Bring4th
Animal Guides - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Animal Guides (/showthread.php?tid=4862)

Pages: 1 2

Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-12-2012

I had just found out about a "mantis" that my daughter would see watching her at night. I felt alarm at hearing this, until I understood it was not a negative being. Eventually I found that it was simply an animal spirit guide.

Quote:TYPES OF ANIMAL GUIDES

Symbolic of the four sacred directions, four seasons, and the four colors of man, there are four basic types of animal guides.

Whether an animal spirit comes by dreams, signs and symbolic events, or actual events it is important to first determine if the guide is a Messenger Guide (Totem), Shadow Guide, Journey Guide or Life Guide.

The meaning and lessons an animal guide brings will differ according to the type of guide it may be. Learning to differentiate between the four types of totems is critical to knowing how to react and the actions you will take when an animal totem makes itself known to you. All guides are powerful.

A Messenger Guide quickly comes into your life and then leaves once a message is understood. The time a Message Guide stays in your psychic is relative to you seeing and accepting the message. The message itself can be spiritual in nature, or it can be a warning. The message may deal with a seemingly mundane aspect of your life or it may be a wake-up call for some important action you must make. Sometimes the animal messenger will come during an unusual event and make a powerful statement and others come on the wind as a whisper. A messenger guide can cause you delays or some unforeseen help in your life. They can be both negative and positive in nature for they are totally impartial.

A Shadow Animal Guide is one that invades you with fear. Its purpose it to teach a lesson you have not learned from repeated mistakes because of anger, avarice, greed, insecurity, or other negative thoughts. A Shadow Guide will return again and again bearing strong feelings of fear until its message is acted upon or a change in lifestyle or actions are incorporated into your life. The Shadow Guide is powerful. It can help you to overcome fear by bringing truth and turning fear into a helper animal guide or spirit animal guide. However, if ignored the Shadow Guide can become dangerous and its powers will have a negative affect on your life. The Shadow Guide lives in the spirit world and usually arrives during a time of testing.

A Journey Animal Guide appears at the fork in the road of your life. When a decision is made to follow a certain path in life, the Journey Guide is there to serve as a guide along the way. It represents a path that may take months or years to complete. It can be a friendly traveling companion if the path is right. If you become lost along the way, the Journey Guide is there help lead the way back. Unlike a Messenger Guide who comes and leaves quickly, the Journey Guide remains at your side until the current cycle in your life has changed. appears at the fork in the road of your life. When a decision is made to follow a certain path in life, the Journey Guide is there to serve as a guide along the way. It represents a path that may take months or years to complete. It can be a friendly traveling companion if the path is right. If you become lost along the way, the Journey Guide is there help lead the way back. Unlike a Messenger Guide who comes and leaves quickly, the Journey Guide remains at your side until the current cycle in your life has changed.

A Life Animal Guide is also called a Spirit Guide as it remains a part of you throughout life and reflects your inner-spiritual self. You may have more than one Life Guide and new ones may come during an expected time. Usually a Life Guide does not move away or disappear but remains an integral part of your life, however, there are instances when a particular Life Guide is no longer needed and is replaced with a new one. Its powers are always there for you and serve as a constant reminder of your inner powers and oneness with nature. If for example your Life Guide is Bear, you should be a person who is a solitary dweller, a seeker of knowledge and well grounded. A Life Guide will often call upon other animal guides found within its domain to assist in giving you special messages from time to time. http://www.manataka.org/page291.html

Quote:An Animal Totem is an important symbolic object used by a person to get in touch with specific qualities found within an animal which the person needs, connects with, or feels a deep affinity toward.

You can have several animal guides through out your life. Sometimes an animal guide will come into your life for a short period of time, and then be replaced by another depending on the journey or direction you are headed toward. Your guide will instruct and protect you as you learn how to navigate through your spiritual and physical life. When you find an animal that speaks strongly to you or feel you must draw more deeply into your life, you might fill your environment with images of the animal to let the animal know it's welcome in your space. Animalguides can help you get back to your Earthly roots, and reconnect with nature by reminding you that we are all interconnected. To first do this you need to know what your Animal Totem is. http://www.animaltotem.com/find-your-totem.html

Quote:Animal guides, also known as totems or power animals, have been gaining popularity in recent days. Perhaps the human animal has found an urge to return to nature or to find a connection with other living things we have been missing for the last century.

If we will trust our instincts and listen to these unique teachers we can find a connection with our spirit selves and other natural energies we have lost in a materialistic and physical environment we now surround ourselves with. http://www.softcom.net/users/hawgpig/animalguides.htm

Quote:Native Americans have long believed the search for true wisdom is aided by unseen forces that walk the earth with us. They believe animals not only have healing and inspirational powers, but they possess knowledge that humans have forgotten. Animal spirit guides can teach you many things, if you're attuned to their message.

Shamans also use the knowledge and energy of the animal kingdom to center themselves and perform healing rituals. Through meditation, they draw on the unique energy of the animals to strengthen their own. Each animal, from the sparrow to the trout to the tiniest insect, has its own strengths and specialties. Because of this, the shaman can draw upon specific animal powers for assistance in many situations. The rabbit deals well with fear, and demonstrates quick thinking, humility and creativity; while the cunning mountain lion flaunts his authority without ego. Even the common housefly sees the world in many different ways and is adaptable to new situations. http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2004/130.html

My most recent animal guide was a rabbit.

Quote:Rabbit/Hare's Wisdom Includes:

Guile
Paradox and contradiction
Living by one’s own wits
Receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages
Quick-thinking
Humility
Moving through fear
Strengthening intuition

"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it. If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

Saint Francis of Assisi
http://www.animalspirits.com/index2.html

http://www.paganspath.com/meta/anmlmed.htm

RE: Animal Guides - Diana - 05-12-2012

I have a great reference book called Animal Speak by Ted Andrews, with animal totem meanings. There is a chapter on the praying mantis, and the key phrase is: power of stillness.

I had a series of unusual animal greetings when I first moved onto my property, including a great-horned owl coming down my chimney. This prompted me to study the book.

The book says to pay attention especially when you get 3 visitations by the animal (or insect, or reptile).

I'm not surprised that a child would be aware of an animal guide; especially a child whose parents don't close them down to such things. Smile

RE: Animal Guides - Ruth - 05-12-2012

I have several - and one story I always hesitate to tell, and have hesitated here because it sounds so bizzare - even to me!

But here goes: between the ages of 6 and 11 we lived in a small town in Virginia. I've said before I was the oldest child and my Mom was very ill most of my life. We played outside as many hours a day as possible, and sometimes, just to be alone, I would go down to the creek and crawl into the storm drain and sit in a spot where two drains intersected under the street. If anyone had known this at the time I'd have had my butt spanked and maybe they would have covered those drains so kids couldn't get in there.

Anyway, I did that pretty frequently on hot summer days because it was cool and comforting down there. Once when sitting there, a little green garden snake crawled up into my lap. I just watched it for awhile, then I started talking to it. Pouring out my little girl secrets, telling it how beautiful it was, thanking it for visiting me. We became close friends that summer and the next (I can only assume it was the same snake). Sometimes the little snake would actually wind itself around my arm, if it was in my lap. A few times I carried the snake out of the pipe and kept it with me during the day.

I was never afraid of it, and although I had been warned many times to avoid the creek because there were water moccasins there, I never saw one. Just this beautiful little green snake. Eventually my brother saw me with it and I had to release it into the pipe to protect it, and never saw it again. :-(

Before we moved away from Oklahoma I saw a very beautiful blue snake. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a blue snake. But there it was - and it was quite beautiful, too.

Last year I was bit by a spider on my forehead. My Shaman friend says this is a sign that the "spider tribe" of animal spirits has accepted me as one of their own (I never kill spiders).

I also have a dog and a cat - two former pets - that are frequently just "there" in my spirit lab when I walk in.

Diana - Thanks for the reference. I'm going to check out the Animal Speak book. Sounds really amazing!

RE: Animal Guides - Unbound - 05-12-2012

Ted Andrews is a great author!

When my Mom was working with her first high priestess when she was getting in to wicca her high priestess came over one night and observed and told us the animal guides which were hanging around each of us.

For myself, there was a cougar (I ironically got chased by a cougar a few years later but was unharmed), a hawk (whom is quiet and doesn't connect with me much but I can tell is always watching), a wolf whom is part of my masculine spirit, wolves are something many males have as guides naturally. The last one we could actually identify at first, the name that came was "Mynx", but of course we discovered that's not the name of any type of cat. Said it kind of looked like a lynx, crossed with a manx, but it was when I came upon an image of Bastet in cat form that we realized that my guide is an essence of Bast. This blew open a whole slew of memories regarding life as an egyptian pharaoh (Akhenaten is the life I remember, and my ex even spontaneously channeled messages from Nefertiti to me) and I have always felt that Bast is a very close guardian to me who has been with me for many lives.
Oh, also I know the spirit of the bear is present with me, my nickname as a child was "baby bear", and I did an awakening of the bear ceremony this year. It has also been suggested to me recently that the Owl may be working with me as a totem animal, whereas the bear is more of a guide.

RE: Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-12-2012

(05-12-2012, 01:41 PM)Ruth Wrote: Last year I was bit by a spider on my forehead. My Shaman friend says this is a sign that the "spider tribe" of animal spirits has accepted me as one of their own (I never kill spiders).

I don't think I want to be accepted by them LoL!Tongue

RE: Animal Guides - Unbound - 05-12-2012

Oh! My Mom had one or two dreams that were amazing where she turned in to a bee and was flown with them to their hive, and there they danced and communicated. In the dream they told her that they were all friends and had made a pact to help eachother, and so now ever since then she's had a sort of bond with bees. Interestingly we have a lot of french in our family, and the Bee is a long-standing symbol of the french royalty. (The Fleur De Lis is a stylized bee) Our family was prominent during the French Revolution.

RE: Animal Guides - omcasey - 05-12-2012

Ruth,

Wow, snakes and spiders.. these are both indicative of the Kundalini.

I have many interactions with them in the inner realms, but not so much in physical reality. So interesting.
(I'm glad you shared)

RE: Animal Guides - Ruth - 05-12-2012

Well, I've also see a BIG bear hanging around me at times - actually, the bear showed up when I started having trouble with my "nasty" neighbor (I've posted about him in another thread - actually caught him AGAIN yesterday throwing weed killer into my the part of my yard that borders his property - sigh). Anyway, when things were especially awful between me & that neighbor, and just after I defined the property boundary with curshed selenite and sea salt, I started seeing this HUGE BEAR patrolling my property line when I was working in the garden. In times since, I've actually dreamed of the bear, of snuggling into his fur and having him lick my face. Awesome dream.

I have also either been a porpoise or had one allow me to ride along on a couple of swims. Honestly, I've never experienced anything quite so amazing. Still brings tears to my eyes recalling it.

And omcasey - I have long thought that I live with one foot in the inner realm and one out here. My Shaman friend told me that, too. In fact, it is one of the first things she ever said to me!

My favorite song when I was a teen was Bless the Beasts and the Children. I guess I have that true Virgo Mother Earth thingy going on.

RE: Animal Guides - Sagittarius - 05-12-2012

(05-12-2012, 01:41 PM)Ruth Wrote: I have several - and one story I always hesitate to tell, and have hesitated here because it sounds so bizzare - even to me!

But here goes: between the ages of 6 and 11 we lived in a small town in Virginia. I've said before I was the oldest child and my Mom was very ill most of my life. We played outside as many hours a day as possible, and sometimes, just to be alone, I would go down to the creek and crawl into the storm drain and sit in a spot where two drains intersected under the street. If anyone had known this at the time I'd have had my butt spanked and maybe they would have covered those drains so kids couldn't get in there.

Anyway, I did that pretty frequently on hot summer days because it was cool and comforting down there. Once when sitting there, a little green garden snake crawled up into my lap. I just watched it for awhile, then I started talking to it. Pouring out my little girl secrets, telling it how beautiful it was, thanking it for visiting me. We became close friends that summer and the next (I can only assume it was the same snake). Sometimes the little snake would actually wind itself around my arm, if it was in my lap. A few times I carried the snake out of the pipe and kept it with me during the day.

I was never afraid of it, and although I had been warned many times to avoid the creek because there were water moccasins there, I never saw one. Just this beautiful little green snake. Eventually my brother saw me with it and I had to release it into the pipe to protect it, and never saw it again. :-(

Before we moved away from Oklahoma I saw a very beautiful blue snake. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a blue snake. But there it was - and it was quite beautiful, too.

Last year I was bit by a spider on my forehead. My Shaman friend says this is a sign that the "spider tribe" of animal spirits has accepted me as one of their own (I never kill spiders).

I also have a dog and a cat - two former pets - that are frequently just "there" in my spirit lab when I walk in.

Diana - Thanks for the reference. I'm going to check out the Animal Speak book. Sounds really amazing!

You should move to Australia you would feel right at home with the spiders Smile. One day I woke up with a huntsmen spider drinking the saliva out of my mouth no joke they do it all the time.

Back on topic I assume my animal guide is a bird of some kind. I have a necklace inherited from my grandfather of a hawk or a falcon. A few times a large bird of prey what I assume was a wedgetail eagle has landed on the fence in my backyard. A very weird occurrence this close into they city as there is really no reason it should land in a backyard, on-top of that it is rare to even see them in Brisbane.

The last few times I have been to my sanctuary (a national park I frequent ) I have seen again a large bird of prey everytime. Crows are another bird that I always seam to notice during significant moments.

So yeh I'am a bird brain. Although I have always liked snakes as well. My nickname used to be Chris the snake because in kickboxing everyone always said I looked like a snake when I boxed. If birds evolved from reptiles perhaps that makes sense.

RE: Animal Guides - Observer - 05-12-2012

White tiger. Over and over and over again.
I have reason to believe that this animal was a Journey animal guide.
It came to me about a month before I found the Law of One, in my dreams. Leading me to a place that has been referred to as the manifestation of the beauty in my soul.
I had several dreams where this tiger would protect me and keep me safe. I also had a very deep friendship with this tiger and it was very apparent we had known each other for a very long time.
The dream I last saw it in took place about 6-7 months ago. Where it protected me against a horde of hostile creatures and led me to a cabin where I entered a rift in time/space and ended up in the area I previously described. It has not appeared since then. I believe it is because I have chosen the path, and I have been seeking ever since.

RE: Animal Guides - jacrob - 05-13-2012

It used to be spiders everywhere! Those huge bl00dy huntsmen coming in from the dark.....with no man in the house to get them out!!!!!!! Combined with crows, bats and dreams of snakes, I felt it mirrored my sadness at the time.

But now that I'm out of the dark I see Rainbow Lorikeets and squawking, white Cockatoos everywhere I go. Huge flocks of Cockatoos will fly above my head several times on my daily walks, and literally hundreds of Rainbow Lorikeets will visit during the day. Definitely a reflection of my current state of joy!!!!! Loving it!!!

[Image: nicole-duplaix-brightly-colored-lorikeet...branch.jpg]

I rarely see crows now at all...where have they all gone? I may see on per week instead of several per day.

RE: Animal Guides - Aureus - 05-13-2012

I'd have to say deer. One night I went for a walk and saw around 10 of them in total! Also Fieldfare's have been on my mind before, even though they are really common around here I've still gotten a feeling that I'm connected. Yesterday I saw one fight off a magpie in my garden :p

Although I can't recall any animals in dreams.

RE: Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-13-2012

Quote:Those who would listen, and I don’t mean with their ears, but with the receptive mind, those who’s hearts are open to the world and other species, are growing and changing. There are those who perhaps don’t even know why. At least they don’t know yet, but their empathy is coupled with a compassionate heart, and as they become more active our imbalance could be healed. Heal it, and heal the earth. We were not meant to disconnect from that consciousness. We have become like a secondary and antagonistic presence in the Gaia mind. This isn’t necessary.

Like a virus? Actually, not even that useful. Viruses are a part of the genetic pool, and an active evolutionary agent. My own genetic difference is considered an evolutionary defect in conventional thinking.

Our most readily available teachers for healing this are our animals. Communication with our beloved animal family members. We can teach them, but we have been doing it over much. We need more to remember, and reconnect to the world they live in. They are stress reducers for us for the same reason we sooth our own young, if we are psychically healthy enough to effectively sooth our young. They sense the psychic distress, and have a psychic as well as physical response. How many of you sense your pets staring at you? It doesn’t feel weird like human possessiveness does it?

She is reading me when she does that, maybe just to make sure all is well? Yes, your pet can and does, and sometimes even if they don’t approach you, you can you feel them send to you?

Like children also do? Yes, children can also, until we condition them out of it. We toughen our children, and tell them to “think”. They were thinking in our natural way, and could learn even our skills, but for some reason we as a culture believe they have to stop “imagining stuff” first, and animals bond readily with children for this reason. They share the same primal empathy.

It’s not about imagination, but about fears? Indeed, but the fears are created by adults, children just react to them.

Do you follow the belief that owners and pets begin looking and acting alike? I do. The basis of empathy is also the basis of psychic healing. It is known in some scientific circles as the morpho-genetic field. In others, it’s just called the aura. It serves as the psychic framework for the organic body, and it is mutable.

Maybe people pick out pets that look like themselves without even knowing? They do that also, and pick out pets that synchronize with their temperament/psychic energy pattern. Which also would mean similar phenotype (basic body shape), because biology works the same across species.

Oh no, I have a old hound dog. What does that say? They are not literally synonymous, but just sympathetically linked. I would ask, do you prefer the simple life? Yes, for sure. Then is the connection not obvious?

Do you think if my dog was reunited with her litter mates she would recognise that? I think it’s possible. But animals psychically mature also, and you would discover it’s true with your other pets just as easily, though it might not feel the same.

Our animals don’t get enough respect. I agree, they don’t, and they are more aware than people think they are.

Your thoughts are welcome. Be well friends.

Travis Saunders
Dragon Intuitive
~science,mysticism,spirituality~
http://dragonintuitive.com/spirituality/psychic/animal-guides/

RE: Animal Guides - Brittany - 05-13-2012

I have always had a great affinity for reptiles, and see the snake as one of my lifelong guides. Dragon energy has always been present with me as well.

When I was a child I had an imaginary turtle, a snake and a dog that I talked to and shared everything with. They were my best friends. I in fact had a whole imaginary land in my head called "Soffa Land", that was full of talking animals, and I went there quite often.

The raven is my shadow totem. For a good while I was terrified of large black birds for no apparent reason, then I eventually learned the messages they were meant to give me.

The hawk seems to be my latest companion. I've been seeing them at pointed moments quite a lot lately.

RE: Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-13-2012

Hawk and rabbit are what I constantly see. And buzzards LoL! I did not connect what I am surrounded with as being connected to guides.

Quote:Hawk's Wisdom Includes:

Clear-sightedness
Being observant
Far-memory
Messages from spirit
Guardianship
Recalling past lives
Courage
Wisdom
Illumination
Seeing the larger picture
Creativity
Truth
Experience
Wise use of opportunities
Overcoming problems

Quote:Vulture/Buzzard/Condor's Wisdom Includes:

Death and rebirth
Prophecy
Love of the Mother goddess
Knowledge concerning the death of a loved one
New vision
Purification

"You may have a fresh start
any moment you choose,
for this thing we call failure
is not the falling down,
but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

RE: Animal Guides - Observer - 05-13-2012

I have found many sources of info on tiger totems, but never white tiger.
Pickle have you found anything relevant to white tigers?

RE: Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-14-2012

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art19783.asp
http://www.experienceproject.com/dream-dictionary/white-tiger-dreams

http://www.crystalinks.com/satoko.html

Quote:Tiger's Wisdom Includes:

Power

Energy
Strength and will-power in the face of adversity
Acting in a timely manner
Action without analysis

RE: Animal Guides - Observer - 05-14-2012

Interesting indeed. I have come to a conclusion on why the tiger chose me and I am very glad it did.

RE: Animal Guides - Ruth - 05-14-2012

(05-14-2012, 10:30 AM)Observer Wrote: Interesting indeed. I have come to a conclusion on why the tiger chose me and I am very glad it did.

That makes me smile.

RE: Animal Guides - BrownEye - 05-18-2012

I am surrounded by moths currently. When checking, this may be what I have to look forward to.

Moth's Wisdom Includes:

The power of the whirlwind
Ease of movement in darkness/shadow
Transformation
Ability to confuse enemies
Ability to find light in darkness

RE: Animal Guides - Ruth - 05-18-2012

I have blackbirds in my backyard this spring. Have never had them out there before. And they come sit on the grass around the garden when I am working out there. Some are regular blackbirds, some are the red winged blackbirds. Interestingly, I had red winged blackbirds one day - only one day - when I lived in Texas. Had never seen them before and never saw them after that spring.

I was talking to my next door neighbor yesterday about our yukky neighbor and I told her I was trying to send him Creator's love, no matter how yukky he was. She suddenly gasped and told me that two little bright yellow birds had flown up and sat in the tree branch right above my head, then flew away (she is not at all interested in metaphysics). Don't know what it means. but I took it as a sign that sending love means I'm on the right track.

RE: Animal Guides - ChickenInSpace - 05-16-2013

(05-12-2012, 01:41 PM)Ruth Wrote: I have several - and one story I always hesitate to tell, and have hesitated here because it sounds so bizzare - even to me!

About spiders. I've had quite a few around me and just a week or two back a spider dangled off my bang and down in front of my face. Thought it was a speck of dirt first and plucked it away, luckily (?) catching it by the thread, as I realize it was a spider.

This happens to me every now and then. Spiders also tend to run across me or sit in my vicinity.

I've also wondered about totem animals in general in regard to LOO as to mechanics?

RE: Animal Guides - Spaced - 05-16-2013

I've always felt a connection to ravens and I see them pretty often when I am out and about. That site linked in the OP has some interesting stuff to say about Ravens. I especially like the bit about 'Connection to the Crone' because I have had dreams about an old crone type lady who has raven friends before Smile.

Quote:Raven's Wisdom Includes:

Rebirth without fear
Ability to tear down what needs to be rebuilt
Renewal
Ability to find light in darkness
Courage of self-reflection
Introspection
Comfort with self
Honoring ancestors
Connection to the Crone
Divination
Change in consciousness
New occurrences
Eloquence

I also sometimes see hawks but recently I spotted two huge golden eagles that swooped over my car one after the other while I was driving. I saw them again a week later and it made me decide to hang up an old painting of an eagle that was collecting dust in my closet BigSmile.

Quote:Golden Eagle's Wisdom Includes:

Illumination
Understands the cycles of the Sun
All aspects of clear vision
The Solar Bird
Spiritual power
Sees from the highest places
Courage
Strength

I've also always loved cats and my favourite type of cat has always been the Jaguar, though I have never seen one outside of captivity naturally since I am a bit far out of their habitat Smile.

Quote:Jaguar's Wisdom Includes:

Seeing the roads within chaos
Understanding the patterns of chaos
Moving without fear in the darkness
Facilitating soul work
Empowering oneself
Moving in unknown places
Shapeshifter
Psychic sight

RE: Animal Guides - vervex - 05-16-2013

Very interesting thread, it's fascinating to read how many people experience animal guides! Personally, I started opening myself up to my own animal guides when I began meditating on a regular basis, back in 2012 (now saying that I realize that although I meditate for a short period daily, I'm due for some quality and proper meditation soon). By connecting with my spirituality, I not only connected with my animal guides, but I also realized some of them had appeared in my life before I was even aware of them on a conscious level. Since I live in the city, it is hard to catch a glimpse of wild animals, however they did appear in an unexpected manner; in my art and creative inspiration! I was left with a sense of awe when I connected the dots and when they came to me in several lucid dreams and night dreams.

My main guide is the golden eagle, strong and free, but there is also the elk which is very present and carries the essence of compassion, gratitude, nature as well as an open heart. I've also met several others: the fox, the humming bird, the tiger (that one was a surprise for me!), the bear and the orca. In life as in dreams, I also have a certain reverence for crows which sometimes show up as clever messengers, and travellers to the shadow world. In self-healing, I interact with butterflies, pouring out of a wound or dark spot; they represent for me transformed energy, and they fly back to the original light source.

I find animals to be a very beautiful and efficient form for spirit to take, as I feel it is intimately connected to mother earth. It feels grounding.

RE: Animal Guides - Sagittarius - 05-16-2013

Had an interesting experience in America, got a psychic reading and aura photo done in Sedona Arizona and two animals appeared in my aura. Both where quite clearly there in the picture with the outlines creating a perfect picture anyone could pick up. The psychic said she has never seen animals represented so clearly and an aura before. A bear and a beaver. Both represent big changes in my life and also the qualities I'am really concentrating on this year especially the beaver.

Snakes seam to be popping up in my dreams again quite regularly. I had one dream a few weeks ago of a giant snake in my room, it was so real I woke up and ran out of my room because I thought I was still dreaming. Went to the toilet and scoped my room before finally realising I was awake. Had a dream last night of me trying to avoid being bitten by a fast snake then I got tired of dodging it and let it bite me.

RE: Animal Guides - Plenum - 05-17-2013

(05-16-2013, 09:51 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: Had an interesting experience in America, got a psychic reading and aura photo done in Sedona Arizona and two animals appeared in my aura. Both where quite clearly there in the picture with the outlines creating a perfect picture anyone could pick up. The psychic said she has never seen animals represented so clearly and an aura before. A bear and a beaver. Both represent big changes in my life and also the qualities I'am really concentrating on this year especially the beaver.

you definitely seem 'different' since you came back bro.

'high energies' and what not.

its palpable Smile

RE: Animal Guides - ChickenInSpace - 05-17-2013

Are there any sites or books with extensive information about animal guides?

RE: Animal Guides - Jade - 07-18-2013

Ah I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, and I take it as no coincidence that Browneye was the OP. Tongue

After he did my chakra cleansing this afternoon, I went into a brief, deep meditation, but was jolted back out of it. As I was groggily coming to, my husband got startled from the other room, almost terrified. A GIANT wasp had flown into the window! It was 3-4 times the size of any wasp I've ever seen - after a bit of googling it appears it was likely a queen - I can't say I look forward to her rehoming herself here, even though I try to let all animals know they are welcome! She spent about 45 seconds trying to get into the house through the window I was at, and then flew off. It was startling just because she was so huge.

I have many, many animals guides, I'm not sure where to start. Soon after awakening I had a golden eagle come visit me (Spaced!) during a rainstorm and sat perched in a tree on the back line of my property. It was right before the leaves had grown in so his silloutte was stunning. He stayed there for an hour or two. Many birds flocked to the same tree and the nearest tree, almost a steady stream of more birds choosing those trees as refuge during the break in the rain.

I had a dream about a black cockatoo (like this but grayer and pink too) and the next morning I had a fledgling robin giving distress calls on my front stoop. At first I tried to ignore what I knew was going on, but finally I peeked out the window and saw it. When I went to the front door get a better look, it caught a glimpse of me and I startled it enough to take off - he flew far and high! After that robins have been constant companions. He returned the next day and I saw him out the window, and he bedded down against my garden fence for a few hours while I watched him. I mentioned my pet ducklings that I used to have to my husband and immediately started pruning his breast like a duck.

Two of them nested on my neighbor's back deck lights on the side of his house facing ours, our garden I'm sure being a very good food source. There were at least two hatchlings and one day a crow caught my eye, who got extremely close to the nest (snatching close!). The hubs went out with the dog and the crow was immediately spooked and it and its partner in crime retreated. A few days later I was watching for animals out the window and I got to see one of the fledgling's first flights - it flitted around the backyard doing somersaults like a Disney cartoon. Once it finally tired itself out, dad led it to rest on our privacy fence, nestled under some tree boughs- in a tiny little space just perfectly visible by my seat near the window. For most of the day, all I would have to do is reach out and lift my lace curtain to be able to check on him.

Most recently there's been a striking robin who is very light/gray as opposed to dark gray/black - she's very distinguished from the other robins. Also, since the nesting pair moved on, it's been a pair of cardinals, who are such a delight. They love singing with us. The female visited me in a dream, where she was perched inside a house during a big family gathering for a holiday, and the next morning my husband was singing with her and she let him come exceedingly close as he walked the perimeter of the yard before mowing (to check for baby animals, of course)

Two bunny mothers (that we know about...) have nested in our yard for this breeding cycle. One we've known about, in the middle of the front yard, but just a few days ago stumbled upon the second mother bunny and startled her away, leaving a tiny little baby bunny exposed - she had dug a hole underneath a giant porcelain frog that resides in our front flower box. They should emerge at just the right time to start getting into my garden haha. I have a tattoo of two rabbits in a yin/yang pattern. I was also born on Easter, so I've always been extra fond of bunnies. Tongue

There is also a squirrel family that lives in "my tree". One afternoon my husband and I were lucky enough to catch them waking from a nap, sauntering down the tree to stretch, and then lock in the most serene, loving, and beautiful embrace I'd ever seen between two beings of any species. It brought tears to both our eyes.

Anyway, these are my most recent animal visitors. We also get many house sparrows and starlings. I recently saw the sparrows engaging in the most fae dance, a father teaching its two fledglings how to pull a seeded dandelion to the ground and hold it there, to pick the seeds off. They flitted around the dandelion for 20 minutes, pulling it down, losing their grip and having to regrasp the flower. Delightful.

Birds are obviously strong to me too, I have a tattoo of 3 phoenix feathers, as well as a sandhill crane. The animal I truly have the strongest pull towards however, is horses. I've not got to spend much time with them in this life and it breaks my heart if I dwell on it for longer than a moment.

RE: Animal Guides - reeay - 07-19-2013

last night I was just letting my imagination flow and images would appear and one was a wasp trying get into my home thru the window

wasp-up with the coincidence lol

RE: Animal Guides - Jade - 07-19-2013

I read about the symbolism, one thing that resonated with me is that wasps are considered the bearers of sacred geometry, since they create their homes in symmetrical hexagons.

Very interesting, indeed.