Bring4th
Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... (/showthread.php?tid=2356)

Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Peaceful - 03-10-2011

I would just like to introduce myself and let others know a bit about me.

I can't say if I am a wanderer or not... I think a "journeyman" would be a better term for me.

As with many others here, I have had a passion for truth and answers to questions since I was a small child.

One of my earliest memories was playing with my blocks on the kitchen floor as my parents listened to a Jehovah's Witness speak about God and their philosophy. The one thing that stood out as I eve-dropped on their conversation was that saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" was not something the JWs did. That we should only give allegiance to God. So the next day I told my Kindergarten teacher I would no longer say the "Pledge" and told her my reasoning. To her credit, she allowed me not to say the pledge and during parent teacher conferences told my parents who were quite surprised with my making such a decision and that I was paying attention to their discussions.

So began this life's journey. I could tell you about countless experiences that shaped the person I am today... nearly 50 years later. But I won't bore you with details. Just know that I realize I am a Being of Light.

Coming to understand that was a challenge in its self. But I have and also realize that I chose to be here with those close to me. I have two wonderful daughters in their early 20s and a wonderful wife and soulmate of 28 years. (in this life) We have shared others of course.

A life changing book I once read..."The Mustard Seed" by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. An incredible book that took me 9 months to read because I would literally shake as I read his words. He shattered every belief I had about who I was and how I fit in this world.

That book lead me to read his books exclusively for the next 5 years. He truly is someone that I am proud to say helped me break away from the chains of dogma and isms. My parents set the stage for me as true seekers of truth and knowledge... Osho as he named himself in later years, took me to a different level of awareness about me and my fellow humans.

Now as I enter my final few decades... I hope to continue in my evolution of my soul. What that is .. I am not sure. However, I am here. There is a reason for that I am sure. "Water seeks it's own level" ... so hopefully I have found a pond to rest in and contemplate. After reading some of the other posts... I know I will find what I am seeking.

Peace to All and I look forward to getting to know you.

Peaceful

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Meerie - 03-11-2011

Hey Peaceful, welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to hearing more from you. I also read some of Oshos books and some of the things he says resonate with me.
I like the saying "water seeks its own level" (I am a Pisces myself and very watery, if you know what I mean)
Hope you enjoy our B4th pond here! Heart

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Ocean - 03-11-2011

i just took a bath. BigSmile water does seek its own level. i'm an aquarius, Meerie! water is magical. i'm always amazed by it.

uh, anyway welcome, Peaceful.

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Namaste - 03-11-2011

Welcome, brother :¬)

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Crown - 03-11-2011

Great introduction thread.

Welcome BigSmile

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Aaron - 03-11-2011

We're glad to have you here, Peaceful! I look forward to some interesting discussions with you. Smile

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - native - 03-11-2011

Welcome! Heart

The Mustard Seed sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by Osho though I have been meaning to.

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - kia - 03-13-2011

Welcome Peaceful,
It’s great that you are here. I have also read some Osho´s work and it truly amazed me. I have been meaning to read the Mustard Seed so I think you came here at the right time. Hope you find your place in the pond and enjoy the company and the viewing Wink

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - norral - 03-13-2011

Welcome brother
you are loved and welcomed here. i find it interesting how many of us since we were very young have known and questioned things that other people have no interest in. how many 5 year olds would think to question the pledge of allegiance lol. not many. but you were just being who u are.
i look forward to you sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

norral

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - kycahi - 03-13-2011

Welcome to our place, Peaceful. You will find lots of food for thought in these parts, and it's a potluck, so do contribute. Smile

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - nwthomas - 03-22-2011

That is a beautiful story, Peaceful! I look forward to receiving your wisdom.

RE: Greetings Brothers and Sisters... - Brittany - 03-22-2011

Welcome, Brother!

I was raised surrounded by dogma. Wriggling your way free of it is quite a feat! The book that woke me up was "Calling on Extraterrestrials" by Lisette Larkins. After finding that, there were days when I would go to the library and wipe out the whole metaphysics section, just reading and reading for hours on end. It's funny how the information you need always seems to come to you when the time is right. Smile

Feel free to speak your mind and get to know everyone! We're one big, happy family here.