Bring4th
Pyramid request - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: The Corkboard (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Pyramid request (/showthread.php?tid=442)

Pages: 1 2

Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 08-17-2009

Does anyone personally manufacture or know a company who manufactures fold-up pyramids within which one may meditate?

Per Ra's specifications, I am interested something which, bare minimum, is in the shape of a pyramid --- perhaps something as simple as eight pieces of wood, four at the base and four rising to the apex.

The pyramid would also need to be able to fold up so that I could store it in a corner. (Not interested in having a permanent pyramid erected in my bedroom or living room!)

I would like to be able to set it up in the morning and sit down in the center of its base, with its apex situated as close to the top of my head as possible without its angles moving outside the range suggested by Ra.

If no one knows where one can be purchased, does anyone have an idea as to how to go about creating one? I'm sure it's not rocket science, but I'm not inclined in the arts of engineering... : )

Thank you for any replies!
Gary

RE: Pyramid request - peelstreetguy - 08-18-2009

Hi Gary, Interesting. I might be able to make one of wood in my shop. This would not be possible until winter though, when I have more time on my hands....
How small does it have to become for storage? Single "sticks" ?

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 08-18-2009

Thank you Stacy!

If the pyramid consisted of just eight wooden sticks, i could fold those up and stick them anywhere: a room corner, a shelf, under a bed, etc.

So, as long as it folded up, the storage size would not matter.

If nothing turns up by winter I will definitely take you up on your offer. I can pay for shipping to the states and reimburse you for your time and labor.

Thank you again Peelstreet. : )

Love and Light,
Gary

PS: If anyone else reads the original post and has any ideas, I'm still all ears!

(08-18-2009, 05:41 PM)peelstreetguy Wrote: Hi Gary, Interesting. I might be able to make one of wood in my shop. This would not be possible until winter though, when I have more time on my hands....
How small does it have to become for storage? Single "sticks" ?

RE: Pyramid request - βαθμιαίος - 08-18-2009

There was a question/answer found in the relistening project that you may find interesting:
Quote:Questioner: I can see how a solid-sided pyramid would act as a funnel. It seems to me that using just the four rods joined at the apex angle would be less efficient. Can you tell me how they are equivalent to the solid-sided pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. They are unequal in space/time, and we recommend for practical use the solid-sided pyramid or other focusing shape in order to give your physical bodily complexes respite from outside noise, rain, and other distractions to meditation. However, in time/space one is concerned with the electro-magnetic field produced by the shape. An equivalent field is produced by the solid and the open shape. Light is influenced metaphysically by this field rather than by visible shapes.

RE: Pyramid request - Richard - 08-27-2009

Here you go, Gary

The website: http://www.natbuscorp.com/nbcprsrv09.pdf

From the website:

Atomic Accelerator Pyramids. Tune in to the power and acceleration of pyramids! Custom designed and built
pyramids fashioned from your choice of hardwoods, exotic woods, copper tubing, fused quartz tubing, or combinations
of materials. Each Pyramid includes a raw ruby suspended from the point and a rutilated quartz crystal on top of the
point. Sizes include small Tabletop models, medium sizes for ceiling hanging, large Floor models that can accommodate
a chair, and very large Outdoor Garden models. Fixed and collapsible pyramid models are available. Pyramid shape
resembles Nubian personal pyramids instead of the Great Pyramid

From $15.00 to $1500

Richard

RE: Pyramid request - Ali Quadir - 08-28-2009

Can't you buy some sticks from a local do it yourself store?
Then boyscout them together with a bit of rope?

You could also use aquarium tubing of an appropriate diameter as connectors, just stick the ends of the sticks into them and thus make them bendable but "sorta one piece" like they do in some modern tents. It certainly improves foldability.

I'm not very informed on the exact demands for a meditation pyramid but if you want 8 sticks in a pyramid shape I'd do it myself. If your math feels really rusty I can help calculate lengths and such.

I think the only tools you'd need are a small saw a kitchen knife a stapler and some kind of measuring tape whatever you call it Smile

I just painted a door. I feel very confident Smile

RE: Pyramid request - Richard - 08-28-2009

(08-28-2009, 12:21 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: Can't you buy some sticks from a local do it yourself store?
Then boyscout them together with a bit of rope?

You could also use aquarium tubing of an appropriate diameter as connectors, just stick the ends of the sticks into them and thus make them bendable but "sorta one piece" like they do in some modern tents. It certainly improves foldability.

I'm not very informed on the exact demands for a meditation pyramid but if you want 8 sticks in a pyramid shape I'd do it myself. If your math feels really rusty I can help calculate lengths and such.

I think the only tools you'd need are a small saw a kitchen knife a stapler and some kind of measuring tape whatever you call it Smile

I just painted a door. I feel very confident Smile

http://www.precisionpyramids.com/deluxeassembly.htm

Here is a site with step by step instruction and a few drawings. Or, you can purchase the corner and top pieces in the form of lathed blocks and assemble / dis-assemble as needed.

Richard

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 08-31-2009

Thank you Richard for the info! I think I can find precisely what I'm looking for through one of the two avenues you offered.

Ali, I would be concerned about the precision of the structure. Were one side of my pyramid lopsided, I wouldn't want to wind up like Jeff Goldblum in the movie "The Fly". You know, I'm just minding my own business, meditating in my pyramid, in comes a fly, and next thing you know I am half man/half fly. This would suck on several levels.

Tobey, thank you for the excerpt. I'm definitely interested in the time/space effects made possible by the structure of the pyramid. No need for me to meditate in a solid-sided pyramid, though the increased isolation from outside sound and light would be very cool.

Thank you all!
GLB

PS: I'll report back on this thread after i've either purchased or built my own pyramid and meditated in it.

RE: Pyramid request - Bring4th_Steve - 12-01-2009

Gary, have you moved any closer to doing this yet?

(08-31-2009, 07:19 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: Thank you Richard for the info! I think I can find precisely what I'm looking for through one of the two avenues you offered.

Ali, I would be concerned about the precision of the structure. Were one side of my pyramid lopsided, I wouldn't want to wind up like Jeff Goldblum in the movie "The Fly". You know, I'm just minding my own business, meditating in my pyramid, in comes a fly, and next thing you know I am half man/half fly. This would suck on several levels.

Tobey, thank you for the excerpt. I'm definitely interested in the time/space effects made possible by the structure of the pyramid. No need for me to meditate in a solid-sided pyramid, though the increased isolation from outside sound and light would be very cool.

Thank you all!
GLB

PS: I'll report back on this thread after i've either purchased or built my own pyramid and meditated in it.

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 12-01-2009

(12-01-2009, 04:48 PM)bring4th_steve Wrote: Gary, have you moved any closer to doing this yet?

I suck. I have so not moved closer to getting this done. Life is too way too busy. Ugh.

I'll report when I do... hopefully sometime before 2012!

: ) GLB

RE: Pyramid request - AnthroHeart - 02-16-2010

I have actually gotten an inclination while doing a light meditation today about building a pyramid on my property. I have a clearing in the back, surrounded by trees. So I might be able to attain a height of 20-feet or so while still remaining hidden from the outside. I have a good friend who does home remodeling for a living.

What I know now is not to use any metal, such as nails (will use wood glue instead). And something about the 76-degree top angle for king's chamber effect. Not sure if that's something to go for.

I want to use this for short meditations, but also to place things into for purification and for help with healings.

If anyone knows the right angle to place a pyramid at, and ratios, sizes, etc, help would be appreciated. Thanks. I'll be sure to draw up schematics and postings.

A 20-foot tall pyramid should have some pretty powerful energies.

My friend is great at carpentry, but doesn't know about woods for spiritual energy work. So that's up to me to research.

RE: Pyramid request - Lavazza - 02-16-2010

(02-16-2010, 03:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: A 20-foot tall pyramid should have some pretty powerful energies.

Cool! If you start this project, how about starting a new thread and photo document it, so we can watch it's construction as times goes by? Smile

RE: Pyramid request - Peregrinus - 02-16-2010

(02-16-2010, 03:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: What I know now is not to use any metal, such as nails (will use wood glue instead). And something about the 76-degree top angle for king's chamber effect. Not sure if that's something to go for.

I believe Ra stated that anything over 69% peak angle was getting into a dangerous area.

Here are Ra quotes:

Quote:Questioner: Is the 76° and 18' angle at the apex of the pyramid a critical angle?

Ra: I am Ra. For the healing work intended, this angle is appropriate.

Questioner:
Is there an apex angle that is the angle for maximum efficiency in the pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. Again, to conserve this instrument’s energy, I am assuming that you intend to indicate the most appropriate angle of apex for healing work. If the shape is such that it is large enough to contain an individual mind/body/spirit complex at the appropriate off-set position within it, the 76° 18', approximate, angle is useful and appropriate. If the position varies, the angle may vary. Further, if the healer has the ability to perceive distortions with enough discrimination, the position within any pyramid shape may be moved about until results are effected. However, we found this particular angle to be useful. Other social memory complexes, or portions thereof, have determined different apex angles for different uses, not having to do with healing but with learning. When one works with the cone, or shall we say, the silo type of shape, the energy for healing may be found to be in a general circular pattern unique to each shape as a function of its particular height and width and in the cone shape, the angle of apex. In these cases, there are no corner angles. Thus the spiraling energy works in circular motion.

Questioner: Will you please do that?

Ra: The spiraling energy is beginning to be diffused at the point where it goes through the King’s Chamber position. However, although the spirals continue to intersect, closing and opening in double spiral fashion through the apex angle, the diffusion or strength of the spiraling energies, red through violet color values, lessens if we speak of strength, and gains, if we speak of diffusion, until at the peak of the pyramid you have a very weak color resolution useful for healing purposes. Thus the King’s Chamber position is chosen as the first spiral after the centered beginning through the Queen’s Chamber position. You may visualize the diffusion angle as the opposite of the pyramid angle but the angle being less wide than the apex angle of the pyramid, being somewhere between 33 and 54°, depending upon the various rhythms of the planet itself.

Questioner: Then I assume that if I start my angle at the bottom of the Queen’s Chamber and make a 33 to 54° angle from that point, so that half of that angle falls on the side of the centerline that the King’s Chamber is on, that will indicate the diffusion of the spectrum, starting from the point at the bottom of the Queen’s Chamber; let’s say, if we were using a 40° angle, we would have a 20° diffusion to the left of the centerline, passing through the King’s Chamber. Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. It is correct that half of the aforementioned angle passes through the King’s Chamber position. It is incorrect to assume that the Queen’s Chamber is the foundation of the angle. The angle will begin somewhere between the Queen’s Chamber position and thence downward towards the level of the resonating chamber, off-set for the healing work.

This variation is dependent upon various magnetic fluxes of the planet. The King’s Chamber position is designed to intersect the strongest spiral of the energy flow regardless of where the angle begins. However, as it passes through the Queen’s Chamber position, this spiraling energy is always centered and at its strongest point.

Questioner: Then if a pyramid shape is used, it would seem to me that it would be necessary to make it large enough so that the Queen’s Chamber position would be far enough from the King’s Chamber position so that you could use that energy position and not be harmed by the energy position of the King’s Chamber position. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. In this application a pyramid shape may be smaller if the apex angle is less, thus not allowing the formation of the King’s Chamber position. Also efficacious for this application are the following shapes: the silo, the cone, the dome, and the tipi.

Questioner: What would be an appropriate apex angle for a tipi shape for our uses?

Ra: I am Ra. This is at your discretion. The principle of circular, rounded, or peaked shapes is that the center acts as an invisible inductive coil. Thus the energy patterns are spiraling and circular. Thus the choice of the most pleasant configuration is yours. The effect is relatively fixed.

Questioner: The dangerous pyramid shape for use today would be a four-sided pyramid that was large enough to create the King’s Chamber effect. Is that statement correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This statement is correct with the additional understanding that the 76° apex angle is that characteristic of the powerful shape.

Questioner: Then I am assuming that we should not use a pyramid of 76° at the apex angle under any circumstances. Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is at your discretion.

Questioner: I will restate the question. I am assuming then that it might be dangerous to use a 76° angle pyramid, and I will ask what angle less than 76° would be roughly the first angle that would not produce this dangerous effect?

Ra: I am Ra. Your assumption is correct. The lesser angle may be any angle less than 70°.

Questioner: Why is the spiraling light focused by something as open and simple as four wooden rods joined at an apex angle?

Ra: I am Ra. If you pictured light in the metaphysical sense, as water, and the pyramid shape as a funnel, this concept might become self-evident.

Questioner: Could I assume then that from all points in space light radiates in our illusion outward in a 360° solid angle and this scoop shape with the pyramid then creates the coherence to this radiation as a focusing mechanism? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is precisely correct.

Questioner: You mentioned the problems with the action in the King’s Chamber of the Giza-type pyramid. I am assuming if we used the same geometrical configuration that is used in the pyramid at Giza this would be perfectly all right for the pyramid placed beneath the head since we wouldn’t be using the King’s Chamber radiations but only the third spiral from the top, and I’m also asking if it would be better to use a 60° apex angle than the larger apex angle? Would it provide a better energy source?

Ra: I am Ra. For energy through the apex angle the Giza pyramid offers an excellent model. Simply be sure the pyramid is so small that there is no entity small enough to crawl inside it.

(02-16-2010, 03:57 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: If anyone knows the right angle to place a pyramid at, and ratios, sizes, etc, help would be appreciated. Thanks. I'll be sure to draw up schematics and postings.

True North. Unfortunately, true north is moving across Siberia at 36 mph (60 kph) right now, so good luck in being accurate for more than an instant every time you move it.

There's lots of plans online, many that desire one to pay.

RE: Pyramid request - Questioner - 02-16-2010

I did a little brainstorming with a quick web search for information that might fill in the gaps here.

Would a PVC pipe frame and canvas walls be adequate for the purpose?

This guy's simple, inexpensive little do-it-yourself project might work:
http://members.cox.net/randwhit/popup/halfling.htm

As might this guy's "two half pyramids":
http://www.equipped.org/tarp-shelters.htm

Building a small Cheops-shaped pyramid:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2246820_build-karel-drbal-pyramid.html

Calculations automated:
http://www.1728.com/volpyrmd.htm

Ironic:
http://www.pyramid.ro/En/Pages/Pyramid/Home.aspx
"Using Ra Workshop gives your company a real advantage..." (It's business software for companies that are in the window & door production business, from Pyramid Software)

http://www.gocs1.com/gocs1/Psionics/Pyramid-Orgone-Generators.htm

This guy sells connectors only necessary to get pipes from your local hardware store and build a pyramid: http://copperpyramids.net/connectors.html

If you left out the water, this PVC frame would be quick to assemble and break down:
http://www.multipledigression.com/the-humphrey-room-inconveniencer/
maybe even easier with quick release couplings that immediately push or twist to separate the long part of the poles from the angles.

RE: Pyramid request - AnthroHeart - 02-17-2010

My friend who's into construction and home remodeling will be helping me. All I really needed was the apex angle, which I found to be 51.83 degrees according to one site, of the Giza pyramid.

[Edit: Correction, 59.83 degrees.]

I did find great designs at: http://precisionpyramids.com/

I'll be able to use some trig to do the measurements.

No telling how long this will take, as it's something to put together. But I may only do 10' which will be a fairly large base anyway.

RE: Pyramid request - AnthroHeart - 02-17-2010

I did some calculations of my own, and used a little trig.
The 76-degree apex angle is also known as a Golden Pyramid.

I drew a right triangle with a base of 1. The hypotenuse would be the phi ratio, approx 1.618. The angle formed would be half of 76.345 degrees (or inverse sine of 1 / phi).

Ra said this was an angle for healing but was also dangerous. They also mentioned how the Giza angle isn't really good for healing. But should be good for singleness of thought and such.

[quote='Ra']
Questioner: Do you mean that the sum of the four base sides should be 1.16 of the height of the pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.
[/quote]

I also did research into when Ra mentions the sum of the 4 bases being 1.16 of the height. When I calculated this out, I get a pyramid with an apex angle of only 16.5 degrees.

However, when I take each side of the square base as 1.16 of the height, I get a more proper apex angle of 60.227 degrees, which is really close to the angle of the Giza pyramid. So I wonder if there was a distortion in the particular message there.

A pyramid of 16.5 degrees seems rather narrow, and far off from the pyramids we are seeing in Egypt.

[quote='Peregrinus' pid='11046' dateline='1266367599']
I believe Ra stated that anything over 69% peak angle was getting into a dangerous area.

Here are Ra quotes:

[quote]Questioner: Is the 76° and 18' angle at the apex of the pyramid a critical angle?

Ra: I am Ra. For the healing work intended, this angle is appropriate.

Questioner:
Is there an apex angle that is the angle for maximum efficiency in the pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. Again, to conserve this instrument’s energy, I am assuming that you intend to indicate the most appropriate angle of apex for healing work. If the shape is such that it is large enough to contain an individual mind/body/spirit complex at the appropriate off-set position within it, the 76° 18', approximate, angle is useful and appropriate. If the position varies, the angle may vary. Further, if the healer has the ability to perceive distortions with enough discrimination, the position within any pyramid shape may be moved about until results are effected. However, we found this particular angle to be useful. Other social memory complexes, or portions thereof, have determined different apex angles for different uses, not having to do with healing but with learning. When one works with the cone, or shall we say, the silo type of shape, the energy for healing may be found to be in a general circular pattern unique to each shape as a function of its particular height and width and in the cone shape, the angle of apex. In these cases, there are no corner angles. Thus the spiraling energy works in circular motion.
[/quote]

RE: Pyramid request - Richard - 03-19-2010

Hi Gary,

I stumbled onto the following yesterday. In light of that info, a tipi or conical shape might be easier to fabricate. For those of us that are less, uh, carpenter – arily inclined, lol.

Interesting to note that nearly all the great churches, mosques and other religious edifices use dome, minaret or peaked architecture almost exclusively. Yet most western cultures use a box for living purposes. Farther into this channelling Ra mentions the fact that the cube or box is the least conducive shape for the transmission or conductance of spiritual energies.

Kind of makes you wonder then.

Richard

Quote:Book 3

Questioner: Then are you saying that there is absolutely no need, use, or good in having the King’s Chamber effect at this time in our planetary evolution?

Ra: I am Ra. If those who desired to be healers were of a crystallized nature and were all supplicants, those wishing less distortion, the pyramid would be, as always, a carefully designed set of parameters to distribute light and its energy so as to aid in healing catalyst.

However, we found that your peoples are not distorted towards the desire for purity to a great enough extent to be given this powerful and potentially dangerous gift. We, therefore, would suggest it not be used for healing in the traditional, shall we say, King’s Chamber configuration which we naively gave to your peoples only to see its use grossly distorted and our teachings lost.

Questioner: What would be an appropriate apex angle for a tipi shape for our uses?

Ra: I am Ra. This is at your discretion. The principle of circular, rounded, or peaked shapes is that the center acts as an invisible inductive coil. Thus the energy patterns are spiraling and circular. Thus the choice of the most pleasant configuration is yours. The effect is relatively fixed. Questioner: Is there any variation in the effect with respect to the material of construction, the thickness of the material? Is it simply the geometry of the shape, or is it related to some other factors?

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 03-20-2010

Hi Richard,

Oh I would love to meditate in a tipi. However I've got my mind set on the pyramid for now. And I am finally taking action.

I've determined that I want a pyramid made of equilateral triangles. I am going to purchase eight 2 x 2 pieces of wood and, using the suggestion of a friend, connect them with wooden dowel rods. (The pyramid needs to be able to be disassembled, no room for permanent pyramid.)

Because the pyramid will be made of equilateral triangles, I believe that all eight pieces (four at the base and four rising to the apex) should be of equal length. Is anyone able to validate this?

At what angle to make the cuts on the wood is the difficult part. The four base sides forming the square is easy, 45 degree cut to create a 90 degree angle. It is the cuts on the four pieces rising to the apex that the challenge comes in, especially the cuts where the four pieces join at the apex.

Fortunately I have a neighbor who owns a small carpentry business. He thinks he can help me.

I'll post to this thread concerning the success or failure of the project. And Gemini Wolf, good luck!

(03-19-2010, 11:35 AM)Richard Wrote: Hi Gary,

I stumbled onto the following yesterday. In light of that info, a tipi or conical shape might be easier to fabricate. For those of us that are less, uh, carpenter – arily inclined, lol.

Interesting to note that nearly all the great churches, mosques and other religious edifices use dome, minaret or peaked architecture almost exclusively. Yet most western cultures use a box for living purposes. Farther into this channelling Ra mentions the fact that the cube or box is the least conducive shape for the transmission or conductance of spiritual energies.

Kind of makes you wonder then.

Richard

RE: Pyramid request - Peregrinus - 03-20-2010

(03-20-2010, 08:01 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: Hi Richard,

Oh I would love to meditate in a tipi. However I've got my mind set on the pyramid for now. And I am finally taking action.

I've determined that I want a pyramid made of equilateral triangles. I am going to purchase eight 2 x 2 pieces of wood and, using the suggestion of a friend, connect them with wooden dowel rods. (The pyramid needs to be able to be disassembled, no room for permanent pyramid.)

Because the pyramid will be made of equilateral triangles, I believe that all eight pieces (four at the base and four rising to the apex) should be of equal length. Is anyone able to validate this?

At what angle to make the cuts on the wood is the difficult part. The four base sides forming the square is easy, 45 degree cut to create a 90 degree angle. It is the cuts on the four pieces rising to the apex that the challenge comes in, especially the cuts where the four pieces join at the apex.

Fortunately I have a neighbor who owns a small carpentry business. He thinks he can help me.

I'll post to this thread concerning the success or failure of the project. And Gemini Wolf, good luck!

Hi Gary,

Just make sure the apex angle is less than 70 degrees. Ra made this very clear as of utmost importance. Anything over 69 degrees focuses energy/light dangerously strong. There was another thread here somewhere that went into a lot of details and quotes on considerations, but this one was the only consideration that was a cautionary one.

RE: Pyramid request - Lavazza - 03-22-2010

This may sound obvious, but you'll want to be very careful making your cuts and putting it together. I built a little three inch pyramid out of a heavy cardboard material and was humbled when I had to do it three times to get it right- and in that scenario I had the benefit of being large enough to stand over my design and make changes easily with my exacto blade. It's surprisingly difficult to construct it correctly. Be sure to consult that carpenter friend of yours. Not that I don't have full confidence in your abilities, Gary. Smile

Eric / Lavazza

RE: Pyramid request - AnthroHeart - 03-22-2010

I ended up ordering an Orgone pyramid. It's more portable and in my case much more useful. Also costs much less than the 8-foot wood pyramid I would have needed.

RE: Pyramid request - Seeking One - 05-08-2010

(02-16-2010, 11:38 PM)Questioner Wrote: I did a little brainstorming with a quick web search for information that might fill in the gaps here.

Would a PVC pipe frame and canvas walls be adequate for the purpose?

This guy's simple, inexpensive little do-it-yourself project might work:
http://members.cox.net/randwhit/popup/halfling.htm

As might this guy's "two half pyramids":
http://www.equipped.org/tarp-shelters.htm

Building a small Cheops-shaped pyramid:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2246820_build-karel-drbal-pyramid.html

Calculations automated:

Thanks to everyone for the great references and contributions to this thread so far! I'm planning on doing a little experiment on some seeds before I plant my garden this year, and like GLB, I too don't want some crazy fly-seed half-breed going into the ground! Tongue

I've been having a tricky time trying to determine what exactly is the "apex angle" for a *5* sided pyramid. I simply stress *5* because I was making a silly error for a while using the pyramid calculator above (and linked below again) and thinking of 4 "vertical sides" and not considering the base as a side.

Anyway, in trying to figure this out, here's what I've got so far:

Assuming this angle & length pyramid calculator is correct (I haven't broken out my calculator)

then I want to assert that the "vertex angle" IS NOT the "apex angle" talked about in the Ra material in the referenced posts above when we’re calculating a 5 sided pyramid.

[Image: pyramid2.gif]

This Wikipedia article gives a little definition for how to visualize an apex angle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_angle#Pyramid

"The solid angle of a four-sided right rectangular pyramid with apex angles A and B (dihedral angles measured to the opposite side faces of the pyramid) is..."

Now, this was a little confusing to read at first, but this is actually a pyramid with 5 total sides... a rectangular base and 4 triangle sides (which is what threw me off when trying to use 4 "sides" in the pyramid dimension calculator above).

Anyway, here is how I understand what that means in relation to the graphic used to demonstrate the angles and lengths given by the pyramid calculator above:

The "vertex angle" is simply the angle that a single, triangular face of our pyramid makes at the "top" of our pyramid. So that means it is *not* the “angle measured to the opposite side faces of the pyramid”.

Picture a triangle standing up inside our pyramid which has it’s “top” at our pyramid “top”, and runs down the middle of two opposing pyramid sides, and also has it’s centre of base intersecting our pyramid base centre point. The vertex angle of THAT imaginary triangle is equal to our apex angle. If you “stood up” one side of our pyramid so that is was fully vertical like our imaginary triangle in the middle (right angle to the base), the side triangle from our pyramid would be larger. *My brain tells me* (though I’m not 100% sure) that this means it has to be a different top angle if the base sides of our triangles are equal, which they are because we’ve got a square pyramid base.

For another way to help you picture this, close your eyes to visualize while you read the following. Smile

Label the picture of our pyramid from the calculator giving the front, light blue side “A”, the left, gray side “B”, back side “C” and right side “D”. Now picture a section of triangular tubbing (like a cylinder, or square tubbing, only with triangle ends) inserted through our pyramid (pretend the sides are made out of paper or something) entering via side “A” and exiting via side “C” at the back. Now assume that the height of our triangular tubbing is the same height as our pyramid and it’s slope (“slant”) is the same slope as the sides “B” and “D” that are “resting” on top of the triangular tube we just inserted through sides “A” and “C”. Ok, still have your eyes closed? Good, now picture the end triangle shape of our tubbing, with it’s top “vertex” angle being our actual “apex angle” now. The reason they’re different compared to a triangle side from our pyramid is because “one triangle is slanted and one is standing straight up”.

Geez, I wish I could draw. I hope that has made everything overly complicated for everyone! Tongue

So, in conclusion, the way to determine the apex angle is to use the "yellow" slant (aka slope) angle and a little math. Unfortunately, we can't have the calculator "work backwards" from the result angles below, so we must keep tinkering with the "Base Length" and "Height" values to get our desired "slant angle".

From the slant angle, we calculate *half* of our apex angle to be:

180 - 90 - slant angle = 1/2 apex angle

I went with a slant angle of 56 degrees giving me an apex angle of:

180 - 90 - 56 = 34
34 x 2 = 68 degrees

To simplify my measurements, I ended up using
Number of sides: 5
Base Length: 23 (I’m planning on using inches to measure, not feet! Wink
Height: 23

Which gave me a slant angle of 55.5 (close enough), and 30.2 for my Edge Height (much easier for me to just use 30” for this first pyramid of mine... I’m not going to get too fancy with my measuring here)

You could also just go ahead and use the Giza pyramid's 51.8 degree slant angle as a threshold and be sure your slant angle is *greater* than this number, for the safety reasons mentioned in previous posts.

I’m “fairly sure” about all this, but does my logic make sense or am I missing something?

Here was another site that helped me a little:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5467357_homemade-pyramids.html

I’m about to head outside to jerry-rig this thing together using simple lumber and rope (not even worrying about cut angles for now).

I’ll let ya know if I manage to grow a monster! :p

-Ben

RE: Pyramid request - unity100 - 06-28-2010

i made one of 4 equal length beams of wood 14 years ago. just leaned those 4 beams to each other at the top and supported their bottom ends with the carpet with proper measures given in Ra material. (if you put the beam ends on carpet they just stand there due to friction). i set it up in the middle of guestroom in the apartment, much to my father's disturbance. i meditated under it, and then slept under it.

i can say that it works. the result has been something a bit unexpected at that point.

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 11-09-2010

Update and a request.

I wanted to create an equilateral pyramid in which all three interior angles of each of the four triangles are 60 degrees. To this end, I purchased eight 2x2 pieces of wood from Home Depot. Enlisting the help of a neighbor who owns his own small construction business, we cut the pieces using a miter saw.

Firstly we determined that all eight pieces would need to be cut to six feet in length in order to accommodate me sitting in the center. Next, the square base was easy to create, we had only to cut the corners at a 45 degree angle and drill dowel-sized holes into the corners in order to connect the pieces into a square with wooden dowels.

Then, we failed, repeatedly. We couldn’t figure out how to cut the side of the four pieces connecting with the base in order to form sixty degree angles with the base. We never made it to the point of determining how to cut the four pieces that rise to meet at the apex!

If you anyone is capable and interested in creating an inexpensive meditation pyramid, I would pay you for the supplies, the shipping, and the effort. It would need to meet the following three specifications:
  • 1) Consist of eight pieces of wood or plastic or “other materials” http://lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=57&ss=1#19. I would prefer wood.

Only the frame itself is needed. No sides. It can be completely open to the air. As Ra says here, it is only the shape which is of importance. http://lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=58&ss=1#13.

2) It needs to be able to be disassembled and reassembled as I don’t have room to house it any other way. Our plan for achieving this end was to use wooden dowels, but there may be a superior way of going about this.

3) The three interior angles of all four triangles must be exactly sixty degrees. (Or as exact as is possible.)

If anyone is interested, please either reply to this thread or send me a PM. Thanks!
GLB

RE: Pyramid request - unity100 - 11-10-2010

you just calculate the measurements on paper and cut them ?

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 11-11-2010

(11-10-2010, 10:56 AM)unity100 Wrote: you just calculate the measurements on paper and cut them ?

Well now, that clears it up for me! So obvious. Wow. Why hadn't I considered calculating the measurements on paper and then cutting them?

lol.

Unity100, that's precisely the problem, I don't know how to cut the wood to form sixty degree angles, nor do I know how to make calculations which will allow me to cut the wood to form sixty degree angles.

I can make 90 degree angles easily enough for the square base by cutting the ends of the four base pieces at 45 degrees.

But the four pieces that rise to the apex are different. Firstly, they don't form a two dimensional triangle. They turn inward to form the apex in the center of the base, as i'm sure you can visualize.

I have long suspected that I am an idiot at heart, so that is probably what is interfering with success. For now, solving this issue seems beyond my intellectual capacities.

So if you have instructions to cut 2x2 pieces of wood to form interior angles of sixty degrees, or if you can create a structure yourself and mail it to me, I am all ears.

Love/Light,
GLB

RE: Pyramid request - unity100 - 11-12-2010

well, just take the diagonal that runs from one corner of the base of the pyramid rectangle to the another as the bottom side of the 2d triangle you need, and cut the wood to form 60 degree angles with them.

the wood going to apex from the corner, will need to have 60 degree angle with the base, therefore, it has to have 60 degree angle with the diagonal that runs from the corner its end side is at, to the corner opposite it.

RE: Pyramid request - Steppingfeet - 11-15-2010

(11-12-2010, 07:21 AM)unity100 Wrote: well, just take the diagonal that runs from one corner of the base of the pyramid rectangle to the another as the bottom side of the 2d triangle you need, and cut the wood to form 60 degree angles with them.

Really? I mean, seriously? "Cut the wood to form sixty degree angles with them"?

Unity100, jeez. Did you read my post? : )

I appreciate your attempt to be helpful but should you endeavor another try, I would encourage a review of the fifth sentence of my previous post in this thread.

Wink GLB

RE: Pyramid request - LsavedSmeD - 11-16-2010

(06-28-2010, 02:23 PM)unity100 Wrote: i made one of 4 equal length beams of wood 14 years ago. just leaned those 4 beams to each other at the top and supported their bottom ends with the carpet with proper measures given in Ra material. (if you put the beam ends on carpet they just stand there due to friction). i set it up in the middle of guestroom in the apartment, much to my father's disturbance. i meditated under it, and then slept under it.

i can say that it works. the result has been something a bit unexpected at that point.

What was different?

How did you feel?

Energized - connected?

Go on Wink

RE: Pyramid request - Lavazza - 11-16-2010

Gary, when you do make your pyramid, be sure to post pictures in this thread. Ideally before you undergo 'The Fly' transformation! Wink