Bring4th
Sorrow | Tomorrow - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Sorrow | Tomorrow (/showthread.php?tid=19699)

Sorrow | Tomorrow - Vestige - 01-27-2022

sorrow (n.)
Old English sorg "grief, regret, trouble, care, pain, anxiety," from Proto-Germanic *sorg- (source also of Old Saxon sorga, Old Norse sorg, Middle Dutch sorghe, Dutch zorg, Old High German soraga, German sorge, Gothic saurga), perhaps from PIE *swergh- "to worry, be sick" (source also of Sanskrit surksati "cares for," Lithuanian sergu, sirgti "to be sick," Old Church Slavonic sraga "sickness," Old Irish serg "sickness"). 

happy (adj.)
late 14c., "lucky, favored by fortune, being in advantageous circumstances, prosperous;" of events, "turning out well," from hap (n.) "chance, fortune" + -y (2). Sense of "very glad" first recorded late 14c. Meaning "greatly pleased and content" is from 1520s. Old English had eadig (from ead "wealth, riches") and gesælig, which has become silly. Old English bliðe "happy" survives as blithe. From Greek to Irish, a great majority of the European words for "happy" at first meant "lucky." An exception is Welsh, where the word used first meant "wise."

I have copied, firstly, some etymology.  Sorrow, "perhaps from PIE [Proto-Indo-European] *swergh- 'to worry, be sick'."  To me, swergh resembles 'swerve,' as how a vehicle swerves aside, or out of the way, or off course.  
S  our letter 'S' is like the winding course, not the straight and narrow but maybe the strait and narrow.  
T  our letter 'T' is the straightaway with a fork, two paths, a choice, one turn or the other.  And, after all, one good turn deserves another.

When I find myself feeling sorrowful, feeling troubled, feeling hurt--a bit bent out of shape, if you will--when I feel that I am not in favorable circumstances, what do I do?  To whom do I turn?

Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/2018/0303

to serve in love is to first and foremost, love.  And to love is to enter into a world of relations in which you are also asking for something in return: you are asking to be loved. You are asking to be loved even knowing that this may fail to come to pass. You are opening yourself up to the vulnerability that you experience in the failure of love, and as one who is committed to the polarity of serving others rather than the self, you are committed to the primary importance to be attached to the love which you bring forth on offer to the world. And that means that you are prepared to leave vacant, and wanting, and wounded, that portion of yourself that cannot help but want to be loved. You are willing to allow that portion of yourself that wants to be loved to be shown no love at all
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1994/0918

if you are to be overwhelmed by these negative experiences, we encourage the allowing of this being overwhelmed. If there are the tears, cry them—cry them all and respect each drop, respect and love those mute expressions of grief, anger, sorrow and rage. Accept the excesses of feeling that shake and seemingly hurt you. Know that these feelings are justified, that these feelings are protected, that there is time for these feelings to express. And work with the self to encourage the eventual completion of expression of the feelings involved  ...

...  Once the reality within the illusion is addressed, once the sorrow and anger have been owned, accepted, respected and the entity within all that feeling nurtured, then is there wisdom in turning to praise and thanksgiving of the one infinite Creator, to turning once again to love.

And this is not done in a way which denies all that seems imperfect, but merely setting those painful emotions into the most true version of a universe which you can find, and that is, that infinity of space and time against which the troubles of a day begin to seem somewhat small. For, within the self lies all that there is. The portion of the self dealing with the surface emotions within a particular incarnation is most small. It does not belie the agony felt to place it against the backdrop of infinity and see that it does not take up the entire creation, but that there is a deeper and surrounding environment which goes beyond space and time and of which each is more a native than this present Earth. Each is a citizen of infinite and eternal creation, moving into praise and thanksgiving, readjust[ing] the point of view, biasing it towards truth and polarizing it towards service.

When the object of anger or sorrow is another, there is a type of meditation or experience this instrument would call prayer, in which prayers are offered for the entity which has been catalyst for this sorrow or anger. Praying for that entity which has harmed you also reorients the deeper mind and biases the deeper mind more towards truth.

The last of the tools we shall speak of this day is the tool of the one Self. When the mind can settle upon the unity of each self with all other selves, then it can more readily be seen that each entity outside of the self is simply a mirror reflecting your self back to you. Those things which anger you are angering you about yourself within some portion of your inner, larger, self. The sorrow felt for others is sorrow felt for the self. It only seems to involve others. Taken upon the surface, this statement seems patently false. However, in the deeper sense, and certainly in the sense of working spiritually with emotions, it is true, as far as we know, that all that you see is your Self. You are in common with all that there is.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1994/0619

It is not that sorrow, loss and limitation are the only [effective] means of learning the lessons of love and polarizing towards the infinite Creator’s vibration, but, rather, that few indeed are the entities which are willing, in the absence of pain, to do the intensive work which is needed to attain an acceleration of the polarization process using joy as catalyst.

Here is how to be joyful. Upon the arising, turn to the infinite One and instant by instant turn again to the infinite One, again and again, in all things giving thanks, in all conditions rejoicing. Turn again to the infinite One and rest in that peace which truly the world does not know. Joy is a living energy as powerful and as effective a teacher as sorrow. However, it demands of the seeker a self-imposed discipline of the personality which looks beyond ease and comfort and energizes and exhorts the self again and again unceasingly to rejoice, give praise and offer thanksgiving to the infinite One.

One of your teachers known as Joel Goldsmith has called this joyful path “practicing the presence of the one infinite Creator.” The path of joy is equally as effective as the path of sorrow. Yet, if the seeker is truly upon the path of joy there is the same degree of creative unrest in this process that there is while undergoing the catalyst of losses, limitations and grief. This is the road not taken, the path of joy. If you would be good at this path, learn to be dissatisfied with happiness and count all things as loss except turning again to praise and give thanks to the one infinite Creator. If the intensity of desire can be maintained while there is an absence of negative catalyst, then the negative catalyst is not necessary. You may see that, indeed, few there are who are able to walk this particular path to the infinite One.

The path of sorrow, then, is that path which nearly all experience nearly all the time within incarnation. Misery, anger, grief—all the uncomfortable emotional and mental states—create a necessity for seeking some means of relief. The limitations are there because the nature of the choice is such that the surface illusion can be seen by the seeker to be an illusion. And it is through the growing discomfort of catalyst, of loss and limitation, that the wayward spirit is finally alert to the need for discipline.
Quote:Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi (Prayer for Peace)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1982/0312

I am Hatonn. I am again with this instrument. My friends, we cannot emphasize strongly enough that your perceptions of your reality substantially affect the manner in which you interrelate with your other selves and thereby achieve the results of your efforts toward service and polarization. It is essential to develop within oneself the ability to control your emotional reflexes, so to speak. The emotions that you experience are tools which may aid or retard your development depending upon your willingness and skill to learn to make use of these tools. As you become more adept, you will realize that in your recent past you were in the position of the malleable iron being hammered into a convoluted shape by the tools of emotion instead of being able to use those same tools for the development of your service orientation.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1995/0924

...  There are words that aid in the gradual working away at that pride which says “I know better.” Words such as “surrender,” “allow,” “accept.” These are words of health when used carefully. We suggest that a great tool to use in working with pride is kindness towards the self. You are within an illusion which insists that you begin with impure and cluttered emotions.

All the wisdom and passion that there is lies within, yet because the spiritual child is young it is clumsy and awkward. It feels so much love and yearning and wishes so much to be more comfortable, more light and spirit-filled. Yet we say to you that the path that is appropriate for each, no matter how wise, who comes into incarnation is the path of impure and confusing desires and it is within this puzzling atmosphere of emotion and thought within which each is intended to do the work and find the learning within the incarnation. The Creator to be found is found here, within that sea of confusion and prideful desire that mask the rightful and pure emotion that is hunger and thirst for truth, love, and for beauty.

This is not an easy topic to discuss, for as you pointed out in your discussion earlier, even the desire not to have desires is a desire. So we say to you—desire! Go ahead with that emotion but subject that emotion to self-examination, seeking always to prick the puffed up pride of self that insists it is the holder of the keys to righteousness. And meanwhile, expend time comforting and supporting that spiritual child within, whose yearnings are the breath of life itself for the evolving spirit. Comfort, succor and cherish this being within that is stirring and growing and beginning to see within this illusion through your eyes, that spiritual self, the one child each shall have regardless of the sex or the age. Love and support that evolving self and look for ways to purify the emotions that drive and teach and give opportunity for learning within this life, this incarnational experience which you now so briefly enjoy. There is peace in purified emotion, there is comfort at least, and the home within the clear and lucid desire.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1996/1124

To desire order and efficiency is not bad. Of course some of that desire is from a place of love, which wishes to release disorder to alleviate suffering. Only some is fear-based. Can you distinguish? If it is fear-based, can you observe that movement with kindness and without fixation on it? This instrument has a magnet in her office which says, “Bless this mess.” It is precisely that attitude that you need to bring to your lives.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1990/0608

The path is long and seems, from the point of view of your illusion, to be very arduous. However, this work is already begun. You all have a foot securely upon the path. And what remains is to find a way to take each additional step, one at a time, slowly, as you begin to find the heart of the center where you all are already come together.
Quote:https://www.llresearch.org/channeling/1983/0220

I am Hatonn, and am now with this instrument. As you continue to seek, you will find that you will become ever more sensitive to those around you. As you begin to go within, to see the beauty and the love that is you, you will find that you will also reach out and look at that same beauty in others. Others may not be able to see as you do, and you may well find there are times that your reaching out may tend to shut others in. Your path and your knowledge as it begins may seem lonely at times, for it does seem paradoxical, that reaching out can shut you away from others. But do not be disheartened. Continue and you will find that with your growth you can begin to reach others, be more a part of them, share with them, experience together as one. The beauty, the peace of touching others is indeed a wondrous thing. So continue to reach out and do not be disheartened if first attempts are rejected. The rewards are great. The love to be shared is great.

A little while ago today, I had been feeling sorrow.  Did I have a fine reason to feel this sorrow?  I thought so, but that also, it mattered very little what reason I had - what mattered was that I was hurt.  So, what did I do?  To whom did I turn?

First, I turned away from the ones I felt had hurt me.  (Politely) I asked for some time to myself.  I swerved.  

I had to remember that a swerve can be helpful.  When I drive in my car, a seemingly sturdy and heavy vehicle, I will occasionally spy a squirrel, or maybe a traffic cone, and so I swerve.  I swerve in a good direction: The squirrel scampers away, safe.  My car, sturdy and yet, fragile, too, rolls away unblemished.  I return to the road, to my drive, to my journey.  

So, I had asked myself to, let's say, spare the squirrel.  I wanted to complain, to argue, or to reprimand, even.  I asked myself, instead, to spare the squirrel: "These ones who hurt you(me), don't you remember they have troubles, too?  Do you want to add to them, as you feel they have added to yours?  Or is the subtraction--the silence, the swerve--enough for you today?" 

I swerved.  

I turned to the journey.  I pulled up some LLresearch transcripts, looking for some solace, as one might put on a sad song so that they can feel that others feel as they do, that they are not really alone.  In fact, I also had music playing - Mind Meditation's "Heart Chakra Healing Hang Drum Music."  I read the passages that I quote here.  I became calm.  
I found myself a little bit further down the road.  Safe.

I kept driving.  I came upon a light, a traffic light, and turned again.  I pulled no U-turns.  I simply kept driving, and followed the right byways home.  I returned to the ones I felt had hurt me.  Actually, from an outside perspective, they turned to me - they knew I had asked for some time, but they did not know I felt hurt.  So, continuing about their day, driving down their own road, they turned to me and asked for some assistance (troubleshooting a microphone).  Innocuous.  

And, fortuitous.  Happy.  Fortunate.  I feel they had gifted me with another chance, really, to not feel the sorrow, but to feel the joy.  
(And we checked the microphone.  All in working order.)  All in working order.  My vehicle was safe.  No crash.  

Driving on.

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - tadeus - 01-29-2022

To-Morrow seems to be the word that alludes to that what the next day is:

Quote:Morrow is a word meaning "the next day" in literary English. It also means "morning" in archaic English

anamornÐn, anamornæn, or anamornæn has the meaning of sorrow in Old High German.
It sounds in german like "another morning".
So this includes the future, because you can do it only for something happening in the future.

aftermorganlÆh = after morning

Ðr = germanic Àier- = day, morning

ÐrgesterÐn = ereyesterday + overmorrow

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - sillypumpkins - 01-29-2022

Not sure how I feel about “happy” being defined as “good fortune” essentially. I’ve met some happy homeless, sick, seemingly unfortunate folks. Likewise, I’ve met some unhappy folks who had seemingly fortunate lives.

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - Patrick - 01-29-2022

(01-29-2022, 02:06 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Not sure how I feel about “happy” being defined as “good fortune” essentially. I’ve met some happy homeless, sick, seemingly unfortunate folks. Likewise, I’ve met some unhappy folks who had seemingly fortunate lives.

Maybe joy or contentment would be better suited?

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - sillypumpkins - 01-29-2022

(01-29-2022, 02:52 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:06 PM)sillypumpkins Wrote: Not sure how I feel about “happy” being defined as “good fortune” essentially. I’ve met some happy homeless, sick, seemingly unfortunate folks. Likewise, I’ve met some unhappy folks who had seemingly fortunate lives.

Maybe joy or contentment would be better suited?

Perhaps  Cheese

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - flofrog - 01-29-2022

You know, I was reading from Vestige, [ thank you Vestige !] the passage about the path to joy and found it really really so so interesting.

Quote:One of your teachers known as Joel Goldsmith has called this joyful path “practicing the presence of the one infinite Creator.” The path of joy is equally as effective as the path of sorrow. Yet, if the seeker is truly upon the path of joy there is the same degree of creative unrest in this process that there is while undergoing the catalyst of losses, limitations and grief. This is the road not taken, the path of joy. If you would be good at this path, learn to be dissatisfied with happiness and count all things as loss except turning again to praise and give thanks to the one infinite Creator. If the intensity of desire can be maintained while there is an absence of negative catalyst, then the negative catalyst is not necessary. You may see that, indeed, few there are who are able to walk this particular path to the infinite One.

[from
June 19, 1994 LL channeling]

And it is interesting how joy is distinguished from happiness, how joy creates that intense creative desire as does deep sorrow but being simply such a different path where you need to constantly relinquish happiness or anything alike, and keep melting into giving thanks to Creator.

RE: Sorrow | Tomorrow - MonadicSpectrum - 01-29-2022

Great quotes and story, Vestige. Thanks for sharing with us.

It reminds me of this song with these lyrics: "Maybe tomorrow, you will understand today. Maybe your sorrow paved the way... into a brand new day."