Bring4th
Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? (/showthread.php?tid=222)

Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Brian - 04-02-2009

In session 61, Ra said there is a "loneliness which is the natural function of the body as opposed to those types of loneliness which are of the mind/emotion complex or of the spirit."

How do I distinguish between these?
When I am lonely, how do I determine if I am experiencing loneliness of the body, of the mind, or of the spirit?

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - ayadew - 04-03-2009

Hello, my friend.
This is an interesting question, as I cannot relate at all to a perceived "loneliness of the body". In my understanding, loneliness is a feeling which is encouraged by this illusion and the catalyst of false separation, i.e. the 3D world we see, for in truth we are all connected. Thus this illusionary separation I speak of is from the mind, as it's intellectually concluded from analysis. Does loneliness of the spirit even exist?

Peace and love.

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Brian - 04-04-2009

I would like to question the Quo about this. (As well as every other question the Ra material raised)

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Lorna - 04-05-2009

(04-02-2009, 10:52 PM)Brian Wrote: In session 61, Ra said there is a "loneliness which is the natural function of the body as opposed to those types of loneliness which are of the mind/emotion complex or of the spirit."

When I am lonely, how do I determine if I am experiencing loneliness of the body, of the mind, or of the spirit?

I read that quote almost as:
there is an 'aloneness' which is the natural function of the body

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Brian - 04-06-2009

Hi Lorna,
Are you saying loneliness of the body describes a physical separation, while with loneliness of the two higher levels other people may be physically present?

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Lorna - 04-06-2009

Hi Brian

Not really, I guess my interpretation of what Ra is saying in 'loneliness as the natural function of the body' is simply the aloneness that inhabiting a 3d physical body causes - a state of total physical apartness from other people.

Loneliness of the spirit to me suggests a feeling of being disconnected, perhaps not feeling your inner guidance

Whereas loneliness of the mind is more along the lines of societal loneliness, feeling alone because you don't have a partner to share your journey with, feeling 'apart' from others in a room as you described.

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Steppingfeet - 04-07-2009

A question which I had not before considered, thank you for asking, Brian!

I agree with Lorna (great to see you on here Lorna!) and would add the following guesswork:

BODY
Have you ever gone a long time without really being touched by another and then one moment someone does something as seemingly insignificant as placing their hand on your shoulder? Or, better yet, gives you a hug? (Prior to my long term relationship with my girlfriend, I had long stretches of non-physical-contact with others. It actually need not be "long" by most standards. A period of a few days is enough.) Immediately you can feel the stress dissipate from your body, like extra heat lifting from your skin, leaving a cool sensation of relief in its wake.

The stress that is released is, itself, the loneliness being dissipated, I believe. The body has natural built-in desires to connect with other bodies. When there is no contact, there is a sort of stress, pain, or loneliness that is perceived in many but not all entities.

I would imagine that this loneliness is, as Ra said, a "natural function of the body" because the loneliness serves a helpful role in spiritual evolution, that is it begs an answer or solution. It predisposes entities to seek closer contact for the benefit, ultimately, of learning.

Session 15
Quote:The understanding, experiencing, accepting, and merging of self with self and other-self, and finally with the Creator, is the path to the heart of self.

MENTAL/EMOTIONAL
This type of loneliness, I believe, is as Lorna described it: a situation of not having another with whom to share mental/emotional energies, though the other-self as "partner" being only a special but important case.

This type of loneliness seeks its end in the connection with others with whom one can transfer mental/emotional energy. This happens, I believe, in the teacher/student relationship, the intimate partnership, or the joyful connecting of like minds, be they similar in their love for physics, pig latin, or Harley motorcycles.

Not to exclude the emotional component of this type of loneliness, perhaps there is a built-in loneliness which seeks company in the sharing of purely emotional experiences. One could make a case that two die-hard sports fans - especially the type that paint their entire bodies in the color of the team they support - are ending or at least ameliorating emotional loneliness as they share their total passion for their team, and the tears or the triumph that results.

SPIRIT
??

Perhaps, and this is only a guess, loneliness of spirit is a state wherein the self begins to feel acutely its perceived separation from the One. In such a case, this type of loneliness would not easily be placated by means of sharing energies with others. Rather, it is the primary connection between the entity and the One that is being sought.

This type of loneliness would in all probability, if understood to be the absence of the Creator in the entity's life, motivate the entity to begin a lifetime process of ardently seeking the truth... or, if the loneliness was misconceived, it might lead the entity into darker corridors of chemical sedation and escape.

At any rate, food for thought.

: ) GLB

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - 3D Sunset - 04-07-2009

(04-07-2009, 01:35 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: A question which I had not before considered, thank you for asking, Brian!

SPIRIT
??

Perhaps, and this is only a guess, loneliness of spirit is a state wherein the self begins to feel acutely its perceived separation from the One. In such a case, this type of loneliness would not easily be placated by means of sharing energies with others. Rather, it is the primary connection between the entity and the One that is being sought.

This type of loneliness would in all probability, if understood to be the absence of the Creator in the entity's life, motivate the entity to begin a lifetime process of ardently seeking the truth... or, if the loneliness was misconceived, it might lead the entity into darker corridors of chemical sedation and escape.

Good thoughts, Gary. Let me add my 2 cents on your ideas of Loneliness of the Spirit. Recall that the spirit is actually new, upon emergence into 3rd Density. This is not the case with the body and the mind, as Ra points out on several occasions that the mind/body complex exists in 1st and 2nd density (an interesting concept, that of rocks having consciousness, but a topic for another thread).

Given this fact, that at entry into 3rd Density the spirit is "new" (in terms of the Archetypal mind, the "Significator of the Spirit" is pristine), I would translate loneliness of the spirit as being a spirit in such a state (same concept as yours, just a slightly different perspective). The pristine spirit is hungry for spiritual experience, to begin its quest of choice, as it were. The feeding of the young spirit is accomplished through random Catalyst, potentiated by lightning flashes in the dark. As time moves on, the spirit grows lonely again whenever it fails to receive regular catalyst to it help polarize sufficiently to transcend 3rd density and move closer to the One.

Have we not all experienced this "The Dark Night of the Soul"? To me, that Dark Night (another interesting topic for a different thread, about Pop Culture as relates to the homophones of "Dark Night" and the latest Batman Movie "Dark Knight") is the mental manifestation of this spiritual loneliness, and is the root of all our 3D experiences which help us grow toward 4D.

As you said, food for thought,

3D Sunset

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Brian - 04-07-2009

(04-07-2009, 01:35 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: SPIRIT

"this type of loneliness would not easily be placated by means of sharing energies with others"

It would. Others are the one.

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-19-2009

(04-07-2009, 01:35 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: SPIRIT
Perhaps, and this is only a guess, loneliness of spirit is a state wherein the self begins to feel acutely its perceived separation from the One.

I think that this 'feeling', so to speak, is created by the mind, or perhaps, by thought itself, like the oriental concept of manas (hindu for thought).

According to an online dictionary, Discernment and Discrimination stresses the power to distinguish and select what is true or appropriate or excellent.

If at some point the soul discriminates, it is already distinct from the perception of unity that must surely characterize the Creator, perhaps thus feeling already some 'separation' or 'incompleteness' in itself.

Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Sirius - 06-20-2009

My idea of it is Lonlines from vertain parts of life, Spiritually lonely, literally lonely, intectually lonely.

they all inspire the same feeling of lonliness, but from different interpretations alone, looking for a difference, you will only find at the cause and not the end product.

Love and Light

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-20-2009

(06-20-2009, 04:35 PM)Sirius Wrote: My idea of it is Lonlines from vertain parts of life, Spiritually lonely, literally lonely, intectually lonely.

they all inspire the same feeling of lonliness, but from different interpretations alone, looking for a difference, you will only find at the cause and not the end product.

Love and Light

Well, intelectually we´re all lonely. In our minds there´s only our thought, no other thought else. And fortunately so, for if other´s people´s thoughts were perceived in our minds, our minds would like a battlefield for the dominance of each own´s individuality. We are distinct from each other not only for having individual bodies, but firstly for having individual thinking. That´s what brings us closer or farther from each other. That is our center of consciousness and command anyway.
Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Sirius - 06-20-2009

Intelectualy lonely as in a non-condescending way, nobody clever enough, or has researched enough to hold an opinion upon a cirtain subject, sometimes it may be as broad as Spirituality.

My biggest problem, finding somebody who doesent look at me stupid like "UH?"

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Memorandem - 06-20-2009

Perhaps it is possible to be literally lonely, but I think this is different than being physically lonely.

Physical lonliness... Perhaps this means not being around any physical objects?

Ra has spoken about communicating with objects. Would your body get lonely if it could not communicate with other matter?

What if you were floating around in space, nothing nearby? What would that feel like?

Perhaps there is a loneliness of physicality, when you no longer have a body? perhaps when you float around in space as an ethereal being... You get lonely for matter.

Blah,
- keantoken

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - BrownEye - 06-20-2009

(06-20-2009, 06:31 PM)Memorandem Wrote: What if you were floating around in space, nothing nearby? What would that feel like?

I overdosed once and left my body with a group of strangers. What it felt like was being in a bottle that was painted black. No sight, smell, hearing, only a sense of movement traveling to my left across the universe at a crazy rate of speed. After seeing portions of the future and seeing that nobody understood why I left I had the sudden feeling that what was happening was wrong. I had that ultimate willpower feeling trying to get back and viewed my eyesight through what looked like the end of a corrugated pipe. As I came back to my body it seemed like the closer I got the slower I moved. The feeling of having all senses blanked out seemed a little like hell I thought. Especially after having read Dantes Inferno previously. For some people it might fit with them but for me isolation is horrible.

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-21-2009

(06-20-2009, 06:31 PM)Memorandem Wrote: Physical lonliness... Perhaps this means not being around any physical objects?

I can´t see how that is possible :-) If not else, the soil under our feet is material. Air is material, and so is the human body.

But it doesn´t take speech to communicate or bond with others. There´s an energetical communication all the time with everything around us. The only things that change in this communication is:
- perception of the surroundings
- the attraction towards it,
- and the aversion.

I´ve tried this already: you can communicate with someone just with these energies (attraction/aversion). You don´t even have to look at the person. I´m sure that everyone has already perceived with more or less intensity. That may be body distinctiveness, but it sure is energetic interaction.
Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-21-2009

[/quote]Not in my experience, Bruno. I constantly pick up other people's emotions and thoughts, sometimes to the point where it's unbearable. It's not a battle of wills, as though other thoughts are trying to control me, but more like (as I described it to a friend) having five or ten radio sets strapped to my head, all on different channels and at full volume. [quote]

Ok, but that is picking up thoughts, not sharing them. What i meant was something like 'mental' comunication, sharing thoughts, literally. Like in the case of the woman you told about, but with everyone picking up each other´s thoughts. The problem in such a case, as was the problem with that woman, is that people are not honest and have always something to hide. If this wasn´t so, that woman wouldn´t have had any problem with the picking up of other people´s thoughts - no one would have anything to hide and thus no one would fear mind-sharing. Summing up, i meant to say that i believe that loneliness, even spiritual, starts like this example i´ve given - in the mind, and particularly due to fear. But attention, this is only my personal belief.
Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-22-2009

(06-21-2009, 06:32 PM)Taha Wrote: I definitely agree that if there were no mistrust, no negative thoughts and emotions, etc., it would all be so much easier. I personally find it hard to reconcile that I have none of that out-of-body, yet am an ordinary pain in the butt like anyone else while in the world.

That doesn´t mean you have in-body negativity.
Take Christ for example: He wasn´t negative, and still He was a major pain in the authorities butts.
What happened?
It´s like the symbology of the sun: it reveals what is hidden (to hide = to fear).
While the authorities were living for the sake of their own agendas, Christ was living to reveal the essence. He wasn´t negative, as a person who is kind and honest isn´t too - it just stirs other people´s negativity.

The woman you told about - was she being unkind by revealing their thoughts? Well, if truth seems somewhat unkind sometimes, it is either bad or it´s us that love the opposite (living in the shadows)...
Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - carlaung - 06-22-2009

(04-05-2009, 06:17 PM)Lorna Wrote:
(04-02-2009, 10:52 PM)Brian Wrote: In session 61, Ra said there is a "loneliness which is the natural function of the body as opposed to those types of loneliness which are of the mind/emotion complex or of the spirit."

I read that quote almost as:
there is an 'aloneness' which is the natural function of the body

My Celestial Friends,
Perhaps,the recurring answer is with in yourself. For is it not to seek the creator.And our creator is within ourselves.We seek outside expulision for our faults and questions of our own reality,when the "heart" the "essence"the "truth" of our very existence is with our selves.
Be it a Biblical,Spiritual our what pleases your essence. The truth remains that you/I are SOULEY responsibly for our own deeds and thoughts in this plane of existance.
We are by far means "ALONE" in any aspect. Look into the light of creation for your solice.
I am here as your fellow transiant soul on this current plain of existance.
My grammer may not be succsient but my heart is true.
Love and Light to All who seek

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-23-2009

(06-22-2009, 07:14 PM)carlaung Wrote: We are by far means "ALONE" in any aspect.

Well, we all learn that from mystical teachings of any kind. The question is why do we feel the opposite.

We could feel intimately connected to everything even with separate bodies, but that is not the case, is it?

The oriental teachings teach us that this perception of separateness begins with the buddhi (mind-enlightenment) principle, the 2nd of the triple spiritual ego:

"when we get deep enough in meditation, we discover that it was the subtlest aspect of Buddhi that first started to see division in ourselves and the universe. In other words, although Buddhi is used as a tool for deepening experience in meditation, it was Buddhi who carved up the universe in the first place, seeing division where there is unity. To discriminate between Buddhi and pure consciousness is one of the final stages in the meditative journey." (http://www.swamij.com)

Meaning that this feeling of separation is not caused by the material plane only, the root or cause is actually spiritual.

Also, the Omnipresent Love that is at the heart of all creation is so unbelievably Real that it is just too much for the soul to bear, choosing henceforth to hide from such an overwhelming, ego-nulifying sensation (love, like water, dilutes and connects all forms better than air, it connects the divisions).

All has been perfectly calculated by the Creator, and like the bible says, "there´s a time for everything", a time for oneness and a time for division.
Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - Bruno - 06-24-2009

Thank you Taha.

By the way, to not confound anyone, this thing i´ve written:

(06-23-2009, 07:23 PM)Bruno Wrote: Also, the Omnipresent Love that is at the heart of all creation is so unbelievably Real that it is just too much for the soul to bear, choosing henceforth to hide from such an overwhelming, ego-nulifying sensation (love, like water, dilutes and connects all forms better than air, it connects the divisions).

is strictly metaphorical of course, hope you´ll understand.

Bruno

RE: Loneliness of Body, Mind or Spirit; which is which? - paddy - 09-29-2009

When I pondered this thread, the concept of the Logos came to mind. Possibly there's some integrated solitary nature of the Logos that is coded in us, engrained and inescapable, yet whole. So in the company of others, we may find solace in this intrinsic shared characteristic somehow, even though there may be trouble describing that very well, whatever it is. Just blame it on the Logos.

paddy