how he/she/it reacted to the experience.

The 'moment' that makes me realize this is when I observed a friend with eyes stuck to his mobile phone, screaming "Arrrggh, they're all shooting at ME!". "Dude! nobody is shooting at you, what are you talking about?" "In the game man... they're shooting at me in the game". It seems my friend is so immersive on the game that he started to IDENTITY himself as that character in the game.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong to be so immersive either, it just a matter of choice.
But remembering that there's an option to DIS-IDENTIFY will always be an advantage, on certain moments, especially when things get rough..... in the game...

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - 369Epsilon89/99 - 09-24-2021

Happiness is love, love is source. Suffering IS NOT A VIRTUE. It is simply the obstacle we navigate on the path home, and the stone against which we sharpen our love. In the end, it is joy that retains its intrinsic value while suffering is just a temporary state that serves as a catalyst for growth. Do not yet anyone convince you that suffering is a virtue and that joy is of little value. That is an insidious trap.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - KaliSouth - 10-22-2021

(08-24-2021, 12:25 PM)Patrick Wrote: Pain is inevitable. Suffering is always just around the corner. Issues happens no matter what.

Is happiness then impossible?

The quest for happiness has been a thing since the invention of the veil. It seems to me that the veil might have been invented so that happiness can be lost and found. Is then finding happiness and piercing the veil the very same thing?

It looks like the quest for happiness is ineluctably linked to the quest for balancing. They are the same. The purpose of life is the balancing?

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2002/2002_0809.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Question from T1: The question today is about pain and suffering, as I am experiencing pain in my nerves around the right side of my waist that leaves me sleepless and concerned about my future virility and health. Why do traumas such as pain and disease occur so often in the lives of spiritually sincere and seeking people? I know I’m a kind soul, so why would I or my higher self include pain in life? His Holiness the Dali Lama said the purpose of life is to be in happiness. I deeply agree with that. Some philosophy books taught us that pains would help us grow. I just don’t feel comfortable with such thinking. Should I just communicate with my higher self and say, “Just tell me what to do to make you and us happy? Spare me from such a thing.”...

...we may look at that which the one known as T2 spoke of, in the conversation preceding this meditation, which was that the one known as the Dalai Lama Spoke of being in joy, being in happiness, not necessarily the cause of any perceived catalyst but because the being itself was in that state. This is a challenging concept to one who assumes that, in order to be happy, one must be safe, comfortable and secure. The one known as Elkins frequently said to this instrument, when it was alive in incarnation in this density, “Happiness is not an objective.” By this, that entity meant that the state of being happy had little to do with the state of one’s spiritual awakening. However, as the Dalai Lama is perceived by us to have used the word, happiness, there is more of the expression of an abiding and universal state of mind which is bliss or joy; not happiness that is the result of a comfortable life but happiness, joy or bliss that is the result of having found the center of the self, found the point of balance within the self and thusly found the peace of a certain degree of self-understanding so that the self is at peace with the self and is able to release all fear.

The one known as T1, in wondering why there must be pain and suffering, is absolutely accurate in feeling that it is not necessary to suffer and have pain. However, it is almost inevitable, for the simple reason that change is inevitable, and the process of change is uncomfortable to almost all entities.

Now, as the one known as Ra has said, the energy of the self is first that of the mind. Catalyst comes first to the mind. The body is the secondary receiver of catalyst, and it receives that catalyst which the mind does not balance. Those who do achieve a state of bliss, joy, peace, realization or happiness in the sense the Dalai Lama used, achieve this state because they have been able to use the catalyst in such a way that the value of the catalyst is honored, the response of the self is known and honored, and those areas within which the self feels it needs more discipline are addressed...

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2019/2019_1013.aspx Q`uo Wrote:Questioner: Q’uo, I’d like to build upon the question about positive catalyst. Can catalyst be something happy and not necessarily always the 2x4 to the head, and if so, is there some balancing that’s needed for that, or is that just easily accepted and therefore not necessary to balance?

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. The quality of happiness is one which is quite subjective in the experience of entities upon your planet, for if you look at the variety of entities that you meet within your daily round of experience, and ask each what would make them happy, you would find a great range of examples that might cause happiness in some, but not in others. There is happiness that comes from taking advantage of others and succeeding in getting what they have, and using it for one’s own self in the negative polarity. In the neutral polarity, or lack of polarity, happiness may come from winning a lottery, from buying a new car, from digging a garden and planting it, from anything that one can imagine.

Thus, we recommend that one look at the experience of happiness as that which also might be balanced to one’s benefit, so that the happiness which may have its antithesis as sadness, be seen as transitory experiences of the nature of your reality and of your own being. As one then sees a new level of happiness, perhaps emerging within one that is more spiritually oriented, the happiness of the feeling of love unconditional for all those about one, the happiness of seeking the One at each moment of one’s existence, the happiness of feeling love for all of the creation, and so forth.

Thus, we would suggest that each seeker of truth look not just at that which makes one happy, but at that which is at the heart of the happiness—is it that which is transitory, that which is infinite, that which is enduring, that which is ennobling?—and thus be moved by the nature of what causes happiness, so that that quality may be balanced in one’s own being...

Happiness is inevitable and very personal just as eventually reaching a minimal balance is inevitable and very personal for all entities. The perfect balance being a different configuration for each.

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1986/1986_0629.aspx Hatonn Wrote:...Spiritual joy can be a frightening thing, for it is a joy which has its roots in a love that is mysterious, for it is the manifestation of a sense of the Creator which is mysterious. You may experience joy, but it is an unknown joy, an unspeakable joy, a happiness which is both silent and creative. In this regard we encourage you to remember that anything at which you look is not only the Creator but is also less than the Creator.

We are fond of paradoxes, are we not? Let us clarify. The Creator is not only each tree, each stone, each bird, and each conscious entity. It is also the mystery that created these things. It is the invisible, the infinite. Why does it say in your holy works that the trees clap their hands and the mountains dance like rams? Does the Creator play so? You may look at it that way, but it is also possible to recognize the signs of worship and praise of a Creator that infuses all with love and joy.

My friends, you are far more complex than trees and hills, and within yourselves you have many, many beings interpenetrating each other, communicating with each other, and forming one whole and conscious hologram of the Creator. And yet there is also that mystery which you seek that is beyond and within your consciousness. As you approach what you call your Independence Day, we ask you to gaze many times at the concept of freedom, for there are many metaphysical systems which indulge in a hedonism that suggests that the Creator shall be used as a panacea to achieve happiness, prosperity, health and all manner of positive and comfortable things. We suggest to you that true happiness is often quite uncomfortable and yet so exhilarating that once having been experienced, it shall be the way you seek to manifest love.

Love one another, my friends. Serve one another. And find your freedom, your joy, and your peace.

We ask your pardon for causing what we so enjoy, the sensations of third-density incarnation. You are so rich, my friends. Feel it. Such a wealth of things to hear and see and taste and smell and feel and all things servants to you, there for your learning, your contemplation and your discretion. Open, then, the doors of your heart and love each other, and you will find yourself loving all manner of things and finding the life that you serve in the veriest blade of grass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJvBfoHDk0&t=5m10s

Beautifully put, Patrick. 

The mind is there to play with you and bring you back into the illusion, but the illusion is here to help you make the choice of which path you take back to the Creator. Whichever path one takes, it becomes clear eventually that the dark works for the light. So in the end, there is only happiness because happiness is the truth of who we are, and the truth of who we are is love.

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 12-15-2021

Happiness is our nature. Know thyself.

Since happiness is what we are, why do we not experience happiness all the time ?

Great answers by Rupert Spira in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhYKqblybXs&t=10m16s

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 12-15-2021

Sadhguru.

On this planet, the way we use our faculty of memory or our faculty of imagination is making us suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7irEcQHChw&t=49m24s

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - Patrick - 12-18-2021

He uses the word pleasantness here instead of happiness/joy. Maybe that makes it easier to communicate that concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpPUZy11CI&t=1m12s

RE: Happiness... impossible or inevitable - unity100 - 01-08-2022

Everything is inevitable. Since without one, the other does not even exist. The 'two opposites' of anything is just the separated state of a whole. And all the infinite small wholes together constitute infinity.

When everything is combined, it ends up in total tranquility.

However...

Because infinity cannot be totally tranquil and it must also be equally intranquil, it all ends up in mystery. But then again, infinity must also be obvious, so...

In the long journey there we pass through all kinds of different states and balances, happiness, suffering, etc. Each of them come and pass, are valid and they complement each other.

However, looking at the state of this planet, its civilization and the societies within it, there definitely needs to be much more happiness for the balance seems to be too toppled towards the suffering side...