Bring4th
is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? (/showthread.php?tid=9348)

is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Plenum - 06-19-2014

in new age circles, the indigo centre is associated with pineal gland. This is an assertion that I just accepted.

But more recently, in my investigations of the energy centres, other writings indicate that the indigo centre is related to the pituitary gland, and its the violet centre that overlaps with the pineal.

I've asked someone who has concrete experience with the glands and the energy network, and they say that indigo = pituitary.

anyone have any thoughts on this, and maybe explain how this mixup happened?

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Bring4th_Austin - 06-19-2014

Ra seems to relate the pineal to the indigo ray. They may only be doing this because it is commonly associated, however, they tended to make note when our collective understandings of spiritual concepts were inaccurate.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=pineal

Also, Ra says that experience of sensation in between the brows would be associated with indigo ray, and this is at a similar location as the pineal gland in the brain (in relation to height). They also describe the violet ray as the "crown," which to me means it sits upon the head, or right on top of it. I have always sensed indigo as more centered in my head, with the violet being mostly above the head somewhat.

Edit: wasn't thinking about the pituitary gland also being around the height of the brow.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Plenum - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 03:35 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Ra seems to relate the pineal to the indigo ray. They may only be doing this because it is commonly associated, however, they tended to make note when our collective understandings of spiritual concepts were inaccurate.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=pineal

oh, thanks Austin. I had totally overlooked that!

- -

and just for reference:

[Image: Qq02wAN.jpg]

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Alex Zachary - 06-19-2014

[Image: s67iwp.jpg]

This is my experience with it.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - βαθμιαίος - 06-19-2014

Maybe Edgar Cayce has something to do with the association of pineal with crown? This is from edgarcayce.org:

Quote:The endocrine glands along this pathway are, in order from lowest to highest: gonads (testes in males and ovaries in females), cells of Leydig (named after the doctor who discovered them, located in and above the gonads), adrenals (located on top of the kidneys), thymus (located in the upper chest), thyroid (in the throat), pineal (near the center of the brain at the top of the spinal fluid canal), and pituitary (just above the back of the roof of the mouth, behind the bridge of the nose, tucked under the frontal lobe). In order as chakras they are: the root, navel, solar plexus, heart, throat, crown, and brow, or third eye. Many modern books and teachers list the crown as the highest and the third eye as sixth, but Cayce instructs us otherwise, as do many of the more classical texts and images. For example, in ancient Hinduism the kundalini pathway is symbolized by a cobra in the striking position, not straight up. In mystical Egyptian and Mayan art it is a winged serpent in the striking position. In Hebrew and Christian mysticism it is the shape of the shepherd’s staff. The energy flows along a path that is like a question mark (?), not like an exclamation mark (!). Cayce says it flows up the body to the base of the brain, then over to the center of the brain and the crown of the head, and then on to the forehead and the great frontal lobe of the brain and the third eye.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Adonai One - 06-19-2014

My thoughts: Irrelevant New Age woohoo in any case.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Alex Zachary - 06-19-2014

Convince me, Adonai !

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Adonai One - 06-19-2014

What has "opening the pineal gland," as according to various literature, done for mankind?

Ah, i see. Well, unseen are the ways of how this world is seen perfect.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - AnthroHeart - 06-19-2014

I remember DMT affected the pineal gland, and that's the experience of indigo ray. I've had mental thought projections coming out of my indigo ray as well, onto a wall. Although my occipital lobes were fired up as well, as there was lots of pressure on them at that time I hallucinated.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - xise - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 04:58 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: I remember DMT affected the pineal gland, and that's the experience of indigo ray. I've had mental thought projections coming out of my indigo ray as well, onto a wall. Although my occipital lobes were fired up as well, as there was lots of pressure on them at that time I hallucinated.

I think GW's on to something.

There's probably a correlation between therapeutic use of entheogens, temporary ray activation, and glands involved.

However, are you sure though that DMT affected the pineal gland? I thought it was that DMT was produced by the pineal gland and appears a short google search seems to support the idea that DMT is produced in that gland but binds in other receptors in the brain.

(06-19-2014, 04:57 PM)Alex Zachary Wrote: Ah, i see. Well, unseen are the ways of how this world is seen perfect.

With or without externalized meaning in purported methods of "ascension."

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - AnthroHeart - 06-19-2014

Yeah, I knew that DMT was produced by the Pineal. But I guess it affects other areas of the brain. That would make sense.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - Infinite - 06-25-2019

Interesting thread. Updating in case anyone has any idea.

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - kristina - 06-25-2019

(06-19-2014, 01:55 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: in new age circles, the indigo centre is associated with pineal gland.  This is an assertion that I just accepted.

But more recently, in my investigations of the energy centres, other writings indicate that the indigo centre is related to the pituitary gland, and its the violet centre that overlaps with the pineal.

I've asked someone who has concrete experience with the glands and the energy network, and they say that indigo = pituitary.

anyone have any thoughts on this, and maybe explain how this mixup happened?

Well, I don't know what they are saying exactly, but the Pituitary, the hypothalamus and Pineal is all on the same axis. Just as the Thyroid, Adrenal and the Parathyroid. However, they all work (the endocrine system) with one another in our hormonal/chemical body.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3788429

RE: is the indigo centre associated with pituitary or pineal gland? - flofrog - 06-26-2019

This is what I remember having collected a few years ago,  please take it with a grain of salt... Wink

From some Hindu texts, we would 'download'  information through pineal gland while being in meditation phase or if we live in a very balanced chakras situation, which then relates well with all what Ra says about the importance of balancing energy centers.  That might seem to apply to someone, somehow,  accessing infinite intelligence.. ?

The other think I might add is that when I had my initiation with Kriya yoga, I was shown a point at the base of the skull, a little higher than the end of the neck which would be similar access to the pineal gains which you massage in a certain way when you are ending your line of physical exercises in preparation to meditation.

So I found Austin question very interesting, and the diagrams shown....  Thank you Infinite for bumping !!!   Heart