Bring4th
Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Relevant only today 01/02/10 (/showthread.php?tid=741)

Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Aaron - 01-02-2010

Good morning everyone and happy new year! I think more people might be tuned into the harvest than we think... The following is a link to a site called Woot, which sells one item at a special price from its huge warehouse every day. They have several spinoffs, including shirt.woot, wine.woot, and kids.woot, which all operate with the same business method. Every day along with selling the item, they make a funny/sarcastic writeup that explains the item while being humorous.

On shirt.woot, they hold a "derby" where people design their own shirts and submit them to be voted on. The three designs with the highest votes are sold in the next 3 days after the derby. Check out today's design, along with its writeup...

http://shirt.woot.com/

Here's the screencap.

[Image: Olio.jpg]

It may be tounge-in-cheek, but wow! Someone's clued in... Tongue Haha

EDIT: For clarification, every single woot item writeup is always sarcastic/humorous. This is the style in which they always write.

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - ayadew - 01-02-2010

"What if we’re just, like, flecks of pollen on a flower? And the flower is the Earth, blooming in the dirt of space? And the sun is like the water, only I guess the sun would have to be the sun, too. It’s pretty big, it can handle both jobs. And then in like 2012 or something, some cosmic gardener plucks us from the garden, and we think it’s like the planet dying, but really we’re all going into some extra-dimensional flower arrangement and it’ll actually be the next step in human consciousness and usher in a new age of enlightenment and understanding and flowers?

Yeah, you’re right, that is pretty stupid. Hey, is wrestling on?"

Hah, great

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Monica - 01-02-2010

Oh wow...someone knows about the Harvest. Cool!

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Peregrinus - 01-02-2010

(01-02-2010, 11:39 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: Oh wow...someone knows about the Harvest. Cool!

They know about it, but they don't take it seriously... as we do.

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - ayadew - 01-02-2010

I think the author of that text knows, but also knows that it's not appropriate in his reality to talk about it on that site. Rather, he clads the message in humor, so that the reader can take whatever we wish out of it.
We take his true message. Others takes it for humor. All is well.

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Peregrinus - 01-02-2010

One should never assume, for it leaves the assumed and the assumee open to looking like Jesus' ride into Jerusalem Wink

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - βαθμιαίος - 01-03-2010

(01-02-2010, 02:56 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: One should never assume, for it leaves the assumed and the assumee open to looking like Jesus' ride into Jerusalem Wink

Why is that a bad thing? Wasn't Jesus suggesting that it was good and right to be lowly, humble, and ride an ass?

I love the humorous write-up from the woot site. I take the whole harvest idea with a grain of salt in that, though I'm pretty sure it will happen "fairly soon", I consider it possible that "fairly soon" may be in geologic time. I'm not convinced yet that it will be obvious beyond doubt within our lifetimes.

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - Peregrinus - 01-04-2010

There is an old saying.

"Never assume. It makes an a$$ of you, and an a$$ of me."

I tried to tie it into the story, but obviously failed. Assumption aside, yes that was tongue in cheek humour and can be appreciated as such. Please accept my most humble apologies if I appeared to be lecturing or using a negative tone Sad

RE: Relevant only today 01/02/10 - βαθμιαίος - 01-04-2010

No apology necessary, at least not to me. I knew what you meant and was, to some extent, just messing with you, so it could be me that owes the apology.

I think what motivated my post is my sense that there's a fine line between interpretation, which we have to do when we read anything, and making assumptions about an author's motives or state of mind, which I agree should be done with care.

PS: anyone know how to turn off the auto-censor on individual posts? Sometimes we need to be able to call an a s s an a s s.