Bring4th
Christmas karma/curse - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Christmas karma/curse (/showthread.php?tid=8489)

Christmas karma/curse - Marc - 12-25-2013

So about 6 Christmases ago my GF broke up with me.
The next year I puked all over a friend's floor on Christmas Eve.
The next year I had a terrible Christmas because of problems with my GF.
The next year my faith was shattered in God and I got super depressed.
The next year I was ostracized by my church family and was completely rejected by everyone.
The next year was decent.
Last year my mother-in-law went to the hospital.
And this year I puked a ton early this morning and had a horrible day.

I wonder why my Christmases are always with me going through a very rough time, any insight? Maybe astrological (Aquarian)?

RE: Christmas karma/curse - Spaced - 12-25-2013

Christmas is always super stressful for me since I make the least amount of money in my family and I always feel inadequate since I can't but everyone nice gifts. I know that's not what christmas is really about but I can't help the way I feel. It doesn't help that I suffer from seasonal depression that usually peaks around christmas (although it hasn't been so bad this year!). I'm not the only one in my family who gets stressed out by christmas, we just had a christmas eve party at my parents house that ended with a screaming match between two of my step-sisters and my step-dad.

I can't help but feel like there's this huge cultural expectation about christmas that just generates these feelings of stress. I just want everyone to be happy and get along but that's not always in the cards :-/

RE: Christmas karma/curse - reeay - 12-25-2013

It could be like a message from self to self that something needs to be understood & accepted. If I found a pattern like this I would treat it as a signpost of sorts. Could be astrological. Most likely, a catalyst that needs to be attended.. If the break up is the oldest christmas 'curse' I would kind of start there. Is this abandonment? The pains of alienation? i.e., what are the common themes there, etc. As Spaced said, christmas is a very stressful time. For those who have had trauma (in severe cases) or those who have experienced relationship problems tend to have very difficult times during events like christmas or thanksgiving, and major life events like birthdays, graduations, etc.

RE: Christmas karma/curse - Unbound - 12-25-2013

Winter season purging, it represents the sinking in to the underworld and the release of those things which are locked away. For some people the end of the year and end of the seasons is the time when it is seen fit to "restart" for the next year.

Or maybe this season represents something in your life that you are in conflict about.

May I ask, what were your Christmases like before this apparent string of unfortunate events?

RE: Christmas karma/curse - Marc - 12-25-2013

Actually, this all started when I was 6yrs old and it was the first Christmas after my father had passed away. He used to drive us up to his mothers house every Christmas Eve and we would have Christmas there. The Christmas after he passed my step-dad drove us up there with my mom. When we arrived my father's brother was very offended at my step-dad having the Gaul to show his face or try to take the place of my father and as we got out of the car he physically started to assault my step-dad. It was a very traumatic experience and after that encounter my relationship abruptly ended with my very loving grandma and my parents told us bad things about the family. It wasn't until about 5 years ago that my brother, sister and I reconnected with my grandma and made steps to reconcile our relationship.

I think this may be the root of the issue.

RE: Christmas karma/curse - Jade - 12-25-2013

Love to you and your family this Christmas, Marc. Healing and love all around.

RE: Christmas karma/curse - kycahi - 12-25-2013

Hi Marc. You seem to be getting to the root cause(s) of your Christmas "curse." I saw somewhere that people can suffer around the anniversary of a loss or trauma. You seem to fit that syndrome; in fact, the incidents might be compounding themselves so that you anticipate what's coming.

I suggest that you use the anticipation to advantage. Next year, think about what you might eat in order to "make this year's puke outdo the others!" Share the joke with friends/family so that they can "watch what's coming" or cheer when you break this bond with the past. (Of course eating lightly might be more sensible.)

Alternatively, calm yourself and go within, asking for old memories to show themselves so that you can deal with them and send them away for good or reduce their power. Grab opportunities for gratitude and forgiveness, even when you don't know whom to forgive. After all, we here like to think that we are one, so include yourself in the forgiveness.

I wish you many good times in the coming year.

RE: Christmas karma/curse - reeay - 12-25-2013

Hey, why not face what's bothering us than brace for something bc healing has a long-lasting influence Wink