Bring4th
Cube of Space - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Cube of Space (/showthread.php?tid=19861)

Pages: 1 2

Cube of Space - Nigleh - 04-01-2022

.jpg   CUBE.jpg (Size: 68.47 KB / Downloads: 16)

I was asked to post the Cube of Space as it may be of benefit to other people. When ever directions are used both in the Law of One or from the Bible I always refer to this Cube to determine what it could be inferring. I use 1) Hebrew letters first, or 2) any closely associated, corresponding positions to a direction. Then I apply a theory/understanding.

What is not on this image are the three mothers AIR, FIRE and WATER:

- Above to Below is ALEPH and is AIR
- North to South is SHIN and is FIRE
- East to West is MEM and is WATER

"The Keys" refer to the Tarot/Hebrew letters starting with "0" as ALEPH - The Fool, "1" as BETH - The Magician, etc. 
This Cube is different if one was to compare to The Sepher Yetzirah. I use this one displayed.

Source: The Tarot by Paul Foster Case.

RE: Cube of Space - tadeus - 04-03-2022

Could you please explain this cube better?

Specially the connection between the cube, bible and Ra?

RE: Cube of Space - Quincunx - 04-03-2022

-------

RE: Cube of Space - Quincunx - 04-04-2022

-------

RE: Cube of Space - Aion - 04-05-2022

For anyone interested in learning about the Tarot of Paul Foster Case and its relationship to the Cube of Space, which features heavily in the book mentioned in the OP, one can turn to the Builders of the Adytum.

https://www.bota.org/

This is the current active lineage of Dr. Case and where supplies, such as the aforementioned text and un-coloured cards, can be obtained for the study of this system of Tarot.

Recommended is to study each card for two weeks, the first in black and white, after which you colour it and study it for the next week in colour.
Along with this you would read the corresponding chapter in 'The Tarot' daily or a few times a week.

It also is beneficial if you can do this practice with others and engage in a weekly discussion on your findings.

As alluded in the OP, the Cube stems from the Sepher Yetzirah, although some suggest older origins as the Sepher Yetzirah was most likely the writing down of an oral tradition.

Also, for those curious, Eliphas Levi is the one usually credited with first correlating the Hebrew letters with the Tarot Trumps. Levi was one very prominent influence on this branch of Western Mystery Tradition, among others.

RE: Cube of Space - Vasilisa - 04-05-2022

And what comments on the Sefer Yetzira have you studied? Who can share?

RE: Cube of Space - Quincunx - 04-05-2022

-------

(04-05-2022, 02:03 PM)Quincunx Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 03:25 AM)Vasilisa Wrote: And what comments on the Sefer Yetzira have you studied? Who can share?

We can share knowledge, however, I like how Aion put it.
Quote:Recommended is to study each card for two weeks, the first in black and white, after which you colour it and study it for the next week in colour.

Along with this you would read the corresponding chapter in 'The Tarot' daily or a few times a week.
With any form of experience a person would need to do the work. In other words, be the student so that you can become the teacher. I am curious about the Cube of Space and want to learn more about how it relates to everything therefore I am seeking information that will help me study it. If one were to teach it to me orally then I may miss something. If I were to compare the knowledge to areas within my own life then I have something to relate it to and can comprehend it quicker.

For example, Yod Heh Vau Heh has 2 Hehs in it. Why? The first Heh represents water or emotion and the second Heh represents Earth or a form of giving like Mother Nature. The word 'Heh' also represents a window. Therefore, one could say that a person can look outside and inside of a situation with emotion or giving.

Let us use this information and look at what is happening on Bring4th. From the members perspective we understand there are website problems that we are all experiencing. That is the inside situation. The outside is what we can observe but do not understand completely because we have limited knowledge. There was a thread created about what the website administrator Steve is considering in regards to this platform. We the members talked about what the problem could be and how it could be fixed however we are on the outside of LLResearch's situation. The 'emotion' is our feelings in this situation and the 'giving' aspect could be viewed as many ways. Some people on that thread volunteered to fix the website glitches if they had access to the program. Others understood money could be the issue and therefore said more people needed to be hired to help maintain everything.

From my perspective I need a few months to several years before I can begin to share my point of view of what the Cube of Space is, including the Sefer Yetzirah if I decide to read it. Others can wait to learn my point of view or can take it upon themselves and do the work.

My understanding of the 'traditional' method of study is as such. Reading the works and studying the cards or literature in group and sharing in discussion. There are no 'answers' to these mysteries, so much as the journey through the mysteries yields revelations within the self. It is the journey that is important, because there ultimately is no destination. Doing this work alongside other people brings in the 'service to others' aspect.

Rather, when we offer knowledge to eachother to aid in our journeying it produces new branches of the path for all. It is easier to scale a mountain with a team. Yet, even after reaching the peak, the journey continues, and the descent comes again. Each is meant to discover their own 'meaning' and create their own relationship with the symbolism in the Tarot and in the Sepher Yetzirah, even if there are long-standing commentaries on them. That is the practical work, rather than the intellectual work.

I appreciate the suggestion to use these tools towards our current situations, and apply them to practical uses in our lives. I would have to put some thought in to applying it to the situation with the forum as it is a complicated web to my eyes.

-------

-------

RE: Cube of Space - Vasilisa - 04-06-2022

As far as I understand, Sefer Yetzirah is a commentary on the first chapter of the Bible - Genesis or Bereshit. This is an intellectual meditation on the process of creation, such as ancient theoretical physics) I just have a cognitive dissonance when Sefer Yetzira is commented on by Dion Fortune or Arie Kaplan. In my perception, these comments cannot be placed side by side. In this connection, the biblical (Jewish) Kabbalah and hermetic Kabbalah are two different things. Although they have the same basis. And this can be encountered in any science, for example, in analytical psychology, as a rule, the methods of humanistic psychology are not used (and so on)

RE: Cube of Space - Aion - 04-06-2022

(04-06-2022, 02:57 AM)Vasilisa Wrote: As far as I understand, Sefer Yetzirah is a commentary on the first chapter of the Bible - Genesis or Bereshit. This is an intellectual meditation on the process of creation, such as ancient theoretical physics) I just have a cognitive dissonance when Sefer Yetzira is commented on by Dion Fortune or Arie Kaplan. In my perception, these comments cannot be placed side by side. In this connection, the biblical (Jewish) Kabbalah and hermetic Kabbalah are two different things. Although they have the same basis. And this can be encountered in any science, for example, in analytical psychology, as a rule, the methods of humanistic psychology are not used (and so on)

There are definitely different 'branches' of Kabbalah/Qabalah which in many instances are in disagreement with each other, so I agree that the different schools need to be treated as their own distinct philosophies and not mashed together. There is even a brand of Christian Kabbalah. That isn't to say there aren't common threads or syncretic parallels either, but that is a comparative study.

The word Kabbalah means 'to give/to receive' and implies the relationship or attitude towards approaching the divine. So while there are different branches, they are indeed all of the same tree.

Personally, I think it is fruitful to examine each of these branches as their own field or extension from that tree, but that a surface understanding will only yield an awareness of the branches. For one to find the heartwood of the tree, one has to go deep in to one of the branches and follow it back to the trunk. I think after one goes deep through one branch it becomes easier to contextualize the differences between them, if one is so inclined.

Also I have seen it suggested the Sefer Yetzirah could be a commentary, an 'expansion', or even an alternative perspective to Genesis. I think this is where the practical work comes in, each really has to interpret these relationships for themselves because the factual origins of so many of these things are obscured in the sands of time and human investment and invention.

In this case, we are looking at an interesting primal parallel. Cubes are part of the basis of reality, it doesn't have to be tied to any belief. The many lenses through which the Cube can be grasped only displays the immense versatility of the Cube both as a form and as an idea. The geometry is representative of an aspect of universal order and thus by engaging it with our consciousness are able to use it as a trestle board for our own imaginations.

RE: Cube of Space - Vasilisa - 04-07-2022

I had a problem when I tried to choose one of the branches of Kabbalah for a deeper study) It's like learning a foreign language on your own or with a teacher (who knows the subject well and can explain and correct the wrong for the right one). When working independently, it is very difficult to distinguish right from wrong. I tried to study the Western "philosophical branch" of Golden Dawn, Fortune, Butler, Ashcroft-Nowicki, Regardie, Gareth Knight, and came to a dead end. I tried to read A. Kaplan's comments and realized that without knowledge of Jewish culture and tradition, I can also quickly come to a dead end. So here I stand at a dead end), not knowing where to move on. I can list a dozen more esoteric directions on similar topics, and in them I also see for myself a dead end for further study (Now I probably feel the feeling of "playing beads", the excitement of searching and studying has passed, and the prospects for moving on are not yet visible.

A little off topic, but until recently I didn't think that there are three columns inside the Kaaba...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHEiNuIBDw

RE: Cube of Space - Quincunx - 04-07-2022

-------

Quincunx, my Russianness did not prevent me from studying the Western esoteric tradition in any way) Thanks to the Internet community, any desired information is now available, there would be a desire to find it and try to assimilate it. The problem is not in the information, I think, but the problem is just in the difference in the states of consciousness and perception of the world in different people. In our states of consciousness, we are quite often cut off from understanding other people, from their states. And this is very shaky ground... For me, mysticism and the path of Initiation_Individuation is very clear, but the problem is that in my understanding I am literally locked in myself) Not finding full understanding from my close circle of people. Therefore, it is increasingly necessary to keep quiet. In Russia, very, very few people are interested in the Western Tradition at a serious level.

RE: Cube of Space - Aion - 04-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 01:29 AM)Vasilisa Wrote: I had a problem when I tried to choose one of the branches of Kabbalah for a deeper study) It's like learning a foreign language on your own or with a teacher (who knows the subject well and can explain and correct the wrong for the right one). When working independently, it is very difficult to distinguish right from wrong. I tried to study the Western "philosophical branch" of Golden Dawn, Fortune, Butler, Ashcroft-Nowicki, Regardie, Gareth Knight, and came to a dead end. I tried to read A. Kaplan's comments and realized that without knowledge of Jewish culture and tradition, I can also quickly come to a dead end. So here I stand at a dead end), not knowing where to move on. I can list a dozen more esoteric directions on similar topics, and in them I also see for myself a dead end for further study (Now I probably feel the feeling of "playing beads", the excitement of searching and studying has passed, and the prospects for moving on are not yet visible.

A little off topic, but until recently I didn't think that there are three columns inside the Kaaba...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHEiNuIBDw

It is true that Kabbalah is quite difficult to pursue autodidactically, although not entirely impossible. 

"Hermetic Kabbalah" is a unique syncretic branch which has fused Kabbalah with western occultism and magical practice. 
However, my understanding is that this type of Kabbalah is more built around practical working and is more like a tool derived from the study of Kabbalah.
The branch which many of the old occultists drew from in developing this tool is Lurianic Kabbalah. 
Naturally, Kabbalah is a Jewish philosophy, and so any attempt to go deep will necessitate a learning of Jewish culture. This is true for any culturally rooted tradition.

-------

"Naturally, Kabbalah is a Jewish philosophy, and so any attempt to go deep will necessitate a learning of Jewish culture. This is true for any culturally rooted tradition."
I have already realized this and am gradually maturing to such a study...

Quincunx, yes, I am lazy to read and write in English, as the translator does it much better than me) In fact, I am in the process of learning a language, but the process is very slow, again because of my laziness) And other interests.

I am also superficially familiar with the tarot, as well as with all other information. I tried to study the tarot in connection with the Tree of Life according to the book Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Landscapes-Journey-Awareness-Pathworking/dp/085030623X/ref=sr_1_36?crid=KFFPEROO69FJ&keywords=Dolores+Ashcroft-Nowicki&qid=1649353198&sprefix=dolores+ashcroft-nowicki%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-36 But again, I was let down by self-education, a huge amount of information, the absence of a teacher and the lack of a systematic approach to learning. And consistency and a certain direction-tradition in such matters are important (in my opinion)

But it seems that I took the conversation away from the cube of space, for which I apologize.

(04-07-2022, 12:13 PM)Quincunx Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 06:12 AM)Vasilisa Wrote: For me, mysticism and the path of Initiation_Individuation is very clear, but the problem is that in my understanding I am literally locked in myself) Not finding full understanding from my close circle of people. Therefore, it is increasingly necessary to keep quiet. In Russia, very, very few people are interested in the Western Tradition at a serious level.

I was thinking because you speak Russian you wouldn't be able to read English words. I have noticed on some of your posts on other threads that you forget to post in English. Which is fine because everyone on here can find a translator tool on the Internet.

All my relatives are Catholic and my social circle is zero. I am forced to self teach myself. Luckily Bring4th has many threads that can help me understand what I am reading. I found this one diagram in the archetypes forum that really helped me to see the mind, body, spirit comparison in a different way.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2074]

This has some different attributions to the cards, more modern, but the layout is in the manner of the Tarot Tableau, which is a beneficial way to study the Tarot.
It is not, in my experience, wise to try to study many Tarot systems at once, because there are different ways the cards are laid out and designed. 

Each Tarot deck is really an encapsulation of the experience of the practitioner. However, the deck of BOTA is designed as an initiatory deck in which all the card designs interlock and communicate with each other. To remove or alter any in the deck is to break the overall pattern. I suspect this is true for many Tarot decks within themselves.

[Image: s640x480]

The difference however is most practitioners do not write whole books explaining the schematic of their decks, although some do. With this deck the book serves as a useful guide for study. This just as an example of one deck that has the resource available. The Tarot deck that they used with the Ra Material is the Brotherhood of Light deck.

https://www.light.org/tarot-cards--brotherhood-of-light-egyptian--full-color--P14C1.cfm

These are the ones that probably make the most sense to use when studying the archetypes of the Ra Material.

"It is not, in my experience, wise to try to study many Tarot systems at once, because there are different ways the cards are laid out and designed."
Aion, I have not found a single description of the Tarot deck close to what Ra gave. Maybe you are familiar with such descriptions? The description of P.F. Case, in my opinion, is also not similar to the descriptions of the archetypes of Ra.

I rummaged through my notes) That's what Jim said about tarot.
"From Jim McCarthy's notes in Camelot Magazine.
" ... Carla, Don, and I followed Ra's advice regarding studying the Senior Arcana of the Tarot in order to ask more informed questions about the archetypal mind. One of the most useful books we found for this research was "The Sacred Tarot of S. S. Zain (Sacred Tarot, K. K. Zain). We have used the images in this book as the basis for our questions to Ra regarding the specific meaning of each aspect of each of the twenty-two Major Arcana. Unfortunately, we could not get permission from the Church of Light to print them in the fourth book of the Law of One, so we used similar drawings created by George Fatman in his book "The Royal Road: A Study of the Egyptian Tarot" ("The Royal Road": a Study in the Egyptian Tarot, George Fathman)..."

I also noticed Elizabeth Haich's Tarot for myself https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Tarot-Elisabeth-Haich-ebook/dp/B0716CHXJQ

-------

(04-07-2022, 02:17 PM)Vasilisa Wrote: "It is not, in my experience, wise to try to study many Tarot systems at once, because there are different ways the cards are laid out and designed."
Aion, I have not found a single description of the Tarot deck close to what Ra gave. Maybe you are familiar with such descriptions? The description of P.F. Case, in my opinion, is also not similar to the descriptions of the archetypes of Ra.

In my above post I linked to the Brotherhood of Light Tarot deck which is the one used by the Ra Material group, those are the images they describe.

There is also a page on lawofone.info with the cards on it and the study method laid out in the material.

https://www.lawofone.info/images/

I have not found any other system which uses the same concepts as the Ra Material, which is why I find value in it. It is a unique slant on the information.
However, like I said, by going deep with 'traditional' Tarot and then examining that alongside the Ra concepts yields a much richer understanding of both, imo.
To be sure, typical occultists do not consider that the Tarot would have extra-terrestrial origins as is suggested in the Ra Material, so the mix of ufology in there makes it a bit of an odd duck.

I am not really sure if I believe in the 'story' per se, but I find the concepts useful, so I use them.

The closest I find to the Archetypes of Ra are those of Carl Jung, albeit still very different in conception.

Jim wrote that they used "The Sacred Tarot" of S. S. Zain. But what Ra conveys is still more like deep psychology. Sometimes, in connection with this, the image of Lev Semenovich Vygotsky, not even Carl Jung, rises before my eyes....

(04-07-2022, 02:38 PM)Vasilisa Wrote: Jim wrote that they used "The Sacred Tarot" of S. S. Zain. But what Ra conveys is still more like deep psychology. Sometimes, in connection with this, the image of Lev Semenovich Vygotsky, not even Carl Jung, rises before my eyes....

That would make sense as that book comes from the Brotherhood of Light, which goes with the deck, so that would also be a good book to use while studying this deck.

Of course, we have our references and by all means there will be schools of thought and teachers with whom I or others have no familiarity, so I think trusting your intuition and following the path in your own mind is key!

"Of course, we have our references and by all means there will be schools of thought and teachers with whom I or others have no familiarity, so I think trusting your intuition and following the path in your own mind is key!"
I absolutely agree with this!)

-------

RE: Cube of Space - Vasilisa - 04-08-2022

Quincunx, I look at this cube and realize that I don't understand anything) And I want to return to the study of Bahir, Zohar, Sefer Yetzira, since I missed these classes of study. And without the "foundation" of these classes, it seems to me, it is impossible to build a "building" ... (of course I may be wrong, but so far I feel so intuitively)

RE: Cube of Space - Quincunx - 04-08-2022

-------

RE: Cube of Space - tadeus - 04-10-2022

(04-04-2022, 06:33 PM)Quincunx Wrote: This is just for reference so that we don't have to keep seeing the videos above.

That's very interesting.
Can you provide the links of the sources of the pictures please (specially the first two pictures)?

Hopefully there are more describing texts with more details ...