Bring4th
Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Meet-up Area (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There (/showthread.php?tid=4832)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Ankh - 08-05-2012

(08-05-2012, 05:19 PM)Eddie Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 04:23 PM)Ankh Wrote: Eddie, looks like we are on. :p What night did you have in mind?
I'm flexible. Either Friday or Saturday (I usually drive home on Sunday evening).

Sounds great!

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Brittany - 08-05-2012

I am probably working Friday morning, so if I drive I'm not sure when we'll squeeze it in.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Meerie - 08-07-2012

(08-05-2012, 10:34 PM)ahktu Wrote: I am probably working Friday morning, so if I drive I'm not sure when we'll squeeze it in.

Ahktu!! don't enable these alcoholics Tongue
love and light, they said.
meditation, they said.
yeah, in a dark and murky beer house...
RollEyes

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Steppingfeet - 08-07-2012

This Homecoming is shaping up to have the most forum members in attendance we've yet experienced.

Just a heads up that there are 29 people registered so far. That leaves about six to nine seats remaining. Our record attendance happened last year at 35 people, and we were getting close to reaching max capacity. We're limited by our own resources and by the physical size of the venue.

24 days remaining!

Smile GLB

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - native - 08-07-2012

I took those days off..don't know if I can make it yet though.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Richard - 08-08-2012

(08-07-2012, 02:45 AM)Meerie Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 10:34 PM)ahktu Wrote: I am probably working Friday morning, so if I drive I'm not sure when we'll squeeze it in.

Ahktu!! don't enable these alcoholics Tongue
love and light, they said.
meditation, they said.
yeah, in a dark and murky beer house...
RollEyes

Meditation in a dark and murky beerhouse can be a particularly enjoyable experience. The heady aromas of malt and hops are said stimulate the pineal gland...not to mention enlightened conversation that is sure to follow imbibement of noble brews.

Richard

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Ankh - 08-09-2012

I hope that the plan is to squeeze this activity during an evening, sister! Because if imbibing the third density chemical complex we call brain in beer early in the morning *could* mean that at Friday evening during the Round Robin it could be particular difficult to follow what most of the people are saying if a little clique of other people there, having beer for breakfast, are singing and dancing in the middle of the circle. BigSmile

(08-07-2012, 10:10 PM)Icaro Wrote: I took those days off..don't know if I can make it yet though.

I hope that you can come! Would be soooo nice to meet you!

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Bring4th_Austin - 08-09-2012

Alright, it's final: I'll be there.

Which forum members will I have the honor of meeting?

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Ankh - 08-09-2012

(08-09-2012, 12:42 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Alright, it's final: I'll be there.

Which forum members will I have the honor of meeting?

YAY!!! \0/

I'll be there! :p

It's going to be such a joy to meet you in the physical, Austin!! =)

Which day are you planning to arrive to the house?

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Brittany - 08-09-2012

Austin! Austin! Will you be in on the 29th? You should be a zombie with us!!!

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Parsons - 08-09-2012

You will have the honor of meeting me if I can remember to pay for tuition one of these nights when I get home from work.

* Parsons pictures everyone realizing that I'm coming so nobody shows up. Tongue

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Bring4th_Austin - 08-09-2012

Wait, Parsons is going to be there? Man, I just forgot, that's the weekend I'm...uh...washing the pigs. Yeah.
(08-09-2012, 05:18 PM)ahktu Wrote: Austin! Austin! Will you be in on the 29th? You should be a zombie with us!!!

My travel plans aren't finalized yet...but if I am there then consider me zombified.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - native - 08-10-2012

(08-09-2012, 09:32 AM)Ankh Wrote: I hope that you can come! Would be soooo nice to meet you!

Yes, likewise!

To split the cost, I'd be willing to crash on the floor of someone's hotel room in a sleeping bag if anyone is up for it (still unsure about attending).

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Parsons - 08-11-2012

Okay, so a little tip to anyone that might fall in to the same extremely irritating trap as me: The hotel "MicroHotel" that is suggested for staying at for homecoming is booked up (at least for single bed rooms, as far as I got). So if you are using travelocity, DON'T try to select single bed rooms for this hotel, because travelocity wont let you know that they are all booked until AFTER their retarded website tries to authorize a credit card transaction. So what happened to me is there are 4 dummy charges on my debit card which kicked in the automatic fraud prevention on my account, making my card unusable until someone from my banking institution gets around to calling me so I can unfreeze it. On top of this, judging by how the price of my trip increased ($20) during the 3 attempts of trying send through the trip reservations, I will be paying more trying to sign up for this tomorrow or this Sunday than if travelocity and microhotel communicated that some of their room times are totally booked. Or if travelocity verified that the rooms were available BEFORE they tried to charge your credit/debit card.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Eddie - 08-11-2012

I'm surprised that it's booked up; that's never happened during Homecoming before. There is UL/UK football game in Louisville that Sunday, which might account for it. This becomes problematic. Some of us haven't made our reservations yet. Microtel is the only affordable hotel I'm aware of in the general vicinity of Carla's house (and even it isn't that close, about 6 miles).

Edited to add: I just called up the Microtel Inn (at 502-266-6590) and made a reservation with no problem (as of 7:17AM EDT, 8-11-2012). Maybe you should just call the hotel directly, instead of going through Travelocity.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Cyan - 08-11-2012

If i get to the La area sometime during the 22.08 to 24.08 would it be possible to get lodging from someone also going to the homecoming or stay over at a place within walking distance of the homecoming area. Until the end of homecoming when I would go about my own business.

Would be willing to pay somewhat (just not hotel rates).

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Parsons - 08-11-2012

Thanks for the advice Eddie, I should have thought of that but I was probably slightly delirious from trying to book my reservations on that website for like 2 hours late at night.

I think I'm going to call and book a room with 2 beds since there have been at least 2 people here asking about cheap/free lodging. BigSmile

Well damn, all the 2-bed rooms are reserved. :S

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Unbound - 08-14-2012

Oh how I wish I could attend this. Sad

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Aaron - 08-16-2012

(08-14-2012, 10:45 PM)TheEternal Wrote: Oh how I wish I could attend this. Sad

What seems to be holding you back?

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - xise - 08-17-2012

interested!
(08-04-2012, 09:06 PM)Eddie Wrote: I think I might go to Sergio's (craft beer bar with 1400+ varieties) one evening while at Homecoming. Anybody interested?

Sergio's World Beers

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Eddie - 08-17-2012

(08-17-2012, 02:19 PM)xise Wrote: interested!

Good! We'll explore some rare Belgian ales.Smile

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Steppingfeet - 08-20-2012

Eternal, we've got perhaps two spots remaining, I'll echo Aaron's question, any particular hold-up?

Eddie, I hope the beer venture works, but I'm not sure where you're going to squeeze it into the weekend. Friday's round robin as you know runs late, especially given the bigger circle this year, and Saturday will conclude with reservations at a nearby restaurant.

Less than two weeks now. Smile

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Eddie - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 12:02 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: Eternal, we've got perhaps two spots remaining, I'll echo Aaron's question, any particular hold-up?

Eddie, I hope the beer venture works, but I'm not sure where you're going to squeeze it into the weekend. Friday's round robin as you know runs late, especially given the bigger circle this year, and Saturday will conclude with reservations at a nearby restaurant.

Well, last year we had a 3-hour period in the middle of one of the days when we didn't have anything to do.Smile

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Steppingfeet - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 01:58 PM)Eddie Wrote: Well, last year we had a 3-hour period in the middle of one of the days when we didn't have anything to do.Smile

Ah, lunch break. I see you like to maximize the use of your time each day. BigSmile

Feel free of course to make an announcement before we break for lunch that a beer caravan shall be departing shortly after lunch.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Eddie - 08-20-2012

(08-20-2012, 05:08 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:
(08-20-2012, 01:58 PM)Eddie Wrote: Well, last year we had a 3-hour period in the middle of one of the days when we didn't have anything to do.Smile

Ah, lunch break. I see you like to maximize the use of your time each day. BigSmile

Feel free of course to make an announcement before we break for lunch that a beer caravan shall be departing shortly after lunch.

Sergio's has food, too....maybe we could do a lunch there.

Edited to add: I just called Sergio's....they don't open until 2PM; lunch won't work. We might have to go on Thursday evening (maybe I could add another day to my hotel stay)....Lana should be there, and you and Lynn are local....Huh

Edited again to add: Do you have a projected Homecoming schedule, yet, Gary? It would be handy for planning purposes.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Brittany - 08-20-2012

I think Thursday would be a LOT better. I like to spend that 3 hour break giving readings and socializing with people I don't get to see the rest of the year. I live right here in Louisville, but if you want to do anything on Thursday I will need to know as soon as possible. I will very likely be out late the night before, so anything early morning is out.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Eddie - 08-21-2012

Ankh, when are you coming in? Will be here by Thursday?

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Steppingfeet - 08-21-2012

(08-20-2012, 05:45 PM)Eddie Wrote: Sergio's has food, too....maybe we could do a lunch there.

Surely you must be making a suggestion for next year's event, because you couldn't possibly mean that we redesign Homecoming so that we cancel the home lunch that everyone has already paid for because it was built into the tuition, and instead have lunch off campus. Surely. : )

(08-20-2012, 05:45 PM)Eddie Wrote: Edited again to add: Do you have a projected Homecoming schedule, yet, Gary? It would be handy for planning purposes.

It will look pretty much like it did last year:
http://www.llresearch.org/homecomings/homecoming_2011/homecoming_2011_curriculum.pdf

It's problematic to create a curriculum in advance because it all depends on who is/who is not speaking. Fortunately all that information should be in as of today, so we can create the curriculum today or tomorrow. I'll send you an email when it's ready.

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Ankh - 08-21-2012

(08-21-2012, 08:57 AM)Eddie Wrote: Ankh, when are you coming in? Will be here by Thursday?

Hey Eddie, Aaron and I will be there at either late Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. On Wednesday evening/night it is zombie walk in Highlands. Are you interested? BigSmile

Are we planning to eat at Sergio's too, or only tasting awesome beers from all over the world?

RE: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There - Shemaya - 08-21-2012

Wish I could go,but Ihate to ditch my hubby and family on labor day weekend.

I did see 2 signs a couple of weeks ago that said " Louisville". It's a really long drive, and my dear partner in life would miss me a lot.

Have fun for me everyone!