Bring4th
'All those who wander are not lost' - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 'All those who wander are not lost' (/showthread.php?tid=4998)

'All those who wander are not lost' - 111 - 06-06-2012

"All that is Gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are Lost; The Old that is Strong does not wither, Deep Roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a Fire shall be Woken, A Light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken, The crownless again Shall Be King"
-J.R.R Tolkien 'The Fellowship of the Ring'[/i][/size][/align]

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Plenum - 06-08-2012

I was lost until I realised I was a Wanderer.

greatest piece of self-knowledge I have ever gained Smile

- -

anyone else think that 'Middle-Earth' once existed in time, and that Tolkien was writing a channeled history?

the details seem astonishingly exact.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Aureus - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 08:27 AM)plenum Wrote: anyone else think that 'Middle-Earth' once existed in time, and that Tolkien was writing a channeled history?

I re-watched the movies quite recently, I was amazed how differently I thought of it.

The ring could be a symbol for the secret to gnosis. He who has all knowledge has all power. And the other rings were only illusions compared to the truth. At least some kind of technology of great power -passed down from higher beings.

I think of the elves as 4-5D, being immortal, perfect and wise.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - TheFifty9Sound - 06-08-2012

I was thinking about this the other day. I think the ring represents the burden of desire.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Daydreamin - 06-08-2012

These days I feel more as if I am a 'Watcher' that 'Wanders'.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Parsons - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 08:27 AM)plenum Wrote: I was lost until I realised I was a Wanderer.

greatest piece of self-knowledge I have ever gained Smile

- -

anyone else think that 'Middle-Earth' once existed in time, and that Tolkien was writing a channeled history?

Along these same lines, I wonder if the game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is actually set in our past. It appears to be in an ice age, features mammoths and sabertooths, and has strong auroras(weak magnetic field). It has a single moon that looks like ours. Also features the various races in LotR plus the kajit (cat people) and reptile people.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Conifer16 - 06-08-2012

I've always thought TLoTR might have been real
But I could need find anyone willing to discuss it seriously
Whenever someone has suggested it online, a lot of the
Tolkien fans bash him/her and swear that Tolkien was
Writing fantasy and that even he himself said so.
And that it was utter stupidity to believe otherwise.

Need=never

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - AnthroHeart - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 09:18 AM)Wander Wrote: I think of the elves as 4-5D, being immortal, perfect and wise.

An astute observation. They are also very fair and beautiful in appearance.
(06-08-2012, 09:25 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: I was thinking about this the other day. I think the ring represents the burden of desire.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

I agree with you now that desire is a burden. And to think that months ago I was striving to intensify my desires. This really led me in a bad direction. But I learned from it.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Patrick - 06-08-2012

There are no bad directions. Ra stated that intensifying your desires (in mental configurations) is a good thing IF you complete the exercise with balancing these desires with their opposites. Smile

(06-08-2012, 03:14 PM)Patrick Wrote: There are no bad directions. Ra stated that intensifying your desires (in mental configurations) is a good thing IF you complete the exercise with balancing these desires with their opposites. Smile

Ooh, and I did that. Went through hell, but I did encounter and balance out their opposites. They came at me automatically so I really had no choice. Pushed it all the way to a mental black hole, as far as I could go and maintain my sanity. I can tell you now that I don't have near the same desire that I used to for things.

Desires were all mental configurations. Nothing I acted on outside of myself.

Patrick, you're like a one-man answering machine with your wisdom. I appreciate the help man. Truly I do.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Patrick - 06-08-2012

Thank you my friend. This is much better use of my time than the "work" I'm supposed to be doing. Wink

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - 111 - 06-08-2012

Personally, I believe that any fantasy we have created and manifested into story, anything we can see in our minds eye, has and is happening somewhere in some place. In some dimension or reality or another. And I believe that Tolkien knew he had not just dreamed up a fantasy world, he helped create the endless possibiliteis of an entire universe. Middle Earth may have a completly diffrent set of stars in its sky and so the oppurtunity is infinite...

I also see the Fellowship as representig all Levels of coinsiousness, from the Hobbit (concerned mortal/human) through the higher vibration wanderers/ E.Ts (The elves and gandolf the grey/white) Representing our collective struggle from the ones who want to steal all power and demand worship/praise from others. The ring represnting all things material that we use to subsitiute the true power that lies within. Manifested to increase power and amplify the will of the user. We have a lot of this in our lives today. But the quest could not of been completed or even nescessary without the use or exsistance of this material. The bond that was created in the world from the defeat of the evil, destroying the watchful eye of the wicked and releasing the people of the world from its misery, could not have happend without this unique journey...

The enlightenment of a few, tralated into the enlightenment of the many... A tale as old as our perception of time itself Lol AdonaiNamaste11:11

Not to mention, the human triumph and return to the Throne!!! The Humans in the movie represent a special class of those whose heart and spirit were right for the rolls they would play. And eventually with help from the spirit real were able to return the power and order to Humanity and all other species...

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Infinite Unity - 01-17-2019

Gandalf is what I would label a wanderer. He is from a group of beings called the maia, and theres even a group of beings above them. Sauron actually was a general to another being at first as well, who was actually a maia as well Morgana.

The Middle Earth series is really just the very tippy top of the entire iceberg of that story. His story is quite interesting. Worth checking out.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Minyatur - 01-17-2019

(01-17-2019, 12:42 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Gandalf is what I would label a wanderer. He is from a group of beings called the maia, and theres even a group of beings above them. Sauron actually was a general to another being at first as well, who was actually a maia as well Morgana.

The Middle Earth series is really just the very tippy top of the entire iceberg of that story. His story is quite interesting. Worth checking out.

Morgana was a Maïa under Manwë like Sauron before he switched camp to Morgoth/Melkor?
Name tells me nothing.

Gandalf true name is Olòrin. Most of middle-earth knew him as Mithrandir afterwards.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Anodyne - 01-18-2019

Hmm. I need to resume my reading of the Sylmarillion.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Infinite Unity - 01-18-2019

(01-17-2019, 05:17 PM)Minyatur Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 12:42 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: Gandalf is what I would label a wanderer. He is from a group of beings called the maia, and theres even a group of beings above them. Sauron actually was a general to another being at first as well, who was actually a maia as well Morgana.

Morgana was a Maïa under Manwë like Sauron before he switched camp to Morgoth/Melkor?
Name tells me nothing.

Gandalf true name is Olòrin. Most of middle-earth knew him as Mithrandir afterwards.

Honestly it's been awhile since I read the middle earth chronicles. I believe Gandalf is a maia, and there is a level of beings beyond the maia. I know that saurons original master was the first born, and stands among the beings above the maia.
There was a great war between the beings above the maia and the first born.

Whilst the creator sung the world into being, the first born was corrupt yet the creator allowed it in his creation as he saw it as an acceptable alteration. He saw it as an improvement.

Also Gandalf was originally be the leader of the wizards, and he refused and initially did not want to come stating that he felt to weak to defeat sauron. The beings above the maia insisted thats why he must come. Gandalf is the wisest and strongest of all the maia.

Also I am not doing the story any justice, I recommend reading The Middle Earth Chronicles. Obviously Tolkien was onto something.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Minyatur - 01-18-2019

(01-18-2019, 01:33 AM)Infinite Unity Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 05:17 PM)Minyatur Wrote:

Name tells me nothing.

Honestly it's been awhile since I read the middle earth chronicles. I believe Gandalf is a maia, and there is a level of beings beyond the maia. I know that saurons original master was the first born, and stands among the beings above the maia.
There was a great war between the beings above the maia and the first born.

Whilst the creator sung the world into being, the first born was corrupt yet the creator allowed it in his creation as he saw it as an acceptable alteration. He saw it as an improvement.

Also Gandalf was originally be the leader of the wizards, and he refused and initially did not want to come stating that he felt to weak to defeat sauron. The beings above the maia insisted thats why he must come. Gandalf is the wisest and strongest of all the maia.

Also I am not doing the story any justice, I recommend reading The Middle Earth Chronicles. Obviously Tolkien was onto something.

Read some, the beings above are called Valars and the one that made them was Eru Iluvatar. Eru Iluvatar is also the assblood that opened the sea to drown Numeror, which Elros Tar-Minyatur had founded, at the end of the second age because his descendants were revolting against the Valars, a few more noble ones were transported to Middle-Earth and created the first human kingdoms.

Elros Tar-Minyatur is Elrond's brother, both are half-elves, but he chose to be mortal rather than immortal unlike his brother we still see in LOTR. Aragorn is his descendant. Discovering about wanderers, I kinda appreciated this character even more, one who chose mortality rather than immortality.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - Tae - 01-21-2019

I was 13 when I read the Lord of the Rings and that poem immediately gripped me, speaking to something in my bones. It inspired me so much I wrote my first story, about a powerful magical leader of a rebellion against the "shadow" whose soul was placed in a human on Earth to protect her after a crippling defeat/setback in their cause. I identified her specifically as a wanderer and the ongoing story was about the rediscovery of these soul connections between the two protagonists who were both seeded, but from opposing sides. At that point in time I was not a great writer. Maybe now I could revisit it and make it good; I can make it SOUND like it COULD be good (plot twist: it wasn't–the protagonists were self inserts of me and my best friend, and our siblings were the antagonists. Double twist: maybe every single one of us is actually a wanderer in real life I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED)

It chills me a little to think just how much of my life I have identified with being a wanderer specifically here for the purpose of helping, long before having an association with the word.

I can still vividly remember the first time I encountered that poem. I marked it in the book, wrote it out, tried to memorize it; for some reason it seemed to explain everything about me that didn't fit.

I do appreciate the grandiose and thought in Tolkien's worldbuilding, it's overall been something very inspiring for me and I don't think my life would at all be what it is today without it. I mean, down to what I do for a living. Literally. It's strange to think how much of an impact one book series could have, but it launched me into something special indeed.

RE: 'All those who wander are not lost' - AnthroHeart - 01-21-2019

I knew nothing about spirituality until the Secret came out. I just studied hypnosis.
Though I did know about crystals a little, that they were useful, but nothing about chakras.
I even questioned the existence of aliens, and as a child they did not interest me.
Let alone higher dimensions.