Bring4th
Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research Channeling Archives (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion (/showthread.php?tid=19642)

Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Sacred Fool - 12-31-2021

In the Ra Material there is a passing reference to where all our limitations originate which is deliberately amplified in the following Q'uo lesson.

First, here's an excerpt of the Ra session and the reference to the source of distortions as it is wrapped up in a long discourse pertinent to the personality of the one known as The Scribe.

Quote:99.5 Questioner: Finally, of the preliminary questions, one from Jim stating, “For the last three weeks I have often been at the edge of anger and frustration, have had a nearly constant dull pain at my indigo-ray center, and have felt quite drained of energy. Would Ra comment on the source of these experiences and any thoughts or actions that might alleviate it?”
Ra: I am Ra. As in all distortions, the source is the limit of the viewpoint. We may, without serious infringement, suggest three courses of behavior which shall operate upon the distortion expressed.

Firstly, it would be well for the scribe to engage, if not daily then as nearly so as possible, in a solitary strenuous activity which brings this entity to the true physical weariness. Further, although any activity may suffice, an activity chosen for its intended service to the harmony of the group would be quite efficacious.
And it goes on........

Second, here's Quo's amplification of this from March 27th, 1988.
https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1988/0327

The overall message is that each belief we make our own contains a framework for experience which we can use until it is used up.  At that point, we need to let it go and find a different restrictive belief structure to explore.

Quote:I am Q’uo, and we thank you, my brother. Is there another query?

[new speaker] Questioner

Yes, I have one please. I had an experience last August, late July or August, with energy, and I have what I think is an understanding of it, but I would like to see if I correctly understanding it. There may be others who have had similar experiences, so this may be a question of some general applicability.

I was having a session in which a friend of mine was using some hypnosis with me to do some past life clearing; I was in hypnosis, and he was the hypnotist at the time. After I had worked on clearing on the past life material, I began to experience an inrushing, from head to toe, of a tremendous amount of energies. There was a sensation like a cool wind from this energy, and with my eyes closed, I could see clairvoyantly, I could see it as a tremendous light, very brilliant light. It went on for about a half hour, and I had various experiences while it was going on. I even had some muscle spasm, not painful, but my hands were sort of paralyzed and twisting, there was such an inrush of energy. And I had the unusual experience of seeing something as if pieces of my finer bodies were breaking apart and flying away from me under the pressure of this energy. It was like black outlines of the shape of my body were flying in pieces away from me. And it was as if the light was so brilliant that they were dark against the light, the way a person who stands against a bright light, their face will be in shadow, there’ll be a silhouette. Is it possible to comment on what that experience was?

I am Q’uo, and we may speak in a general fashion, my sister.

The source of all distortions is the limitation of the point of view, as has been stated by those known to this group as Ra.
Each belief which an entity contains and forms and by which it lives serves to offer certain opportunities for experience to that entity. When that belief or group of beliefs has been fully utilized, then there is the need to move beyond that belief and to enlarge the point of view, or the field of vision.

When this enlarging of the point of view meets some resistance, perhaps due to the comfortable nature of an old belief which has perhaps become likened unto a friend, the entity then may begin to experience a limitation within this area which may be expressed in any of a number of ways which will be perceived by the entity as a difficulty or perhaps even a mental or physical disease of one kind or another. This may in fact occur from incarnation to incarnation, so that those patterns previously experienced in a fruitful manner in an earlier portion of the incarnation or in another incarnation may then become sources for the agitation or irritation within the total being of the entity.

When such a limiting belief or knot or tangle of thought is released by whatever means, there is a release of the energy which was used to form and hold that belief in place in order that it might be of service. This energy then is free to be utilized in forming yet another field or scope or reach of possibility which will then further allow the entity to experience more of that which is its food for growth, the catalyst which becomes experience.

I find this a very fruitful concept.  On the one hand, it honours the long term process of seeking that which is less distorted than what one's understanding currently embraces.  On the other hand, it guides those of us who have cycled through numerous levels of ideation and belief to let go of all of it, thus allowing the next cycle to begin afresh.  This allows the subsequent cycle of exploration to be fully commensurate with one's being, rather than experiencing conflict with that of which one has trouble releasing.

In other words, as one's capacity to embrace a larger point of view emerges, one's ability to accept this and release the prior limitations must also adjust proportionally.  As the above example suggests, this adjustment may be more delayed than one might expect.

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Quincunx - 12-31-2021

-------

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - flofrog - 12-31-2021

Quincunx, I have a question and it is going to seem really vain.

The subject of your study, do you love it. I mean do you find love for what you gain as knowledge ? Do you then appreciate yourself for that studying ? I know those are mundane questions compared to the financial burden of studying and it’s end goal, but I am curious.

I very much like, also, what Sacred Fool offers here.
Letting go a cherished paradigm is in fact so freeing. But it’s tricky…lol

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Sacred Fool - 01-01-2022

(12-31-2021, 09:06 PM)flofrog Wrote: Letting go a cherished paradigm is in fact so freeing. But it’s tricky…lol

Yes, spiritual service is not for the lazy.

From Hatonn, FEB 03, 1988:
Quote:We say these things because, as the one known as D and as anyone gazes at an opportunity for service, we feel it is important that the gaze first be turned inward, to ask if the entity may pay the price for this service, for to begin enthusiastically and to lose so much energy that the service must be ended is perhaps a wrong use of will, and clearer listening needs to be done as to what sort of service is appropriate. If the healer is prepared to pay the price of living a certain kind of life, and we feel that each in this group intends to be so, then it is necessary only to choose the manner of service and maintain, with the greatest of enthusiasm and ardent love, the manner of life, living, thinking and being which nourishes and feeds that crystal soul within.

Do not expect a free and easy ride if you are serious about seeking.

But, of course, you know this well, dear froglette.

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Louisabell - 01-01-2022

(12-31-2021, 03:03 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: The overall message is that each belief we make our own contains a framework for experience which we can use until it is used up.  At that point, we need to let it go and find a different restrictive belief structure to explore.

(12-31-2021, 03:03 AM)Sacred Fool Wrote: I find this a very fruitful concept.  On the one hand, it honours the long term process of seeking that which is less distorted than what one's understanding currently embraces.  On the other hand, it guides those of us who have cycled through numerous levels of ideation and belief to let go of all of it, thus allowing the next cycle to begin afresh.  This allows the subsequent cycle of exploration to be fully commensurate with one's being, rather than experiencing conflict with that of which one has trouble releasing.

In other words, as one's capacity to embrace a larger point of view emerges, one's ability to accept this and release the prior limitations must also adjust proportionally.  As the above example suggests, this adjustment may be more delayed than one might expect.

Sure, although many beliefs appear to be serviceable enough on an indefinite basis as long as one continues to ignore those experiential items (which inevitably emerge) that conflict with said belief. So I would expand on this by saying that the capacity to embrace a larger point of view, that you speak of, is really a function of a person's willingness/curiosity to take on new information, fortitude to withstand the discomfort of cognitive dissonance and the dogged persistence to see it through to the other side. Especially so when having to pull the belief in question out from the depths of the subconscious in order to examine it in the light of the conscious mind. A larger point of view would be inevitable in this situation, as there is one less distortion to see the world through.

On the other hand, a person could come across a new thought-form in their travels which looks and feels mighty cosy and inviting. That person then choosing to adopt this thought-form as a belief of their own. I can't speak to the potency of a belief which is adopted in this way, but it may serve an important function in the moment by pulling one out of a slump, and act as a much needed saving grace, but in time, this belief like all others, must also face the meat-grinder of experiential fire. 

A loss of belief can equate to a loss of identity. I think it takes a while before the self relinquishes the need to scramble to find a new sense of identity when coming upon a virgin landscape of expanded perception after a previous form of identity was lost... until perhaps belief just becomes what everything else is to the adept, a tool that is fitted and unfitted at will for the purposes of service and nothing more... total guess. Can there be perception without belief even? 

I find this concept you raise fruitful as well, thanks.

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Sacred Fool - 01-01-2022

To add to the idea of purity, balancing light and acceptance and "paying a price," I would tack on this snippet from Sept. 22, 2021.

Q`uo Wrote:Is there a query to which we may speak?

[new speaker] Jim

Yes, Q'uo, in session 101.8 Ra says, "We may only suggest that the honor of propinquity to light carries with it the Law of Responsibility." What does this mean to the seeker of truth?

[new speaker] Q’uo

We are Q'uo. We are aware of the query, my brother. This query is a vast topic as it touches on a central theme that arises in the journey of the seeker, particularly within the third density as the seeker continues upon its path and develops to a certain point at which it begins to manifest and discover information, inspiration, and most basically, light, and in this process of discovery also discovers that such light carries with it an inseparable burden, if you will. That is what has been called the Law of Responsibility.

In most basic terms we may speak to this Law of Responsibility as the notion that as an entity becomes aware of its capacity to create and to accept within the creation around it, that this capacity—if not utilized to a certain purity commensurate with the purity of the light which this seeker has discovered—then catalyst is generated to a higher degree to catch the attention of this seeker and to call the seeker to address where this responsibility is not being accepted and utilized. This effect becomes greater and greater upon the path of the seeker as the seeker exercises and refines its will and faith. And at a certain point, this will begins to draw to it more and more opportunities for the seeker to act in service, whether in service to others or service to self. These opportunities will present themselves more frequently and with greater breadth as the seeker draws to it this light and love.

This is an important cornerstone for those who wish to approach what has been called adepthood, for while this Law of Responsibility is always a factor in the life of a seeker, or even an entity in its most early stages of seeking, once an entity becomes aware of its own ability to manifest light and create, the Law of Responsibility, you may say, takes full effect. The entity at that point may realize that there is nothing within its life that it cannot offer love to, or be of service towards. This suggests that seekers who are actively practicing to refine their will, to balance their energy centers, and to manifest love and service, that dedication to this path must also become purer and purer. And such a seeker will necessarily need to maintain a great awareness of potential imbalances within the self, distortions and particularly those distortions taken upon the seeker from its upbringing within the society about it.

This awareness of the distortions developed by an upbringing within a distorted society become ever more important, for an individual may balance the self and clear the self of distortions to a certain degree, [and] an entity may seem to be balanced and move with ease about the society, offering service where it is requested, yet there is an ever difficult process of examining those things that are nearly universally agreed upon within a society and determining whether or not these aspects of society that have seeped into the heart of the self are in alignment with the chosen path of service to others or even service to self. And if these deep seated, widely accepted distortions do not match with the seeker's chosen vibration, then the seeker accepts the responsibility for the society and will begin to generate catalyst for the self that calls the attention more and more to that which will put it at odds with society.

We find on your planet at this time among those who are aware of our words and our teachings, that this is quite a difficult stage. And we suggest to those who are aware of our words that great care and patience be taken in meditation and examining the self, and that seekers wishing to approach adepthood do not force themselves into a position which they are not yet ready to accept such a responsibility. It is not necessary, my friends, to explore this deeply magical path to be of service and to share love and light upon your planet. The simple work of taking each day and finding the love within it is as admirable as the greatest magical works that require the greatest magical responsibilities.

So, the source of all distortion is the limited viewpoint, and to expand this viewpoint incurs responsibilities.  However, the path of service is less severe if one chooses to simply greet each moment with love, rather than diving deeply into the murky realm of self exploration.

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Louisabell - 01-01-2022

(01-01-2022, 06:03 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote:
Quote:...

So, the source of all distortion is the limited viewpoint, and to expand this viewpoint incurs responsibilities.  However, the path of service is less severe if one chooses to simply greet each moment with love, rather than diving deeply into the murky realm of self exploration.

Some people may find this practice as being simple. I am not so fortunate. Attempting to greet each moment with love feels more like being constantly pulled into the murky waters of self exploration/reflection to me, whether I like it or not. I don't see the choice between these two paths being quite as distinct as what has been portrayed... but I can be a curious bug.

RE: Puzzle Pieces: The Source of All Distortion - Sacred Fool - 01-02-2022

(01-01-2022, 10:23 PM)Louisabell Wrote: I don't see the choice between these two paths being quite as distinct as what has been portrayed... but I can be a curious bug.

Well, there's also the possible pre-incarnative choices to consider.  Perhaps you decided you want to do it all?!

It's all love, right?