Bring4th
"Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley (/showthread.php?tid=4195)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Unbound - 02-21-2012

Reasonably, everyone was, as each of us is, he represented an individualized facet of our collective self.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Monica - 02-22-2012

(02-21-2012, 11:35 PM)Oceania Wrote: yah makes you feel for him. you can send love back in time.

Most definitely!

(02-21-2012, 11:45 PM)Azrael Wrote: Rather, what I feel of Aleister, is that he embodied an archetype of the Magician in the purest sense,

Oh wow what a thought! Like Jesus embodying the purest expression of green ray love!

This makes me wonder about other people embodying other archetypes. This could be fun!

(02-21-2012, 11:45 PM)Azrael Wrote: I admit, sometimes I feel like I was Aleister Crowley, I have looked in the mirror in the past and seen his face, and looked in to his eyes. Sometimes I've thought perhaps I was communicating with him across time, and I have had some pretty powerful memories when reading about him.

Very interesting! And of course quite possible.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Unbound - 02-22-2012

Everybody embodies archetypes at all times, they ARE the potential of embodiment (incarnative experiences) themselves. This is the whole purpose of creating archetypal system, to, how shall I say, "catch them all". Smile

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Monica - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 12:28 AM)Azrael Wrote: Everybody embodies archetypes at all times, they ARE the potential of embodiment (incarnative experiences) themselves. This is the whole purpose of creating archetypal system, to, how shall I say, "catch them all". Smile

I wouldn't quite agree with the "at all times" part. I agree that all the archetypes are in potentiation, but not necessarily manifested.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Unbound - 02-22-2012

Time is simultaneous, remember. All moments exist as one. It is merely a matter of choosing those points of power which we wish to unite with our own. All are in simultaneous manifestation and potentiation, and this is why CHOICE, is possible, for we are the activators, the Observers, the Creator.

(02-22-2012, 12:51 AM)Azrael Wrote: Time is simultaneous, remember. All moments exist as one. It is merely a matter of choosing those points of power which we wish to unite with our own. All are in simultaneous manifestation and potentiation, and this is why CHOICE, is possible, for we are the activators, the Observers, the Creator.

Yes, but our perception, at any given point, doesn't include all perspectives. If it did, we'd all know everything about everyone else all the time.

Don't we? Smile
As you say, it is all a matter of perception. All is there, we merely have to recognize it.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - godwide_void - 02-22-2012

Is it safe to assume that Crowley focused mainly on his red ray as well as attempting to work with his indigo ray? Also I wasn't aware that Crowley used junk like heroin, but had he instead allied himself with entheogens he may have accomplished much more in his esoteric pursuits. I believe that entheogenic technology and the pursuit of divine mysteries go hand in hand and if used responsibly will unlock infinite doorways.

You guys mentioned LSD. This molecular technology allows one to go deep within themselves. On the other hand, DMT allows the user to go beyond themselves. High enough doses of both will show that going deep within yourself and far beyond yourself leads to the same destination... keep this in mind.

One of the safest, most useful allies one can hope to develop a relationship with are Morning Glory seeds. Apart from the fact they're legal, completely safe and easily available, they contain LSA (basically, natural LSD, but with a much more spiritual edge). One of the functions (among many) I believe these seeds hold is allowing one to invoke their Higher Self and allow them to "take the wheels" for the entirety of the day. My thoughts become centered upon highly intense piety, and overall there is a feeling of 'shamanic calmness' for lack of a better term. They do not interfere at all with my functioning and I've been able to go about my day as normal with a great deal of profoundness existing in every moment. I've also found that they serve very well at being "entheogenic nootropics"; a small spoonful of seeds, much less than what is reported to cause effects has been quite visionary for me, and the spiritual effects are as pronounced as higher doses. I personally vastly prefer them over LSD, and rank it right up there with DMT in terms of which molecular spirit technologies have best assisted me in my spiritual path. It should be noted also that these seeds were used as sacred sacraments by the Aztec for many, many years.

If only Crowley had come across these divinity-bearing seeds as opposed to addictive, ruinful crap like heroin with no true benefits.

(02-22-2012, 01:10 AM)Azrael Wrote: Don't we? Smile
As you say, it is all a matter of perception. All is there, we merely have to recognize it.

True. I'm just saying, realistically...

We had a long discussion about this very topic...don't remember the thread title. Anyone? Unity100 was very involved in it. (I agreed with him on some points.)

Azrael, I couldn't reply because your pm box is full.

Sorry, I have cleared it now.

And I find the word "realistic" to be incredibly illusory. Smile I recall the discussion though, and I still stand in the same position thus far as it has held true within my own perception. I can only offer a Logos (account) of my own perception, I cannot choose perceptions for others.

(02-22-2012, 01:19 AM)Azrael Wrote: And I find the word "realistic" to be incredibly illusory. Smile

Yeah. I realized after I posted it, that that wasn't a good choice of words. :-/

(02-22-2012, 01:19 AM)Azrael Wrote: I recall the discussion though, and I still stand in the same position thus far as it has held true within my own perception. I can only offer a Logos (account) of my own perception, I cannot choose perceptions for others.

Well that's exactly what I mean. There is still a distinction between 'my' perception and 'others' perception.

As long as that's true, then we aren't perceiving everything simultaneously, though we always have the potential to.

Thus, we may perceive certain past lifetimes because, for some reason known only to the Creator, we're on a certain trajectory which includes certain perceptions.

My trajectory, for example, included a Druid priestess, but it didn't include Crowley.

Anyway, back to Crowley...What about his manipulative nature? I've read that he was very manipulative. Was he confused about his polarity? Or was that the drugs affecting him? And, why did he claim to be 'The Beast'?

I don't know much about him and would like to dispel some myths, if they are indeed myths.

(02-22-2012, 01:19 AM)Azrael Wrote: Sorry, I have cleared it now.

Still bouncing. Maybe you need to clear the trash folder too?

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - godwide_void - 02-22-2012

I'm pretty sure the drugs diverted him and ended up deluding him. That seems a bit contradictory that he would speak of all beings achieving their divine wills then claiming he is "The Beast". His mind definitely became distorted from frequent narcotic abuse.

This is an external judgement, and I would digress from this idea.

I really have much to say on this, but it requires somewhat extensive explanation and I'm not sure I am ready to fully divulge it yet. I will possibly include it in my coming collective examination of the Law of One material according to my own perceptions.

(02-22-2012, 01:34 AM)Azrael Wrote: I really have much to say on this, but it requires somewhat extensive explanation and I'm not sure I am ready to fully divulge it yet. I will possibly include it in my coming collective examination of the Law of One material according to my own perceptions.

OK. I'm interested, whenever you do that. More just curiosity on my part.

As Ra would say, it is best advised to view all in the perception that they are the Creator. I would also strongly suggest any divergence of assumptions on any Life-Stream's modus operandi, as external appearances can be incredibly deceiving and those of the mystical wisdom and who pursue it are incredibly known for making teachings "inaccessible" by making them unappealing to the masses, or rather, unreadable.

There are many, how shall I say, tantric truths contained within the ramblings of Crowley. Interesting, talks of being "deluded" by drugs, and whatnot, but really, who is not deluded by their own perception and consciousness?

The vessel was most appropriate for the information that was necessary to be revealed, for it was all part of a mechanism. He, how shall I say, laid the path of Darkness bare. Sometimes, beautiful entities choose to take on dark appearances, because someone has to do it.

Consider, the vast emotional reactions caused by Aleister's existence, the vast movements of energy which have spiralled out. What he did, was for the first time in many years, created a real blurring of the boundaries between the dark and the light. He is an enigma, and this is both his darkness and his light.

I will say, Aleister loved shock value, and I would take few of his words literally, and instead would look to energy processes and movements contained therein. Many of his so called "atrocities" were either simply added publicity, or were metaphors for sexual energetic interactions.

Perhaps I am "wrong" in saying all these things, but I suppose I feel I know something of mysterious, enigmatic characters, who knows.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - 3DMonkey - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 04:26 AM)Azrael Wrote: As Ra would say, it is best advised to view all in the perception that they are the Creator. I would also strongly suggest any divergence of assumptions on any Life-Stream's modus operandi, as external appearances can be incredibly deceiving and those of the mystical wisdom and who pursue it are incredibly known for making teachings "inaccessible" by making them unappealing to the masses, or rather, unreadable.

There are many, how shall I say, tantric truths contained within the ramblings of Crowley. Interesting, talks of being "deluded" by drugs, and whatnot, but really, who is not deluded by their own perception and consciousness?

The vessel was most appropriate for the information that was necessary to be revealed, for it was all part of a mechanism. He, how shall I say, laid the path of Darkness bare. Sometimes, beautiful entities choose to take on dark appearances, because someone has to do it.

Consider, the vast emotional reactions caused by Aleister's existence, the vast movements of energy which have spiralled out. What he did, was for the first time in many years, created a real blurring of the boundaries between the dark and the light. He is an enigma, and this is both his darkness and his light.

I will say, Aleister loved shock value, and I would take few of his words literally, and instead would look to energy processes and movements contained therein. Many of his so called "atrocities" were either simply added publicity, or were metaphors for sexual energetic interactions.

Perhaps I am "wrong" in saying all these things, but I suppose I feel I know something of mysterious, enigmatic characters, who knows.

That's what I said. Especially the 'everybody is deluded' part.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - kycahi - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 04:26 AM)Azrael Wrote: I will say, Aleister loved shock value, and I would take few of his words literally, and instead would look to energy processes and movements contained therein. Many of his so called "atrocities" were either simply added publicity, or were metaphors for sexual energetic interactions.

I remember first seeing a book by him, a paperback. It was covered with remarks about his being the "wickedest man" and so on, so I thought, "Ewww!" and put it back on the rack.

Then several days later I was visiting Carla when she held it up and asked if I saw it. I said, simply, "Yes." She said that she and Don had taken to reading it out loud to each other, enjoying its wit. This put a new perspective on Crowley, but when I looked for the book again, it was no longer in the stores. Oh well.

I did read a book about Crowley by Israel Regardie, which was illuminating but slow going.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - BrownEye - 02-22-2012

Quote: I will say, Aleister loved shock value, and I would take few of his words literally, and instead would look to energy processes and movements contained therein. Many of his so called "atrocities" were either simply added publicity, or were metaphors for sexual energetic interactions.
I used to "believe" that. I used to defend the guy, just like I defend any accomplished person. One day I asked my guides about his history. I was shocked. I no longer defend him as an honorable individual.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Oceania - 02-22-2012

well Ra says he was distorted. do you think he was positive?

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - drifting pages - 02-22-2012

We are all distorted, any experience is a distortion from just being.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - peelstreetguy - 02-22-2012

The Biography Of Crowley by Israel Regardie is titled, "The Eye in the Triangle". A very good book. I used to own it.

Did you guys know about Crowleys amazing chess playing ability? He could play against several opponents at once and never look at the board. Sitting with his back to them sipping brandy and beet them all! That is some amazing visualization, memorization staying power. Imagine keeping track of the movement of all those chess pieces in your mind!

Polarity is an illusion, and every incarnation has many parallel forms, we must always remember that all are multi-dimensional, multi-faceted beings.

Rightfully, I do not know one way or the other, the "true" Crowley, I have instead only attempted to discover a relation that harmonizes opposites.

Just came upon this:

Quote:Questioner: The entity Aleister Crowley wrote “Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.” He was obviously of some understanding of the Law of One. Where is this entity now?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity is within your inner planes. This entity is in an healing process.

Questioner: Did this entity, then, even though he intellectually understood the Law of One, misuse it and have to go through this healing process?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity became, may we use the vibration sound complex, overstimulated with the true nature of things. This over-stimulation resulted in behavior that was beyond the conscious control of the entity. The entity thus, in many attempts to go through the process of balancing, as we have described the various centers beginning with the red ray and moving upwards, became somewhat overly impressed or caught up in this process and became alienated from other-selves. This entity was positive. However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of the self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves. This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

Ra states that Crowley was a positive entity, and I see exactly what is meant by his overstimulation and getting caught up in the process of self development. I feel this is a pitfall I have had to consciously make sure I do not fall in to, because I was close.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Sena - 07-19-2021

(02-21-2012, 11:32 AM)Diana Wrote: It sounds to me as if AC was self-indulgent, and focused on an animal part of our nature bringing the whole being out of balance. Sexuality in its animal form, with its accompanying hormones and physical sensations, has its intention rooted in the instinct for survival and procreation. When one uses 2D animal limited sexuality for magik, or for attaining higher states of consciousness, one is combining things which don't resonate or are out of balance. Evolved sexuality would be more in balance with intentions of higher consciousness.

In our limited 3D perception, we are perceptive enough to easily grasp that there is power in procreation/sexuality because this act can create a new being. But the reality is that there is power in everything. It is our gross understanding that engenders a focus on such obvious power rather than grasping the more subtle understandings of our universe.  

This would cause a rift in my estimation. Sexuality itself would need to evolve past the basic animal/survival imperative to be balanced enough to use with higher intentions. The end results of such imbalance would cause addictions for instance.

It is fairly clear that Carla admired Aleister Crowley:

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1981/1981_0204_book_5.aspx

This is a quote from Carla:

Quote:I have very fond memories of reading Aleister Crowley’s autohagiography to Don. He did not like to read, so I frequently read to him. Once we got into this outrageous, brilliant man’s work, we were fascinated. Crowley is a fine writer, regardless of what his polarity might have been fumbling around with. Our favorite poem of his is a perfectly ghoulish nursery rhyme he wrote as a precocious toddler. It begins, “In her hospital bed she lay, rotting away, rotting away, rotting by night and rotting by day, rotting and rotting and rotting away.” Now that I have told you this, you may perhaps see why this character grew up to become … eccentric! But always interesting.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Sena - 07-19-2021

(02-21-2012, 11:32 AM)Diana Wrote: It sounds to me as if AC was self-indulgent, and focused on an animal part of our nature bringing the whole being out of balance. Sexuality in its animal form, with its accompanying hormones and physical sensations, has its intention rooted in the instinct for survival and procreation. When one uses 2D animal limited sexuality for magik, or for attaining higher states of consciousness, one is combining things which don't resonate or are out of balance. Evolved sexuality would be more in balance with intentions of higher consciousness.

In our limited 3D perception, we are perceptive enough to easily grasp that there is power in procreation/sexuality because this act can create a new being. But the reality is that there is power in everything. It is our gross understanding that engenders a focus on such obvious power rather than grasping the more subtle understandings of our universe.  

This would cause a rift in my estimation. Sexuality itself would need to evolve past the basic animal/survival imperative to be balanced enough to use with higher intentions. The end results of such imbalance would cause addictions for instance.

It is fairly clear that Carla admired Aleister Crowley:

https://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1981/1981_0204_book_5.aspx

This is a quote from Carla:

Quote:I have very fond memories of reading Aleister Crowley’s autohagiography to Don. He did not like to read, so I frequently read to him. Once we got into this outrageous, brilliant man’s work, we were fascinated. Crowley is a fine writer, regardless of what his polarity might have been fumbling around with. Our favorite poem of his is a perfectly ghoulish nursery rhyme he wrote as a precocious toddler. It begins, “In her hospital bed she lay, rotting away, rotting away, rotting by night and rotting by day, rotting and rotting and rotting away.” Now that I have told you this, you may perhaps see why this character grew up to become … eccentric! But always interesting.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - Anders - 07-19-2021

I compare this quote by Aleister Crowley:

Quote:"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley, The Book of the Law

With this quote from St. Augustine:

Quote:"Love and do what you will." - Augustine (354-430). A sermon on love.

This is tricky. From a low level of consciousness it can be interpreted as a promotion of doing nasty things. When seeing love as oneness in harmony, then it becomes more clear because then "do whatever you want" will be good actions. From an even higher perspective, even the Crowley quote is justified when seeing everything as love, but it can easily be interpreted as a permission slip to be immoral.

RE: "Do what thou wilt" - a brief examination of Aleister Crowley - KaliSouth - 07-27-2021

"Do what thou wilt" is consistent with the Law of One. However, the Law of One encapsulates both the positive AND the negative.

Just as those of us that choose the positive path remain loyal to the Law of One, so can those of the negative path in order to polarise and move into the higher dimensions.

It's interesting that Crowley was a positive entity (I believe Ra). I can only intepret that from my understanding, which is that his confusion might have come from inhabiting a human body and therefore struggling with the messages that come from the ego. The ego, as far as I can tell, is there to challenge you. It tests you by giving you messages that seem real but are not. It is not the inner child or the inner self. This alone is a enough to confuse one. I fight the fight against the ego with my spiritual practices. Crowley could have easily been confuse by this and led of the positive path.

There might have been other factors at play, though from my observation, humans are prone to getting lost in ego. Some do reach the stage of questioning the rationale behind actions, but a lot of us also seem to move like automatons from one action to another (influence of the ego). It's not that they're bad, but they have not fully developed the capacity to question why it is expected that certain things are done in human life.

It's the constant battle between going within and the ego, which likes to run off and do its thing. You're pulled into false interpretations and analyses of situation because the ego takes the information you have learned from the spiritual plane and plays with it in your mind.