Bring4th
This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed (/showthread.php?tid=20070)

This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - 3-24-2022 - 06-21-2022

I think when there is a negative attitude someone communicates to me, whether verbally or with insulting body language, I just ignore them rather than be upset.

When I hear about something violent happening on the news, I accept that it happened even though I don't like it. Accepting the world as it is, as opposed to being a person unable to accept it. That is what makes a person depressed, not being able to accept the way life is going. 

It's very simple advice. It's my choice to tune in to a news channel or turn it off.

The world channeling has so many meanings.

Are you listening to a radio or watching TV? You select a channel.

Is someone looking past you like you don't exist? Well, you can be mad or you can turn around and ignore them and switch communication channels.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - 3-24-2022 - 06-22-2022

Thanks for your response, this forum can be slow at times but it is great that people are around to discuss ideas with.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - IndigoSalvia - 06-22-2022

To add to this discussion, sometimes heavy feelings and depression sort of sneak up on someone, without one being fully aware of it. Experiences and energies accumulate until one does notice.

There is an option to conscientiously choose what one allows in and doesn't; yet, some of us may not be aware of the ability to choose, or have experience choosing, shielding, etc.

I am sensitive to energies about me: I absorb them like a sponge. Yet, I did not come with operating instructions BigSmile so I had to figure out on my own how to navigate life with this sensitivity, and eventually learned how to take care not to become overloaded and off-balance. For me, it is both 'external' choices (e.g., I do/do not allow this or that in) and 'internal' choices (e.g., how can I greet this or that with love?). 

There are depths to depression, and great variations from person to person: temporary, situational to debilitating depression. Having supported someone who was severely depressed, it can be like a dark pit that one can choose to crawl out of on their own, moment by moment. From the little I have seen, severe depression is an arduous journey, and navigating life has to almost be re-learned. I can not even begin to scratch the surface of understanding depression with the few words I have typed here. 

There may be a lack of discussion and education about spiritual/mental care of oneself in our society (here in U.S. at least). Imagine if our children were taught how to listen and make connections between MB&S, meditate, etc. Here, children don't really get this sort of support unless a family provides it. I try to have those types of discussions with my son, and I think it helps. Only time will tell ... 

Just my 2 cents.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - AnthroHeart - 06-23-2022

When I feel like I'm becoming depressed or anxious, I start being grateful for what I have.
Even the things I've complained about, I express gratitude for.

It really shifts the energy.

Also love. Gratitude, forgiveness and love.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - tadeus - 06-25-2022

Just ignoring everything will not lead to an solution, specially in the relationship to other self.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - tadeus - 06-25-2022

(06-23-2022, 10:37 AM)AnthroHeart Wrote: When I feel like I'm becoming depressed or anxious, I start being grateful for what I have.
Even the things I've complained about, I express gratitude for.

It really shifts the energy.

Also love. Gratitude, forgiveness and love.

Yes - we have the opportunity to have inacarnated on a really nice planet.

But we must master the transformation into the next density too.
This will include many aspects.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - unity100 - 06-25-2022

Capitalism naturally succeeded in turning the TV into a hellhole of profit, warmaking and a tool to dumb down the society. Little 'educational and helpful' content that Ra mentioned remains. Even then it was too little at the moment Ra interpreted it as a tool that kept people sleeping, having little informational content.

RE: This is my attitude to avoid becoming depressed - sillypumpkins - 07-08-2022

Why would one want to avoid becoming depressed in the first place?