Bring4th
2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research Channeling Archives (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming (/showthread.php?tid=2548)

Pages: 1 2 3

2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Bring4th_Austin - 04-14-2011

There's a discussion on video games going on in the Olio forum right now, so I thought this session was timely and interesting.

Quote:(Carla channeling)

We are those known to you as the principle of Q’uo. Greetings in the love and in the light of the one infinite Creator, in Whose service we join your group this evening. Thank you for the privilege and the pleasure of being called to your circle of seeking. It is a great blessing to us to be asked to share our thoughts with you and we thank you for the opportunity.

As always, we would ask that you be very careful in discriminating between those thoughts of ours which seem good to you and those which do not. Please discard any thoughts that do not seem accurate or excellent to you. We would not be a stumbling block before you.

Thank you for this consideration, as it will allow us to feel quite free to speak with you without being concerned that we would infringe upon your sacred spiritual process.

Your question this day concerns the joining of many among your people, especially among your young people, with the online games that are so popular in your cultures at this time. There are a wide variety of these games of which this instrument is somewhat aware and we see this phenomenon through her eyes and through the ramifications of your query.

To us it would appear that there are several different energies in motion at this time which influence the popularity of such means of recreation. And so we would discuss various aspects of this question.

Firstly, let us look at the status or the estate of young people, spiritually speaking. Entities within your cultures at this time that are young are, as the one known as T mentioned, possessed of bodies in which the fourth-density energies are in potentiation. The double activation creates an atmosphere in which the mind of the person is sensitive to unspoken thoughts and unexpressed emotion. For the most part, these entities have found it somewhat difficult to achieve a sense of peace dwelling within third-density conditions.

In this atmosphere of internal turmoil, it is natural for entities to seek means of soothing and calming their troubled natures. The online game which this instrument plays is of a type that has the tendency to entrain those troubled thoughts and allow them a means of relaxation and drifting away. This is the simplest type of game. It is not played with other people and its purpose is simply to relax the mind and loosen the bonds of tension and stress that have been built up because of the attempt to do intellectual work for a long period of time.

It seems right that younger dual-body entities would seek video games as a means of escape from a stressful and troubling 3D society.

Quote:The next aspect of gaming at which we would look is that aspect which expresses hostility. Many of your computer games, whether played by the self or played with others, involve a great deal of dramatic action in which the online characters are embattled. There is a good deal of destruction and mayhem that is a part of the game. It is necessary, in order to play the game, to move through the patterns of aggression, warfare and the concept of winning over one’s enemies.

Games such as this have a mixed polarity in terms of their effect upon the people who play them. In one sense, there is something to be said for a person who is aware that, within the heart, she has many hostile and aggressive feelings which she cannot, in good conscience, express in the normal course of everyday life. Such a seeker may consciously choose to play such an aggressive game in order to express the shadow side of the self in terms of negative emotions like anger, impatience, judgment and resentment in a way that does not infringe on anyone’s free will. [When] played in a conscious way, where the time is dedicated to expressing such feelings in a non-harmful manner, such an entity may experience a psychological release from the opportunity which has been taken to unload the harmful and toxic emotions and remove [them] from the interior emotional system of the self.

I've always felt and agreed with this. The darker games, if used consciously and for the purpose, help us explore or darker side without real-world ramifications.

I believe in peace, and try to live that way. But to balance, I must recognize the opposite inside of me...the warlike tendencies. Being able to express this through games helps me explore the polarity and balance it with how I express myself in the real world.

However, as Q'uo goes on to say, most people do not play games in this manner. It is competitive, to satisfy control and defend one's self.

Quote:The general effect of the online gaming is part and parcel of the general effect of the way your culture works. That effect is to deaden the sense of focus and awareness within an entity. This tendency of the culture to deaden or numb the emotions and the thought processes of entities is, from the standpoint of spiritual seeking, unfortunate. You have placed yourself in an environment which is heavily overlaid with cultural encouragement to stay asleep. Whether it gaming or any other aspect of the pop culture, the phenomenon involves a great many people aware of a few names, games, events or social circumstances, and focusing on those few icons to the exclusion of becoming interested in the exploration of the self.

I think this session puts spotlight on an important aspect of our distraction-laden culture. The distractions available to use are most commonly used in a way that keeps us asleep, though that is not their only function. They may be useful, but in the broad perspective, is it more harmful or helpful?

In my opinion, the drawbacks outweigh the benefits, although I do love video games!

What do you guys thing?

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Ocean - 04-14-2011

i think it's up to each one to recognize that for themselves. i no longer play violent games much, but i enjoy some games. i like exploration games and Lara's acrobatics. i think moderation is a good thing to consider. i found the Wii sword game affects me badly. Tongue and sometimes i can't stomach violent games. but again it's up to the person. i won't vilify anything that is mixed polarity because there is free will there to choose.
great post.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Etude in B Minor - 04-14-2011

I like playing good old nethack. Its simple and soothing, yet creative. I can't get into these new fangled shooting games.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - NegaNova - 04-15-2011

Very interesting take on it.
I didn't even realize Q'uo ever talked about video games! Thank you.

Also
Starcraft 2 ftw!

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Ocean - 04-15-2011

i'm a vintage person, FPS, Doom! or Heretic.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - NegaNova - 04-15-2011

Aweeee Doom was awesome.
Like the original one?

what do you mean original?

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - drifting pages - 04-15-2011

He means Doom versus the remake released in 2004

*cringe*

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Edinburgh - 04-18-2011

I stopped playing 'shoot em up's' after reading the Law of One material.

It was weird at first uninstalling games from the computer. No one else around me thought it was strange to play these games.

Killing, control and dominance etc didn't make sense after I understood that love was the way to growth. Spending a couple of hours every day going on death defying missions and killing people didn't fit.

It was something I haven't looked back on. Instead I try to listen or read to try to understand more of Ra's / Q'uo's material ... maybe meditate.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - NegaNova - 04-18-2011

(04-15-2011, 11:00 PM)Ocean Wrote: *cringe*

hahahahahhahahahaa

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Richard - 05-05-2011

I know in my heart that I'm a good person. I harbor no ill will to anyone, but I enjoy online gaming. Everquest or DDO in particular. Now if Sony can get their proverbial head out..well, thats another issue best left elsewhere.

Nonetheless, along with digital mayhem there is also the social aspect of making friends and really getting to know people from all over the world. Everyone is basically stripped of all the social and cultural facades that seem to separate people in RL and is fined down to typed text or a disembodied voice on a voice server. And you get to know only entity themselves without being hampered by pre-conceived notions. And have a great time with newfound friends.

While you go out and whale away at digital monsters with them. Some people are going to say...""Oh, that is bad"...But, its just game. As long as you don't carry that aggression forward into RL...then what does it hurt?

Richard

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Nyu - 05-22-2011

This topic I struggle with in regards to whether or not I should let my son play online games. After reading a few things about 4th density children, I think he may be one, but one who doesn't remember yet. It would explain why he is so different from many other kids his age. But I've always let him play computer games. I grew up with them and continue to play them, so I've never seen the harm in letting him grow up with them too. He is very technologically inclined, he knew from around 2 years old, without being shown, how to connect the nintendo to the back of the tv and set it all up, yet in an academic sense he doesn't do well because he just isn't interested in school work.

So my thought is that its ok to let them play, it gives him a sense of social interaction and he understands the difference between game violence and real violence. However it isn't good for spiritual growth, but I don't really know how to approach that side of things in a way that is consistent with the law of free will.

Are there other parents here who have thoughts on the subject?

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - zack231 - 05-23-2011

(04-18-2011, 04:18 AM)Edinburgh Wrote: I stopped playing 'shoot em up's' after reading the Law of One material.

It was weird at first uninstalling games from the computer. No one else around me thought it was strange to play these games.

Killing, control and dominance etc didn't make sense after I understood that love was the way to growth. Spending a couple of hours every day going on death defying missions and killing people didn't fit.

It was something I haven't looked back on. Instead I try to listen or read to try to understand more of Ra's / Q'uo's material ... maybe meditate.

Me too I used to be really into online games on my xbox like call of duty and stuff like that it was in a way a release from something I was feeling that I couldnt explain, I didnt like killing people in the games and I would only ever kill the supposed "bad guys" lol. I used to play a game called fallout 3 on xbox 360 its a role playing sandbox game which means you can do what you want in a free environment, with some limititations. It was based on after a nuclear war that destroyed the world and it was up to you to discover what they called the wasteland and find your father who had gone missing. Anyway you acumualted karma in it for doing negative things. I had a karma level of "Heavenly angel" beacause I always did everything I could do to to help others in the game and never did anything to hurt or kill innocent or good people... Lol even in a game I could not bring myself to hurt other selves let alone in the real world...

Ever since the Law of One Ra material I have never played a violent video game since actually I havent played a video game since its been about 4 months now and I know I will never go back.. Because violent video games disgust me now

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - xlsander - 05-23-2011

i love playing fifa soccer and car racing too

and all these shooters are really extremely pointless to me ...

used to be into COD years back but honestly today it gives me nothin gbut boredom

driving a car or playing soccer however i like to spend some time with say an hour weekly if i combine all game sessions of the week

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Zygra - 06-06-2011

I love games. Games are challenging and at high difficulties causes stimuli and growth. The intellect benefits and one learns to logicly puzzle things together. Real time strategy games especially teaches one to see things that are not emidietly there and the art of visualization and prediction. I have played games since early childhood. Not just computer games but all kinds of games. First it was fascination and fun. Then it was withdrawal and a retreat. Finally it has become a dedication and lifestyle.

It is sad that I see many (especially older humans) disregard games as a waste of time. But I guess that reading a book fivehundred years ago was a waste of time as well as you could have been out in the fields.

Humanity indeed tends to stagnate. I never stop except for when im in need of rest and reflection.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - BrownEye - 06-07-2011

(04-18-2011, 04:18 AM)Edinburgh Wrote: I stopped playing 'shoot em up's' after reading the Law of One material.

Same here. I had issues with pride from being top five for years in SOF2. I got into COD4 which was fun, but as soon as there was a spark of spirit, I quit gaming cold turkey. It was a few months before I even noticed I had actually quit. The fun is still there, but for some reason the fun has no magnetism anymore.

10 years of rabid online gaming just up and vanished.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - ÆTERNAL - 06-07-2011

When I read this Q'uo's session I had the feeling of having done something wrong for years playing videogames. I am a big fan of VG, I recently stopped playing them cuz my attention was taken from my spiritual searching and this happened before read the Ra Material. Now I play videogames rarely because my spiritual searching is most important thing, but after reading the Q'uo session my approach has changed. In the real world I could never hurt anyone, thinking about it cause me nausea, but I still find funny kill my opponent in a videogames as long as my opponents are bots or friends who only wants to have easy fun without any competition. I stopped to play online over one year ago because it made me become stupid and violent, I'm not here to do hurt to others and online videogame drives people to take this bad attitude. I understand it many time ago. I think that if the approach to viedogames, even violent videogames (as Gears Of Wars that I like too much BigSmile ), is easy-fun oriented, without feel hate, rage or wish to control, videogames not necessarily represent a barrier to spiritual growth if the player is aware of what he is doing. As Q'uo said in this case it is just a distraction, sleep! BigSmile
However I love cars so I love driving videogames even, but sometimes the stupidity of AI makes me so angry so I start to curse BigSmileBigSmile but then I think about MY stupidity so I relax myself and take the game more easyTongue

I love Tomb Raider series too, I finished all chapter since 1996 when the saga appears on the Playstation but I find that put enemies in a game as animals is very stupid. Dodgy

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Wander-Man - 06-07-2011

(06-07-2011, 01:02 AM)Pickle Wrote:

Same here. I had issues with pride from being top five for years in SOF2. I got into COD4 which was fun, but as soon as there was a spark of spirit, I quit gaming cold turkey. It was a few months before I even noticed I had actually quit. The fun is still there, but for some reason the fun has no magnetism anymore.

10 years of rabid online gaming just up and vanished.

I had a similar experience with losing the lust to game. Played CS for years, was very competitive like yourself. Wanted to be the best in the world. Over time, I realized there's more enjoyable ways to spend a life.

Hardly game at all now. Kinda weird, considering that gaming was, in a way, all that I was.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - 3DMonkey - 06-07-2011

Lego star wars complete saga wii

Smile

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Nyu - 06-08-2011

I kind of feel bad coz I love RPGs so I was anticipating for AGES for The Witcher 2, and now that its out all I want to do at home after work is meditate and read LOO stuff, I've barely touched it. I hope my darling Geralt forgives me Sad

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Zygra - 06-09-2011

Here is some sweet STS.

Dude, go play the game. You have no idea what you miss. Joy is at your fingertips and you would miss it out because of some spiritual mumbo jumbo ?!

Seriously though. It can be done in a balanced way. The way of the middle is what I have found works best for me with good but not extreme ammounts of positive polarization. This is what I have found would work best for most people. I have found it better to do something smaller right instead of doing something big that just fails. Starting small and then expanding slowly but surely. Patience is a virtue. Enjoy the game.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Xenos - 06-09-2011

I do enjoy many Role Playing games. My favourite has to be the entire Final Fantasy series. It talks about MANY truths throughout it's series, very eye opening and informative ... Even it's project name itself : "Fabulas Novas Crystallis" struck my insides as soon as I played this game. The game mainly is about role-playing as characters who are basically "lost", trying to enlighten out of the spiraling/darkening world.

Best of all, it always talks about crystals, and how energy flows through crystals and we can harness it. Even in the latest series (final fantasy 13), it talks about how if an individual completes it's "focus" (born without knowing what the focus is, but we choose the focus beforehand with the aid of a god), the individual gains eternal life and lives forever by becoming a crystal.

It's such an amazing series. I HIGHLY recommend it to you all, resonates with me deeply. The creators of Square Enix are simply amazing.
Link to description of the entire series..

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy_XIII

Check it out! Smile

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Bring4th_Austin - 06-13-2011

Does anyone else here use video games in the way Q'uo describes, allowing them to help us access and act out our darker sides without real-world implications?

I feel like there's such a valuable tool in that. Has anyone thought about it?

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Zygra - 06-14-2011

Star Wars: The old republic is being released this year. It´s going to be awwwwwwwwwwesome! 100 % sith ofc.

(06-13-2011, 11:44 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: Does anyone else here use video games in the way Q'uo describes, allowing them to help us access and act out our darker sides without real-world implications?

I feel like there's such a valuable tool in that. Has anyone thought about it?

Resident evil, Dead space, Diablo, WoW. I pawn them all and many more. IN THE FACE!! IN THE FACE!!!!

Spoiler alert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhYSl2DOuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbPlTnipCg

sweeeet

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - unity100 - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 03:33 AM)Zygra Wrote: Star Wars: The old republic is being released this year. It´s going to be awwwwwwwwwwesome! 100 % sith ofc.

enlighteningly positive, your faction choice is ....

(06-14-2011, 07:47 AM)unity100 Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 03:33 AM)Zygra Wrote: Star Wars: The old republic is being released this year. It´s going to be awwwwwwwwwwesome! 100 % sith ofc.

Heart I love you Heart
Heart And the one creator loves you Heart

I will pray for your salvation.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - Bring4th_Austin - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 07:56 AM)Zygra Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 07:47 AM)unity100 Wrote:

Heart I love you Heart
Heart And the one creator loves you Heart

I will pray for your salvation.

You sound like a terrible Sith :p

I would still smash his head in if I met him and he would be a jedi. Ingame ofc.

RE: 2006.03.28 - Q'uo on Online Gaming - unity100 - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 04:52 PM)Zygra Wrote: I would still smash his head in if I met him and he would be a jedi. Ingame ofc.

you would find it extremely difficult.