Bring4th
Newbie Question - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Newbie Question (/showthread.php?tid=310)

Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-02-2009

Like I said, this is a real 'newbie' question:

Could someone please define the term "polarity" the way it's used in this forum? It's easy enough to determine most other terms from the context in which they're used here, but I just haven't been able to put my finger on "polarity".

Thanks,
plur

RE: Newbie Question - βαθμιαίος - 06-03-2009

(06-02-2009, 08:46 PM)pluralone Wrote: Could someone please define the term "polarity" the way it's used in this forum? It's easy enough to determine most other terms from the context in which they're used here, but I just haven't been able to put my finger on "polarity".

Think of a magnet, with its north pole and south pole. According to the Law of One information, we are basically metaphysical magnets and can choose to operate out of our positive, service-to-others pole or our negative, service-to-self pole.

Does that help? I'm not sure which posts or uses of "polarity" you are referring to, but I'd imagine that "polarity" refers to which metaphysical pole we have chosen ("the negative polarity") or, sometimes, to the fact that we have chosen at all ("a being of great polarity").

RE: Newbie Question - ayadew - 06-03-2009

Hello, my friend.
This place forces the matter of choice upon us. Choice can't exist if there is no sides to chose, polarities, opposites, good and evil, right and wrong.

Think of anything. Then there is an inverted thought, an opposite, a polarity.

RE: Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-04-2009

Thank you, βαθμιαίος, that's exactly what I was asking. I do understand the concept of polarity, ayadew; I just wasn't sure what it meant in the context of some of the discussions here, and I sure didn't want to make any assumptions. Thank you both for your comments and for responding so quickly!
plur

RE: Newbie Question - ayadew - 06-04-2009

I see Smile be well in life

RE: Newbie Question - airwaves - 06-04-2009

pluralone OMG! Odd Thomas is by far and alone the best series of books that I have ever read, and my friend I have read many many many many books in my short time here.

I identify with him and his whole situation so much. Blush At the least I can say that my stormy is still alive and well.(they even look alike its wierd)

Thank you for the quote in your sig my friend.

RE: Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-06-2009

Me too, airwaves - the whole series resonated with me deeply, as far as the underlying concepts go. It's such a pleasure to find reading material that reflects my own reality, even - or perhaps especially - when it's just meant to be entertainment.

PS - You are the first person to ever respond to my signature! hee... I've used it on several sites for several years now.

RE: Newbie Question - airwaves - 06-06-2009

(06-06-2009, 02:41 PM)pluralone Wrote: Me too, airwaves - the whole series resonated with me deeply, as far as the underlying concepts go. It's such a pleasure to find reading material that reflects my own reality, even - or perhaps especially - when it's just meant to be entertainment.

PS - You are the first person to ever respond to my signature! hee... I've used it on several sites for several years now.

Before I found the LOO, Odd Thomas was a major motivator among other things for me to keep doing the things that I do. A lot of the concepts and philosophies found in the book along with the story rang very very true with me. It is as if, minus seeing ghosts and a few of the situations odd finds himself in, the author was writing about me. Like I have said, at least I and my brother and fellow wanderer still have our stormies.(it is quite erie how much they each look and act the way she is described in the book) Blush These days when I read Quos words and reread the odd books I well up with such emotion that I nearly fall completely to tears. My wheels have finally stopped spinning and life is nearly too good to be true. My brother an I are currently working on buying what looks to be the perfect house for us, and I have settled into the idea of living a very simple life to the end of this incarnation. Even thinking about it all now I am beginging to tear up.Angel

Love and Peace to all of you my friends.

RE: Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-07-2009

Thank you for sharing that, airwaves. I think I have a really good idea of what you're saying. The first 30-plus years of my life were one long roller-coaster ride... until I became aware of my spiritual reality and came to understand my own cyclic nature within the context of spiritual reality. The difference in the quality of my life is, at times, overwhelming. Sometimes I think back on how things were before I 'awakened', and I just cry. Tears of grief for everything that happened to bring me here to this point, and tears of relief for having gotten this far.

The good thing, for me, is all that hardship helped me become the person I am today. I love me, so I consider everything that's gone before, both 'good' and 'bad' (turns out those are truly only relative terms), to be blessings. Same for everything that happens now, only now I see things as blessings in action, rather than in retrospect. The hard stuff hurts less, and the joys are more clear and beautiful, when seen in that perspective. I guess it's called "acceptance".

Something I've been wondering about the folks on this site, and so I'll ask you (understanding that your response is unique to you - promise I won't generalize your response and apply it to anyone else here; it's just a good place to start): From what you've written here, I think I'm hearing that you have directly experienced spiritual reality. What I mean is, when you said you'd read the Odd Thomas books and felt you were reading about yourself, I assume this means you've experienced some of the spiritual/energetic occurrences and perceptions that were described in the series, yes?

So my question is: How much, do you think, have you learned from reading the publications discussed on this web site, versus how much you've simply recognized as resonant with what you knew from direct experience before you found this site?

Has it been more a matter of having found a language in which to describe what you've experienced, and a community in which to share this, or have the publications opened new understanding for you? Or do all these apply?

It seems, from what I've read in the forum so far, that the discussions here are intellectual and tend to quote the publications more than they are a sharing of personal experience. I could be misunderstanding or putting things in an improper context - I'm not sure. I haven't been here long, and I don't know if intellectual discussion (versus personal sharing) is the norm or if going farther back in the forum archives would show more experiential sharing than can be found in more current posts.

This is absolutely not meant to be derisive about the site, the discussions in the forum, or the people here. The people and their discussions here seem to be very loving and well-intentioned, and while I have not read the publications (nor do I intend to), what I've seen quoted and discussed here is truly resonating with me more deeply than I've experienced with other spirituality-based groups. I'm just trying to figure out if I fit in here or not, and one way to do so is to ask questions, yes?

I'm afraid I'm not getting my intent across very well; hard to do, sometimes, especially when the mode of communication does not allow for facial expressions or tone of voice. That, and my question is based more on a general 'feeling' -- neither good nor bad as it applies to the site and this group, but questioning as it applies to my place here.

And of course anyone else following this conversation is most welcome to respond as well. I'd been wanting to ask this, but wasn't sure where to post the question.

Long-winded for a short question, huh? hee
plur

RE: Newbie Question - Monica - 06-07-2009

(06-07-2009, 02:36 AM)pluralone Wrote: It seems, from what I've read in the forum so far, that the discussions here are intellectual and tend to quote the publications more than they are a sharing of personal experience. I could be misunderstanding or putting things in an improper context - I'm not sure. I haven't been here long, and I don't know if intellectual discussion (versus personal sharing) is the norm or if going farther back in the forum archives would show more experiential sharing than can be found in more current posts.

Welcome to Bring4th, pluralone! (love your name, btw!)

We are a very young forum...just started a few months ago. Participation has been increasing, but we still have quite a few lurkers. I've noticed that the posting has been getting more personal as we all get to know one another. You might check out the Wanderer Stories thread - many of us have bared our souls over there! And, there are personal sharings, interspersed amongst the intellectual discussion, throughout the various threads as well.

(06-07-2009, 02:36 AM)pluralone Wrote: ...while I have not read the publications (nor do I intend to),

Hmmm...I am curious why not?

(06-07-2009, 02:36 AM)pluralone Wrote: what I've seen quoted and discussed here is truly resonating with me more deeply than I've experienced with other spirituality-based groups. I'm just trying to figure out if I fit in here or not, and one way to do so is to ask questions, yes?

I'm happy to hear that you feel a resonance! You are certainly welcome here. However, I invite you to consider reading the actual books...you may just find that to be the best way to 'figure out if you fit in,' since our forum is based on the Law of One books. They can be downloaded for free by clicking on 'Library' at the top of the window.

RE: Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-08-2009

Thank you for your welcoming response, Monica!

You wrote, "I invite you to consider reading the actual books...you may just find that to be the best way to 'figure out if you fit in,' since our forum is based on the Law of One books."

What I've read here in the forum of the concepts derived from the books does resonate - deeply - with me; however, I'm actually seeking others who have directly experienced spiritual reality through their own personal connections and have come to an understanding of these concepts through personal experience.

It seems probable to me that some - if not most - of the folks here recognized the concepts as ones they understood before they read the books; that the books simply confirmed and perhaps clarified their own understanding.

I choose not to read the books because while the reality described therein (what I've read so far) has many similarities to what I understand of my own spiritual reality, 1) there are also many differences, and 2) I'd rather continue to learn in the same way I have done so far, without the books.

I have no doubt that the reality described in the books is very real and true; I don't mean to imply - in any way - that the channelings are 'wrong' or the message somehow distorted. My own understanding is that in the infinity of All That Is there are many realities, some more similar than others. The similarities are what drew me here; what I seek is the sharing with folks who share this basic understanding of our similar realities. If it is not required that members adhere to the presentations in the books as the only way to understand spiritual reality, then I think I may have a place here regardless of whether or not I read the books.

I respect this forum and its members without reservation or condition. I do understand that what brought the folks here together is a mutual resonance with the descriptions and concepts presented in the LOO books, but I don't get the sense that this is a religious gathering where one must strictly adhere to the books as an authority above their own personal experiences..?

Argh. Again I'm not sure I've articulated my thoughts or feelings properly; sometimes writing can be frustrating. I do intend to stick around and read more of the posts, give myself some time here. I appreciate being welcomed here.
plur

RE: Newbie Question - Sirius - 06-08-2009

(06-08-2009, 02:18 AM)pluralone Wrote: Thank you for your welcoming response, Monica!

You wrote, "I invite you to consider reading the actual books...you may just find that to be the best way to 'figure out if you fit in,' since our forum is based on the Law of One books."

What I've read here in the forum of the concepts derived from the books does resonate - deeply - with me; however, I'm actually seeking others who have directly experienced spiritual reality through their own personal connections and have come to an understanding of these concepts through personal experience.

It seems probable to me that some - if not most - of the folks here recognized the concepts as ones they understood before they read the books; that the books simply confirmed and perhaps clarified their own understanding.

I choose not to read the books because while the reality described therein (what I've read so far) has many similarities to what I understand of my own spiritual reality, 1) there are also many differences, and 2) I'd rather continue to learn in the same way I have done so far, without the books.

I have no doubt that the reality described in the books is very real and true; I don't mean to imply - in any way - that the channelings are 'wrong' or the message somehow distorted. My own understanding is that in the infinity of All That Is there are many realities, some more similar than others. The similarities are what drew me here; what I seek is the sharing with folks who share this basic understanding of our similar realities. If it is not required that members adhere to the presentations in the books as the only way to understand spiritual reality, then I think I may have a place here regardless of whether or not I read the books.

I respect this forum and its members without reservation or condition. I do understand that what brought the folks here together is a mutual resonance with the descriptions and concepts presented in the LOO books, but I don't get the sense that this is a religious gathering where one must strictly adhere to the books as an authority above their own personal experiences..?

Argh. Again I'm not sure I've articulated my thoughts or feelings properly; sometimes writing can be frustrating. I do intend to stick around and read more of the posts, give myself some time here. I appreciate being welcomed here.
plur

You sound like me! haha

I personally have read very little of TLOO, I've read the quotes on the forum, I've read the chapter A Little Cosmology(i think that was it?) and the introduction BigSmile But as you said, it is a unification of concepts, I have just written a post on this thread about interpretations of it.

Where you mention personal experiences, I would same mine are well, there is no quick way to sum them all up. Throughout 2007 it genuinely felt like I was on a different planet. It seems though unfortunately, although I know more now, my mind is no where near as free as it was. Giving limitations to things which in '07 where limitless.

A few months ago I watched the David Wilcock videos, you can find them very easily on Google video search. He brought up some things from '07 which I had written off as silly or wrong. I had become really distrusting in what I had found for various reasons, and now David Wilcock was giving them back to me with although he used different words and things, I was getting reapeatedly slapped with, "Yes it really was real."

However now, I'm feeling incresingly free and loved. This forum plays a big part in that. I am a bit of a forum monkey, and my favourite forum for metaphysical things was getting ever increasingly deserted. Or the discussions which where active contained zero content to me personally.

Then I found Bring4th links on L/L Research.

I suppose after writing such a cryptic post I should start thinking about making a wanderer story thread. I'll DRAFT one soon Tongue

I would be very interested in your story as you say it is of a more self realized nature, much as mine is.

Questions are what make forum threads. IMO
A question is proposed, and collectively, we mix our ideas on the subject to make an answer for that person, but through all of that everybody who reads would make an increased understanding of it themselves. Forums are good analogies for Oneness, in a certain respect.
I for one would love for thier to be thousands of question threads, weather they are noobish or not. Yes I am talking to you "observers". ANY question is certainly welcome in any forum, and in this one we are all really lucky to have some incredably knowledgeable people in this mix.

Here's to millions more threads for Bring4th!

Love and Light,
New found friend.

RE: Newbie Question - pluralone - 06-08-2009

Thank you, Sirius -

Your post was very affirming for me. And it led me to return to that other very interesting discussion (for which you even provided a link! thanks!).

I'll posit my comment here as well as there: It seems to me that differences in interpretation of the same information simply underscores the notion that there are many paths, many realities -- that we may not be actually talking about the exact same things here, but that they are similar.

For instance, while I'd accept that the term "wanderer" applies to me well enough, "starseed" does not; my path does not follow - it neither begins nor ends with - the same route as the latter. But the similarities are enough that many of the same concepts apply, and many of the descriptions of the starseed reality mirror my own... again, with differences.

I gave an egg analogy in another post, suggesting that the experience of being the shell is much different from the experience of being the yolk, and yet both experiences are equally "egg experiences". I'd borrow from that analogy to say that I feel the differences between what I experience of spiritual reality and some of what is described in the LOO books is more akin to the difference of experience between the yolk and the albumen. Many more similarities than differences there, which is what attracted me to this site in the first place. As you are well aware, there are very few places where folks like us actually can gather and share without having to wade through a lot of extraneous threads of discussion.

Lastly, for me the value of this forum is not in the ability to ask questions (although this, too, is valuable) so much as it is in the sharing of personal experiences with the paths, concepts and realities we have in common - both where they are similar and where they are different, and how we move forward on our paths. I am really looking forward to reading through all the "wanderer stories" posted so far (I have gotten started), and am especially eager to read yours, Sirius, when you're ready to post it. I do plan to eventually post my own; at this point, however, it would be difficult for me to determine what to put in and what to leave out! So I'll read up first!

Feeling warm and fuzzy and welcome - thank you so much, Bring4th!
plur