Bring4th
It is NOT too late - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Wanderer Stories (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: It is NOT too late (/showthread.php?tid=325)

It is NOT too late - Itisnottoolate - 06-07-2009

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start this off by greeting everyone in the love/light of our creator. I guess I should begin by giving a little insight into my life up to this point and how I have delt with the current experience of life.

My life has always been one of peace. Even when I was young, nothing it seemed could move me emotionally towards anger (which could be rather frustrating to my parents in times of punishment), rolling with the punches has been second nature it seems. If something was removed from my life, I simply replaced it with another. I found escape in my own imagination of places and things I wished to experience. Of course as time went on this became more and more difficult and I have found myself moving towards self imposed isolation, or "Hermit" as some of my friends like to say.

Another aspect of my life began to emurge, one that confusses me to this day. At around the age of seven I made my decision to begin training to be come a US Marine. I have struggled over this decision only recently (within the past few years), trying to get a understanding of what would move me towards this path. Was this path to help myself or was it meant to be tread in order to help others, this question still lays unanswed. During highschool I stayed devoted to my path of service in the Marines and began every form of training I could to prepare for what was to come. Rockclimbing, skydiving, camping and anything physically active became daily routine.

In febuary 2001, I joined the Marines and not long after that I found myself in Iraq. I will not go into much detail here only to say that this was not the path I wished to follow. After my time in the military I found that my life was moving ever constantly towards an isolation of myself or "hermit" as I am now lovingly called by my best friend. This isolation continues to this day which until this past year was preferrable.

About a year ago I stumbled across a youtube video which has caused a surge in spiritual seeking. As soon as I saw this information I knew it to be true. A moment that should have been pure joy was mixed with an overwhelming sense of failure. Am I a wanderer? I hope with all my heart I am not, for if I am my way has been lost for too long. My username was chosen to help support my hope that I have found my way at last and it is NOT too late. I love all of you with all of my heart and I hope this day and those that follow fill you with an unshakable sense of peace and love.

RE: It is NOT too late - Ali Quadir - 06-07-2009

Wow, quite a story, welcome to the forum.

I guess it's safe to say Iraq was not the best for any of us. Maybe you needed to go there to wrap up some karmic patterns. A service to a past life so to say.

To confirm your hope. It's not too late. Even if you're a wanderer you can expect the things that don't make sense to make sense in a bigger picture we don't always see... I have a friend who was with the armed forces in former Yugoslavia. When he was there the seeds for his later Buddhism were sown. What does not kill us makes us stronger right?

Glad to have you here and looking forward to your insights.

RE: It is NOT too late - Monica - 06-07-2009

Welcome!!! We're glad you're here! Just fact that you are here, indicates to me that it's not 'too late.' Remember what Q'uo said? Read my signature at the bottom of this post!

Many Wanderers don't ever wake up at all. You have awakened!!! That in itself is already a success, and is highly significant!

I would suggest asking yourself this question: Why would you have felt so compelled to start preparing for the military at such a young age? Evidently there was some reason that you needed to pursue that path, if for no other reason than to realize that it was NOT the path for you! Who knows what sort of karmic patterns were alleviated by your time in the military...whose lives were touched by you being there...Think about the fact that we even have a Density of Choice at all...why is there darkness but so that we can choose the Light? That single choice you made - to walk away from an environment in which violence is perceived as a solution - might have created an energy that rippled out to others and will end up helping others to wake up to that truth too. In other words, it's easy for someone who's never seen the face of violence to say they wouldn't choose it, but for someone who's actually been there in such an environment, the choice would, methinks, be much more powerful.

This is all speculation on my part, of course. I have no way of knowing what your experience in the military meant to you, or what significance it might have had for you and those whose lives you touched. These are just some ideas that occurred to me, so I am offering them for your consideration. The point is that, we have all had experiences in our pasts that we wouldn't choose now, but if we had not had those experiences, we wouldn't be where we are now!

Love/forgiveness/acceptance is what is needed in the present moment. I would suggest reaching deep inside to make sense of your experiences, and be grateful for what you have learned...rather than feeling that the time was somehow wasted or that you were not on-track for your destiny. Each experience is valuable. Find the value in that experience and be grateful for the lessons learned. It's what we all must do when reviewing our past. We all have had experiences that we might consider 'mistakes' but are they really? Or were they necessary for our spiritual growth at that time?

I'm suggesting some reflection, but I'm not suggesting dwelling on it too much. Some amount of reflection might be beneficial, if you feel to do so, but then again, if you feel ready to move on, then move on!

In answer to your question, I would say emphatically No! it's not too late! As long as you are here on this planet, you still have the present moment!

Some lyrics from Rage Against the Machine come to mind:

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

Actually, the only thing that's starting now is your current choice. The present moment is the most important.

Friend, we all have experiences in our pasts that we may feel weren't optimal. My gosh, over the past year I struggled with extreme guilt over perceived mistakes I made in parenting my child! I even felt that I had failed in the most important task of all: giving him a firm spiritual foundation.

I'm not totally out of the woods yet on that, so I can relate to what you're feeling, even though our circumstances were completely different.

Here is a quote that is helping me tremendously:

10.14 Questioner: For the general development of the reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra.

Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and useable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously see that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking empowers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.

The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer. With this attitude, these exercises can be processed. Without it, the data will not sink down into the roots of the tree of mind, thus enabling and ennobling the body and touching the spirit.

The planet needs your Light. Yours. Your own contribution is unique. And I would venture to say that you have already contributed in many ways, even though you might not have realized it. You might have thought that your life got sidetracked until now, but I doubt that. I would suggest that your entire life has been very significant to others, as well as to yourself, in profound ways that you might not realize. That time was not wasted!

At the same time, your new focus is also highly significant. We're glad you're here now. If the entire world could polarize in a single instant, then just think about how much could be accomplished if one more Wanderer wakes up! We welcome you and, as Carla says, embrace your Spirit. Many blessings to you on your journey henceforth. Heart

RE: It is NOT too late - Itisnottoolate - 06-07-2009

Thank you both for you words of wisdom, I can only hope to become what I already am and in that process help my other selves along this same journey. Your points were already well known to me but the reaffirmation was what I was seeking. For this journey to be successful, I cannot go at it alone anymore. I fear everyday that my isolation has moved me to the path of self service, for if I isolate myself from all that caused discomfort then I am only serving myself. May your light be a shinning beakon to me in this moment of quiet distress. Thank you for your time and understanding, I hope this is the beginning of my true awakening so that I can lend help to all who will surely stumble like I have. May you both walk with peace this day and spread love to all.

RE: It is NOT too late - ayadew - 06-07-2009

Welcome, my friend. May you walk unhindered on the path you wish in life and find much love here

RE: It is NOT too late - litllady - 11-24-2009

Its not necessary to know you are a wanderer. I think your life being of peace shows that there was not so much the need to know this...but yet you came into this world with the vibration of love as your foundation (which says alot).

Just being you to your fullest vibration, which it sounds that this is what you have done, is what is needed.

Its never too late anyways....sounds like to me, it was just right.

Much love
Lynette

RE: It is NOT too late - creationist - 12-18-2009

I don't think it's too late at all, in fact, it's just in time. Think about your training as a marine. If you didn't do all that physical training to toughen up your body, you might not even be here typing this right now. Think about all the negative things before as training, blasting and shaping your malleable form till you are sharp enough to pierce through veils and your future destined tasks. Only if you have seen the deepest darkness will you know the brightest light.

Welcome to the light =)

RE: It is NOT too late - artichoke - 12-18-2009

Sounds like you've graduated, to me. Under difficult circumstances (military discipline, military environment where it is surely difficult to speak out and your perspective is not encouraged externally) you have committed yourself to serving others. Probably long ago, ages ago, but certainly by now. I suspect that you may be working on wisdom training. How to express yourself in a military environment in combat conditions? Good luck, it's a hard problem but advanced training is not easy! Not to worry, just do what feels right, would be my small perspective.

I look forward to reading your opinions on our other discussions here, if you get time to read some other threads. Welcome!

RE: It is NOT too late - Peregrinus - 12-19-2009

Welcome Itisnottoolate brother,

I also served in the military, infantry, eight years, and I did cross training with 3/5 in Pendelton some 25 years ago. I had 14 speciality courses and had three years in recon, 3.5 years overseas time. Coming to terms with the warrior in me took some time, but I have found justification in what I did.

Whatever I have done in my life was, in my current estimation, the sum of the parts of the experience in which I learned that which I had desired to learn, and thus programmed for myself to learn prior to this incarnate experience. If I had not done as I did, I would not have the perspective I have now, which is a wide view. If you had not done as you did, you would not be where you are now.

Do not judge what you have done. It was all for good reason, even though you may not know what that reason was. As we learn from the Law of One, there is no good or bad, or right or wrong; there just is. Take the lessons from it and move forward, for that is one of our purposes here. Those lessons will be the foundation for your ability to build a much larger "self" than you would have been able to build without those experiences.

I could say so much more, but I think that is enough for now. Sometimes a meaning is conveyed best with few words.

Again, welcome brother. It is an honor to have you among the many amazing spirits here on Bring4th!