Bring4th
The Choice - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: The Choice (/showthread.php?tid=4503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Choice - Ankh - 03-19-2012

[Image: tarot22.jpg]

Ra about The Choice:

Ra Wrote:88.16 Questioner: I will also assume, and I may not be correct, that the present list that I have of twenty-two names of the tarot cards of the Major Arcana are not in exact agreement with Ra’s original generation of the tarot. Could you describe the original tarot, first telling me if there were twenty-two archetypes? That must have been the same. Were they the same as the list that I read to you in a previous session or were there differences?

Ra: I am Ra. As we have stated previously, each archetype is a concept complex and may be viewed not only by individuals but by those of the same racial and planetary influences in unique ways. Therefore, it is not informative to reconstruct the rather minor differences in descriptive terms between the tarot used by us and that used by those of Egypt and the spiritual descendants of those first students of this system of study.

The one great breakthrough which was made after our work in third density was done was the proper emphasis given to the Arcanum Number Twenty-Two which we have called The Choice. In our own experience we were aware that such an unifying archetype existed but did not give that archetype the proper complex of concepts in order to most efficaciously use that archetype in order to promote our evolution.

Ra Wrote:89.26 Questioner: All right; I’ll have to do that. Ra stated that a major breakthrough was made when proper emphasis was put on Arcanum Twenty-Two. This didn’t happen until Ra had completed third density. I assume from this that Ra, being polarized positively, probably had some of the same difficulty that occurred prior to the veil in that the negative polarity was not appreciated. That’s a guess. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. In one way it is precisely correct. Our harvest was overwhelmingly positive and our appreciation of those which were negative was relatively uninformed. However, we were intending to suggest that in the use of the system known to you as the tarot for advancing the spiritual evolution of the self a proper understanding, if we may use this misnomer, of Archetype Twenty-Two is greatly helpful in sharpening the basic view of the Significator of Mind, Body, and Spirit and, further, throws into starker relief the Transformation and Great Way of Mind, Body, and Spirit complexes.

In these above both quotes Ra points out that if efficaciously used, this Archetype promotes the evolution. It is an unifying Archetype.

More quotes about this Archetype:

Ra Wrote:77.12 Questioner: That is correct. I am asking with respect to this particular sub-Logos, our sun.

Ra: I am Ra. This query has substance. We shall begin by turning to an observation of a series of concept complexes of which you are familiar as the tarot.

The philosophy was to create a foundation, first of mind, then of body, and then of spiritual complex. Those concept complexes you call the tarot lie then in three groups of seven: the mind cycle, one through seven; the physical complex cycle, eight through fourteen; the spiritual complex cycle, fifteen through twenty-one. The last concept complex may best be termed The Choice.

Upon the foundation of the transformation of each complex, with free will guided by the root concepts offered in these cycles, the Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and the constructing and synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice.

Ra Wrote:77.13 Questioner: Then to condense your statement, I see it meaning that there are seven basic philosophical foundations for mental experience, seven for bodily, seven for spiritual, and that these produce the polarization that we experience sometime during the third-density cycle. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct in that you perceive the content of our prior statement with accuracy. You are incorrect in that you have no mention of the, shall we say, location of all of these concept complexes; that is, they exist within the roots of the mind and it is from this resource that their guiding influence and leitmotifs* may be traced. You may further note that each foundation is itself not single but a complex of concepts. Furthermore, there are relationships betwixt mind, body, and spirit of the same location in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two, The Choice, is relatively fixed and single.

Ra, 88:24 Wrote:When, at length, the student had mastered these visualizations and had considered each of the seven classifications of archetype, looking at the relationships between mind, body, and spirit, we then suggested consideration of archetypes in pairs: one and two; three and four; five; six and seven. You may continue in this form for the body and spirit archetypes. You will note that the consideration of the Significator was left unpaired, for the Significator shall be paired with Archetype Twenty-Two.

Ra, 67:30 Wrote:Each seeker will experience each archetype in the characteristics within the complex of the archetype which are most important to it. An example of this would be the observation of the questioner that the Fool is described in such and such a way. One great aspect of this archetype is the aspect of faith, the walking into space without regard for what is to come next. This is, of course, foolish but is part of the characteristic of the spiritual neophyte. That this aspect was not seen may be pondered by the questioner.

There are probably more additional quotes that I've missed about this Archetype. I want to gather them together firstly, before trying to put them into concepts.

RE: The Choice - Ankh - 03-19-2012

"You will note that the consideration of the Significator was left unpaired, for the Significator shall be paired with Archetype Twenty-Two."

Ra, 79:41 Wrote:The mind itself became an actor possessed of free will and, more especially, will. As the Significator of the mind, the Hierophant has the will to know, but what shall it do with its knowledge, and for what reasons does it seek?

"The Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and the constructing and synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice."

RE: The Choice - Plenum - 03-19-2012

Ra, 67:30 Wrote:Each seeker will experience each archetype in the characteristics within the complex of the archetype which are most important to it. An example of this would be the observation of the questioner that the Fool is described in such and such a way. One great aspect of this archetype is the aspect of faith, the walking into space without regard for what is to come next. This is, of course, foolish but is part of the characteristic of the spiritual neophyte. That this aspect was not seen may be pondered by the questioner.

I think this is one of the most important teach/learnings when it comes to the study of the ARCHETYPES.

It is individual nourishment, much like the food that you choose to cook for yourself each day.

I thought Ra saying that "one great aspect of this archetype is the aspect of faith" was pretty interesting.

RE: The Choice - Bring4th_Austin - 03-19-2012

I wonder if Ra meant "great" as in "very good/pleasing," or if they meant "large." I'd wager the latter.

Ra Wrote:77.12 The last concept complex may best be termed The Choice.

Upon the foundation of the transformation of each complex, with free will guided by the root concepts offered in these cycles, the Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and the constructing and synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice.

Is the Fool Card in position 0 as well as 22?

I assume the Choice is referring to Free Will and choosing between STO and STS.

More quotes that concerns the choice:

Ra, 76:16 Wrote:The prelude to choice must encompass the laying of the foundation, the establishment of the illusion and the viability of that which can be made spiritually viable. The remainder of the densities is continuous refining of the choice. This also is greatly lengthened, as you would use the term. The choice is, as you put it, the work of a moment but is the axis upon which the creation turns.

Ra Wrote:77.14 Questioner: Then I am probably having a problem with the concept of time since it appears that the Logos was aware of the polarization choice. It seems that this choice for polarization at the end of third density is an important philosophical plan for the experience past third density. Am I correct in assuming that this process is a process to create the proper or desired experience that will take place in the creation after third density is complete?

Ra: I am Ra. These philosophical foundations are those of third density. Above this density there remains the recognition of the architecture of the Logos but without the veils which are so integral a part of the process of making the choice in third density.

Ra Wrote:77.16 Questioner: What I am really attempting to understand, since all of these twenty-one philosophical bases result in the twenty-second which is The Choice, is why this choice is so important, why the Logos seems to put so much emphasis on this choice, and what function this choice of polarity has, precisely, in the evolution or the experience of that which is created by the Logos?

Ra: I am Ra. The polarization or choosing of each mind/body/spirit is necessary for harvestability from third density. The higher densities do their work due to the polarity gained in this choice.

Ra Wrote:78.20 Questioner: You stated previously that The Choice is made in this third-density and is the axis upon which the creation turns. Could you expand on your reason for making that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a statement of the nature of creation as we speak to you.

"This is a statement of the nature of creation as we speak to you" - if Ra would speak third density humanish language, would they say something like: "The Choice is the nature of creation in this very now", or what do they mean by their above answer?

Ra Wrote:77.15 Questioner: The specific question that I had was that it seems to me that the choice was planned to create intense polarization past third density so that experience would be intense past third density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Given that our interpretation of your sound vibration complexes is appropriate, this is incorrect. The intensity of fourth density is that of the refining of the rough-hewn sculpture. This is, indeed, in its own way, quite intense causing the mind/body/spirit complex to move ever inward and onward in its quest for fuller expression. However, in third density the statue is forged in the fire. This is a type of intensity which is not the property of fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh densities.

"The statue is forged in the fire" - do they describe the Choice by this statement?

Ra, 85:9 Wrote:The polarization process, as it enters fourth density, is one which occurs with full knowledge of the veiling process which has taken place in third density. This veiling process is that which is a portion of the third-density experience. The knowledge and memory of the outcome of this and all portions of the third-density experience informs the higher-density polarized entity. It, however, does not influence the choice which has been made and which is the basis for further work past third density in polarization. Those which have chosen the service-to-others* path have simply used the veiling process in order to potentiate that which is not. This is an entirely acceptable method of self-knowledge of and by the Creator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* This should be service-to-self. Don and Ra correct the error later in the session.

Sorry for all the quotes, folks. No need to read them all. I wanted to gather them together for my own sake. =)
(03-19-2012, 02:10 PM)plenum Wrote: Is the Fool Card in position 0 as well as 22?

In the Ra material it has number 22; and there is no number 0 in the material, is there? Huh

However, in other decks/information sources the Fool, or the Choice, has also the number 0, as I've seen it..?

plenum Wrote:I assume the Choice is referring to Free Will and choosing between STO and STS.

As far as I understand it, yeah. But did you think about another Choice?? Huh

RE: The Choice - Conifer16 - 03-19-2012

I apologize if this is too off topic.

Ra: I am Ra. These philosophical foundations are those of third density. Above this density there remains the recognition of the architecture of the Logos but without the veils which are so integral a part of the process of making the choice in third density.

Note Ra says veils. As in plural more then one. I thought that was interesting. Maybe there is a veil for the mind and for the body and spirit? What comes to mind when you read that?

Thanks,
-Conifer17-
Adonai Vasu Borragus namaste
Peace and giggles :-) <3 :-)

RE: The Choice - kycahi - 03-19-2012

(03-19-2012, 02:40 PM)Ankh Wrote:
Ra Wrote:The intensity of fourth density is that of the refining of the rough-hewn sculpture. This is, indeed, in its own way, quite intense causing the mind/body/spirit complex to move ever inward and onward in its quest for fuller expression. However, in third density the statue is forged in the fire. This is a type of intensity which is not the property of fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh densities.

"The statue is forged in the fire" - do they describe the Choice by this statement?

I'm thinking yes, and that "forged in the fire" refers to the stress and confusion of 3D existence in which a poor 3D entity must Choose. I interpret Ra as saying densities above 3rd are less intense to the entity.

Just occurring to me are all of the fictional scenarios in which a poor fool must make a choice of importance without knowing enough parameters. Maybe that is unconscious(?) reference to the big 3D conundrum.

RE: The Choice - abstrktion - 03-19-2012

Just thought I'd chime in on this topic--my thoughts on The Choice are a bit mixed in with some other bits; this is an excerpt from the website where I'm starting to put up some artistic impressions of the archetypes. The page numbers in book IV and other references are given on my site, but for whatever reason, don't seem to copy here. Here is the site: http://www.zhibit.org/abstrktion/part-1-introduction

The First Distortion, Veiling, and The Choice

Archetypes one through nine developed before the experiment of extending the first distortion (full free will) with the first tool (veiling between consciousness and unconsciousness such that we forget where we came from and who we’ve been). This means that they were developed in Logoi which had not yet innovated the experiment of free will. Each of these Logoi had different sets within the one through nine.

RA points out that there were Logoi who did not include free will, but that after much experimentation, it was found that free will creates stronger catalyst for polarization. RA tells us that “the purpose of polarity is to develop the potential to do work” and “work is done far more efficiently and with greater purity, intensity, and variety by the voluntary searching of mind/body/spirit complexes.”

Our Logos, its own unique system, chose free will as well as the veiling process. Interestingly, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints frames this as a war in heaven wherein one-third of the hosts of heaven chose Satan’s plan for salvation, one which did not include free will. In that doctrine, all of us incarnate here on earth at one point chose the plan of free will and the rest did not take on physical bodies. It seems to me that We (i.e., the One Infinite Creator of which we are each a part) must have thought the game would be better played blindfolded! I have to appreciate the humor and challenge in that as I try to oblige the One Infinite Creator by doing my part to gather experience (so We can know Ourselves better…) and to win back through that veil to greater understanding, seeking Christ on the other side who has assured us that he stands there waiting for us: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him.”

The last card of the deck, number 22, is termed by Ra “The Choice” and it represents the complex of concepts having to do with choosing to serve the self or others. The journey through involution has this for its goal: RA states that “upon the foundation of the transformation of each complex, with free will guided by the root concepts offered in these cycles, the Logos offered this density the basic architecture of a building and the construction and the synthesizing of data culminating in The Choice.” So whereas in 2nd Density, the goals were to develop growth and consciousness , in 3rd Density, the goal is polarization for harvest into 4th Density. In sum, RA remarks, “the prelude to choice must encompass the laying of the foundation, the establishment of the illusion and the viability of that which can be made spiritually viable. The remainder of the densities is continuous refining of choice…the choice is…the work of a moment but is the axis upon which creation turns.”

The Choice is very important and even Ra felt that “the one great breakthrough which was made after our work in third density was done was the proper emphasis given to the Arcanum Number Twenty-Two which we have called The Choice. In our own experience we were aware that such a unifying archetype existed but did not give that archetype the proper complex of concepts in order to most efficaciously use that archetype in order to promote our evolution.” I think it is very telling that Ra chose to call this a “unifying” archetype, considering the fact that it implies duality in the illusion we typically consider “reality.” In essence, I believe Ra means to instruct us that these two seemingly different ways of being in the world are just two sides of one coin. It is useful for us to understand that “the One Infinite Creator is no respecter of polarity but offers Itself in full to all.” This is difficult to swallow, particularly when those of the service to self path are making things disagreeable for the rest of us and offering their polarity to others. Nevertheless, both polarities offer ways of experiencing the Creator. I suppose we can take some comfort, however, in the idea that Ra also tells us that this particular Logos has a bias towards “kindness” and the choice of service to others is “the more efficient polarity.”

The Questioner posits that Ra may have felt like they didn’t truly appreciate The Choice because their harvest was overwhelmingly positive and so they may not have had a truly informed understanding of the negative polarity. RA says that this is precisely correct “in one way,” implying that there was more to this than the one idea. RA continues by stating that this archetype can be “helpful in sharpening the basic view of the Significator of Mind, Body, and Spirit and, further, throws into starker relief the Transformation and Great Way of Mind, Body, and Spirit complexes.”

One thing every painter knows is that you can’t see the light unless you have a dark area that contrasts with it—and vice versa, you can’t make the light shine out unless you first lay down a layer of darker color with which it can be contrasted. This idea came to me in its fullness while I was painting the Matrix of Spirit. The only clear description I had of it was that it was “the darkest darkness”—but how can one paint that? A totally black painting? Well, just painting black didn’t seem too interesting to me, so I decided it could be a very dark sphere in the center of the painting with swirling bits around it. However, what I realized as I was trying to create the darkness, was that I first had to put down a layer of light so that the darkness would become visible.

Still, in the end, eventually the opposition created by the distortion of free will and the veiling will not last. In 6th dimension, all those on the left-hand path cross back over for “God is love” —those that have chosen to explore “that which they are not” will come face to face with that which they are and wholeness will be restored. RA states that in “the density of unity, the positive and negative paths must needs take in each other for all now must be seen as love/light and light/love.”

As a final thought…it must always be kept in mind that the work with the tarot—or any other system—is but a means to an end. RA states, “the archetypal mind does not resolve any paradoxes or bring all into unity…therefore, may we ask the student to look up from inward working and behold the glory, the might, the majesty, the mystery, and the peace of oneness.” RA further asserts that they do not wish “to place before the consideration of any mind/body/spirit complex which seeks its evolution the palest tint of the idea that these images are anything but a resource for working in the area of the development of the faith and the will.”

The goal is to develop the faith and the will so that we might eventually come to a place where we fully experience Unity.

yeah. what she said.

Tongue

(nice one Julie. You hit that for a HOME RUN)

RE: The Choice - Ankh - 03-20-2012

(03-19-2012, 12:21 PM)plenum Wrote:

I think this is one of the most important teach/learnings when it comes to the study of the ARCHETYPES.

It is individual nourishment, much like the food that you choose to cook for yourself each day.

I think that indeed perhaps studying an Archetype attracts it from the deeper levels of the mind? Studying this one, has brought me visions and understandings about it, that I was not aware of before. It has also been helpful in polarization.

RE: The Choice - Shemaya - 03-20-2012

(03-19-2012, 03:31 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: I apologize if this is too off topic.

Note Ra says veils. As in plural more then one. I thought that was interesting. Maybe there is a veil for the mind and for the body and spirit? What comes to mind when you read that?

Thanks,
-Conifer17-
Adonai Vasu Borragus namaste
Peace and giggles :-) <3 :-)

Hi conifer,
I think of the veils as the layers of beliefs, myths, thoughts that don't quite hit the mark of being the Truth of the Creator. Especially pertaining to duality and polarity which has distilled from the first separation. I think Ra speaks of the veil as the separation between our conscious/unconscious.

RE: The Choice - Plenum - 03-20-2012

(03-20-2012, 03:30 AM)Ankh Wrote: I think that indeed perhaps studying an Archetype attracts it from the deeper levels of the mind? Studying this one, has brought me visions and understandings about it, that I was not aware of before. It has also been helpful in polarization.

laugh at this if you will, but most of my dreams are now about the archetypes Smile

it is a subtle conveyance of a meaning, played out in symbolic form, going where words cannot go.

I feel so uplifted when I decode the understanding. The inspiration it gives is beyond my ability to write.

Ok, here is my interpretation of this Archetype (and I may suck in it Tongue).

The card:

The entity on the card seems to be standing in the position of soon to be walking forward. He is looking straight forward, as in figuring it out where to go. He just taking a break looking at what is in front of him.

He carries two equally seized bags on each end of his stick, which he has over his left shoulder. My interpretation of these bags is that it is the experiences made this far, of equal negative nature as well as positive. I don't put any greater importance on the fact that he has this stick over his left shoulder. It doesn't say me anything.

In his right hand he has a wandering stick. For me it represents, or symbolizes, faith, which is crowned with will, that little thing on top of his staff.

Which path shall he choose? The right one, the path of sunshine? Or the left one, the path of eclipse? The sun eclipsing with the moon represents these two paths for me. The negative path, the left one, is the path which is not. Therefore, the sun might be eclipsed walking this path, and it's dark, but it's only an illusion, because the sun is always shining, eventhough it might be shadowed for a while.

The fallen pillar represents to me the third density which will soon be left behind. It is a third density artifact which has fallen, and it being fallen symbolizes to me the end of his innocent or ignorant ages. He now stands before *The* choice.

The croc on the pillar... That's the difficult one... The croc has been both feared and worshiped as an Egyptian God in the ancient Egypt, have I learned on Brandy Rox webpage. Here is a wiki link to Sobek, the croc God. Funny quote from that page: "As a creator god, he was occasionally linked with the sun god Ra." BigSmile

So the wanderer is equipted with nothing but the faith, will and his experiences. Now his innocent phase of living is to an end as he embarks on his road. Which one shall he choose? The picknick in the sunshine, or the picknick in the eclipse? The road itself is the Archetype. It alone has been carrying the wanderer being unifyed up to this point. It will now split, carrying him, his faith and will, and his belongings, to the unseen, new, destinations. Where it leads is unknown. In the picture there is only this road, this path - a choice, and the wanderer soon be embarking on its path.

Thoughts:

The concepts of thoughts are not yet clear and completely understood by me. I see this Archetype as unifying in the sense that it unifies all other Archetypes. It is best put by Ra: the Hierophant wants to know, but what will he do with his knowledge, and for what reasons does he seek? It is an amazing statement! I've "always" had an insatiable thirst for knowledge. When I study something, I can't be at rest til I know all that I want to know about the thing I am studying. But at the end, when that particular study is over, there has been an emptiness inside of me, and the question of "now what"? What shall I do with this knowledge now? For what reasons do I seek? (I love Ra!) So there is a matrix, and the potentiator, and the catalysts are presented, and the experiences are made, and finally one comes to a point of "what now"? And that point is The Choice. This conscious, or for some unconcious, choice is like a bridge, and once made, the path goes forward into the transformation of the mind, and then one is walking in The Great Way.

I would love to hear some of the other's interpretations here of this Archetype, would someone wish to share.

RE: The Choice - Confused - 03-20-2012

In my understanding, the two circular bodies, the two bags and the two creatures at the bottom all bespeak of the dual nature of existence. The crocodile is probably indicative of the random catalysts that may strike an individual (or monad) on the path of the evolutionary journey. Faith is probably the inner strength or courage that goads the one on the path to forge forward in spite of getting battered often by the confusing blizzards of 'randomness' and the uncertainty of the travel through dangerous darkness (or the underworld).

(03-20-2012, 10:56 AM)Confused Wrote: In my understanding, the two circular bodies, the two bags and the two creatures at the bottom all bespeak of the dual nature of existence. The crocodile is probably indicative of the random catalysts that may strike an individual (or monad) on the path of the evolutionary journey. Faith is probably the inner strength or courage that goads the one on the path to forge forward in spite of getting battered often by the confusing blizzards of 'randomness' and the uncertainty of the travel through dangerous darkness (or the underworld).

Didn't think of that... Awesome interpretation, K!!

RE: The Choice - JustLikeYou - 03-20-2012

Many thanks to Ankh for posting all those quotations. I appreciate the work that Tobey put into lawofone.info, but I always knew that the category "Tarot" was missing many useful quotes, especially quotes concerning the Choice. Ankh, you have remedied one of the greatest omissions of that website. How pleasing that we are able to balance each other so well.

plenum Wrote:Is the Fool Card in position 0 as well as 22?

In many Tarot circles, this is considered to be the case. The Fool is both the beginning and the end. We begin knowing nothing, and when we are finally possessed of wisdom, we discover that wisdom is only knowing that you know nothing. Since it is a unifying Archetype, I would say that the Choice's true location in the order of the cards is everywhere and nowhere simultaneously.

Conifer16 Wrote:Note Ra says veils. As in plural more then one. I thought that was interesting. Maybe there is a veil for the mind and for the body and spirit? What comes to mind when you read that?

Ra Wrote:The mechanism of the veiling between the conscious and unconscious portions of the mind was a declaration that the mind was complex. This, in turn, caused the body and the spirit to become complex.

Quote:Questioner: Would you give me an example of a complex activity of the body that we have now and how it was not complex prior to the veil?

Ra: I am Ra. Prior to the great experiment a mind/body/spirit was capable of controlling the pressure of blood in the veins, the beating of the organ you call the heart, the intensity of the sensation known to you as pain, and all the functions now understood to be involuntary or unconscious.

Though the word "veil" can be understood in many ways, I think a very useful way to interpret it is in reference to one of the three complexes. There is a different veiling in mind than in body, likewise for spirit.

It seems to me that the veiling of the mind veils the movements of body and spirit from the mind. The consequence of this is that the mind's projections concerning body and spirit are reflected in these very complexes. In other words, the body reflects the mind's veiled complexity back to it, and the spirit is blocked off from intelligent infinity based on the mind's unreadiness to reach out to it. It would stand to reason that if the blockages of the mind are addressed, the blockages of body and spirit will largely fall away. What else, for example, is a feeling of unworthiness (which is an indigo-ray blockage and thus of the spirit), but a belief that the self is of a poor quality as compared to the Creator? Changing the belief, changes the feeling.

kycahi Wrote:Just occurring to me are all of the fictional scenarios in which a poor fool must make a choice of importance without knowing enough parameters. Maybe that is unconscious(?) reference to the big 3D conundrum.

How could there be any such thing as faith if all parameters are known? Only a Fool is capable of having faith.

abstrktion Wrote:Our Logos, its own unique system, chose free will as the first distortion, as well as the veiling process.

The First Distortion is free-will. The Second Distortion is Logos. This entails that free-will actually precedes the existence of the Logoic mind. My interpretation of Session 13 is that the Primal Distortions of the Law of One do not change from Octave to Octave. They are the very basis of Creation.

Ra says that the springboard for 3D experience is not the first distortion, but the Law of Confusion (can't find the quote). My interpretation of this statement is that in our 3D microcosm, the Law of Confusion (i.e. the veils) is the reflection of the first distortion.

Julie, your consideration of contrast between light and dark following this quotation, "[The Choice is] helpful in sharpening the basic view of the Significator of Mind, Body, and Spirit and, further, throws into starker relief the Transformation and Great Way of Mind, Body, and Spirit complexes," inspired an idea in my mind.

The first four Archetypes of any given cycle operate and function without any great necessity for making the Choice. In other words, you will have mental, bodily and spiritual experiences, even if you continually flip-flop in the polarity of your approach. Perhaps you try to control someone one day, and then give out of the goodness of your heart the next. All of this is experience. However, until the Choice is made, no great progress occurs. In any cycle, the Transformation represents great progress. Therefore, the stark relief that the Choice provides to the Transformation and Great Way Archetypes is that new doors open to evolutionary motion once polarization takes a direction.

Let us remember that polarity is a potential. In electrical terms, the potential in a circuit is the amount of separation between negative and positive charges. If I am 50/50, it is as if I have no potential, because the charges in me are balanced. If I am 95/5, though, I have extreme potential and can yield great energy. Thus, without some degree of polarity, some build up of potential, it stands to reason that there is very little experience of the Transformation or Great Way.

abstrktion Wrote:Ra further asserts that they do not wish “to place before the consideration of any mind/body/spirit complex which seeks its evolution the palest tint of the idea that these images are anything but a resource for working in the area of the development of the faith and the will.”

Thank you for this reminder. I think I will put it in the Intro/ToC thread.

Ankh, your analysis is very good! I am deeply indebted to you for it, because this by far is the card I have spent the least amount of time with. Nevertheless, I shall take your invitation and provide my own.

The Sun is partially eclipsed by the Moon, which forms a Vesica Piscis or Sacred Mandorle (as Shin'Ar called it). This shape represents the place of intersection between two spheres of activity. It is only in 3D that there exists a deep admixture of both STO and STS biases, so this card is very much unique to 3D. As Ankh points out, the seeker will eventually choose whether to explore the eclipse or the Sun, thereby progressively shrinking the Mandorle created by the Sun and Moon. If I were to draw this card, I would switch the location of the Sun and Moon, so that as the Seeker walks toward his right-hand side, the Sun pulls further and further from the Moon.

I agree that the two bags signify polarity, as I think all sets of two things in the Archetypes do, no matter what those two things are. I also agree that the two bags represent the meager experiences of the self so-far. These experiences are meager because everything the Fool has can be placed in a couple of small bags thrown over the shoulder. We have so very little to based the Choice on.

The stick that holds the two bags is parallel to the fallen column, both of which are angled in favor of the left-hand path. This signifies to me that the experiences the seeker is likely to have and the terrain the seeker walks make the left-hand path the more tempting of the paths. This truth is evident by the statement "power corrupts".

The fact that the pillar is fallen tells me that there is no great monument of knowledge to which the seeker can turn for guidance. Guidance must be internal. Again, we have a symbol of faith.

Yet the crocodile guards the left-hand path. In ancient Egyptian mythology, a soul must undergo the test of Ma'at before entering into the after-life. In this test, the heart is weighed against the feather upon the head of Ma'at. If the heart is found to be heavier than a feather, it is fed to a crocodile and the soul is condemned. This gives the crocodile on the fallen pillar a two-fold interpretation: 1. The crocodile depicts the myriad dangers which lie along the path of the seeker (remember that the path is straight and narrow -- to deviate is dangerous in the sense that one may get lost), especially the seeker on the left-hand path; 2. The crocodile also depicts the commitment of the left-hand seeker to shutting off the heart energy.

I had no concept of the meaning of the walking stick prior to reading Ankh's post. I embrace this interpretation fully, though I'd also point out that it looks like a flower atop a stem to me.

The Fool steps forward into an ocean. On one level, this represents the dark depths of the left-hand path, as opposed to the brightness of the right-hand path. On another level, this represents that the next step is always a step into the unknown.

Finally, I do think that there is significance in the contents of the right and left hands. This significance may not relate to STO vs. STS polarization. The right hand is the hand of positive polarity and the left negative. This means that the right is always projecting and the left is always absorbing. Therefore, the seeker takes in his meager experiences, and based on the biases chosen with those experiences, navigates through the great unknown with only the tool of his own fashioning: his will and faith.

The Fool does not seem to see the crocodile. Indeed the crocodile seems to be hiding. This signifies the Law of Confusion to me.

The garments of the Fool seem to be skins. I am not sure what this means, but I do know that the garment is the protection afforded the Archetype. What is the significance of protection which is made of the skins of other beings?

The two crocs at the bottom seem to me to represent the sacrifice which must be made on the two paths. Something must be thrown to the croc, regardless of the direction you move. The right-hand path must throw the attachments of the ego to the croc, while the left-hand path must throw the weakness known as "love" to the croc.

Smile

RE: The Choice - βαθμιαίος - 03-20-2012

(03-20-2012, 04:16 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: I always knew that the category "Tarot" was missing many useful quotes, especially quotes concerning the Choice. Ankh, you have remedied one of the greatest omissions of that website. How pleasing that we are able to balance each other so well.

I'm working on an update to lawofone.info and would be very glad if one of you would send me a list of quotes to add to the category.

Also, I have both archetypical mind and tarot categories but I'm not sure if that's the best way to organize things.

RE: The Choice - JustLikeYou - 03-20-2012

Sure, I'll work on that for you. I'll ponder categorization titles also.

And just to balance the negative with some positive, I found your Cosmology category extremely useful, especially in studying the three primal distortions.

Many times Don and Ra talked about something else, but there were references in this dialogue to this Archetype that I found suitable for this discussion; oftentimes I only quoted these references. But I am no expert in Archetypes.

RE: The Choice - abstrktion - 03-21-2012

@JustLikeYou --my bad. I fixed the wording. It didn't say what I meant. I hate that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it on my website. BigSmile

RE: The Choice - Ankh - 03-23-2012

(03-20-2012, 07:48 AM)plenum Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 03:30 AM)Ankh Wrote: I think that indeed perhaps studying an Archetype attracts it from the deeper levels of the mind? Studying this one, has brought me visions and understandings about it, that I was not aware of before. It has also been helpful in polarization.

laugh at this if you will, but most of my dreams are now about the archetypes Smile

it is a subtle conveyance of a meaning, played out in symbolic form, going where words cannot go.

I feel so uplifted when I decode the understanding. The inspiration it gives is beyond my ability to write.

Pssst! Since you are inspired in dreams, and I receive visions, there is a great chance that some special group doing that! BigSmile

Happen to stumble upon this just now:

Daddy Ra Wrote:14.25 Questioner: How do you normally perform your service of giving the Law of One? How have you done this over the last 2,300 years? How have you normally given this to Earth people?

Ra: I am Ra. We have used channels such as this one, but in most cases the channels feel inspired by dreams and visions without being aware, consciously, of our identity or existence.

RE: The Choice - Ankh - 04-08-2012

Ra Wrote:In our own experience we were aware that such an unifying archetype existed but did not give that archetype the proper complex of concepts in order to most efficaciously use that archetype in order to promote our evolution.

Ah, how I wish there would be a follow up question, like: "Ok, what is the proper complex of concepts of this Archetype?"

Ra Wrote:However, we were intending to suggest that in the use of the system known to you as the tarot for advancing the spiritual evolution of the self a proper understanding, if we may use this misnomer, of Archetype Twenty-Two is greatly helpful in sharpening the basic view of the Significator of Mind, Body, and Spirit and, further, throws into starker relief the Transformation and Great Way of Mind, Body, and Spirit complexes.

And: "Ok, what is the proper understanding of this Archetype?"

Ra Wrote:Those concept complexes you call the tarot lie then in three groups of seven: the mind cycle, one through seven; the physical complex cycle, eight through fourteen; the spiritual complex cycle, fifteen through twenty-one. The last concept complex may best be termed The Choice.

The Choice is a concept complex, which this density is culminating in. This is the only density which is veiled. Free Will is paramount. So I stumbled upon this quote:

Ra, 98:5 Wrote:We tread close to the Law of Confusion, saved only by the awareness that given lack of information this instrument would, nonetheless, continue to offer its service.

The only reason to why Ra could answer that question is because the instrument would still continue to be of service, regardless, i.e. the Choice was already made.

So: veil is in place in order for us to make the choice, which this density is culminating in. Is that the only reason for the veil? To make the choice?

Ra Wrote:Furthermore, there are relationships betwixt mind, body, and spirit of the same location in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two, The Choice, is relatively fixed and single.

Relationships are helpful in the *pursuit* of the Choice makes me to interpret it as in *this is it*. The Choice is culmination, and the goal. *The only thing that is important*..?

(Then when they say that the Choice is fixed and single and unifying, I still wonder what that means? I think that it has something to do with all that I am trying to understand now...)

Ra, 67:30 Wrote:One great aspect of this archetype is the aspect of faith, the walking into space without regard for what is to come next.

A *great* aspect of this Archetype is faith.

Faith and will are walking holding hands, right?

Ra, 79:41 Wrote:The mind itself became an actor possessed of free will and, more especially, will. As the Significator of the mind, the Hierophant has the will to know, but what shall it do with its knowledge, and for what reasons does it seek?

I am fascinated by this quote: the mind is possessed with free will, *but more especially will*. The Significator has the will to know, but what shall it do with its knowldge, and for what reasons does it seek?

Ra, 88:24 Wrote:You will note that the consideration of the Significator was left unpaired, for the Significator shall be paired with Archetype Twenty-Two.

Other fascinating statements:

*The Choice is the axis upon which the creation turns.

*Veils are integral in process of making the choice in third density.

So why is this choice so important?

Quote:77.16 Questioner: What I am really attempting to understand, since all of these twenty-one philosophical bases result in the twenty-second which is The Choice, is why this choice is so important, why the Logos seems to put so much emphasis on this choice, and what function this choice of polarity has, precisely, in the evolution or the experience of that which is created by the Logos?

Ra: I am Ra. The polarization or choosing of each mind/body/spirit is necessary for harvestability from third density. The higher densities do their work due to the polarity gained in this choice.

So, the whole work, when moving on, is based upon this choice. The higher densities work rests upon the choice we now make. That is why Free Will is paramount, and the veil is thick...

Can anyone answer this:

Quote:78.20 Questioner: You stated previously that The Choice is made in this third-density and is the axis upon which the creation turns. Could you expand on your reason for making that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a statement of the nature of creation as we speak to you.

"This is a statement of the nature of creation as we speak to you" - if Ra would speak third density humanish language, would they say something like: "The Choice is the nature of creation in this very now", or what do they mean by their above answer?

RE: The Choice - Shin'Ar - 04-08-2012

Ankh I do not study the tarot according to the ways that you and this community do. I have posted my interpretations in another thread.

But I can see you trying desperately to grasp this and wish that I could help.

You said : "Relationships are helpful in the *pursuit* of the Choice makes me to interpret it as in *this is it*. The Choice is culmination, and the goal. *The only thing that is important*..?

(Then when they say that the Choice is fixed and single and unifying, I still wonder what that means? I think that it has something to do with all that I am trying to understand now...)" UNQUOTE

This was said in your effort top comprehend those Ra quotes that you are supplying.

Now maybe you do understand this and forgive me if I have missed it, but I ask anyway.

Do you understand that the 'relationships' Ra speaks of are groups of cards that relate to each other in specific ways? For instance he used the example of card one, card 8, and card 15 and how the point toward free will and choice.

This is whar Ra said : "Ra Wrote:Furthermore, there are relationships betwixt mind, body, and spirit of the same location in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two, The Choice, is relatively fixed and single." UNQUOTE

What Ra was pointing out is that in those other cards choice and free will were paramount in their meaning. BUT in 22, or card 0 as I apply it, this is the only card where choice is not a factor. The goal is fixed because the character here has no choice. the civilization he has escaped from is in ruins and lost behind him. the right hand path that he had known all his life is suddenly gone and he has no choice but to embark on this new path.

What confuses me is that even though Ra understands the meaning of this card, they still choose to name it The Choice.

Anyway you next asked if anyone could answer this Ra quote: "78.20 Questioner: You stated previously that The Choice is made in this third-density and is the axis upon which the creation turns. Could you expand on your reason for making that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a statement of the nature of creation as we speak to you." UNQUOTE

If you can grasp what I have pointed out above, the last quote here is just further clarifying that the card is a depiction of life in this density, a person embarking upon a path with no real idea what lies ahead, and that embarking on the left hand path is walking a path in which the Goddess and divine revelation is the axis on which creation turns, which is the depiction we see in the Wheel card. We see many references to this circle of existence throughout the tarot.

This wheel spins one way or another based upon which energy is the controlling factor. But the central axis is always the same. Onmce one realizes this and discover THAT axis, the choice is simple.

RE: The Choice - JustLikeYou - 04-08-2012

Ra Wrote:Furthermore, there are relationships betwixt mind, body, and spirit of the same location in octave, for instance: one, eight, fifteen, and relationships within each octave which are helpful in the pursuit of The Choice by the mind/body/spirit complex. The Logos under which these foundations stand is one of free will. Thusly the foundations may be seen to have unique facets and relationships for each mind/body/spirit complex. Only twenty-two, The Choice, is relatively fixed and single.

Ankh Wrote:Relationships are helpful in the *pursuit* of the Choice makes me to interpret it as in *this is it*. The Choice is culmination, and the goal. *The only thing that is important*..?

(Then when they say that the Choice is fixed and single and unifying, I still wonder what that means? I think that it has something to do with all that I am trying to understand now...)

Shin'Ar Wrote:What Ra was pointing out is that in those other cards choice and free will were paramount in their meaning. BUT in 22, or card 0 as I apply it, this is the only card where choice is not a factor. The goal is fixed because the character here has no choice. the civilization he has escaped from is in ruins and lost behind him. the right hand path that he had known all his life is suddenly gone and he has no choice but to embark on this new path.

What confuses me is that even though Ra understands the meaning of this card, they still choose to name it The Choice.

It is often said that we have no choice but to choose. Even if we refuse to choose, we still make a choice, however impotent that choice may be. It may be seen that the paradox of freedom is that it can only exist within an experience of limitation.

In my interpretation of Ra's words, there is a distinction between the 3D Choice and free will as a Logoic concept. In reference to the Logos, free-will can be translated as "uniqueness". In giving free-will to its creation, the Logos blinds itself to the choices made by this creation by bestowing upon it its own Infinite Uniqueness. There are facets of my infinity which none of you can ever guess, just as there are facets of your infinity that I can never guess. This is how you have free will in the primordial sense. This free will existed even before the Veiling and thus before the Choice.

But there is a second sense of free will which is at stake here: the freedom to make the Choice. This could not exist without the Veiling because before the Veiling, the Ego-self was non-existent. The Choice is made by the Ego-self (a portion of the Significator of the Mind), and the extension of free will via the Choice represents the birth of the Ego-self as a Creator in its own right. Its Creatorhood is not the same as the Creatorhood of your soul: it does not have the same dimensions of uniqueness. Yet, in its freedom, the Ego-self is capable of an infinite range of ethical grey-areas which are not possible without the Veiling.

Given this context, we can say that the Choice is fixed and single insofar as there is no great uniqueness of perception concerning this card. Each of us will ultimately perceive the Choice the same way: do you choose Good or Evil? The concepts of Good and Evil are pretty well agreed upon by now. What is not agreed upon is the ethical "oughts" concerning these concepts. In any case, the absence of free will that I see in this card is an absence of ability to view the Choice as a goal differently. It is said that the paths are many but the goal is the same.

RE: The Choice - βαθμιαίος - 04-08-2012

(04-08-2012, 05:20 PM)Ankh Wrote:
Ra Wrote:In our own experience we were aware that such an unifying archetype existed but did not give that archetype the proper complex of concepts in order to most efficaciously use that archetype in order to promote our evolution.

Ah, how I wish there would be a follow up question, like: "Ok, what is the proper complex of concepts of this Archetype?"

I just want to address this one question. I think the Choice, especially as shown in the Egyptian tarot, is Ra's current understanding of the proper complex of concepts for this archetype.

RE: The Choice - kycahi - 04-09-2012

Either unsaid in these threads or unthought, the Choice is a sequence of events:
  1. Notice the differences between STO and STS
  2. Like one path more than the other one
  3. Decide to live mostly on that one, dammit
Seeing it this way better makes me recognize that the third one, the actual Choosing, is the important one and not whether to be in service to self or to others. That's what Ra said repeatedly, but we have tended to sing the praises for one path over the other.

Without the veil, 3Ders would have enough obvious data to make a rational choice, just as would a gambler who could see everyone's cards. 3Ders must leap in faith to their paths and live with the consequences. Until they make that leap, they are just dithering around in confusion.

An additional function of the veil is making all of the catalysis of experiences for the One, but I'm beginning to think that those catalysts are really just nudges toward Choosing one path or the other. So, Ankh, you look correct in guessing that the Veil is here for Choosing with faith.

RE: The Choice - Confused - 04-09-2012

(04-08-2012, 05:20 PM)Ankh Wrote: ...Then when they say that the Choice is fixed and single and unifying, I still wonder what that means?

Hi, Ankh. I think Ra was pretty much straightforward there. The archetypes are complexes that infinite entities can perceive in an infinite number of ways, stemming from the unique shaping complex of biases accumulated over multiple space/time scenarios and circumstances. However, the Choice, can be perceived only in two ways in the creation that we inhabit, in terms of the nature of service we choose to manifest. In that sense, probably it is fixed and single in its interpretation.

RE: The Choice - uniphi - 04-09-2012

what arises in my mind with that statement "...forged in the fire" is The Alchemist (Temperance) card XIV Great Way of the Body...

"81.14 Questioner: Finally, the fourteenth, the Way of the Body is called the Alchemist because there is an infinity of time for the various bodies to operate within to learn the lessons necessary for evolution. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is less than completely correct as the Great Way of the Body must be seen, as are all the archetypes of the body, to be a mirror image of the thrust of the activity of the mind. The body is the creature of the mind and is the instrument of manifestation for the fruits of mind and spirit. Therefore, you may see the body as providing the athanor* through which the Alchemist manifests gold."

* Athanor: an oven; a fire; a digesting furnace, formerly used in alchemy, so constructed as to maintain a uniform and constant heat.

just putting it out there with intuitive mind for now & will work some rationale in the meantime !Heart

more Choices musings... visually the 2 bags triggers to my mind 'the scales of balance', in 'Justice' card VIII Matrix of the Body, (who is 'blind' ...veiled?) while the eclipse, another balance of relationship Earth Sun Moon which links mind to Matrix of Spirit, the Devil and the yes THE CHOICE!! [22 ~ a master number ;-]
Ra; The adept, whether positive or negative, has the same Matrix. The Potentiator is also identical. Due to the Catalyst of each adept the adept may begin to pick and choose that into which it shall look further. The Experience of the Spirit, that which you have called the Moon, is then, by
far, the more manifest of influences upon the polarity of the adept. Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until
light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to others illumination has occurred. The service-to-self adept will satisfy itself with the shadows and, grasping the light of day, will toss back the head in grim laughter, preferring the darkness." 80.15
the unifying archetype of evolution...
wow couldn't make out that was a crocodile image... now i do see it i intuit South American / Mayan crocodile glyphs equal to the Waterlily & renewal...