Bring4th
"Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others (/showthread.php?tid=5927)

"Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - cre8r_joe - 11-14-2012

Hi,
I'm new to the Law of One, and this is my very first post.

I just started reading the Ra material a few months ago, and at first glance, it seemed to mesh with my general understanding of various "new age" topics...tarot, aliens, pyramids and all. But it wasn't long before I knew it was much more than that!
Deeper on a level that is just outside my ability to put into words, but somehow resonates with a certain feeling of understanding.

So, as I read through the material, questions and challenges naturally arise, especially involving Service to Self/Service to Others.

For example, I believe the basic principle that I create my own reality through my thoughts, intentions, and emotional state.
I know I have free will to choose my own perception of my own experience.
No doubt, these ideas are centered on me and my personal choices throughout my life.
Self-centered?
Yep....those concepts must surely fall into the "service to self" category.

Yet, if I look deeper into my true intent for seeking personal well-being, I can balance (rationalize?) those concepts as a "service to others" by acknowledging the fact that I am free to accept and appreciate my interpersonal relationships as husband, father, brother, son, employee, humanitarian, etc.

If anyone reading this has had the same thoughts or conflicts with the general idea that "you create your own reality" is outside the path of "service to others", I'd love to read your response!

Thanks for reading!

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Plenum - 11-14-2012

(11-14-2012, 04:19 PM)cre8r_joe Wrote: I know I have free will to choose my own perception of my own experience.

I think you've stated the truth of things in this one statement here.

- -

also, in my opinion, the whole STO/STS dichotomy is one that people can get entangled by. At the heart of it seems to be a personal question of - "am I doing the right thing", "am I doing enough", "am I good enough". That internal doubt seems to be the heart of the issue, rather than the STO/STS path which it is being expressed by.

just the fact that you are asking the quesiton indicates that one is on the positive path and seeking greater purity.

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Tenet Nosce - 11-14-2012

(11-14-2012, 04:19 PM)cre8r_joe Wrote: "you create your own reality" is outside the path of "service to others"

Hi cre8r_joe,

In my opinion, these are two different concepts. YCYOR refers to our subjective experience... it is a bit of a misnomer I think. It would be more accurate to say "You Create Your Own Illusion."

"Service to others" in the context of this particular body of work refers to a path whereby one's consciousness is polarized so as to attract the light of identity. In this context, that light/identity is "reality" and what we experience here is mostly an illusion.

Still, the illusion has a function. To a large degree we get to pick what kind of "role" or false identity we would like to assume while we are here. But the "service" is in using the illusion to facilitate the expression of our true spiritual identity.

The Law of One states that "self" and "other" are identical. This is where is may depart from other "new age" belief systems you have encountered in your wanderings.

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Karl - 11-14-2012

Ultimately it doesn't matter because no-matter what you do you will learn and grow from it so worrying about ideologies or paths is irrelevent unless you want to get there quickly... which is also irrelevant because time is subjective as well.

The above is my opinion based on nothing. Feel free to toss it into the trash.

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Turtle - 11-15-2012

You create your own reality automatically. You can consciously tinker with it to various degrees.

STO and STS are polarized viewpoints, or paths, of your relationship to yourself and other-selves.

Meh.

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - cre8r_joe - 11-15-2012

Thanks for the great insight one and all.
This thread helps me to worry less about being "selfish" and keeps me focused on my own creative path.
I know my path is certainly free from any intention to influence or control others for my own sake, so I'll just relax and enjoy the journey!

I appreciate each of you who responded! I noticed everyone kept the answers open, light, and informative!
Nice!
Smile

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Patrick - 11-16-2012

(11-14-2012, 04:19 PM)cre8r_joe Wrote: ...No doubt, these ideas are centered on me and my personal choices throughout my life.
Self-centered?
Yep....those concepts must surely fall into the "service to self" category...

Not at all my friend. Take a look at these quotes. Smile

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2007/2007_0211.aspx Q'uo Wrote:...In this regard we would suggest that the skillful choice is always to work on the self without regard for working with other entities. Service to others, working upon what you perceive needs to be done in the world, begins and ends within yourself. Until the point at which you are asked specific questions that you may answer in what you hope is a spiritually helpful manner, the work you do on yourself is sufficient and more than adequate in terms of how you may affect the consciousness of planet Earth. Change yourself and you change the world. That is how powerful you really are...

Quote:80.11 Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the seeming polarization towards service to self because the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind?

Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service to others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/1995/1995_0924.aspx Q'uo Wrote:...The focus upon the self in the means of balancing distortions and looking for ways to understand more of what is occurring within the self is an activity that may seem to some to be full of pride and ego, yet we would suggest that such a concentration of an entity’s attention upon its own self in that manner is a means by which a seeker grows, for it needs to be aware of the activity of intellect, of emotion, and of the spirit that moves within one’s own being. Yet that information is used only to temper the steel, shall we say, the character of the entity, and not to impose this character upon another...

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2001/2001_0204.aspx Q'uo Wrote:...Many times, it seems to each, that there is no way that one person can be of service, that one person’s light can make a difference. However, this instrument is fond of saying that in a dark place the light of one candle can be seen for quite a distance. Metaphysically, this is far more true even than the physical truth of candles and sight. Each of you makes a significant difference to the lightening of the planet as well as to the lightening of your soul. For when each of you does one, each of you is doing the other. To work on the self is to work on the world. Indeed, to work on the self is the most direct and effective way to work on the outer world in a metaphysical sense...

Quote:99.8 ...The right-hand and left-hand transformations of the mind may be seen to differ by the attitude of the conscious mind towards its own resources as well as the resources of other-selves...

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - neutral333 - 11-16-2012

(11-14-2012, 04:19 PM)cre8r_joe Wrote: Hi,
I'm new to the Law of One, and this is my very first post.

I just started reading the Ra material a few months ago, and at first glance, it seemed to mesh with my general understanding of various "new age" topics...tarot, aliens, pyramids and all. But it wasn't long before I knew it was much more than that!
Deeper on a level that is just outside my ability to put into words, but somehow resonates with a certain feeling of understanding.

So, as I read through the material, questions and challenges naturally arise, especially involving Service to Self/Service to Others.

For example, I believe the basic principle that I create my own reality through my thoughts, intentions, and emotional state.
I know I have free will to choose my own perception of my own experience.
No doubt, these ideas are centered on me and my personal choices throughout my life.
Self-centered?
Yep....those concepts must surely fall into the "service to self" category.

Yet, if I look deeper into my true intent for seeking personal well-being, I can balance (rationalize?) those concepts as a "service to others" by acknowledging the fact that I am free to accept and appreciate my interpersonal relationships as husband, father, brother, son, employee, humanitarian, etc.

If anyone reading this has had the same thoughts or conflicts with the general idea that "you create your own reality" is outside the path of "service to others", I'd love to read your response!

Thanks for reading!

Welcome,

To me, the connection is that others will react to you according to how you approach them carrying your reality. Working as a door to door salesman, I can see very clearly how the way I look at each home-owner affects the way they respond to me.

What this translates to is that you can best serve others when you are creating the reality that best facilitates you serving others. In other words, create a reality of abundance.

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - Sacred Fool - 11-17-2012

Hi there.

For what it may be worth, here is a way of conceptualizing things you already know.

One could say that prior to STS & STO there is polarity. Polarity is like the juice in a battery and the others are motivations for expending the energy. Creating your own reality, as it were, is what results from the experience of the energy expenditure.

For example, you're a student in university. The degree of intensity with which you strive to learn--truly learn--together with other inherent qualities determines your capacity to expend energy upon learning and might be analogous to polarity.

But what motivates you to learn? Are you intending to set yourself up well in the world? Are simply striving to explore the beauty of creation? If so, why? Or put another way, when you look at how you expend your energy, what are the purposes, what are your motivations? This would be analogous to choosing to serve the Creatrix, others, self, whatever. [All of these, of course, lead to the self which then eventually leads to "the One," if you will.]

The result of your energy traveling along your chosen lines of force is, indeed, the reality you have created for yourself, the one which you understand (maybe?) and inhabit. I hope you're enjoying it!

RE: "Create your own reality" vs Service to Others - cre8r_joe - 11-18-2012

Lovin' the responses! 
You each are able to put such great energy into the words you write.
And I especially appreciate Patrick's work to pick out the pertinent passages directly from Carla's channeling of Ra. 

Creativity.
Don't you love just looking at the word?
It's so open to....well, anything! 
Anything we may desire.

So, setting aside the STS/STO premise of my original post, I'm now looking at the value of Polarity in my creative process.
Polarizing my daily circumstances into two extreme positions (or distortions, as Ra would put it?) 
Looking at specifically wanted/unwanted events and exploring exactly how my personal response can move me in the direction of well-being.  Clarity.  Peace of mind.

That is my power as a human here on this 3rd Density, as I understand it.
It is my ability to focus on my own distortion of the unity of one, and move along from there....moving through any number of distortions that I am free to consider.
Joyfully sailing through my illusion.

I'm exploring this now....just letting the thoughts flow in and out as I ponder what feels right to to me.

There's so much to learn..and it's so much better when I just let it flow freely.

Smile

...having lots of fun now!