Bring4th
Healing Eyesight Naturally - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Healing Eyesight Naturally (/showthread.php?tid=19691)

Healing Eyesight Naturally - MonadicSpectrum - 01-25-2022

Hey folks,

I just wanted to share what I've been working on for my own healing journey regarding eyesight as well as see if others have experience or ideas to share.

In the past year, I've been exploring ways to improve my eye sight naturally. I used to wear contacts or glasses full time with a prescription of -1.75 in each eye. I am still myopic and have a slight astigmatism, but I can now function without glasses or contacts in nearly every activity except for driving. When I drive now, I still use glasses with a -1.25 prescription, and I'm hoping to slowly lower that prescription until I no longer need glasses to drive.

Why seek to heal eye sight naturally?

I've found it helpful for learning how to heal in general as well as providing a much better long term solution by fixing the root cause rather than simply accommodating symptoms (glasses or contacts) or suppressing symptoms (lasik or ortho-k). It's also really exciting when you begin to get glimpses of seeing clearly periodically after putting in the healing effort.

"Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light." - Jesus

Here are some ideas and resources that have helped and are still helping me on my journey:
  • The root cause of poor eye sight is stress and strain in the muscles involved with the eyes. The solution is habitual relaxation. The tricky thing is most eye muscles are not consciously controlled so one can only relax them through expanding consciousness or changing habits that have secondary effects on the muscles.
  • Wearing glasses or contacts establishes chronic stress and strain in the eyes. If one has poor eye sight, going without glasses or contacts can cause more eye strain if one is not conscious of what is happening. However, if you consciously focus on relaxing while not wearing glasses or contacts, it can actually begin to heal your eye sight by lowering the stress and strain.
  • Slowly lowering your prescription in your glasses over time for those activities that still require glasses while focussing on relaxation can be a good way to improve. I use this site to buy cheap glasses with various prescriptions that I want to try: https://www.zennioptical.com/ (as cheap as $10-$15)
  • Habits to improve eye relaxation: Eye palming, blinking more often, taking frequent breaks from computer screens, spending time in nature, body swinging exercises, using imagination and memory to augment vision, sun gazing with eyes closed, consciously observing details all around you, and resolving negative emotions in general.
  • Healing eyesight is like losing excessive weight. The problems were created by bad habits over many years, and it will take significant time to change the habits and undo the change in body state.
  • Resources that helped me learn: General, Astigmatism, PodcastOptimal Eyesight: How to Restore and Retain Great Vision

I hope this is helpful, and I'm happy to answer any questions and curious to see if anyone else has attempted this. Thanks!

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - flofrog - 01-25-2022

Nomadic, this is really awesome.

I think blueberries and blackberries are good for vision too.
My sister taught me palming and it’s definitely great. Thank you and quincunx too.

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - IndigoSalvia - 01-26-2022

As I age, my eyesight is aging as well. I have never had eye issues before: was told I had better than 20/20, whatever that means.

So, I'm very curious. Palming?

Oh gosh, lessen the computer time? I know, I know. Yet, it is how I process, journal, contemplate, read spiritual material.

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - MonadicSpectrum - 01-26-2022

Thanks for the responses and tips! I should definitely look more into diet and how it affects eyesight.

Regarding computer screens, I've found just taking short breaks every 15 minutes to look out the window for 10 seconds and then taking a longer break for a few minutes every hour can make a big difference so you can try to have the best of both worlds. There's also software available to remind you to do this.

Here is a guide to eye palming:

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - Loki - 02-11-2022

Some illnesses of the physical (like the ones related to getting old) are meant to cure the spirit. Physical illness is sometime a form of spiritual cleansing.

It wasn't me who said it but Q'uo:

If you are ill and you go to a healer and your health does not improve but during that time you become a better person, then you might not have been healed but you were cured.

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - Diana - 02-11-2022

I have progressive myopia (which my father had) and started wearing glasses in early elementary school.

A few years ago I did some research and found that studies have been done regarding bilberry (a berry related to the blueberry) in improving eyesight (specifically I think the retina, but I'm not sure). I read scientific abstracts that reported improvement when taking 500 mg per day. 

My eye doctor alo recommended omega 3, and told me about blinking. (He said to put a sticky note on my computer screen that says "BLINK." BigSmile)

So I started taking the bilberry and omega 3 supplements every day. Since then, my eyesight has improved, which is unusual for progressive myopia. My right eye went from a -10 to a -8.5, and my left eye went from a -10 to a -9.75. 

I also think it is important to look into the distance every day. We focus on close things most of the time, so walking outside and looking at the horizon or the clouds or a distance tree etc. helps to keep the eye muscles' ability to change focus working and not atrophy.

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - flofrog - 02-11-2022

Nomadic, I decided to lower the grade of my glasses and I went from 2.00 to… 1.00 and aiming to get rid of glasses.. I work hard at this and thank you tons !!! Thank you Diana too… Wink

On édit : I found each time that it’s incredibly resting to take off glasses and even squinting feels like rest to the eyes, so Nomadic was so on point when he says it’s stressing for the eyes to focus and adapt with glasses, which should be the opposite…. Nomadic ! Heart

RE: Healing Eyesight Naturally - MonadicSpectrum - 02-12-2022

Thanks for sharing your story, Diana. I hope your eye sight continues to improve, and I totally agree about spending time looking at distant objects with a focus on relaxation each day as this was one tool that helped me a lot. I've heard this called as vision stretching where you get time each day with both near and far vision. I found going on walks each day without glasses (or less powerful glasses) to be very helpful for stretching the vision and getting flashes of clarity.

And awesome news, Flo! I also hope your eyes improve and that you receive more ease and flow into your visual life. Squinting can help when you really need to see something, but I recommend not squinting too much as it can cause more strain if used too much. I've learned to enjoy and appreciate the journey and project of healing the eye sight even if it takes time, and I'm sure you can as well while learning a little bit more each day. I'm very excited about your decision to seek true healing. Smile