Bring4th
New movies. - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: New movies. (/showthread.php?tid=275)

New movies. - Phoenix - 05-10-2009

I'm sure there's another thread on this. But I can't find it.

I've observed that movies of late, of the past six months or so, are very good. It's like all the cheesiness disappeared with the Bush administration.

For instance, Knowing. Classic harvest that one. I don't want to say how it ends but wow, does it end interestingly.

State of Play recently, I wanted to be way better than it was, verging on interesting plot but not quite there but what the senator was doing in that one was very similar to what some of the new age community think Obama is doing, with Guantanamo Bay and the stuff with Bernanski and the missing 10 trillion.

Angel and Demons and the revealing of the name Illuminati, when following the recent 'popularised as truth' the Da Vinci code.

RE: New movies. - Monica - 05-10-2009

Has anyone seen the new Star Trek yet?

RE: New movies. - Lavazza - 05-11-2009

Yeah, Knowing was a really great movie I thought. Had a hard time keeping the tears back at the ending. Loaded with typical doom and gloom, end of the world scenarios but also graced with a very loving story.

Saw the trailer for 'Angles and Demons'. I've got to say it was really bizarre hearing Tom Hanks yelling 'ILLUMINATI!!!' at me in a theater full of people.

That was right before Star Trek- awesome film! I wasn't watching for any thing spiritually related, maybe I will second time around. (anyone else wish the star wars prequels were more like this one?)

RE: New movies. - Sirius - 05-11-2009

dont forget the 2 2012 movies

2012 doomsday released 12/2/09 12th february that is to you americans

and just "2012" by roland emerich Independance day, day after tomorrow, that is towards the end of the year.

RE: New movies. - Ali Quadir - 05-11-2009

(05-10-2009, 10:01 PM)Phoenix Wrote: I've observed that movies of late, of the past six months or so, are very good. It's like all the cheesiness disappeared with the Bush administration.
You're absolutely right. There are exceptions off course but I complained as well that most of the movies were so bad, so shallow just action oriented nothing wrong with good action scenes but without an actual plot they still fail miserably.

My suggestion is "The nines" The reviews aren't splendid, but if you subscribe to the underlying world views then it's brilliant. One quote had the hair on my head standing up straight. (Which is scary because it comes down over my shoulders usually) I won't say which one it was, because it's probably going to hit you too. And I don't want to spoil the fun. (PM if you must know)

It ironically is from the bush era. But you're still right, most movies then were really bad. Wink

Another one I loved is "City of ember" it's another one inspired by the brilliant and old "Logan's run" but it actually lives up to it's heritage.

RE: New movies. - Phoenix - 05-11-2009

Well, that should be interesting. I do have the habit of picking up movies I am recomended. (The nine's)

And I REALLY liked the Star wars episode III revenge of the Sith.

I saw the new Star Trek Film. I thought it was pretty cool. I get a little frustrated with the inaccuracies of the technology. What with the Searl Levity Disk and all, and if I were to write anything futuristic, people would be telepathic and telekinetic and... that's that.

But I liked the time warp stuff. And the Kirk and Spock relationship was done very well.

I think perhaps there's an element of audience getting more intelligent. Or perhaps I'm just maturing.

RE: New movies. - Sirius - 05-17-2009

(05-11-2009, 06:25 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Well, that should be interesting. I do have the habit of picking up movies I am recomended. (The nine's)

And I REALLY liked the Star wars episode III revenge of the Sith.

I saw the new Star Trek Film. I thought it was pretty cool. I get a little frustrated with the inaccuracies of the technology. What with the Searl Levity Disk and all, and if I were to write anything futuristic, people would be telepathic and telekinetic and... that's that.

But I liked the time warp stuff. And the Kirk and Spock relationship was done very well.

I think perhaps there's an element of audience getting more intelligent. Or perhaps I'm just maturing.

They did design the new star trek to appeal to a wider audience. Comedy was never part of Satar Trek.
I recently saw it expectingg it to be absolute pants becuase I'm a real trekky, but I was pleasantly suprised. and as you said the Kirk and spock relationship was very very well done.

RE: New movies. - Ali Quadir - 05-17-2009

(05-17-2009, 10:05 AM)Sirius Wrote: They did design the new star trek to appeal to a wider audience. Comedy was never part of Satar Trek.
I recently saw it expectingg it to be absolute pants becuase I'm a real trekky, but I was pleasantly suprised. and as you said the Kirk and spock relationship was very very well done.

I saw it last week, I must say I was entertained the whole movie. But I did not have the idea that I was watching startrek. Maybe I just don't like Kirk. I found him an unbelievable and shallow stereotype a lot of the time. A so called rebel without a clue. Spock though was absolutely brilliant. And so was everyone else..

RE: New movies. - Lavazza - 05-17-2009

(05-17-2009, 02:02 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: I saw it last week, I must say I was entertained the whole movie. But I did not have the idea that I was watching startrek. Maybe I just don't like Kirk. I found him an unbelievable and shallow stereotype a lot of the time. A so called rebel without a clue. Spock though was absolutely brilliant. And so was everyone else..

Yeah, but that's also true to Kirk's character. If you watch the original series you'll see lots of examples where he's hitting on the women and being sort of a macho type guy. I figure in this movie we're seeing him at his youngest so it figures for me that we'd see him at his most shallow point in life. (especially the bar fight scene).

I agree Spock and the other characters were really well done. I had my doubts that Spock could be played as well as Nimoy played him. Well, I still like Nimoy more but his replacement did an outstanding job. Scotty was even improved a bit, sort of came in as a comedic relief with his little side kick guy. And I wanted to see more McCoy, they cast him perfectly!

RE: New movies. - Monica - 05-17-2009

I was impressed with the new Star Trek characters - they really did a great job with casting - they really captured the personalities and essence of the originals, while adding more depth. I'm a huge ST fan (all the series) and I am pleased with this movie and looking forward to more movies with this cast.

There was just one major nit in the movie but other than that, I thought it was very well done!

RE: New movies. - Sirius - 05-18-2009

They announced another ST movie for 2011.

It is set after star trek V : the final frontier

Source : imdb.com

RE: New movies. - Phoenix - 05-18-2009

I'm going to see Angels and Demons soon and Possibly, Night at the museum to.

Also, another good. Overtly positive movie was Rikki Gervais' film; Ghost town.

RE: New movies. - Plenum - 01-21-2013

anyone got any good recommends for new movies?

I heard the new Tarantino one (Django Unchained) was pretty good.

RE: New movies. - Ashim - 01-21-2013

(01-21-2013, 07:03 AM)plenum Wrote: anyone got any good recommends for new movies?

I heard the new Tarantino one (Django Unchained) was pretty good.

This is by no means new but I watched it recently and found it great.
Man Facing South East.
Its subtitled, was made in the 80`s and shares some similarity with the plot of Gene Brewers novel K-Pax.
It's a 'mental patient from another planet' story.
Full movie here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA5fGQ408hA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Facing_Southeast

RE: New movies. - Cyan - 01-21-2013

Life of pi.

Oh and peaceful warrior

RE: New movies. - Sagittarius - 01-26-2013

Cloud Atlas was amazing.

RE: New movies. - Plenum - 01-26-2013

looking forward to seeing Amour when the opportunity presents itself

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1602620/

RE: New movies. - indiGo33 - 01-26-2013

Highly recommend seeing "Waking Life", first movie that inspired me to do Lucid Dreaming.
Here is a little clip

RE: New movies. - Plenum - 07-30-2013

[Image: xNdR1Ts.gif]

still haven't seen it; waiting for recommends :d

RE: New movies. - Plenum - 03-10-2014

The Wolf of Sesame Street lol.