Bring4th
"...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" (/showthread.php?tid=9573)

"...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Adonai One - 07-22-2014

Quote:1.7... Consider, if you will, that the universe is infinite. This has yet to be proven or disproven, but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves, your understanding, what you would call your journey of seeking, or your perceptions of the creation.

...You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.

Does Ra not eradicate the notion that there is something "beyond the self"? And that the self is something to be transcended, a common trope in spiritual philosophy? I've seen a notion of selflessness popping up on the forum and it would be interesting to see how this is interpreted.

Is not the self all things, according to Ra?

Quote:44.6 ↥ Questioner: Is there a reason that I am open to these signals of a negative nature?

Ra: I am Ra. Are you not all things?

Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20140723034151/http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9573

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - isis - 07-22-2014

"The urge to transcend Self is a principal appetite of the soul." ~Aldous Huxley

"To study the Way is to study the self. To study the self is to forget the self. To forget the self is to be enlightened by all things." ~道元禅師

"Have you understood that there's nothing beyond the Self? Self is, Self was and Self shall be. And do you understand? That's God!" ~Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogi Ji

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - anagogy - 07-23-2014

(07-22-2014, 11:14 PM)Adonai One Wrote: Does Ra not eradicate the notion that there is something "beyond the self"? And that the self is something to be transcended, a common trope in spiritual philosophy? I've seen a notion of selflessness popping up on the forum and it would be interesting to see how this is interpreted.

It's all about the context Adonai. The self that is spiritually transcended is the "little I" or the human ego. The universal "I" is all things.

Consciousness is perspective. The source of all distortions is the limit of that perspective.

(07-22-2014, 11:14 PM)Adonai One Wrote: Is not the self all things, according to Ra?

Raw consciousness is all things. That is the base of all existence.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Adonai One - 07-23-2014

Ra never speaks on the transcendence of a "little I" or "the human ego". We can discuss theory outside the context of the material but at that point we're just working with thin air.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - anagogy - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 12:26 AM)Adonai One Wrote: Ra never speaks on the transcendence of a "little I" or "the human ego". We can discuss theory outside the context of the material but at that point we're just working with thin air.

Actually they do.

What do you think a social memory complex is?

Quote:17.13 ↥ Questioner: When I am communicating with you as Ra, are you at times [an] individualized entity or am I speaking to the entire complex?

Ra: I am Ra. You speak with Ra. There is no separation. You would call it a social memory complex thus indicating many-ness. To our understanding, you are speaking to an individualized portion of consciousness."

So Ra's self is no longer an "little I" but the social memory complex "I".

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Adonai One - 07-23-2014

Your quote has no direct relation to the discussion at hand. It has no direct statement that gives any relevance to your inference.

(07-23-2014, 12:38 AM)Adonai One Wrote: Your quote has no direct relation to the discussion at hand. It has no direct statement that gives any relevance to your inference.

I suppose if you are in denial and don't want to acknowledge the truth.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - MichaelD - 07-29-2014

(07-23-2014, 12:49 AM)anagogy Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 12:38 AM)Adonai One Wrote: Your quote has no direct relation to the discussion at hand. It has no direct statement that gives any relevance to your inference.

I suppose if you are in denial and don't want to acknowledge the truth.

It is A1s typical response when lost. He likes to embody the bluntness/boldness of zenmaster with none of the wisdom or listening skills.

A1, you are cherry picking concepts from Ra and applying them to instances they dont apply. Yes, we are all one. The universe in a grain of sand, if you will. That is the teaching. That is the bedrock upon which everything rests, according to Ra.

It is a beautiful thing to behold, but unfortunately it is quite useless by itself. Imagine walking into a classroom of 20 yr olds and writing the fundamental equations of quantum mechanics on the board, then saying, "ok people there it is, go build a manual transmission. Everything you need is in there.

Useless. Ra repeatedly (emphasis) mentions himself as an amalgamation of many bodymindspirits (social memory complex). He repeatedly mentions whole other complexes he has interacted with, discussing them as quite different than his own. He makes mention of many, many other selves: guardians, planets, humans, councils, even some that he claims to know little about (beyond the octave). Yes, he always reiterates the oneness, right before continuing on with the differences. He must speak of the differences, for we live on earth and difference is inherant in our experience. You see, just as the fundamental equations of quantum dynamics may reassure and inspire physicists to continue further in defining the world, even the equations themselves; they are utterly useless on their own, even though (theoretically) they may contain the answer to everything in the material world. Just as this scenario, the knowledge of all as one is a similar inspiration and reassurance for us balls of consciousness in the universe; and the knowledge is utterly useless on its own, even though it quite literally contains everything.

We are one, but clearly we are not. You cannot move my arm as it were yours, and never will you be able to. So long as we are on planet earth, we will always be individuate to some degree. You have no command over anything at all outside yourself, and even surprisingly little within yourself. This is human life on planet earth at this time. To deny this is to deny your own experience, as well as the purpose for human life. We are here and this is how life is. Regardless of your opinions, you will eat and s*** and f*** and sleep and wake up tomorrow and do it all over again. Until you die. We are not here to transcend human experience. We are here to understand it, to live it, to experience human experience.

The Law of One is a wonderful ideal, but what is it without all the other laws? What is Newton's first law without the second? The law of love without the law of free will. The beauty of the Law of One is how hilariously false it is in our subjective experience, and also how beautifully true it is as well. Luckily for the Law of One, it's falseness in our plane is also contained within it. After all, are we not all one?

If you want to use the LOO to grow, you could be asking much, much better questions. How would you eat were you eating yourself. How would you s*** were you shitting yourself? How would you f*** were you fucking yourself? How would you love were you loving yourself. For me, this is the only benefit I have received from the idea of 'all is one'. Seeing myself in everything. Anything else is useless semantics over ideas that have no useful application. If you truly saw yourself in everything in every moment, you'd likely not be arguing semantics. With time though, and practice.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Adonai One - 07-29-2014

I have command over the entire creation. I am simply not conscious of it currently but I know that I will be conscious of it, thus I am.

We will all be one inevitably and there is nothing we can do about it. We might as well embrace it now.

Quote:40.1: Conversely, the blackness of the black hole, metaphysically speaking, is a concentration of white light being systematically absorbed once again into the One Creator. Finally, this absorption into the One Creator continues until all the infinity of creations have attained sufficient spiritual mass in order that all form once again the great central sun, if you would so imagine it, of the intelligent infinity awaiting potentiation by free will. Thus the transition of the octave is a process which may be seen to enter into timelessness of unimaginable nature. To attempt to measure it by your time measures would be useless.

I am here to experience the inevitable as I wish.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - MichaelD - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 06:02 PM)Adonai One Wrote: I have command over the entire creation. I am simply not conscious of it currently but I know that I will be conscious of it, thus I am.

We will all be one inevitably and there is nothing we can do about it. We might as well embrace it now.

Quote:40.1: Conversely, the blackness of the black hole, metaphysically speaking, is a concentration of white light being systematically absorbed once again into the One Creator. Finally, this absorption into the One Creator continues until all the infinity of creations have attained sufficient spiritual mass in order that all form once again the great central sun, if you would so imagine it, of the intelligent infinity awaiting potentiation by free will. Thus the transition of the octave is a process which may be seen to enter into timelessness of unimaginable nature. To attempt to measure it by your time measures would be useless.

I am here to experience the inevitable as I wish.

We will not all be one inevitably. We are already all one. That is the entire point. I don't know why I respond to you anymore. You clearly aren't reading anything. I would respond to your reply, but it would look starkly similar to my OP.

As to your first 2 sentences. Wow. That's easily the dumbest thing I've read all week. And I peruse imgur, so wow. You have command over everything, but you are not conscious of it. Thus, you don't have command of it. Hence the very definition of unconscious. But wait, you know you WILL be conscious of it, so you are?? What? Ok cool. Then stop asking questions on this board and give yourself the answers. Or maybe use your command over the universe to generate some coherent sentences. Or maybe stop the wars.

Oh that's right, you have no command over anything at all. The Law of One doesn't mean you can fart and call the gas butterflies.

Wasting someone else's time is the biggest insult there is. This includes asking questions to which you don't care to hear the answers, as well as generating doubt in your own thread thus causing others to spend their time typing to help you. Thanks again A1.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Adonai One - 07-30-2014

There is no debt I must pay, no rule I must follow except The Law of One.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - manniz - 07-30-2014

(07-29-2014, 05:54 PM)MichaelD Wrote: We are not here to transcend human experience. We are here to understand it, to live it, to experience human experience.

The Law of One is a wonderful ideal, but what is it without all the other laws? What is Newton's first law without the second? The law of love without the law of free will. The beauty of the Law of One is how hilariously false it is in our subjective experience, and also how beautifully true it is as well. Luckily for the Law of One, it's falseness in our plane is also contained within it. After all, are we not all one?

I almost missed this post, but this is a really good response. New Agies focus too much on transcendence, while losing the value of experience in the meantime. It is hard to convince spiritual people, especially the "Gurus" but again and again my intuition, my experience and my calculations tell me that experience is the hidden gem. There is something about this creation that screams the value of experience again and again. However, love gives comfort. So, easier for a spiritual seeker to focus on transcendence than learn from the immense experience they are immersed in on a day to day basis. Also, ignoring the experience makes it easier for the "Gurus" to read spiritual texts, claim to be the expert and let the followers sing your glories.

Which is fine, everyone has their own path. Still, a solid practical post. So much of the spiritual talk misses the meat and bones of experience, of third density, of harsh life, of squabbles and wars. Which is fine, but still the mind hungers for a more practical spirituality. Not the one and only version, where you close you eyes, think about higher densities, and talk about infinite creation, while closing your intellect to the richness of life as it is. Thanks for this post, Sir.

(07-29-2014, 05:54 PM)MichaelD Wrote: The beauty of the Law of One is how hilariously false it is in our subjective experience, and also how beautifully true it is as well.

Another good quote in my opinion. Though it is much easier to make stereotypical statements about Law of One, being one with every self, dedicating your life to it and whatnot. Much harder to understand life as it is, and then explore Law of One in humanity's hunger, poverty, vanity, torture, passion, utmost honor, loyalty etc.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - AnthroHeart - 07-30-2014

I see life as a game. I do not see hardship in my own life. But I am fortunate. I still have learning experiences. I learn while I do nothing.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - भाव - 08-12-2014

The Creator expands and contracts like an eternal heartbeat. Each expansion and contraction is an Octave or Creation.

It should be understood that the One Original Thought will always and ever be the same and the by product will be that Free Will will act upon Love to create Light and all of the many distortions of the grand illusion.

Each Octave will always use these principles and yet paradoxically each Creation will always be completely different - with new experience, new misunderstandings, new worlds, new illusory laws, new distortions, new perspectives - indefinitely.

Our journey of seeking as selves will never end - for that is the process of the byproduct of the One Original Thought.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - AnthroHeart - 08-12-2014

I'm sure I will learn more about myself in higher densities than I can possibly learn in 3D. I know what makes me tick here, in this level of awareness.

RE: "...there is no end to your selves, your understanding" - Plenum - 08-13-2014

(07-22-2014, 11:14 PM)Adonai One Wrote: Does Ra not eradicate the notion that there is something "beyond the self"? And that the self is something to be transcended, a common trope in spiritual philosophy? I've seen a notion of selflessness popping up on the forum and it would be interesting to see how this is interpreted.

Is not the self all things, according to Ra?

the 'full' experience of the self is accessed via the disciplines of the personality.

the question then becomes - what are the disciplines of the personality BigSmile