Bring4th
Love as a function of Acceptance - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Love as a function of Acceptance (/showthread.php?tid=5428)

Pages: 1 2 3

Love as a function of Acceptance - zenmaster - 08-26-2012

The following 23 posts have been split from the thread 4 months to go.

(08-26-2012, 01:30 PM)Spaced Wrote: I felt a distinct change in the way I experience life when I realized that in any moment I can simply choose Love. Fear becomes obsolete because Love always trumps it.
Love does not really trump fear, it's the foundation that was there all along - repressed by the distortions which give rise to fear. To abide in 'love' one must have acceptance. The fear was just exposing a rejected part of self which shall will remain, indefinitely, unless and until sufficiently accepted. This is regardless of an ability to circumstantially feel 'love' as a matter of convenience.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - βαθμιαίος - 08-26-2012

You distinguish between love and acceptance?

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - zenmaster - 08-26-2012

(08-26-2012, 04:07 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: You distinguish between love and acceptance?
yes, the activity called 'loving' is not allowed without acceptance.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - βαθμιαίος - 08-27-2012

Isn't choosing to seek the love in the moment an act of acceptance?

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - zenmaster - 08-27-2012

(08-27-2012, 08:26 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: Isn't choosing to seek the love in the moment an act of acceptance?
If you have to search for it then I'd say there was lack of acceptance on whatever is being sought in that circumstance. This also makes the 'love' circumstantial and framed according to what may or may not have already been accepted. It's a way to make use of catalyst to appreciate and to acknowledge what we have.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Spaced - 08-27-2012

Hmm, I always lump love and acceptance together, but I can see the logic in your description zenmaster.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - βαθμιαίος - 08-27-2012

(08-27-2012, 09:25 AM)zenmaster Wrote: If you have to search for it then I'd say there was lack of acceptance on whatever is being sought in that circumstance. This also makes the 'love' circumstantial and framed according to what may or may not have already been accepted. It's a way to make use of catalyst to appreciate and to acknowledge what we have.

Hmm, I'm curious if you've tried it.

When I seek the love in the moment, it's not because I "have to search for it" but because I choose to. To me, it's a way to accept the moment (and myself, the other(s) involved, and the catalyst being presented) as fully as possible.

Ra says that it's "the most nearly centered and useable" exercise within our illusion; a central act of will that forms the cornerstone of the rest of the life experience. For me, that's been true.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - zenmaster - 08-27-2012

(08-27-2012, 10:39 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 09:25 AM)zenmaster Wrote: If you have to search for it then I'd say there was lack of acceptance on whatever is being sought in that circumstance. This also makes the 'love' circumstantial and framed according to what may or may not have already been accepted. It's a way to make use of catalyst to appreciate and to acknowledge what we have.

Hmm, I'm curious if you've tried it.

When I seek the love in the moment, it's not because I "have to search for it" but because I choose to. To me, it's a way to accept the moment (and myself, the other(s) involved, and the catalyst being presented) as fully as possible.

Ra says that it's "the most nearly centered and useable" exercise within our illusion; a central act of will that forms the cornerstone of the rest of the life experience. For me, that's been true.
If you see the progression of this discussion we just moved from ability to love as a function of acceptance to a chosen developmental exercise. Apples and oranges.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - βαθμιαίος - 08-28-2012

(08-27-2012, 09:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: If you see the progression of this discussion we just moved from ability to love as a function of acceptance to a chosen developmental exercise. Apples and oranges.

Not really. The discussion started with a statement about the benefits of choosing love in the moment.

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - zenmaster - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 08:46 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 09:50 PM)zenmaster Wrote: If you see the progression of this discussion we just moved from ability to love as a function of acceptance to a chosen developmental exercise. Apples and oranges.

Not really. The discussion started with a statement about the benefits of choosing love in the moment.
It's actually very simple. Love is 'what is'. The expression of that love is more and more allowed as distortion are removed. Distortions can not be removed without acceptance. 'love in the moment' is an exercise where one, having recognized an opportunity but still not having sufficient acceptance to fully appreciate or express without that willed condition on that circumstance, opens up to allow it as a new experience.
This provides contrast on that which has not been accepted which highlights that which may need balance, reminds the individual once again that the choice is available, and of course temporarily accommodates the raise in vibration.

Again, of course, the acceptance was primary regardless of one choosing to will a new condition, circumstantially. The result of the exercise, may be an increase in acceptance if what was highlighted was acknowledged or recognized.

I don't get why you think seeking the love in the moment implies a lack of acceptance. True, it can be a response to a perceived difficult circumstance, but it can also be done apropos of nothing. Consider: the entity is aware of itself. It is aware that it can choose its focus. It decides to focus on the love in the moment. Où est le problème?

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Patrick - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 12:48 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: I don't get why you think seeking the love in the moment implies a lack of acceptance...

That's not what I understood in what he said. What makes you say that ?

(08-28-2012, 12:58 PM)Patrick Wrote: That's not what I understood in what he said. What makes you say that ?

From this:

(08-28-2012, 09:03 AM)zenmaster Wrote: 'love in the moment' is an exercise where one, having recognized an opportunity but still not having sufficient acceptance to fully appreciate or express without that willed condition on that circumstance, opens up to allow it as a new experience.

Am I misreading?

(08-28-2012, 01:01 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 12:58 PM)Patrick Wrote: That's not what I understood in what he said. What makes you say that ?

From this:

(08-28-2012, 09:03 AM)zenmaster Wrote: 'love in the moment' is an exercise where one, having recognized an opportunity but still not having sufficient acceptance to fully appreciate or express without that willed condition on that circumstance, opens up to allow it as a new experience.

Am I misreading?

To me this means that if you are not perfectly balanced in the face of a situation, you will use this situation as a catalyst to balance your self and get closer to acceptance of said situation. Like Ra said, as long as you react to a situation, you are still working with that catalyst.

True, but I'm trying to say that it's possible to seek the love in the moment just because we want to and not as a reaction to a situation. It can be an action, not just a reaction.

(08-28-2012, 01:16 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: True, but I'm trying to say that it's possible to seek the love in the moment just because we want to and not as a reaction to a situation. It can be an action, not just a reaction.

I do believe that I understand what you mean now. An action or a reaction is motivated. Your motive is seeking the love in the moment (which is excellent imho). So even if this would mean imperfect acceptance, it's all good and part of the game. Once in perfect acceptance of all there is, you find your self graduating from 7d. Smile

Acceptance is a condition of being. It is also part of an action where, from that prior foundation of
acceptance, we bring it to bear on a matter in order to more fully appreciate our experience. With sufficient acceptance, the appreciation is commonplace and that exercise unwarranted as such.

Hmm. Unwarranted: Having no justification; groundless.

Maybe the problem is the word "seek." It seems that you understand "seek" to imply a lack. In this context, I think of it more in the sense of "notice" or "observe" or "appreciate."

Noticing or appreciating the love in the moment is not unwarranted. "Balance is not indifference but rather the observer not blinded by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love."

Unwarranted in the sense of relatively lacking catalytic potential due to prior foundation of acceptance.

How about unwarranted unnecessary? But then, what isn't? "This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things."

Unnecessary works also. The idea being there is no reason for the action with the condition of acceptance. Eventually the peeks at ourselves we may gleen from exercises become part of general consciousness (without the numinous charge).

"...until finally, all catalyst is chosen, generated, and manufactured by the self, for the self."

RE: 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - AnthroHeart - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 03:11 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: "...until finally, all catalyst is chosen, generated, and manufactured by the self, for the self."

Thanks for posting that. Before, I hadn't known for sure.

But I just thought that maybe at one point we pick our own catalyst. I'm seeing a lot of things around me that resonate or reflect my state of being. I'm close to my pet, and at work they had a display about those who love their pets.

And more, as I clear and balance, I find reality around me reflecting more of who I am. It's happening at a steady pace, but it's happening. I think I'm beginning to generate my own catalyst.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - Bring4th_Austin - 08-28-2012

Zen, would this be an accurate example of the point you are trying to make?

Using the attack scenario:
Quote:Questioner: Would a perfectly balanced entity feel any emotional response in being attacked by the other-self?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The response is love.

In this case, the perfectly balanced entity did not have to search for love in the situation, rather it was an automatic response. For that particular individual to seek and acknowledge that love would be placing emphasis on the circumstance, creating a contrast between love in that moment and love in any other moment.

When acceptance is consistent and complete, there is no emphasis between the love in different moments, and it is not necessary to seek or acknowledge it. The exercise, as well as 3D catalyst, is no longer useful. When everything in every moment is accepted, there is nothing to recognize outside of love, so seeking love would be redundant.

(08-28-2012, 03:11 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: "...until finally, all catalyst is chosen, generated, and manufactured by the self, for the self."
Yes, that is another aspect of the evolutionary process. Really, the 'training wheels' here is the planetary mind which provides opportunities to learn about self until one may individuate sufficiently. At which point, during this last cycle of harvest, the planetary mind changes its support framework from yellow to green.
(08-28-2012, 06:23 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Zen, would this be an accurate example of the point you are trying to make?

Using the attack scenario:
Quote:Questioner: Would a perfectly balanced entity feel any emotional response in being attacked by the other-self?

In this case, the perfectly balanced entity did not have to search for love in the situation, rather it was an automatic response. For that particular individual to seek and acknowledge that love would be placing emphasis on the circumstance, creating a contrast between love in that moment and love in any other moment.
Yes, the lack of distortion provides for the expression of love.

(08-28-2012, 06:23 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: When acceptance is consistent and complete, there is no emphasis between the love in different moments, and it is not necessary to seek or acknowledge it. The exercise, as well as 3D catalyst, is no longer useful. When everything in every moment is accepted, there is nothing to recognize outside of love, so seeking love would be redundant.
Love is 'what is'. If there is no distortion (full acceptance/complete balance), there is nothing unlit. Incidentally, Ra refers to the logos as love - so in the developmental sense, it's something to think about considering we ourselves are a type of logos sharing and experiencing the influential effects of our very being, and thoughts and actions.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - JustLikeYou - 08-28-2012

The fact that the Logos is also Love explains, by the way, the common spiritual teaching that you are already enlightened and that there is no need to seek it.

You can only seek what you do not have, but since you are all, your seeking must mean that you do not realize that you already have it. Hence, in finding, you always find what was already there. Enlightenment is really just a joke, but you think it's totally serious until you get there.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - βαθμιαίος - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 06:23 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Using the attack scenario:

Great quote. It seems a lot like the quote that started us off. Wink ("I realized that in any moment I can simply choose Love.")

(08-28-2012, 08:25 PM)zenmaster Wrote: Incidentally, Ra refers to the logos as love - so in the developmental sense, it's something to think about considering we ourselves are a type of logos sharing and experiencing the influential effects of our very being, and thoughts and actions.

Good point. It's interesting to think about choosing love in the second distortion sense, ie choosing to be Logos-like.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - Bring4th_Austin - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 10:09 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 06:23 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Using the attack scenario:

Great quote. It seems a lot like the quote that started us off. Wink ("I realized that in any moment I can simply choose Love.")

What I perceive the difference between Ra's "perfectly balanced entity" and an entity "choosing love" would be that there was no choice made in the response of love. It was an automatic expression sprung from the already-found acceptance within the balanced entity.

Carla, with her Christian roots, sometimes references the quote "not my will, but thine." I believe choosing love would be an expression of "my will," which is still virtuous and is included in the path to acceptance. However, if one is a perfectly balanced entity "waiting for the hand of the Creator to pluck harmony" (thine will), that harmony is not a result of choice but rather a result of being.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - βαθμιαίος - 08-29-2012

The perfectly balanced entity also has free will. It could choose to respond to a situation with something other than love.

The way I see it, in third density the choice is made not once for all time but moment by moment. Each moment we choose anew.

RE: Love as a function of Acceptance - Patrick - 08-29-2012

(08-28-2012, 09:57 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: The fact that the Logos is also Love explains, by the way, the common spiritual teaching that you are already enlightened and that there is no need to seek it.

You can only seek what you do not have, but since you are all, your seeking must mean that you do not realize that you already have it. Hence, in finding, you always find what was already there. Enlightenment is really just a joke, but you think it's totally serious until you get there.

In other words: "...This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you..." Smile
(08-29-2012, 07:31 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: ... Each moment we choose anew.

Exactly ! This way, once back in time/space, you are certain of your choice. Smile