Bring4th
An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra (/showthread.php?tid=3891)

Pages: 1 2 3

An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 01-10-2012

The Law of One material recommends that we choose one system of study when it comes to dealing with archetypes. The choices that Ra presents to us are:

* astrology
* kaballah
* or the tarot

Ra has an affinity for the last option, as the Tarot was used on Venus as a spiritual teaching tool with great success. A great chunk of the later sessions of channeled material deal with the tarot and its various intricacies. As presented by Ra, the tarot takes on an ordered system; and each and every card is placed there for a reason, and is full of relationships to each other. In the following, I try to present a paraphrase of the overall system, without getting too bogged down in all the detailed analysis. The original text is there for you to read when you are ready to take the plunge.

The following is strictly my personal interpretation as best I understand it; I place this disclaimer right up front.

Some background first: I had no knowledge of the Tarot before reading the Ra material. Zero.

I skipped or skimmed most of the Tarot related sessions in my first couple of years working with the Law of One. It just seemed to complicated, too arcane.

I eventually realised, though, that this stuff was super important for clearing blockages and balancing the personality, so I tried to understand as much as I could. Ra gives you everything you need in his answers; it is just that you have to memorise and internalise a few facts before you can really begin the Work proper. I will try to lay out those facts as best I understand them.

- -

Principle 1: there are 21 Major Cards, these are called the Major Arcana. There is also a Fool Card which can be labelled 0 or 22 depending on your fancy. We stick with the 21 Major Cards first.

Principle 2: The first 7 Cards deal with the Mind, the next 7 deal with the Body, and the last 7 have the subject of the Spirit. Each card is placed in a stepwise fashion; like the rungs on a ladder, you go from one to the next, and don't skip a step. This will make more sense below.

Principle 3: try to imagine the three sets of 7 as three ladders next to each other. The first ladder is the Mind, the second is the Body, and the third is the Spirit. There are 7 rungs on each ladder.

Principle 4: each of these rungs or steps on the ladder is what we call an Archetype. An archetype is like a vortex of energy, or a pool of ideas. It becomes what we need it to become. An Archetype can also be seen as an Experience or an Understanding.

Principle 5: The first rung of each ladder bears a common relationship to each other. Imagine the first step of each ladder as being the same color. Then the second step of each ladder is the same color, but a different color to the first step. Can you see this? There will be 7 groups of colors, going horizontally across the steps of the three ladders.

- -

enough of the heavy stuff for the moment. How about we deal with some Names? before we even see the Cards themselves, let your mind dance over the following words. In time, they will become part of your consciousness.

7 Steps of Mind - Magician, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, Lovers, Chariot

7 Steps of Body - Balance, Wisdom, Wheel of Fortune, Enchantress, Hanged Man, Death, Alchemist

7 Steps of Spirit - Devil, the Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, Judgement, the World

each of these steps represents a unique Energy or Vibration. You will learn to tune into them, and get a personal understanding of the meaning it represents in your life.

Ra suggests we start at the first step of each ladder, try to understand it, then move onto the next step. Once we get a grasp of that step, move up the ladder again. Go step by step, patiently and with a receptive heart. Try to intuit that which your mind cannot consciously grasp at this stage.

Once you reach the top of each ladder, the work isn't finished!

Ra then says: go back to the bottom of the ladders, and consider the Rungs in groups of Three. These will be the horizontal colors that I described in Principle 5 above. So: take the first rung of each ladder (the first step of Mind is the Magician, the first step of Body is Balance, the first step of Spirit is the Devil) and consider how these 3 Archetypes as a group might connect and inform each other.

- -

this sounds like a lot of work! why should I do this?

well, you don't. It's your choice.

well ... at least give me a sales pitch. You didn't write all this for nothing, did you?

Ra says that by understanding each of these 21 Energies or Archetypes, we can clear almost any blockage in our mind, body, or spirit. We can accelerate our spiritual path by accurately identifying, then resolving, what lesson or experience we are trying to learn. It means that when we get knocked out of our peace of mind, we can quickly and decisively return to the place of peace. That doesn't mean it is easy or doesn't take committed meditation to understanding the lesson; but it does mean that we have a reliable tool for working through all sorts of catalyst. The Tarot is like a swiss-army knife for consciousness.

- -

one interjection that I will add that has no textual support in the Ra material is that you can color the steps of the ladder from red to orange to yellow and all the way up to violet. The 7 colors of the rainbow if you will. And then identify the red rungs as the first chakra, the orange rungs as the second chakra, etc.

This is STRICTLY my personal addition to the above understandings. I don't believe that Ra made any reference to this from what I can recall. But it has helped me personally decode the meanings of some of the Archetypes.

good luck on your Tarot journey if you choose to begin it! and remember - always go back to the Source! The Law of One is there, and is a 6th Density source of Wisdom and Compassionate Understanding.

primary text always!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Diana - 01-10-2012

Thank you for this Ra-perspective on the tarot.

Are you saying to just contemplate all the archetypes, in the formation described? Or is there another way to use it after the initial work is done, such as: you have hit a brick wall about something, and you now consult the cards to inform where you need to look (and since you have already seen yourself in all the archetypes you may understand better what the card(s) bring up regarding that brick wall)?

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 01-10-2012

(01-10-2012, 06:51 PM)Diana Wrote: Are you saying to just contemplate all the archetypes, in the formation described? Or is there another way to use it after the initial work is done, such as: you have hit a brick wall about something, and you now consult the cards to inform where you need to look (and since you have already seen yourself in all the archetypes you may understand better what the card(s) bring up regarding that brick wall)?

Hi Diana! In response to your query, I would say:

once the basics are down and internalised, go with your intuition. That doesn't sound like much of an answer at all, but everyone's experience of the tarot is unique. Some people respond vigorously to the images, others more to the resonance of the name of the card, etc.

I can say that once you become more sensitive to the archetypes, you can scan the ladders from bottom to top, and you can feel a sticking point where the energies are choked. You can then hone in on that card and try to ask it what it is trying to teach you.

I guess you could also get the 21 cards and shuffle them, and allow your Higher Self to pick the card for you.

I'm sure there's a million inventive ways to use the cards!

images are here if you want to contemplate them: http://www.lawofone.info/images/

they can also be found in the back of Book 4. http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_book_4.pdf
The images there are really beautiful to look at, and come fully labelled Smile

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - AndresOr - 01-10-2012

Extraordinary effort thank you soo much, i have been trying for a while to organize that information, you maked really simple... much love to you

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Ruth - 01-10-2012

Dearest Other-Self Plenum

I sincerely appreciate all of your work toward distilling and sharing the Ra information related to Tarot. I recently purchased the Egyptian Tarot deck so that I could have a card in front of me when reading the related archetype studies you've posted elsewhere.

Blessings, love and light!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Shin'Ar - 01-10-2012

The biggest problem most people have with the Tarot is that they try to read it as a system of already established symbols. this card means that, and that card means this.

If that was how the tarot was meant to be read, every reading would be the same and have no individual interaction except for the random drawing of the cards.

the tarot is supposed to be a part of the connection between the reader and the person being being read. It is supposed to involve intuition and the Oneness of their fields of consciousness.

No one card ever means exactly the same thing in every reading.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 01-10-2012

(01-10-2012, 09:48 PM)AndresOr Wrote: Extraordinary effort thank you soo much, i have been trying for a while to organize that information, you maked really simple... much love to you

(01-10-2012, 10:08 PM)Ruth Wrote: Dearest Other-Self Plenum

I sincerely appreciate all of your work toward distilling and sharing the Ra information related to Tarot. I recently purchased the Egyptian Tarot deck so that I could have a card in front of me when reading the related archetype studies you've posted elsewhere.

Blessings, love and light!

gratitude AndresOr, gratitude Ruth. Just doing my best to be of service SmileSmile

(01-10-2012, 10:42 PM)ShinAr Wrote: The biggest problem most people have with the Tarot is that they try to read it as a system of already established symbols. this card means that, and that card means this.

If that was how the tarot was meant to be read, every reading would be the same and have no individual interaction except for the random drawing of the cards.

the tarot is supposed to be a part of the connection between the reader and the person being being read. It is supposed to involve intuition and the Oneness of their fields of consciousness.

No one card ever means exactly the same thing in every reading.

exceptionally insightful observation Shir'Ar. I don't know why I chose these words above - "An archetype is like a vortex of energy, or a pool of ideas. It becomes what we need it to become." but you've greatly expanded upon that. Fine understanding.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Diana - 01-11-2012

(01-10-2012, 07:30 PM)plenum Wrote: I can say that once you become more sensitive to the archetypes, you can scan the ladders from bottom to top, and you can feel a sticking point where the energies are choked. You can then hone in on that card and try to ask it what it is trying to teach you.

That's the sort of thing I was thinking. I like that idea. Thanks. Smile

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Parsons - 01-11-2012

Thank you so much for sharing this Plenum! I am beginning to wonder if you are another version of me who found the Ra Material several years ago instead of several months ago. BigSmile

I have also never had any experience whatsoever with tarot cards, but started wondering about them after I found that particular section of the Ra Material that you highlight, stating the 3x different methods of furthering spiritual pursuits currently established(barring creating your own). I decided to "dive in and swim" and buy a tarot deck... But which one is the best for Ra / Q'uo related teachings? Just looking on Amazon for a deck... there are so many choices!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 01-11-2012

(01-11-2012, 02:36 AM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing this Plenum! I am beginning to wonder if you are another version of me who found the Ra Material several years ago instead of several months ago. BigSmile

Hi Duncan! gratitude for your gratitude BigSmile

as to your question of tarot decks, there's no ideal answer as far as I'm aware. Most modern decks switch the order of cards 8 and 11, and some of the cards have slightly different names (Strength for example is used in place of one of Ra's namings).

if you read the post by Ruth above, she mentions that she purchased an Egyptian Tarot Deck, which might be the closest to what Ra originally intended. You can send her a private message asking for more details Smile

peace Brother

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Namaste - 01-16-2012

Be sure to check out the Advanced Studies section, JustLikeYou has made efforts in which to understand and document the archetypes:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

Plenum, I like the chakra link. Although it may not be the case, it's certainly useful in terms of visualisation and organisation.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Parsons - 01-17-2012

haha, I think I found a new favorite tarot...

http://star-crossedcomic.com/tarot/major.html

The Steven Colbert Tarot =OP

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Firewind - 01-26-2012

Thanks a lot for this post! Smile
Exactly the kind of introductory information I was looking for at this point...
(Haven't read book IV of the LOO in its entirety yet)

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - abstrktion - 01-29-2012

.jpg   ASIPotentiator of the Spirit.jpg (Size: 42.37 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   ASIMatrix of the Spirit.jpg (Size: 56.32 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   ASIMatrix of the Body.jpg (Size: 50.4 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   ASIMatrix of the Mind.jpg (Size: 34.65 KB / Downloads: 22) It was great to find this link. I've been making my own journey through the archetypes, nice to know I've got company! BigSmile

Here's the rest of the quote with which Plenum started the posting:
In the beginning of The Law of One, Book IV, RA makes the following assertion: “It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations. It is well to investigate each discipline, but not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker, then, investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in a unique fashion its understanding…of the archetypal mind.” (underline added)

I especially like the end: It would appear that the end result of study is creation (similar to Bloom’s Taxonomy ). We can study all we want, but at some point, we can jump off into our own intuition and understanding to bring forth our own interpretation/portrayal of the archetypal mind. In fact, RA “request that it be constantly kept before the mind…that each mind/body/spirit complex shall and should and, indeed must perceive each archetype, if you use this convenient term, in its own way. Therefore, you may see that precision is not the goal; rather the quality of general concept complex perception is the goal.”

My own view: Perceiving the archetypes may be like traveling to a city and trying to experience all of its attractions. Each traveler would perhaps go to some of the same places, but each would experience them differently, finding different parts of the experience more important, interesting, or memorable than others. Further, each tourist would take similar pictures to represent their experiences, but ultimately, none of the images would be exactly the same. In fact, most of the time, tourists take pictures of themselves near the landmarks—everyone places their own experience as central within the greater picture of human activity as perceived by the roots of mind.

Lastly, RA tells the questioner: “It is expected that each student shall naturally have a unique experience of perception dealing with each image. Therefore, it is not expected that the questioner ask comprehensively for all students. It is, rather, expected and accepted that the questioner will ask a moiety of questions which build up a series of concepts concerning each archetype which then offer to each succeeding student the opportunity for more informed study of the archetypal mind.”

Personally, I thought this sounded like great fun and I've started doing some paintings (which led me to doing some writing that no one but my family may ever read! Nevertheless, I can give page numbers for the quotes I use in this if anyone would like).

Here's a challenge: Make your own images using photographs, drawings, etc. I even thought it would be fun to dress my family up and put them in tarot poses and take pictures. (I know there are places on the internet where you can have cards made.) I haven't done this yet, preferring to focus on my paintings, but if I start taking myself too seriously, I think I may! My daughter will soon be working on her own anime version!

If that seems sort of "irreverent" to you, I offer these thoughts:

Why Not Just Paint the Images Given in the Ra Material?

Since Ra states, “we may suggest a conscientious review of that which we have already given concerning this subject as opposed to the major reliance being either upon any rendition of the archetype pictures or any system which has been arranged as a means of studying these pictures,” I felt that going off on my own iconography with regard to the images was justified.

Further, RA advises that “when viewing the…Egyptian costumes and systems of mythology used in the images it is far better to penetrate to the heart of the costumes’ significance or the creatures’ significance rather than clinging to a culture which is not your own.” This concept was so important that Ra mentions it again: “the distortions remaining after the removal of the astrological material are those having to do with the mythos of the culture to which Ra offered this teach/learning tool. This is why we have suggested approaching the images looking for the heart of the image rather than being involved overmuch by the costumes and creatures of a culture not familiar to your present incarnation.” Because of this, I felt that working to find “the heart” of the image, the basic concept, and then relating that to even more imagery meaningful to me would better facilitate my study. I would imagine that anyone could do the same—we’d even be able to use images of modern life. The Voyager Tarot does a beautiful job of this; the images are collages of ancient and modern photos. The deck is not only interesting and stimulating; it is truly a work of art.

It seemed as though much of what Ra said with regard to learning about the archetypes advised against the memorization of a particular tradition; they seem to reject the notion of a “correct” or “original” version of the tarot as being required for study. In fact, when the Questioner asks if Ra could describe the archetypes as they were originally used on Venus, RA says, “as we have stated previously, each archetype is a concept complex and may be viewed not only by individuals but by those of the same racial and planetary influences in unique ways. Therefore, it is not informative to reconstruct the rather minor differences in descriptive terms between the tarot used by us and that used by those of Egypt and the spiritual descendants of those first students of this system of study.”

Anyways, I've attached a couple paintings--they just represent my views--I don't present any of my ideas as an authority on this! If the images don't post correctly and you're interested in seeing them, just PM me and I'll send you the link to my art site.

Blessings and Joy to you all. This is the first time I've really been on the forum and I'm so impressed by the dedication and love evident in the postings!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - indolering - 01-29-2012

@ abstrktion:

I like your paintings. Cool

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - sequoyah - 02-01-2012

Reminds me of myself when I first read the Law of One, I read every word but passed over the tarot discussion with the most haste; it has been the section I have returned.

The card that confuses me every time I receive it is the Tower.

What do you take from this card?

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 06:01 AM)sequoyah Wrote: The card that confuses me every time I receive it is the Tower.

The Tower sits in the Chain of Spirit. It is the second card:

Devil, Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, Judgement, World

if we ignore the first card, and the last 2, we have:

Tower, Star, Moon, Sun.

this forms a direct sequence, because the true name of the Tower is the Lightning Struck Tower.

the sequence now makes sense because it represents increasing intensities and consistencies of Light, ie,

Tower: a flash of illumination in a dark stormy Night
Star: a brief flickering speck of light, that lasts for hours
Moon: an orb of light that waxes and wanes over time
Sun: a steady bright life-sustaining Light that illuminates All

you can see that the Tower kick starts you on your Journey. It is normally considered a disruptive card, because the Flash of Lightning shows you something that you hadn't seen before, didn't even know existed. It changes your opinion or perspective on Things.

- -

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - sequoyah - 02-01-2012

thank you for that plenum! What do you know I returned the Tower and came here looking to see if someone had replied!

What is your method of consulting with the Tarot?

Is it make a statement and then pick a card?

Is that a method accepted by the adept?

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - abstrktion - 02-05-2012

(02-01-2012, 06:17 AM)plenum Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 06:01 AM)sequoyah Wrote: The card that confuses me every time I receive it is the Tower.

The Tower sits in the Chain of Spirit. It is the second card:

Devil, Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, Judgement, World

if we ignore the first card, and the last 2, we have:

Tower, Star, Moon, Sun.

this forms a direct sequence, because the true name of the Tower is the Lightning Struck Tower.

the sequence now makes sense because it represents increasing intensities and consistencies of Light, ie,

Tower: a flash of illumination in a dark stormy Night
Star: a brief flickering speck of light, that lasts for hours
Moon: an orb of light that waxes and wanes over time
Sun: a steady bright life-sustaining Light that illuminates All

you can see that the Tower kick starts you on your Journey. It is normally considered a disruptive card, because the Flash of Lightning shows you something that you hadn't seen before, didn't even know existed. It changes your opinion or perspective on Things.

- -

Clever and thoughtful Plenum!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Plenum - 02-05-2012

(02-05-2012, 01:57 PM)abstrktion Wrote: Clever and thoughtful Plenum!

thank you, thank you! (bowing)

[Image: QaXq4.jpg]

(02-01-2012, 05:15 PM)sequoyah Wrote: What is your method of consulting with the Tarot?

I actually don't use the physical cards anymore ... I have the 21 mapped out in my mind, and I drift from one to the other depending on the need.

Ra offers:

Quote:76.9 Questioner: Is there, in Ra’s opinion, any present day value for the use of the tarot as an aid in the evolutionary process?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall repeat information. It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will.

this is the point I aim to reach BigSmileTongue

- o -

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - indolering - 02-07-2012

Great quote from Ra, plenum. TY.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - abstrktion - 02-08-2012

Hi All--Here's a link to an art site where I plan to put up my tarot research and paintings as I finish them. Just thought I'd share--please just disregard the link if it doesn't resonate--I don't claim to be an expert on this! I sent the text to Gary and he was ok with me posting it (the blog): http://www.zhibit.org/abstrktion.

Right now I'm trying to get all my ideas in order before daring to read the very considerable work Justlikeyou has posted in the Advanced Studies forum (yeah, I'm thinking that might intimidate me out of the whole project...Confused)

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Ruth - 02-08-2012

abstrktion

I didn't take time yet to read the entire blog, but I love, love, love your artwork. Thank you for sharing it with us. I look forward to watching as you continue your project.

Light and love!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - abstrktion - 02-08-2012

Thank you, Ruth, for the encouragement!

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Shin'Ar - 02-19-2012

The Ancient Ones protected truth through many means of preservation. Having truth and knowledge passed on through legendary tales was one method. The Tarot is another. Those with an eye to see can interpret the various symbols and signals, and apply their meaning within the sacred space of their connection within the field of consciousnesses between reader and client. Each card is imbued with symbolism and meaning, and it is necessary to understand the symbology in order to be able to intuitively relate to the client. Therefore it is also necessary to ensure that the meaning of the symbols is not altered by the redesigning of the symbols.

There are many who think that the actual imagery does not matter as long as the reader has psychic ability. But there is no amount of psychic ability that can interpret the misrepresentation of distorted imagery. The cards have an origin and purpose and regardless of individual opinion that purpose still remains.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - JustLikeYou - 02-20-2012

Duncan, I use the Brotherhood of Light deck. I do not personally care for the companion book or the symbolic correspondences drawn on the corners, but the images of the 22 Major Arcana are beautiful and very, very similar to those in published in Book IV.

I'd also like to respond to abstrktion and Shin'Ar.

I think it is well worth emphasizing that Ra suggests first working within a traditional context and then, once this tradition is mastered move beyond it into personal exploration. This statement, in my own mind, gives the original Egyptian deck and any subsequent decks equal significance. The first deck is like a set of training wheels that you use until you are familiar enough with the energies that you no longer need the support of this ancient deck. It is at this point that the master of these energies then makes the energies her own by creating a new deck which is unique to each adept. In this sense, I envision that each person who studies these energies will have something unique to contribute.

For my part, I have never been a visual thinker. I am comfortable with logical structures, words and sounds. So I will never create a deck in any recognizable sense. I certainly write though....

Please do not be intimidated by my writings. This is precisely why I stopped writing. I do not want to give an air of undue authoritativeness. Much of what I have written is my best effort at producing interpretations which are in direct agreement with the rest of the Law of One material. I'm merely attempting to go where L/L and Ra did not have the time to go.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Shin'Ar - 02-20-2012

I would agree that the BOL is an authentic set of images. But I have also realized that the interpretations of Zain do not meet with my own according to the axctual symbology represented in the images. I think there is a point where a person's intuitive interaction cannot leave behind the actual symbology, and if it does it will not be accurate reading. Having said that I also acknowledge that true reading can only be done within the confines of two fields of consciousness coming together in that sacred mandorle. Where the intuitive reading compliments the symbology, evidence of true psychic communication reveals itself.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - zenmaster - 02-20-2012

(02-20-2012, 07:32 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: This statement, in my own mind, gives the original Egyptian deck and any subsequent decks equal significance.
What "original" Egyptian deck would that be?

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - Shin'Ar - 02-20-2012

Zen, to one who has the ability and knowledge to interpret the symbols, a deck using appropriate symbols can be easily discerned.

RE: An Introduction to the Tarot as taught by Ra - zenmaster - 02-20-2012

That's fine, but doesn't quite answer the question.