Bring4th
Definition of love - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: What is Love? (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Definition of love (/showthread.php?tid=19467)

Pages: 1 2

Definition of love - Anders - 09-18-2021

I like to start with defining love. Oxford Languages gives these definitions:
  1. an intense feeling of deep affection. "babies fill parents with feelings of love"
  2. a great interest and pleasure in something. "his love for football"
  3. feel deep affection for (someone). "he loved his sister dearly"
  4. like or enjoy very much. "I just love dancing"
My own definition is:
  • Definition: Love is wholeness in harmony.
Of course then the terms 'wholeness' and 'harmony' need to be defined. At some point the definitions have to finalized or it becomes an endless regression, or even circular as in "what is the definition of definition?". I may try to unpack my simple definition in later posts.

Ra uses the term distortion in relation to love:

Quote:"15.21 Questioner: Well, in yesterday’s material you stated “we offer the Law of One, the solving of paradoxes.” You also mentioned earlier that the first paradox, or the first distortion I meant, was the distortion of free will. Could you tell me if there’s a sequence? Is there a first, second, third, fourth distortion of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. Only up to a very short point. After this point, the many-ness of distortions are equal one to another. The first distortion, free will, finds focus. This is the second distortion known to you as Logos, the Creative Principle or Love. This intelligent energy thus creates a distortion known as Light. From these three distortions come many, many hierarchies of distortions, each having its own paradoxes to be synthesized, no one being more important than another."

My interpretation is that reality is a wholeness in progress. There is always evolution into higher densities, into more inclusive and complex manifestations and in that sense manifested reality becomes more whole and unified over time, and in that way less distorted. The Logos is already complete I think only in umanifested form and the manifested form will always be a lesser albeit improving distortion of the complete Logos. That evolutionary pull into more harmonized wholeness is love as I see it.

RE: Definition of love - Margan - 09-18-2021

Yes we should never forget that the universe was created out of love and thus love is the underlying principle that permeates all.
what we know as "romantic love" is but a feeble representation of the greater all encompassing whole. To me the best sort of love is one that arises spontaneously, without even having a reason.... have you felt that too?
In some moments when there is simply that feeling of love and along with it comes happiness.

RE: Definition of love - Nikki - 09-18-2021

When I was first introduced to a love beyond what we have known on earth, did a goggle search and it was indicated that the word love was the most searched for word in the history of the web in 2012. It came up with romantic, family, friendship, etc. Not even close.

Love is everything you think it is and so much more. It is state of being, a vibration, in all things and alive or not. It is what we consider consciousness, we are that. It is what connects all life as one. We have been created in love to serve existence in love. Love is what some call God, the Creator, The Source, etc. It is All There Is, All That Ever Was and All That Will Ever Be.

I have been busy reading the book entitled "Voices of the Confederation" by Don Elkins and Carla L. Rueckert - highly recommend. On page 124 it states:
"There is only one single, simple Thought behind it all (creation). This Thought is the original Thought of the creation. In your language this thought is expressed as love. This word most closely approaches the concept, although it is totally inadequate for an expression of the love that is the creation."

So what is love? No words could ever express the true meaning of love of creation. From this statement see that, it can only be experienced in upper vibrations and in the simple original Thought of the creation. To self, this is the true creation of our reality, nothing else makes any sense. Feel most humans may have glimpses of this Thought but to experience is a search deep within, a search for truth.

Love is in all words and thoughts. These words/thoughts are the song of a wonderer, dancing and singing to the Creator. The Creator loves to sing, dance and have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6JL4SmBwo

Love is

Hard to get
Impossible to hold
Straight and narrow
Like a burning fuse
In a long cold dawn
By the side of the road
A hopeless case
A perfect thing

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

I close my eyes
Search the stars
Call for help
Wake up cold
You're in my system
Under my skin
Raw emotion
Please don't go

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

Can't live on promises
Won't sleep at night
Don't understand the things you say
Till I read them in your eyes
Got to run on instinct
Got to go by feel
Got to trust my senses
Know it is for real

Can't live on promises
Won't sleep at night
Got to run on instinct
Got to go by feel
Got to trust my senses

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

Love is ( love is )
Love is ( love is )
Show me

RE: Definition of love - Dtris - 09-18-2021

What is love?
Baby Don't Hurt me.
Don't hurt me,
No more.

Seriously though. The best way I can describe love is simply creation. When you love something you create, whether that be music, or drawing, or painting, or any other pursuit. Creating is love.

RE: Definition of love - Anders - 09-18-2021

Service-to-self is a form of love that is limited and service-to-others is love that is more expansive, more inclusive and produces a larger wholeness in harmony.

There is an important distinction which is that in order for service-to-others to be a wholeness in harmony oneself must be included, and self-sacrifice should be in service to all. Even Jesus Christ who sacrificed himself to save all of humanity also by doing so saved himself. The One doesn't sacrifice itself.

To serve others is to serve yourself. To serve yourself is to serve others. We are all one, you cannot do for one and not do for another or yourself. In the book mentioned above, this is part of the teachings. There seems to be separation and that one way is good and another is wrong. The Confederation serves humanity which in turn serves them as well. The Creator loves all humans equally, no matter what we do or do not do. Realize it is hard to comprehend but it is freedom when we realize all are equal in the heart of the Creator. This does not mean that hurting others is acceptable but they are still loved and are love.

More thoughts to add to your great thread Anders.

RE: Definition of love - Anders - 09-19-2021

(09-18-2021, 07:31 PM)Nikki Wrote: To serve others is to serve yourself.  To serve yourself is to serve others.  We are all one, you cannot do for one and not do for another or yourself.  In the book mentioned above, this is part of the teachings.  There seems to be separation and that one way is good and another is wrong.  The Confederation serves humanity which in turn serves them as well.  The Creator loves all humans equally, no matter what we do or do not do.  Realize it is hard to comprehend but it is freedom when we realize all are equal in the heart of the Creator.  This does not mean that hurting others is acceptable but they are still loved and are love.

More thoughts to add to your great thread Anders.

Ra says something similar, for example in 18.13: "All serve the One Creator. There is nothing else to serve, for the Creator is all that there is. It is impossible not to serve the Creator. There are simply various distortions of this service."

So one way of looking at it is that service-to-self is a worse distortion than service-to-others, and the less distortion the larger wholeness in harmony.

RE: Definition of love - Serveou - 09-19-2021

I saw this thread and I immediately wanted to contemplate the meaning of love in my morning meditation. I do not think that I am a wanderer so I do not have an intuitive deeper meaning to give for love but here are some things that came to me during my contemplation.

Love is softness.
Love is kindness.
Love is acceptance.
Love is openheartedness.
Love is sharing.
Love is giving without expectation of return.
Love is caring.
Love is respecting other peoples freewill.
Love is forgiveness.

These came to me during my short contemplation. Might be pretty obvious to someone but I think it was good for me at least to contemplate love because sometimes love is taken for granted and it is good to remind the self what it takes to create love. This was also beneficial for me I think because I am a cashier at a local supermarket and I meet hundreds of people everyday with different backgrounds and worldviews. I try to include these in my everyday encounters with my other selfs.

RE: Definition of love - pat19989 - 09-19-2021

(09-18-2021, 06:50 PM)Dtris Wrote: What is love?
Baby Don't Hurt me.
Don't hurt me,
No more.

Seriously though. The best way I can describe love is simply creation. When you love something you create, whether that be music, or drawing, or painting, or any other pursuit. Creating is love.

Hahaha somebody had to do it

https://youtu.be/3rzgrP7VA_Q

I see love as that indescribable peace behind the madness. When thoughts and feelings subside and we feel that true bliss of creation, that is love. People can bring us there, as can anything that we say we 'love'

RE: Definition of love - meadow-foreigner - 09-19-2021

I differ from mainstream dictionary definitions in this regard. To me, Love, considering the Law of One concept/context of Logos, more closely resembles an ever-flowing fractal structure, geometrically toroidal. From it begets duality (or the distortion of different gradations of Light) and henceforth all of the known dual creation.

I may expand further on this definition if I'm asked to.

RE: Definition of love - Nikki - 09-19-2021

(09-19-2021, 05:40 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: I differ from mainstream dictionary definitions in this regard. To me, Love, considering the Law of One concept/context of Logos, more closely resembles an ever-flowing fractal structure, geometrically toroidal. From it begets duality (or the distortion of different gradations of Light) and henceforth all of the known dual creation.

Meadow-foreigner, interested in your expansion of the definition of love.

RE: Definition of love - Brandon Gwinn - 09-19-2021

Trying to define Love is like trying to let water out of an infinite balloon until it fits into finite containers. Attempts at definition can still be useful though to guide one to a subjective experience and realization. Here's my shot at it. I suggest reading each word quickly, allowing them to grace your mind, not spending too much time or holding onto any one so as not to exhaust yourself. You can come back later and ponder each one which speaks to you:
Love is Light and Light is Love. It's radiant, warm, glowing, incandescent, luminous, numinous, attractive, revealing, guiding, lively, happy, comforting, joyful, peaceful, healing, unifying, powerful, gentle, inspiring, consuming, colorful, beautiful, intelligent, infinite, immanent, transcendent, free, resonating, vibrating, cycling, reciprocating, oscillating, sharing, understanding, agreeing, accepting, creating, forgiving, caring, empathetic, transforming, graceful, wise, brave, daring, courageous, spontaneous, mysterious, animating, motivating, serene, sublime, clear, awesome, invigorating, exuberant, refreshing, cleansing, purifying, splendid, jolly, gleeful, harmonious, gleaming, brilliant, lustrous, golden, sparkling, pearly, wispy, dancing, singing, expressive, confident, delightful, wonderful, laughing, exciting, supportive, enduring, perfect, communing, magical, enrapturing, exhilarating, ecstatic, energetic, flowing, fluid, dynamic, adaptable, present, conscious, alive, responsive, interactive, consoling, playful, mending, substantial, enlivening, charming, enchanting, lucid, amazing, meditative, contemplative, simple, complex, intricate, delicate, sensitive, knowing, believing, faithful, true....etc. etc. etc. Lol. Love is ALL.

RE: Definition of love - schubert - 09-19-2021

i like teal swan's take, "To love something is to take it as part of yourself."
https://tealswan.com/resources/articles/what-is-love-r241/

RE: Definition of love - Infinite - 09-20-2021

Limiting myself to the context of LOO, I would say that although Ra said that the word has two meanings, in the material I find three:

Quote:The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love; the distortion Love being the great activator and primal co-Creator of various creations using intelligent infinity; the vibration love being that density in which those who have learned to do an activity called “loving” without significant distortion, then seek the ways of light or wisdom. Thus in vibratory sense love comes into light in the sense of the activity of unity in its free will. Love uses light and has the power to direct light in its distortions. Thus vibratory complexes recapitulate in reverse the creation in its unity, thus showing the rhythm or flow of the great heartbeat, if you will use this analogy.
(27.13)

Quote:The root cause of blockage is the lack of the ability to see the other-self as the Creator, or to phrase this differently, the lack of love.
(87.21)

Therefore, the definition of love is threefold: the second distortion of the Law of the One; the vibration of fourth density; and the ability to see other-selves as the Creator.

RE: Definition of love - Brandon Gwinn - 09-20-2021

(09-19-2021, 06:12 AM)Serveou Wrote: I saw this thread and I immediately wanted to contemplate the meaning of love in my morning meditation. I do not think that I am a wanderer so I do not have an intuitive deeper meaning to give for love but here are some things that came to me during my contemplation.

Love is softness.
Love is kindness.
Love is acceptance.
Love is openheartedness.
Love is sharing.
Love is caring.
Love is forgiveness.

These came to me during my short contemplation. Might be pretty obvious to someone but I think it was good for me at least to contemplate love because sometimes love is taken for granted and it is good to remind the self what it takes to create love. This was also beneficial for me I think because I am a cashier at a local supermarket and I meet hundreds of people everyday with different backgrounds and worldviews. I try to include these in my everyday encounters with my other selfs.

You know, having that type of self-honesty and humility to say I don't think I'm a wanderer may be indicative of actually being a wanderer- if not ET, then maybe an awakened Earth wanderer.

RE: Definition of love - MonadicSpectrum - 09-20-2021

My favorite definition of love from 1 Corinthians 13:

Quote:If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

RE: Definition of love - Serveou - 09-21-2021

(09-20-2021, 12:32 PM)Brandon Gwinn Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:12 AM)Serveou Wrote: I saw this thread and I immediately wanted to contemplate the meaning of love in my morning meditation. I do not think that I am a wanderer so I do not have an intuitive deeper meaning to give for love but here are some things that came to me during my contemplation.

Love is softness.
Love is kindness.
Love is acceptance.
Love is openheartedness.
Love is sharing.
Love is caring.
Love is forgiveness.

You know, having that type of self-honesty and humility to say I don't think I'm a wanderer may be indicative of actually being a wanderer- if not ET, then maybe an awakened Earth wanderer.

Thanks for saying that! Smile I just have this impression that wanderers most often experience these so called 'close encounters' and have some intuitive advantage in all things spiritual that I don't have. I did see a humanoid being standing at the end of my bed in one of my dreams (if that even was a dream) right after I had started seeking and I have seen some weird things in the sky that I thought were UFO's but I cannot confirm nor deny it. I have just always been interested in space and extraterrestial life and supernatural phenomena for as long as I can remember. But when it comes to these fancy spiritual phenomena that people experience I just feel that I can't relate. Whatever the case may be, in my mind love comes first or at least that's what I'm trying to practise. And I apologise for everyone reading this for going off topic.

RE: Definition of love - Axiomaly - 09-21-2021

This is not the topic I imagined offering my first thoughts on in this wonderful group. Extremely profound topic, and I have the highest respect for everyone's opinion on the matter.

So, taking a risk, I offer this...

In giving what follows I'm radically simplifying/condensing all that love is down to something 'universally operational'.. putting it (love) under the 'metaphysical microscope' for the sake of a simpler, yet no less profound perspective...

Before I state it, though, I want to say that what I'm writing is definitely a condensed language form summation of something more profound than words can give any real meaning to... Nevertheless...

It is with simple words that i invite conception and consideration of Love in a more 'Universally Functional' manner...

Love is 'Willing Communication'

I'll expand with some 'qualifiers' while remaining as simple as the statement above, not opening it up too much more:

- When you Love something you want to give of yourself to it.

- When you Love something your Will/intention tends towards a focus upon the wellbeing of the 'other' thing (in the given context).

- If we are Mind/Consciousness, then our most precious/unique resource is our 'Selves'.. and so to Love something is to give of our Selves, selflessly - to pass on the best essence of one's Self in the most selfless manner.

And so, Loving communication, as I see it, binds us as we grow forth from the best aspect of the person/idea before us, inspired to be the best version/iteration of ourselves in any moment. Someone/thing who can then do the same for the benefit of (an)other and the All... and so on...

When I think of Love in this way I see it (Love) as, quite practically, the metaphysical glue that binds and builds the Universe/Everything.

RE: Definition of love - Nikki - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 07:22 AM)Serveou Wrote: Brandon Gwinn

Thanks for saying that! Smile I just have this impression that wanderers most often experience these so called 'close encounters' and have some intuitive advantage in all things spiritual that I don't have. I did see a humanoid being standing at the end of my bed in one of my dreams (if that even was a dream) right after I had started seeking and I have seen some weird things in the sky that I thought were UFO's but I cannot confirm nor deny it. I have just always been interested in space and extraterrestial life and supernatural phenomena for as long as I can remember. But when it comes to these fancy spiritual phenomena that people experience I just feel that I can't relate. Whatever the case may be, in my mind love comes first or at least that's what I'm trying to practise. And I apologise for everyone reading this for going off topic.

Serveou: It appears that you too have had close encounters.  Just because you may not remember, seeing crafts does change your life and one usually afterwards wants to know more, the search for truth begins.  The dreamer is the dream refers to your experience of a humanoid standing at the end of your bed.  They can actually stand right in front of you, have conversations and you will not remember. They are powerful light beings here to serve those who desire to experience the truth, all you have to do is ask from your heart.  We are all connected as one, no being can be a separate entity or is one better than another.  The spiritual phenomena that you claim you cannot relate to, is the self.  Nothing happens to you, it happens through you.  If you believe that you can't relate, it shall be,  the Creator will always give you what you desire, that is a law of creation, every being has a right to express themselves as they desire.  Change your thoughts dear friend and see your beauty unfold in love and understanding.  Sharing thoughts in love. Fire

RE: Definition of love - Nikki - 09-21-2021

(09-18-2021, 06:37 PM)Nikki Wrote: Love is in all words and thoughts.  These words/thoughts are the song of a wonderer, dancing and singing to the Creator.  The Creator loves to sing, dance and have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6JL4SmBwo

Hard to get
Impossible to hold
Straight and narrow
Like a burning fuse
In a long cold dawn
By the side of the road
A hopeless case
A perfect thing

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

I close my eyes
Search the stars
Call for help
Wake up cold
You're in my system
Under my skin
Raw emotion
Please don't go

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

Can't live on promises
Won't sleep at night
Got to run on instinct
Got to go by feel
Got to trust my senses
Know it is for real

Can't live on promises
Won't sleep at night
Got to run on instinct
Got to go by feel
Got to trust my senses

Love is ( love is )
What you want it to be
Love is ( love is )
Heaven to the lonely
Show me
What you want me to do
Cause love is
What I got for you

Love is ( love is )
Love is ( love is )
Show me

RE: Definition of love - meadow-foreigner - 09-21-2021

(09-19-2021, 06:21 PM)Nikki Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 05:40 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: I differ from mainstream dictionary definitions in this regard. To me, Love, considering the Law of One concept/context of Logos, more closely resembles an ever-flowing fractal structure, geometrically toroidal. From it begets duality (or the distortion of different gradations of Light) and henceforth all of the known dual creation.

Meadow-foreigner, interested in your expansion of the definition of love.

Very well.

Let us start from the beginning, from Ra's perspective:

Quote:13.5 Questioner: Thank you. Can you tell me of the first known thing in the creation?

Ra: I am Ra. The first known thing in the creation is infinity. The infinity is creation.

13.6 Questioner: From this infinity then must come what we experience as creation. What was the next step or the next evolvement?

Ra: I am Ra. Infinity became aware. This was the next step.

13.7 Questioner: After this, what came next?

Ra: I am Ra. Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.” The Creator is the focusing of infinity as an aware or conscious principle called by us as closely as we can create understanding/learning in your language, intelligent infinity.

So, from an undifferentiated infinity, there was this focusing as an aware/conscious principle.

A focusing implies, semantically, direction/orientation/purpose. We're in scales of infinity here, so the mental scope here ought to be in absolute terms. The closest the human mind can get to these far-fetched definitions lies within mathematics: geometry.

Quote:Q: If infinity is geometrically analog to a dot/sphere, encompassing all that there is, how could this have direction?
A: By establishing an organized flow within itself.

The moment that this infinity flows towards any given direction, everything else of itself will accommodate in motion to occupy the nexus that now has just gotten momentum within itself.

[Image: Toroid.gif]
Notwithstanding that, such motion has been occurring from all nexuses of perspective, whether the scales are micro and/or macro.

This can be termed as fractal (infinitely complex structure), such as the image below demonstrates:

[Image: 994890712c41a370aa5450dcde702782-w200.gif]
Each frame zoomed-in could be interpreted in infinitely different ways, such as the progression of time in a Universe.

Logos, therefore, is the ever-flowing fractal structure that has been occurring when the focusing of an aware/conscious infinity manifested itself in intelligent infinity, that is, infinity imbued with the high-most capability of Creation, synonymous and analog to that of the infinity itself, yet simultaneously distinct from the whole in the sense of the capability of the individualized nexus of consciousness.

Logos is the structure that fosters this capability in the first place, being both the uterus from which the nutrients nourish the individualized souls within and also the sperm which fertilizes these individualized souls in infinite possibilities of Creation, mediated by the Way of Choice and the choosing.

User Wrote:Wow, that is really something, isn't it? But why all these mental gymnastics to define something that we should feel with the heart, instead of trying to rationalize about it?

Perfectly valid question. The reason is: once you know how the game operates, you have more and better assets to perform and Create in this Universe.

It is important to know stuff with the heart as much as it is important to know with the mind. They are not mutually exclusive. Be resourceful. Be creative.

And, as always, the choice is yours.

RE: Definition of love - Spiritual Ronin - 09-21-2021

I want to add that love is a force. A Logos gives love in a form of what I believe to be Gravity. How else would 1D elemental energies be able to mingle in the first place. Gravity is an essential love of the universe.

RE: Definition of love - flofrog - 09-21-2021

clearly quite wonderful posts on this thread. Thank you Anders for starting it.

Referring to what meadow-foreigner mentioned from Ra, awareness leading to infinite energy to Logos/Love, to me, humbly, lol, its when I see no difference between me and the other Self, as a melting, and then all things come to, yes, this no difference, this melting.

RE: Definition of love - tadeus - 09-22-2021

https://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2020/2020_0118.aspx Wrote:My question is, it seems to me the central point of that is an attempt to seek love, and the intention to seek love, and not necessarily the successful finding of love in every moment. So, I’m wondering if, is the power that Ra talks about that builds in this attempt, is it necessary to find love for that power to build? Or is it just the attempt that empowers us? I was hoping that you could just elaborate on the difference between the attempt of finding love and the success of finding love.

Q’uo: I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. This query has a bearing upon each individual’s spiritual path, for within this third-density illusion it is the task of the seeker of truth to find that love in its essence, and in its experience in its daily round of activities.
The attempt to find love, rather than to be confused with anger or jealousy or disharmony, or any other emotion than love, is an attempt of purification of the perception of the seeker of truth. This is the foundation stone, this is the direction which has the most meaning for any seeker of truth. The attempt, then, is that which lays the framework for the seeker of truth to move and have its liveliness, shall we say, its vitality that is enhanced by the attempt. Each attempt, each intention, will produce some result, whether it is complete in its entirety of perceiving the love in the moment, is of little importance.
It is not necessary to be able to perceive the entirety of the love of the moment, for the love of the moment is infinite. It is not usually possible for any third-density seeker of truth to be able to perceive the entirety of the infinite love that exists in each moment. However, it is possible to intend to seek that love and to find what is available to one’s own abilities and perceptions.
Therefore, as you power the seeking of love by the attempt, the attempt, then, gains in the momentum, the intention, the quality of purity of the entity so seeking the love in the moment. This type of momentum, then, gains in its ability to receive or perceive more of that love as you move from moment to moment, gathering further momentum. This is the means by which each seeker of truth may empower its own seeking process.
This is necessary in order to realize that the intention is that which is of prime importance for such a journey of seeking. The intention, then, is the motivator of the momentum that builds as the intention continues to be exercised in each moment of experience.
This type of seeking is that which continues to purify the mental configuration of the seeker so that its daily seeking of love becomes a kind of meditation—a one-pointed meditation upon that love that is sought in each succeeding moment. This meditative state, then, is that which continues to offer to the seeker an increasing ability to apprehend more and more of that love that is in the moment, realizing that this is an infinite journey of seeking that one is upon.
Thus, the intention is all. The results of the intention will continue to grow and grow until the cells of the seeker’s body, mind, and spirit, are imbued with such resounding love that this type of love, then, beams as a beacon to all those about such a seeker of truth.

RE: Definition of love - Anders - 09-22-2021

It could be that Ra says that Intelligent Infinity is NOT a distortion. And Ra says that love IS a distortion. This is different from other teachings who define everything as love. I think Ra may have a good point in making this distinction that makes it valid to say that fear and hate are different from love.

Reality is already a wholeness. Everything can be illustrated as a container. There is only one such container for if there was something outside of it, it wouldn't contain everything. This one container is a wholeness and it contains seemingly separate and conflicting things like fear, hate and conflict which means that those non-love things too are a part of the wholeness. The difference is that the seemingly un-whole, the unholy things, are a part of a wholeness yes, but it's not wholeness in harmony like my definition of love.

RE: Definition of love - Nikki - 09-23-2021

(09-21-2021, 06:43 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: [quote="Nikki" pid="305684" dateline="1632090070"]
[quote="meadow-foreigner" pid="305682" dateline="1632087639"]

Perfectly valid question. The reason is: once you know how the game operates, you have more and better assets to perform and Create in this Universe.

It is important to know stuff with the heart as much as it is important to know with the mind. They are not mutually exclusive. Be resourceful. Be creative.

T

Thank you @meadow-foriegner.  The system would not let me leave "thank you" so wanted you to know that your reply is appreciated.   Blush

RE: Definition of love - meadow-foreigner - 09-23-2021

(09-23-2021, 03:42 PM)Nikki Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 06:43 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:21 PM)Nikki Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 05:40 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: Perfectly valid question. The reason is: once you know how the game operates, you have more and better assets to perform and Create in this Universe.

T

Thank you @meadow-foriegner.  The system would not let me leave "thank you" so wanted you to know that your reply is appreciated.   Blush
Glad to serve, @Nikki.  Blush

RE: Definition of love - aWanderer91 - 12-13-2021

(09-18-2021, 06:51 AM)Anders Wrote: I like to start with defining love. Oxford Languages gives these definitions:
  1. an intense feeling of deep affection. "babies fill parents with feelings of love"
  2. a great interest and pleasure in something. "his love for football"
  3. feel deep affection for (someone). "he loved his sister dearly"
  4. like or enjoy very much. "I just love dancing"
My own definition is:
  • Definition: Love is wholeness in harmony.
Of course then the terms 'wholeness' and 'harmony' need to be defined. At some point the definitions have to finalized or it becomes an endless regression, or even circular as in "what is the definition of definition?". I may try to unpack my simple definition in later posts.

Ra uses the term distortion in relation to love:

Quote:"15.21 Questioner: Well, in yesterday’s material you stated “we offer the Law of One, the solving of paradoxes.” You also mentioned earlier that the first paradox, or the first distortion I meant, was the distortion of free will. Could you tell me if there’s a sequence? Is there a first, second, third, fourth distortion of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. Only up to a very short point. After this point, the many-ness of distortions are equal one to another. The first distortion, free will, finds focus. This is the second distortion known to you as Logos, the Creative Principle or Love. This intelligent energy thus creates a distortion known as Light. From these three distortions come many, many hierarchies of distortions, each having its own paradoxes to be synthesized, no one being more important than another."

My interpretation is that reality is a wholeness in progress. There is always evolution into higher densities, into more inclusive and complex manifestations and in that sense manifested reality becomes more whole and unified over time, and in that way less distorted. The Logos is already complete I think only in umanifested form and the manifested form will always be a lesser albeit improving distortion of the complete Logos. That evolutionary pull into more harmonized wholeness is love as I see it.

Hi Anders,

I love your definition of this magical word, "love is wholeness in harmony".

My definition aligns closely to this. I would only add that I feel love is unconditional.

True love, to me, is unconditional and whole on its own. Anyone who has had an awakening of the green ray I'm sure has felt that pouring of unconditional love which can be quite overwhelming initially, the awe that can be felt as the creators love pours through is an extremely special experience. What struck me most is that this was the most powerful and primordial form of love. I loved everything for no reason, but to love.

Thank you for a great and insightful post!

RE: Definition of love - zaramareis - 12-27-2021

Thanks for you all your replies :- )

I've been meditating on the concept of 'universal love' lately from a direction that I believe is aligned with LOO.

I stumbled onto it via two directions:

1. Pondering social causes, quality, lack of discrimination, I realized that the most important point is to simply support everyone to experience life as they see fit, an ultimate cause a la Buddhism or Service-to-Others and the universe
  2. Experimenting with specific inspired well-wishing for certain kinds of bliss that are fun to imaginatively offer, realizing that, hey, if they don't want this, maybe I'd love to wish for the fulfillment of their other desires, needs, fantasies, and dreams for the highest good and with divine balance (and if they don't accept any of these warm-wishes, may the energy go where it's welcome and appreciated).  Refining a rather particular metta-wish and noticing the subtle differences in feeling was interesting.

Eventually it hit me that, doh, this is essentially a view/distortion of universal love: the wish for everyone to experience life as they see fit.

This seems to fit with the primary distortion of free will -- the law of confusion. 

For while I can support you, I cannot know for you how you want to and choose to experience existence.

Quote:27.12 Questioner: I would like for you to define love in the sense— in its sense as the second distortion.

Ra: I am Ra. This must be defined against the background of intelligent infinity or unity or the One Creator with the primal distortion of free will. The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes intelligent energy to be formed from the potential of intelligent infinity in just such and such a way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshiped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.

And love in action is the choice of how to support Universe in flourishing as it wishes.  The direction of free will!

I find it interesting that in LOO the law of confusion comes first.  As I've noticed that love seems to imply liberty, for love involves cherishing your directionality and supporting it ?.  Maybe this is because "everyone" and "individuation" as in my conception/distortion of Love require the law of confusion, already Undecided Wink Cowboy

It also seems that the passages meadow-foreigner shares suggest a conception of Love sans law of confusion (and thus also without self and other-selves)?  Perhaps the ordering is not so crucial, however ?.

(09-21-2021, 06:43 PM)meadow-foreigner Wrote: Let us start from the beginning, from Ra's perspective:

Quote:13.5 Questioner: Thank you. Can you tell me of the first known thing in the creation?

Ra: I am Ra. The first known thing in the creation is infinity. The infinity is creation.

13.6 Questioner: From this infinity then must come what we experience as creation. What was the next step or the next evolvement?

Ra: I am Ra. Infinity became aware. This was the next step.

13.7 Questioner: After this, what came next?

Ra: I am Ra. Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.” The Creator is the focusing of infinity as an aware or conscious principle called by us as closely as we can create understanding/learning in your language, intelligent infinity.

Quote:13.8 Questioner: Can you state the next step?

Ra: The next step is still at this space/time nexus in your illusion achieving its progression as you may see it in your illusion. The next step is an infinite reaction to the creative principle following the Law of One in one of its primal distortions, freedom of will. Thus many, many dimensions, infinite in number, are possible. The energy moves from the intelligent infinity due first to the outpouring of randomized creative force, this then creating patterns which in holographic style appear as the entire creation no matter which direction or energy is explored. These patterns of energy begin then to regularize their own local, shall we say, rhythms and fields of energy, thus creating dimensions and universes.

This almost paints a picture where the distortion of free will is itself an act of love ??

As to why the mental gymnastics, for this one, intellectual insight furthers and guides heartfelt experience.  Exploring these notions of universal love help this one to experience more pure, distilled love.

Angel Heart Fire Cowboy