Bring4th
Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research's Law of One Podcast (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: "In the Now" BlogTalkRadio Show Archive (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica (/showthread.php?tid=2493)

Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Monica - 04-05-2011

Hello to all B4 forum posters from Carla and Monica. As you may know, we two have been doing a show on blogtalkradio.com called In the Now: Q&A with Carla L. Rueckert. It is literally made up of your questions and Carla’s answers.

The show seems to have developed a strong following. Our archive listeners over the last two months have been around 1,800 per month, and we started with maybe 27 archive listeners.

We had to give the show a hiatus because of Carla’s upcoming back surgery (tentatively scheduled for April 15th) and decided to take stock.

Our assets are simple: the two of us, and your questions.

Our challenges revolve around the fact that in five months of doing the show once a week, we always seemed to be shy of questions. This puzzles us, because typically L/L Research’s band of seekers full of questions. We have no idea how to encourage everyone to send in questions. How can we do that?

We thought of going to the forums and taking up the issues expressed in each of the threads in the various forums. Our only concern is that we do not want to come across as experts and stifle free communication. If we do that, will it mess up your discussions, or help them?

We thought of having a panel discussion on some weeks, using L/L Research’s oldest and most experienced volunteers to take up questions posed by the Ra sessions. Would that interest you?

And we thought of having special guests who are experts at whatever questions we do field where Carla is not very sharp, such as math and science-related queries. Does this interest you?

You see, our focus is serving you, our community of seekers. That is what the show is about. That is why it is tied to your questions. So how can we do this show better?

All feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much! L/L – Carla and Monica

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - xlsander - 04-05-2011

i like the ideas of where this might be going a lot! the sow was great already i think with these add ons it will only develop more layers of interesting material processed - i very much encourage that thank you!

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Spectrum - 04-05-2011

I listened to the show for the first time the other night, and enjoyed it.

Monica Wrote:We thought of going to the forums and taking up the issues expressed in each of the threads in the various forums. Our only concern is that we do not want to come across as experts and stifle free communication. If we do that, will it mess up your discussions, or help them?

I think it's a nice idea.

Monica Wrote:We thought of having a panel discussion on some weeks, using L/L Research’s oldest and most experienced volunteers to take up questions posed by the Ra sessions. Would that interest you?

Yes.

Monica Wrote:And we thought of having special guests who are experts at whatever questions we do field where Carla is not very sharp, such as math and science-related queries. Does this interest you?

Yes.

One thing that would specifically interest me, is a little book insert (maybe the last 5 minutes of the show). I want to know which books you've read that you would really recommend. Additionally, forum members can maybe also make book recommendations for the show.

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - native - 04-06-2011

I simply always forget about the radio show! Perhaps all that is needed are reminders. There are a couple questions that I can think of..I'll start refining some.

A weekly reminder on Facebook would be a good way to gather questions. For members of your mailing list, a weekly email could be sent.

I agree that a panel discussion every now and then would be interesting.

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Jim Kent + - 04-07-2011

Dear Monica and Carla,

I have a question regarding motivation and Service-To-Others...

In 2005 I found out in a personal session with Q'uo that I am a 6d wanderer and a 6d walk-in...

Since learning of this info I have become somewhat obsessed with getting back to 6d after this incarnation, which has been compounded by the severe homesickness I feel the majority of the time...

I am concerned that my motivation has moved away from true altruistic Service-To-Others, to one that is motivated by the somewhat selfish concern of wanting to return home ( eventually )!

My question is this:

Can you recommend any method by which I may distinguish between STO motivated by altruism and STO motivated by the selfish desire to return to 6d?

I feel that this is also a pertinent question, not just for higher density wanderers, but for 3d M/B/S Complexes aspiring to graduate to 4d...

Are we STO purely for the sake of it or are we STO to graduate...

How do we distinguish which is which and does it even matter?

I hope that this is a worthwhile question for your show!

Thank you so much Monica and Carla for all that you do for us!!!

Jim

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - norral - 04-08-2011

hi monica
i have a couple of thoughts. i think it would help the show if there is a time limit on the response to questions, say ten minutes. this way u could get more questions in in a show. i realize u can talk forever on almost any question but it would enable the show to cover more topics at one time.'
also i think it would be interesting to interview occasionally somebody from the forums about who they are. say for a maiximum of 15 minutes. the reason i say this is we all talk to one another but we really dont know much about each other and it would kind of fill in the blanks about people. the person being interviewed would receive a general outline of questions in advance so that they could prepare for it. there are members here from all over the world and i think it would be an eye opener . also as far as interviewing experts i personally am more interested in people from the board how they feel. america has a ton of experts on everything and thats nice and weve heard from them a million times and i am more interested in hearing from just the average person. e.g. i would be interested in having u interviewed about your life your passions etc etc
i have some idea but actually very little. interview aaron interview gary
melissa and others from the board itself. it would make it more interesting for me. also im interested in finding out about the farm i know it is there is dont really understand it who takes care of it who owns it etc etc etc

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Ankh - 04-08-2011

(04-05-2011, 01:11 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: We have no idea how to encourage everyone to send in questions. How can we do that?

Maybe a weekly reminder on forum would be in place? Like, "in two days it's... show time! What do you guys want to know, tell us!"? BigSmile

Quote:We thought of going to the forums and taking up the issues expressed in each of the threads in the various forums. Our only concern is that we do not want to come across as experts and stifle free communication. If we do that, will it mess up your discussions, or help them?

I think it's a great idea!

Quote:You see, our focus is serving you, our community of seekers. That is what the show is about. That is why it is tied to your questions. So how can we do this show better?

You are two beautiful souls! Heart

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Ocean - 04-08-2011

yeah cuz then people have time to think of questions. it's hard to think on the spot.

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - kycahi - 04-08-2011

With now 1,800 views a month, you are getting newbies as well as veterans. So perhaps go over some newbie postings, if you don't attract any such question, for subjects to begin the program. Then get into something heavier for the advanced members and maybe something in between to conclude.

Audience questions should get priority but, if too few come along ask the forum crowd for ideas.

I am guilty of not viewing enough, but I can think of these types of question:
  • What is the meaning of blah (theoretical)?
  • What can I do about my blah issue (personal)?
Both are good ones to consider. In fact, maybe do at least one of each. Too much of either could be a turn-off.

A reminder right on the forums page when you are getting ready for a program should be good. Otherwise, email ought to work too.

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - shadowstan - 04-14-2011

Hi Monica, I regularly listen to the archives. I am based in Europe and it's somewhat difficult to wake up early morning to make the live show. Few weeks ago I even got up at 4 AM to catch the live show and call in but it happened that that week there was no show. Anyway, I like it a lot and really appreciate what you and Carla are doing. Promise to send my questions and to make an early morning call next time. Much appreciation from me.

RE: Important Announcement (and Request) from Carla and Monica - Whitefeather - 10-16-2011

How do we catch the show? I mean regarding the technical aspect of it? BigSmile