Bring4th
The sorry state of mental health services. - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The sorry state of mental health services. (/showthread.php?tid=20125)

The sorry state of mental health services. - Phoenix - 07-25-2022

I don't know what things are like in America. I get the impression the privatised health system there is really screwed up from people who have visited. But it seems like basically everywhere the mental health systems are completely screwed up.

I watched a video by Sam Vaknin recently, one he made in the last few days. Which explains that the diagnostic criteria for mental health is very messed up due to insurance and pharmaceutical companies. He explains narcissism, borderline and some other mental health difficulties with a great deal of lucidity. I think he was one of those high IQ super people. Savants or something that start university at like, 11 years old. He also explains that since pharmaceutical and insurance companies prefer very rigid sections, robotic, with clearly defined characteristics, it messes up the diagnostic models because people are just not like that. He explains that the correct model is a more fluid model, like, being graded on personality traits and to rigidly separate a lot of the current psychological problems creates confusion. The example he uses is borderline and narcissism. Which I also notice have a lot of similarities. What is called 'splitting' in the borderline is called 'lovebombing and devaluation' in the narcissist. But it is not just these that overlap. People also include, autism, aspergers, ADHD, OCD, schizoid etc. and because of the models rigidity they then have to have multiple diagnosis.

Also, the inflexibility and confusion of the mental health models create a whole host of other problems. It places them into a place where there is no understanding so people in the regular health fields will spend an entire shift on one person with one of these problems, which will not be solved and will repeat the next day, where they could have helped perhaps five or more other patients in the day. Also, mental health services are severely stretched and a lot of people with these difficulties do not have money usually. And also, absolutely nothing can be done with suicide. Sometimes a person will say they are intending to kill themselves since they have not been helped (and no matter how serious they are usually repeatedly ignored, and subject to other problems that are counter productive), and then they are just left to do it basically. The medical system has no authority to declare someone without capacity and just lock them up for a while; and the actual places they end up are usually counter productive as well.

I have known so so many people with multiple mental health difficulties. I have also researched the area a lot myself. I also have a strong tendency towards schizophrenia and it's more moderate cousin 'schizoid' which basically means that, irl, people go to great lengths to make sure their inner emotional reality is not obvious to anyone else. I feel life would be easier if I could explain this to people. But pretty much people are left to their problems and these things are not diagnosed. Another one that needs to be given attention is borderline personality disorder. These people look normal but are quite mad, and it can put someone into shock to have to deal with the irrationality. They also have a very high rate of successful suicide.

I think there is a deeper confusion here in that, recently it has come out that SSRI's aren't based on any real science and anyone that has researched the area previously knows this. There is also philosophical and spiritual things to consider. There are those that consider these diagnosis to be a permanent unchangeable thing and there are those that have claimed to have seen a lot of people healed from them in some manner. I just feel that it is messed up and frustrating that because of these problems it makes "service to others" in a lot of cases not possible because there is just too much confusion!

RE: The sorry state of mental health services. - Spiritualchaos - 07-25-2022

You have touched on a topic I know far too much about, as I spent nearly two decades being dragged all over the health care system, for mental health more in my younger years, and physical health in my 20s and early 30s, and usually had no luck whatsoever. I live in Canada, so it does not seem to even matter our health care is basically free, there is still a huge backlog of people looking for support who wait years to see someone, and when they finally get an opportunity to talk to someone, they find a person who doesn't look them in the eye while prescribing them a bunch of drugs that just mask their symptoms rather than actually getting to the root cause of what they are experiencing. I saw this happen to my ex husband and I was in complete disbelief. 

My mental health issues started at a very young age by the alienation I felt and the overly sensitive nature I possessed that seemed obscure in a logical and masculine driven world. I was overwhelmed by the societal pressures put on me to be normal and that caused me to be shoved into the system at a very young age. I didn't fit in, so I was very depressed, and my empathic gifts manifested as severe anxiety, so I struggled deeply in my younger years. 

I've been on so many prescription medications for depression in my 20s and early 30s... Paxil, Effexor, Seroquel... they are all awful in my opinion. All they did was mask my symptoms and make me feel like I was in a fog, that I could not connect to anyone, or experience life the way I was meant to experience it. They have intense side effects, like becoming more suicidal while on them. How does that make sense, even in a logical way, to give medications to a suicidal person, and those meds can make them more suicidal? Also, if you give someone SSRIs that is bipolar for example, they have side effects that are more severe, as this happened to my ex husband and he started to hallucinate while on them. 

I always thought the mind-set of most health care professionals was, for lack of a more sophisticated term; completely wack. 

I think there is a huge problem with how mental health care professionals are trained to diagnose people. They are only using outdated methods that are not helping a population in the middle of awakening. The lengths these professionals go in order to link everything to something of the mind, something logical, is ludicrous. Most of them are not mentally healthy themselves, as I had a psychiatric nurse once literally scream at me for getting emotional during a therapy session, but not before she lectured me for 15 minutes of the appointment on the difference between a therapist and a counsellor. I was appalled, so I left and she cancelled my appointment with the psychiatrist without my permission. I had another counsellor who wanted to film me for study, then proceeded to stare at me blankly, as they had nothing to offer in response to the life I was living and what I was feeling, as they could not even relate to the depth of the emotions I was experiencing.  The worst experience I had was when I woke up in the U of A Hospital in Edmonton after overdosing, first having a therapist come see me before I could be discharged. I started to explain what was going on in my life that led me to that point, and I got "I don't need to hear your life story" as a response. I was like... wow, this system is extremely broken. I left without any follow-up support and felt like they just saw me as a burden on the health care system, like my annoying "emotional problems" were getting in the way of them doing "real healing." That city needs a lot of healing and people are struggling, and their experience is to just close off their hearts and feed them to the wolves of society, who want them medicated so they can feel more comfortable in their little bubbles of illusion. 

After years of being pharmaceutically mediated, and feeling no better from those prescriptions, I did psilocybin once, and that was enough to break through this pattern of depression I had got stuck in for over 2 decades. I watched an amazing documentary recently released on Netflix, I would highly recommend it. It's called How to Change Your Mind and it's about using plant medicine to help heal mental disorders, like OCD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, etc. 

It makes me happy to see them incorporating these spiritual techniques in the healing process, because I know how effective these methods are over conventional methods. They are organic, the experiences they produce are raw and powerful, but they will heal you at the deepest level, instead of just masking your symptoms and trying to intellectually understand something that is not something that can be conceptualized with the mind.

RE: The sorry state of mental health services. - Diana - 07-25-2022

Allopathic medicine, within which is the mental health sector prescribing pharmaceuticals to manage symptoms, focuses on data collected from standardized tests and protocols which do not take an individual into consideration. That is not to say people are never helped from this; allopathy is very good at dealing with acute situations.

Somehow allopathic medicine has circumvented common sense in many ways. Diet, exercise, and connection to others and nature doesn't seem to have a place in addressing health concerns from their standpoint. Whatever the situation, whether pharmaceuticals are indicated or not, connecting to nature and others, good diet and some sort of exercise would be beneficial.

The general state of mental health across the world I also think has been very affected by the digital age. Many people are attached to their phones/devices watching life rather than even noticing what is going on around them, including the people they love. I'm not trying to place blame, I only see this happening and that it is very addictive from my observation. The internet has paradoxically allowed more connection (virtually) and more separation (in the real world).

There are plants that help with balancing mental health as well, aside from the paradigm-shifting psychedelics, such as St. John's Wort for depression. Plants are the healers on this planet. It's worth researching herbs and plants for particular issues.

RE: The sorry state of mental health services. - Phoenix - 07-25-2022

(07-25-2022, 10:19 AM)Spiritualchaos Wrote: ... as they had nothing to offer in response to the life I was living and what I was feeling, as they could not even relate to the depth of the emotions I was experiencing.  

I am still kind of digesting your response but I wanted to quote this. This is something I think is very relevant to the discussion. I think there is a lot of cultural crap surrounding this which I really think is very dysfunctional. I do not understand people that seem to exist outside any sort of understanding of how humans emotionally operate, I cannot understand a lot of so called 'adults' emotional illiteracy in this area. And I know it was not discussed here, but I also think a lot of women when they get into relationships are very unpleasantly shocked to learn that men actually have emotions outside cultural expectations.

Quote:The general state of mental health across the world I also think has been very affected by the digital age. Many people are attached to their phones/devices watching life rather than even noticing what is going on around them, including the people they love. I'm not trying to place blame, I only see this happening and that it is very addictive from my observation. The internet has paradoxically allowed more connection (virtually) and more separation (in the real world).

This is another point that I forgot to mention. Well there are two points actually but the one that relates to this is that people are so f'n cold with each other. A lot of people with these problems become excessively extroverted and that is how they moderate their emotions. A lot of people. I have seen this a lot. In fact, 75% of the time when I see a very extroverted person, especially guys, I expect that something like this is sitting in the shadows of that person. In lockdown when everyone "social distanced", a lot of people that were inclined this way were left with nothing and their psychology fell apart. A lot of these types are too afraid of closer, more intimate connections as well; reminiscent of the borderline fear of "engulfment"; and also the general view that people that are messed up often try to keep a lot of themselves private and keep soldiering on which of course slowly makes things worse!

The other thing that causes massive problems is "work". This is a factor that drives a lot of people over the edge. An aspect of this I feel is how shallow work relationships are. A lot of those places when you leave you never see anyone there again. I had a colleague commit suicide at one place I worked and no one cared, just carried on! The trouble is is that the more you analyse it the more it just all goes back to the deep state and it should be obvious life will improve without all of their various machinations. That seems to be the underlying factor in most issues. However, I still think mental health as a standalone issue is very important and very directly relevant to those that are interested in service to others.

(07-25-2022, 11:31 AM)Diana Wrote: Allopathic medicine, within which is the mental health sector prescribing pharmaceuticals to manage symptoms, focuses on data collected from standardized tests and protocols which do not take an individual into consideration. That is not to say people are never helped from this; allopathy is very good at dealing with acute situations.

Somehow allopathic medicine has circumvented common sense in many ways. Diet, exercise, and connection to others and nature doesn't seem to have a place in addressing health concerns from their standpoint. Whatever the situation, whether pharmaceuticals are indicated or not, connecting to nature and others, good diet and some sort of exercise would be beneficial.

The general state of mental health across the world I also think has been very affected by the digital age. Many people are attached to their phones/devices watching life rather than even noticing what is going on around them, including the people they love. I'm not trying to place blame, I only see this happening and that it is very addictive from my observation. The internet has paradoxically allowed more connection (virtually) and more separation (in the real world).

There are plants that help with balancing mental health as well, aside from the paradigm-shifting psychedelics, such as St. John's Wort for depression. Plants are the healers on this planet. It's worth researching herbs and plants for particular issues.

I actually was at the dentist the other day, and I was sitting in the waiting room, looking around as I always do, observing life. One guy was also sitting in the room, who wasn't on their phone. And he must have sensed that I was happy about that and he started a conversation with me, and I said to him it was nice to see someone else engaging with life, and he agreed that people need to communicate with each other more. All of that by NOT being on a phone. I don't own a cell phone, people think it's weird. I think it's weird, that my Dad as an example, makes sure my Mom has a cell phone, even though she has zero need for it, she lives in a small town and doesn't like to talk on the phone and works one block away.  It's such a large part of our culture that people think it's a necessity when it's just something more to distract us further from what is going on around us.

As for herbs, I agree they can be quite therapeutic. I have used them for pineal gland decalcification and had very positive results. I used Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle after I had my son to help increase my milk production, as my PCOS was causing me to make very little and it was extremely heartbreaking. It helped quite a bit (but tasted awful) and I was able to give my son a bottle every day and a half, as opposed to hardly anything, and I was able to help boost his immunity for 6 months. I do think pharmaceuticals also have their place, but I don't think they have the kind of use that most people prescribe them for. I once was on 3 antidepressants at a time, and was in a chemical depression from that plus the other 5 or 6 prescriptions they had me on for a variety of other things. As an example, I took Pantoloc for years for my acid reflux, but having low acid in your stomach for extended periods of time tends to create a situation where you are more susceptible to stomach ulcers. I almost had a stomach ulcer, had to take a ton of antibiotics to kill the bacteria, and then had to have a Fundoplication instead (because I couldn't afford to increase my Pantoloc dosage as my plan only covered one pill a day per month), which undid itself in my 30s, and there was actually no point of putting myself through that 4 hour surgery and 3 days in the hospital for the damage caused by painkillers and anxiety. It is a slippery slope from trying to maintain things to trying to mask them completely, and even then, maintaining can cause more damage.

I think the health care/mental health care system needs a serious upgrade, maybe taking it more out of a solid logical standpoint and start considering emotions, our connection to plants, and chemical sensitivities, etc. etc. to find other alternatives.

RE: The sorry state of mental health services. - Sacred Fool - 07-25-2022

This is such a disturbing conversation that--believe it or not--it is goading me to double down on my spiritual work so that I can more effectively help in the process of delivering healing energies into our poor puckered planet.

Please,

Anyone who visits this archive, be CAREFUL, please… this stuff is dangerous and has been programmed to crush your hopes and dreams by taking way your ability to read energy. Energy is EVERYTHING. No being able to read energy is dangerous. The more exposure one has to AI technology, which is what the LOO is, the more difficult it is to read the layers that are usually within every single word.

The word “bard” for example is one that Google is using to name their AI technology. This word has tons of meaning, yet AI will take the depth out of it and make it a basic boring word with no energy or meaning.

Microsoft has Bing. AI rolled out and this archive was collected and put into an Access database and apparently sold for AI “opinion mining.”

Why did these boards shut down? We think it was in order to protect the people from whatever the internet was going to become or sell the data to the highest bidder…

The new version of this bullshit has AI versions of people no one can even tell whether or not they are AI.

THAT IS FUCKING DANGEROUS.

Post deleted

RE: The sorry state of mental health services. - Sacred Fool - 07-25-2022

(07-25-2022, 12:51 PM)Spiritualchaos Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 12:40 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote: This is such a disturbing conversation that--believe it or not--it is goading me to double down on my spiritual work so that I can more effectively help in the process of delivering healing energies into our poor puckered planet.

This is the very reason why I never give up, why I forgive and love everyone, no matter how they appear on the surface. This planet needs a ton of healing and I am here to be of service.

You're saying that you never gave up on me?  You had always hoped I'd pull my head away from my posterior, straighten up and fly right?  Well, I surely do admire the magnitude of your faith!!!   Thank you very much.

(07-25-2022, 11:31 AM)Diana Wrote: There are plants that help with balancing mental health as well, aside from the paradigm-shifting psychedelics, such as St. John's Wort for depression. Plants are the healers on this planet. It's worth researching herbs and plants for particular issues.

Another point on this and later points on models of healing. Is that there are a lot of people that use free will to simply block out all of these tools. Like, another thing in the spiritual variety is prayer and I have seen how people reject that.

The example I started with of having some sort of correct diagnosis system I think is positive since this wisdom is what is mainstream and I think it can help because it gives what I have seen to be the only really effective thing which is... love and friendship. People are willing to take mental health seriously in those terms I think. There is another possibility I think which is brain scans. James Fallon who also talks in this area talks about just doing brainscans of everyone and starting the diagnosis again.

Quote:I have a good example from my partner's work. They had a new guy start last week who was an extremely hard worker, but he was loud and abrasive, but completely harmless. He was talking about his own life, asking a question in a discussion about his transgendered child. He never said anything offensive, it was more just a statement for discussion. Another co-worker was offended by the way he worded his question and was triggered, then demanded that this person be fired or he would not work with them. This person was transgendered themselves, and was easily triggered by the new employees way of talking about it. My partner tried to smooth over the situation by helping people see all points of view, but everyone was just so sensitive and easily triggered that the boss just decided to let that guy go instead of trying to figure out how to work someone who isn't afraid to express themselves. No one here seems to want to heal or learn from situations even when they are presented to them on a silver tray.  There is so much emotional repression here, it doesn't even matter if they are female or male, they all seem repressed in one way or another. But our culture demonizing men having emotions has not helped the situation at all, looking at a guy crying like they are green with 5 arms or something, or trying to beat it out of them with dominance. It's emotional immaturity at its finest.

Imo this one is quite simple the transgender employee is STS. Mental health as we experience it is only a priority to the STO, STS is too superior for such concepts unless it is used to back up a victim narrative used to be parasitical.. I suppose that brings another element in. If there are people that are STS in our society going around intentionally harming others and there are a lot of STO people that are not inclined to defend themselves no matter the stakes (one thing I have learned) then that presents yet another pickle!

(07-25-2022, 02:07 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 12:51 PM)Spiritualchaos Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 12:40 PM)Sacred Fool Wrote: This is such a disturbing conversation that--believe it or not--it is goading me to double down on my spiritual work so that I can more effectively help in the process of delivering healing energies into our poor puckered planet.

This is the very reason why I never give up, why I forgive and love everyone, no matter how they appear on the surface. This planet needs a ton of healing and I am here to be of service.

You're saying that you never gave up on me?  You had always hoped I'd pull my head away from my posterior, straighten up and fly right?  Well, I surely do admire the magnitude of your faith!!!   Thank you very much.

LMAO Thank you very much for that. Yes, no matter how far anyone has their head up their backside, there is always potential to dislodge it with love.

Post deleted

(07-25-2022, 04:06 PM)Spiritualchaos Wrote: I think service to self and just being emotionally immature are two different things. They were obviously not out as a transgendered person and hearing someone’s reaction that they misunderstood yet appeared negative from their point of view, created fears in their own mind about how people will react to them living life this way. This society is generally not very accepting of this as a whole, so there is a lot of fear to living this way. My first husband Sean is transgendered, and I think she goes by Nea now, so I have been exposed directly to what this does to a person’s focus. When your whole identity is wrapped up in your gender, especially in a society that is not generally accepting of these things, it tends to be the filter you see everything through. And a lot of the gender confusion is native Earth entities incarnating over and over and over and over again, until the point where they are remembering being genders in other life times and it is creating a lot of sexual identity crises for those who remember distinctly being the opposite gender than they are. As souls we are genderless, but a lot of the times, we will identify with one gender more than the other, either for the purpose of learning throughout the incarnation, or we just feel our true self embodies one gender more than the other. As a personal example, I resonate with being a woman more just because of the nature of my gifts while on this planetary sphere, as being a man with the intensity of emotions on this planet would have been far more difficult to survive, as being a woman like this has been difficult enough. I think there are a lot of facts to why we chose to live as one gender over another.

Not out as a transgender person? So that was not labelled as mtf or ftm. But you cannot hide the largeness of a biological womans hips or a biological mans hands. Bone structure can't be drugged out with hormones.The male tree trunk neck, the akimbo arms of a woman or the footsteps that are completely different. Although in fairness society has been trained to disregard these signs. I think I will forego any points on the satanic roots of transgenderism.

Yeah. I do know a 6D guy I was close to who is just very intense emotionally and I think if he had been a woman people would have tolerated him far more than people do in general. His hyperactivity would have been sexy and cute not threatening and his relentless quest for social acceptance would have been less destructive. BUT, I did get a dream explaining to me how he fits into the grand plan. For me I think if I had come down as a woman I would have had less solitude and that would have not been good. I suppose I might decide that I am better in "service" as a woman. But I doubt it. Also my tendency to bring down karmic consequences on people would be less pronounced as a woman. I feel like the essential nature of my soul is masculine for the moment.