Bring4th
why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) (/showthread.php?tid=6547)

why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - Plenum - 01-30-2013

there are probably a few things that have not been made too clear about what exactly the Archetypal Mind is.

I've revisited some of the sessions and clarified some of my own understandings.

1) is the archetypal mind unique to earth (3d)?

this is a yes, on one level. Ra says that the archetypal mind are those modifications that our Logos (read our Sun) made for the operation of this solar system (what Ra calls our 'galaxy', not the milky way in this instance.)

"76.10 The archetypical mind is that mind which is peculiar to the Logos under which influence you are at this space/time distorting your experiences. There is no other Logos the archetypical mind of which would be the same any more than the stars would appear the same from another planet in another galaxy."

2) why bother learning about the archetypes?

everyone has access to the archetypes, whether they do it in a conscious fashion of not. It is like a sympathetic resonance that occurs through the Veil, when something deep and meaningful is experienced.

"90.15 At the point at which an entity, either by accident or design, reflects an archetype, the archetypical mind resonates. Thusly random activation of the archetypical resonances begins almost immediately in third-density experience. The disciplined use of this tool of evolution comes far later in this process."

but why do it deliberately, if there is random activation of the archetypes?

it is like learning the language of this planet, this solar system, and much like learning English enables you to communicate and learn from others in an efficient manner, learning the archetypes allows you to communicate with a deep portion of this Logos' consciousness. It is a language, and requires study and practice like any other language.

3) what are some of the benefits of studying the tarot (as a representaiton of the archetypal mind)?

Ra says that learning to work with the archetypal mind develops the ability to access and use the magical personality. The magical personality is a time/space portion of the Self, and from there, the Higher Self and the Creator can be experienced directly.

"88.14 The tarot was devised by the third-density population of Venus a great measure of your space/time in your past. As we have noted the third-density experience of those of Venus dealt far more deeply and harmoniously with what you would call relationships with other-selves, sexual energy transfer work, and philosophical or metaphysical research. The product of many, many generations of work upon what we conceived to be the archetypical mind produced the tarot which was used by our peoples as a training aid in developing the magical personality."

4) did Ra themselves use cards while in 3d?

the answer is no. They used a more word-to-mouth system of mental training, which both served the purpose of strengthening visualisations as well as the connection between teacher-student.

"88.20 Questioner: How did the teacher relay information to the student in respect to visualization?
Ra: I am Ra. The process was cabalistic; that is, of the oral tradition of mouth to ear."

5) the system of 3 sets of 7 cards to represent the mind, body, and spirit respectively seems rather elegant. Why have a 22nd card?

Ra themselves did not appreciate fully the 22nd card during their own incarnations on Venus (3d). They were a more harmonious peoples than ours, the the negative polarity was not explored or expressed as much as might be the case here.

but make no mistake, 3rd density is all about catalyst, and all about making the one Choice; for either love (green ray positive) or separation (4d negs). Hence the choice (and by association) polarity, is unavoidable here; much as some of us would like a third route and seek without polarity.

"92.23 Questioner: In other words, this particular illusion has polarity as its foundation which might be represented by the structural significance of these columns. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct."

6) what deck should I buy?

the Brotherhood of Light Egyptian Tarot appears to be best match for what Ra had in mind when they transmitted their images telepathically to the priests of Egypt.

you can see them here: http://www.lawofone.info/images/
or in color here: http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=1100

7) is there one way to understand the archetypes?

the answer is no. First up, you don't need to study the tarot to learn the archetypes. You can choose astrology of the Tree of Life if you want.

even then, there comes a point where you make the archetypes your own.

"76.9 After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind."

it means what it means to you, and even though sharing is fruitful, and a potential catalyst for others, the archetypes become like your shoe or a favourite item of clothing; it is fashioned by you, is lovingly experienced by you, and is utterly utterly unique. It has its especial qualities which speak to you, even though there is a foundation that is core to all.

8) any closing thoughts?

just a few quotes; I'll let Ra speak for themselves:

74.4 The archetypical mind, then, is that which contains all facets which may affect mind or experience.

90.14 Please recall the definition of the archetypical mind as the repository of those refinements to the cosmic or all-mind made by this particular Logos and peculiar only to this Logos. Thus it may be seen as one of the roots of mind, not the deepest but certainly the most informative in some ways.

93.14 In the archetypical mind one has the resource of not specifically a plan for evolution but rather a blueprint or architecture of the nature of evolution. This may seem to be a small distinction, but it has significance in perceiving more clearly the use of this resource of the deep mind.

90.29 The adept has already worked much, not only within the red, orange, yellow, and green energy centers, but already in the opening of blue and indigo. Up through this point the archetypes function as the great base or plinth of a builded structure or statue keeping the mind complex viable, level, and available as a resource whenever it may be evoked. There is a point at which the adept takes up its work. This is the point at which a clear and conscious consideration of the archetypical mind is useful.

namaste

Quote:91.38 The term “efficient” might also fruitfully be replaced by the term “undistorted.” The archetypical mind, when penetrated lucidly, is a blueprint of the builded structure of all energy expenditures and all seeking, without distortion. This, as a resource within the deep mind, is of great potential aid to the adept.

there is not much here that is 'undistorted" here on planet Earth BigSmile

RE: why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - Oldern - 01-30-2013

Plenum, you are doing a great service to all of us with all the archetype-related things.

I am sad and a bit shamed of my own endurance to say that even though I know that my journey leads to the archetypes, I have yet to begin walking in that road. But! The time to start that journey is closer and closer - and I know whose posts to look up when I decide to start walking Wink

Thank you.

RE: why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - Jeremy - 01-30-2013

Yea I have to admit that I never really expressed any desire to figure out the whole tarot thing but this post definitely intrigued me so I'm gonna buy the deck when I can.

RE: why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - Spaced - 01-30-2013

Great post Plenum! Studying the archetypes has been incredibly useful to me in my spiritual seeking. Smile

RE: why study the archetypal mind? (brief faq) - native - 02-04-2013

I came across this yesterday. Three approaches to the archetypal mind:

"It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind."