Bring4th
Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research Channeling Archives (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? (/showthread.php?tid=19532)

Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - IndigoSalvia - 10-20-2021

Can someone direct me to how I may search the L/L channeling archives? I want to see, for instance if Latwii, Q'uo, etc. elaborate on what Ra offers when I need greater understanding. 

TIA, dear friends

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - tadeus - 10-21-2021

At this time you can only search within the PDF's of the channelings.

That's one of the reasons to compile them new: Channeling Transcripts as EPUB, MOBI and PDF

There is one big PDF compiled nearly all together: L/L Research Transcripts (1972-2019)

I already suggested to split all channeling questions and answers systematic into an Wiki, so that they can be categorized and commented better.
But up to now there is no real feedback for it ...

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - flofrog - 11-02-2021

Tadeus we are really  interested into it  ( the wiki )  I think we just  need more eyes or rather more time....  But do not despair Wink

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - tadeus - 11-03-2021

(11-02-2021, 05:22 PM)flofrog Wrote: Tadeus we are really  interested into it  ( the wiki )  I think we just  need more eyes or rather more time....  But do not despair Wink

Thank you for writing an answer flofrog.

I will not despair, because this is only an offer to be in service to others.
From my point of view it makes sense and would be useful to split all the channelings (of Q'uo and the others) into single questions and answers like these from Ra.
To do this in an Wiki would have the opportunity, to be able to categorize them in community work and link them in articles, that can be written by motivated seekers.

I would do the splitting and hosting of the Wiki, but there must be the agreement of L/L Research to do this with this copyrighted material outside of www.bring4th.org.
Additional there should be an feedback that this work will be useful for others, because this is much work and will need time.
For a simple and easy administration the users of this forum should be coupled to the user management of the wiki.

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - IndigoSalvia - 11-03-2021

Initially, I craved structure and organization because I was in information overload, but couldn't stop gobbling Law of One up. Now, it's quite fun to follow a link and randomly stumble onto a greater explanation of a concept. I can see the value in both approaches: organization and randomness.

Info will come to me when I am able to process it, much like catalyst. Oops, didn't get it the first time, here it is again. BigSmile

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - flofrog - 11-04-2021

(11-03-2021, 03:38 PM)IndigoSalvia Wrote: Initially, I craved structure and organization because I was in information overload, but couldn't stop gobbling Law of One up. Now, it's quite fun to follow a link and randomly stumble onto a greater explanation of a concept. I can see the value in both approaches: organization and randomness.

Info will come to me when I am able to process it, much like catalyst. Oops, didn't get it the first time, here it is again. BigSmile

lol, gobble was the right word for me too, IS.. Wink

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - Steppingfeet - 11-24-2021

IndigoSalvia, we are working on building a robust new internal search engine for the library site. It is a far more complex undertaking than anticipated. We hope to launch version one before the year is out.

In the meantime, Google has finally indexed the new site. You can use Google's advanced search and enter "llresearch.org" into the "site or domain" field to run keyword searches on the entire library.

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - IndigoSalvia - 11-24-2021

I can only imagine how challenging an undertaking this is. Thank you for your efforts.

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - Patrick - 11-24-2021

I use this suffix in a google search "site:llresearch.org/channeling/".

For example:

dolphins and whales site:llresearch.org/channeling/

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - Loki - 01-27-2022

Best way I found to search all channelling archives is as described below.

1) Save all pdf files for the channelling archives in same folder on your hard-drive.
2) Open one of the PDF files using the Adobe PDF viewer.
3) Click on "Edit" menu at the top left of the PDF window and from the drop-down menu click on the "Advanced search" option.
4) A new window opens with "Advanced search" options.
5) Inside "Advanced search" window do the following:
  5.1) Chose the option: "All PDF Documents in"
  5.2) Select the folder on your hard-drive where the PDF channelling archives are located
  5.3) Type the word or words you want to search for.
  5.4) Select the search properties from the following options:
           - Whole words only
           - Case Sensitive
           - Include Bookmarks
           - Include Comments
   5.5) Click the Search button.
The PDF utility generates a list with all the PDF files in the folder that contain the word or words you are looking for and the number of times they appear in each file.

The "Advanced Search" opens all the clicked pdf files from the list and allow you to jump from one file to another, from one location to another, just by clicking the files and location in the "Advanced Search" list.

I find this little PDF tool very powerful and helpful.

RE: Are L/L channeling archives searchable? - Quincunx - 01-27-2022

-------