Bring4th
Definition of Spirit - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Definition of Spirit (/showthread.php?tid=229)

Definition of Spirit - Brian - 04-07-2009

Ra often uses the word spirit and they seldom definined their technical terms. I would like to ask them what they meant by this word.

The classsic era Greeks in their Mystery school taught that we have three levels of the mind which they symbolized with three elements. The instincts of this Earthly body were naturally enough symbolized with Earth or Stone. The next level up was called the Water mind, as water floats above a stone basin such as a seabed, and so effectively represents a next higher level than the Earth mind.

The third level was then the Air mind. This the Greeks called the Pneuma as we today call an air filled bicycle tire a pneumatic tire. The Roman translation of Pneuma is Spirit. Our word "reSPIRation" for breathing air comes from the same Latin root for air as does SPIRit.

Is this what Ra means?
This still does not inform very much, as I do not know what the Mystery school said of the Air mind; nor the Water mind either for that matter.

RE: Definition of Spirit - lowki - 04-07-2009

We with You have the answer.

Spirit is OR.

Ra cosmology for first 4:
"
Questioner: Thank you. Can you tell me of the first known thing in the creation?

Ra: I am Ra. The first known thing in the creation is infinity. The infinity is creation.

Questioner: From this infinity then must come what we experience as creation. What was the next step or the next evolvement?

Ra: I am Ra. Infinity became aware. This was the next step.

Questioner: After this, what came next?

Ra: I am Ra. Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.” The Creator is the focusing of infinity as an aware or conscious principle called by us as closely as we can create understanding/learning in your language, intelligent infinity.

Questioner: Can you state the next step?

Ra: I am Ra. The next step is still at this space/time nexus in your illusion achieving its progression as you may see it in your illusion. The next step is an infinite reaction to the creative principle following the Law of One in one of its primal distortions, freedom of will.
"
Free is the primitive logical concept OR, as in, you can do this OR that.

mind/body/spirit also mentioned by Ra is not, and, or (the three most basic connectives).
Awareness(cosmology) like Mind(tarot), Love(cosmology) like Love(tarot), Freedom(cosmology) like Spirit(tarot).

So when someone is here is Spirit, that is like saying they are here in OR, so there is a universe where they are there with us, without us, and us without them. Spirit is much like a reference to an alternate universe in the OR sense.

from my understanding

eternity, aware, love, freedom. (Ra cosmology)
god, mind, body, spirit. (Ra tarot)
null, not, and, or. (Leibniz binary logic, used in computers)
0, 1, 2, 3. (natural numbers)

RE: Definition of Spirit - Earthcat - 04-07-2009

Spirit is another name for higher self.

RE: Definition of Spirit - 3D Sunset - 04-08-2009

(04-07-2009, 08:41 PM)Brian Wrote: Ra often uses the word spirit and they seldom defined their technical terms. I would like to ask them what they meant by this word.

I do not claim to be able to answer for those of Ra, but I will attempt to reply using as few of any other entity's words as possible. The most specific definition of Spirit that Ra give is this:

Ra, Book II, Session 30 Wrote:Questioner: Thank you. Would you define mind, body, and spirit separately?

Ra: I am Ra. These terms are all simplistic descriptive terms which equal a complex of energy focuses; the body, as you call it, being the material of the density which you experience at a given space/time or time/space; this complex of materials being available for distortions of what you would call physical manifestation.

The mind is a complex which reflects the in-pourings of the spirit and the up-pourings of the body complex. It contains what you know as feelings, emotions, and intellectual thoughts in its more conscious complexities. Moving further down the tree of mind we see the intuition which is of the nature of the mind more in contact or in tune with the total being-ness complex. Moving down to the roots of mind we find the progression of consciousness which gradually turns from the personal to the racial memory, to the cosmic influxes, and thus becomes a direct contactor of that shuttle which we call the spirit complex.

This spirit complex is the channel whereby the in-pourings from all of the various universal, planetary, and personal inpourings may be funneled into the roots of consciousness and whereby consciousness may be funneled to the gateway of intelligent infinity through the balanced intelligent energy of body and mind.

You will see by this series of definitive statements that mind, body, and spirit are inextricably intertwined and cannot continue, one without the other. Thus we refer to the mind/body/spirit complex rather than attempting to deal with them separately, for the work, shall we say, that you do during your experiences is done through the interaction of these three components, not through any one.

Below are some of the more interesting (to me, at least), discussions Ra has as regards the spirit:

With respect to healing:

Ra, Book I, Session 4 Wrote:To speak to the third, if you will, imagine the function of the magnet. The magnet has two poles. One reaches up. The other goes down. The function of the spirit is to integrate the upreaching yearning of the mind/body energy with the downpouring and streaming of infinite intelligence. This is a brief explication of the third area.

Ra, Book I, Session 6 Wrote:That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle or communicator from the entity’s individual energy/will upwards, and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.

On the creation and evolution of the spirit:

Ra, Book I, Session 13]
Questioner: Then how does the second density progress to the third?

Ra: I am Ra. The second density strives towards the third density which is the density of self-consciousness or self-awareness. The striving takes place through the higher second-density forms who are invested by third-density beings with an identity to the extent that they become self-aware mind/body complexes, thus becoming mind/body/spirit complexes and entering third density, the first density of consciousness of spirit.[/quote]

[quote=Ra, Book I, Session 17 Wrote:
Ra: I am Ra. Those who heal may be of any density which has the consciousness of the spirit. This includes third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh. The third density can be one in which healing takes place just as the others. However, there is more illusory material to understand, to balance, to accept, and to move forward from.

Ra, Book IV, Session 92]
Ra: I am Ra. The Potentiator of Mind and of Body are both involved in the questing of the infant for new experience. The mind/body/spirit complex which is an infant has one highly developed portion which may be best studied by viewing the Significators of Mind and Body. You notice we do not include the spirit. That portion of a mind/body/spirit complex is not reliably developed in each and every mind/body/spirit complex. Thusly the infant’s significant self, which is the harvest of biases of all previous incarnational experiences, offers to this infant biases with which to meet new experience. [/quote]

[quote=Ra, Book I, Session 19 Wrote:
Questioner: When this transition from second to third density takes place, how does the entity, whether it be animal, [vegetable] tree, or mineral, become enspirited?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities do not become enspirited. They become aware of the intelligent energy within each portion, cell, or atom, as you may call it, of its beingness.

This awareness is that which is awareness of that already given. From the infinite come all densities. The self-awareness comes from within given the catalyst of certain experiences understanding, as we may call this particular energy, the upward spiraling of the cell or atom or consciousness.

You may then see that there is an inevitable pull toward the, what you may call, eventual realization of self.

Ra, Book I, Session 20 Wrote:During the first, shall we say, perhaps 150 to 200 of your years as you measure time, a mind/body/spirit complex is going through the process of a spiritual childhood. The mind and the body are not enough in a disciplined configuration to lend clarity to the spiritual influxes. Thus, the remaining time span is given to optimize the understandings which result from experience itself.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset

RE: Definition of Spirit - paddy - 09-27-2009

Quote:During the first, shall we say, perhaps 150 to 200 of your years as you measure time, a mind/body/spirit complex is going through the process of a spiritual childhood. The mind and the body are not enough in a disciplined configuration to lend clarity to the spiritual influxes. Thus, the remaining time span is given to optimize the understandings which result from experience itself.

That's an interesting excerpt. It seems as if lack of self discipline causes a lack of clarity that causes less than optimized understandings of experience. In a way, it reminds me of the concept of disregarded catalyst. (The notion of developing discernment may relate to being able to sort spiritual inpourings.)

I thought there was also Ra mention of a progression: from mind to body to spirit. The reason I thought of that was the feeling a person has when they find themselves in an enormously inspired state, may be closer to a description of spirit than words might describe.

paddy