Bring4th
Good Documentaries Thread - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Good Documentaries Thread (/showthread.php?tid=5481)

Pages: 1 2

Good Documentaries Thread - jacrob - 09-05-2012

Hey there,

I love a good doco and thought I would share some of the better one's I've seen of late. Here's the first.

Watched a cute one on people who live in very small houses....letting go of all the material accumulation of 3D life, including personal space!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcVrVA4bSQ

Very good documentary! - C-JEAN - 09-07-2012

Hi Jacrob and all.

As I said many times. . .
Visit the link in the first line of my signature !

It is a 3 DVD kit.
My brother watched it 10 times ! !
I watched it on his DVDs 6 times ! !
I now DID BUY the kit to watch it more ! !
! ! ! It is a SUPERB "pep talk" ! ! ! B-)

The kit is what got me in sites like this one,
and to "The Ra material" ! !

Blue skies.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - jimmight - 09-08-2012

Sure, they do what the doc tells them to and most docs finds that prescribing these can be indirectly very lucrative to them. Of course, the docs who bothers to check the research will find plenty of papers in support of it.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Charles - 09-09-2012

Thanks jacrob, I enjoyed much of the tangible and metaphysical, growth and imagination in that Doc.

Good to have this thread here.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Eddie - 09-09-2012

Also check out documentaries by Wayne Herschel and Carmen Boulter.

RE: Very good documentary! - jacrob - 09-12-2012

(09-07-2012, 04:09 PM)C-JEAN Wrote: Hi Jacrob and all.

As I said many times. . .
Visit the link in the first line of my signature !

It is a 3 DVD kit.
My brother watched it 10 times ! !
I watched it on his DVDs 6 times ! !
I now DID BUY the kit to watch it more ! !
! ! ! It is a SUPERB "pep talk" ! ! ! B-)

The kit is what got me in sites like this one,
and to "The Ra material" ! !

Blue skies.

Yeah I loved the What the Bleep docos, I watched them a while back. may need to revisit...

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - godwide_void - 09-12-2012

DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman is quite a profound and informative one:

https://cinechest.com/pages/flowplayer?a_aid=4dd3eee6d1d03&a_bid=72491354&chan=first

If I remember correctly, it is also available on Netflix.

Quote:The Spirit Molecule weaves an account of Dr. Rick Strassman’s groundbreaking DMT research through a multifaceted approach to this intriguing hallucinogen found in the human brain and hundreds of plants, including the sacred Amazonian brew, ayahuasca. Utilizing interviews with a variety of experts to explain their thoughts and experiences with DMT, and ayahuasca, within their respective fields, and discussions with Strassman’s research volunteers, brings to life the awesome effects of this compound, and introduces us to far-reaching theories regarding its role in human consciousness.

Several themes explored include possible roles for endogenous DMT, its theoretical role in near-death and birth experiences, alien-abduction experiences, and spiritual states, both within Eastern concepts of enlightenment and Western ideas regarding prophecy, and the uncanny similarities in Biblical prophetic texts describing DMT-like experiences. Our expert contributors offer a comprehensive collection of information, opinions, and speculation about indigenous use of DMT, the history and future of psychedelics within the research community, and within the larger social matrix, and current DMT research. All this, to help us understand the nature of the DMT experience, and its role in human culture and evolution.

The subtle stimulating combination of science, spirituality, anthropology, sociology, and philosophy within the film’s approach sheds light on an array of ideas that could considerably alter the way humans understand the universe and their relationship to it.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Meerie - 09-12-2012

one of the best 9/11 documentaries, imo

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - jacrob - 09-24-2012

This doco is about people who have died for a period of time, experienced other realms, and returned to their body to talk about it. Fascinating!

I really enjoyed this doco about Dan Aykroyd and UFOs. His memory of having a strong urge to go outside and look at the sky is exactly what happened to me at 3.15am one night. I woke up with a strong urge to go look outside my son's bedroom window only to see a massive ufo, several times bigger than the full moon. Blimey!

I really liked this doco. I think I'll watch it again tonight as it's been a long time since I last saw it.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - jacrob - 09-24-2012

Tuning In is a doco on channellers in America. It has Darryl Anka who channels Bashar and Wendy Kenedy and a few others. It's really good.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Plenum - 01-07-2013

nych9 put me onto this. A very good watch:

great shots of egyptian art too.

mentions higher self, the importance of the glands, etc

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Plenum - 06-09-2013

some good psych docos here:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/category/psychology/

plenum approved Tongue

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Jeremy - 06-09-2013

If you haven't seen I AM the documentary, I highly suggest it. I think caceygal first mentioned it and I'm glad she did. It's nothing really revolutionary to many of us but I'm blown away by this being a top notch Hollywood documentary from a big name director. It tells of his life altering experience then his journey to find how we are all connected by speaking with various philosophers. It is definitely a must see

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Plenum - 06-18-2013

I been watching (and greatly enjoying) David Attenborough's Life of Birds. Its a documentary series from 1998 and has 10 episodes, all on the BBC's youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELaYy3a60ZYJo

very good watch! and wow, this guy has had a well lived life BigSmile

kudos Mr Attenborough.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Plenum - 08-01-2013

I rather enjoyed this doco on the buddha. Of course, the story has been told many times, but its a nice rehash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OljJ4UKIwO8

plenum

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Jade - 08-01-2013

I just watched that Buddha documentary within the week, it's definitely a good one.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Bring4th_Austin - 08-01-2013

There's a great documentary about Uri Geller called "A Life Stranger than Fiction." It is free on Hulu for anyone in the US, and can likely be found on google for anyone else interested.

Uri was studied by Don Elkin and mentioned briefly in the Ra material (as a reference to Andrija Puharich's studies on him). He was a friend of L/L Research and enemy of paranormal debunkers everywhere. If you ever see James Randi talking about Uri, you can see the steam coming from his ears.

I was very skeptical of the claims of Uri Geller, even from Don and Puharich. I couldn't bring myself to believe any of his claims, but this documentary helped to ease my mind a bit. It's not necessarily unbiased, but it is filled with tons of useful biographical and anecdotal information. The part that influenced me the most was the description of the laboratory controlled published studies done by Stanford Research Institute on Uri. Looking a bit more into why these studies aren't popular and accepted, the debunkers' explanations of how these controlled studies may have been fabricated are almost as fantastical as the feats themselves.

Even if you aren't skeptical like I was, it's a great documentary with some incredible footage and raw interviews from Uri and his researchers, supporters, and detractors.

Edit:
There's even a bit in the documentary where they almost delve into an aspect of Uri channeling ET's, but I think they thought it was kind of wacky even for a documentary on a spoon-bending "super psychic."

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - reeay - 08-05-2013

Pretty fascinating how we can't survive without nature but nature can thrive without us. This is a documentary about ecosystems and the relationships between various species that makes life possible.

The Magical Forest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khaYeIpmePo

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - native - 08-06-2013

Two American Families by PBS.

"Since 1992, Bill Moyers has been following the story of two ordinary, hard-working families in Milwaukee – one black, one white – as they battle to keep from sliding into poverty. A remarkable portrait of perseverance, Two American Families raises unsettling questions about the changing nature of the U.S. economy and the fate of a declining middle class."

The two families were inherently good hardworking people, but the jobs just weren't there. The only problem I noticed though, especially towards the end with the outcome of their own children, was the number of children the two families had. The one family had 5 children, but they didn't go into whether or not they were all planned. In the other family, the first two were planned but the third wasn't. When those three grew up, the one had two children to two different women, and the other had three children which live with their mother. I see this where I live also. Preventing pregnancy is a huge issue.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Melissa - 08-07-2013

"The Path of the Horse’ documentary explores the future of horse-human relationships. Join former horse trainer Stormy May as she travels the world to interview today’s leading horsemanship teachers and visionaries; Alexander Nevzorov, Klaus Hempfling, Linda Kohanov, Mark Rashid, Carolyn Resnick, and equine artist Kim McElroy."

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - reeay - 08-07-2013

Oh gosh now I want to watch that movie called, 'Black Stallion' where the boy makes friends with a black Arabian horse after being shipwrecked on a remote island.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Eddie - 08-07-2013

The best documentary I have seen this year (and one of the best ever) is called "Beware of Mr. Baker"; it's a documentary biography of famed drummer (and Cream member) Ginger Baker. What a colorful, amazing (and irascible) character.

It's not on YouTube; you'll have to hunt hard for it, or catch it at an art-theater. If, however, you are (as I am) a child of the 1960s, or incorrigibly addicted to the music of that time, you'll be riveted by this film.

Another similar film (and what is perhaps my favorite movie), is a documentary about avant-garde 1960s artist Robert Crumb, entitled, appropriately, "Crumb". It's even harder to find than the Baker biography, but well worth the search.....a spellbinding account of a man who is not only the world's greatest comic artist, but it's biggest living oddball. He's my favorite artist and favorite weirdo (the creator of Mr. Natural, Fritz the Cat, and other comic icons.

[Image: Crumb-third-eye_serigraph.jpg]

[Image: robert-crumb-1977.jpg]

[Image: CarPostcard.jpg]

[Image: Robert_Crumb.jpg]

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Spaced - 08-07-2013

I love Robert Crumb BigSmile

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Melissa - 08-24-2013

Jasmijn is a seven year old girl, who loves hugging trees and having conversations with animals. Anything she touches seems to breathe a sense of aliveness.
Robert is ten years old, and the only place where he feels at ease is in nature. He climbs trees as high as he can escaping the everyday reality that is not always easy.

I feel… is about children who experience their environment differently compared to most of us.
They travel their own way against the mainstream and dare to see the world with a pureness of vision over and over again.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Plenum - 10-07-2013

I Am Not A Freak

6 amazing choices for incarnation.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - darklight - 10-12-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fKyEGNZ5bEA

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Hototo - 10-12-2013

Best Documentary? The whole Star Trek series excluding the last 2 movies.

Though in a Pinch I think you could get by with Mass Effect and a few other basic peaceful universe games watching the playthrough on youtube. But be prepared for a LOT of firefights.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - AnthroHeart - 10-12-2013

I love documentaries about wolves. I've seen a few. They are sometimes funny, and have a complex social structure.
I used to like foxes the most. But when I found out about furries and anthros, it became wolves.

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - reeay - 01-20-2014

Woman Raised by Monkeys

A woman claimed she had been abducted and abandoned in the jungles of Colombia from age 4-10 and survived thanks to the monkeys she called her family. She journeys back to Colombia in search for validation and answers. Best docu I've seen in a while!

RE: Good Documentaries Thread - Jade - 01-28-2014

Newest Nature program was incredible.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/meet-the-coywolf/meet-the-coywolf/8605/

The coywolf, a coyote-wolf hybrid that has been around as we know it for less than a century, created by human expansion of North America. As we decimated natural wolf and coyote populations, they have teamed up to create a super-canid, smarter, craftier, and IMO much closer to 3D harvest than most wild 2D species we know. Being the offspring of persecution, they have learned how to survive in the rich food landscapes created by humans, and to thrive.

One story tells of how a coywolf took up residence in a cozy neighborhood. They were afraid that he had taken the life of someone's pet dog - so they hired a professional trapper. The trapper confirmed that the corpse of the dog was in the coywolf's den - along with numerous other dog toys, like tennis balls! And as it was, the trapper was never able to catch him, so the humans who live in his territory have been forced to make peace with his relatively unobtrusive existence.

Wonderful documentary on the creation of a new species in our modern world.