Bring4th
what movie did you last watch? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what movie did you last watch? (/showthread.php?tid=9894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: what movie did you last watch? - sunnysideup - 11-28-2016

[Image: brotherhood_of_the_wolf.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 11-30-2016

The Zero Theorem directed by Terry Gilliam was really good. It deals with the big questions.

I also watched La Jetée, which is what inspired 12 Monkeys (by Gilliam). La Jetée is about a man who is sent backward and forward in time, told entirely with still pictures and narration.

*edit La Jetée is by Chris Marker.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Nicholas - 12-30-2016

Just watched a deepromcom that had me swallowing my own tears inside 15 minutes (I literally caught my own tears in the side of my mouth). 

It reminded me of a time in my life where I let go of the thing I loved the most, and discovered that my only genuinely loving gesture, was expressed in the letting go.

My wife repeatedly asked me during the film, "Why are you crying?"

To answer that question here, I think it was because this film really portrayed the intimate connection between love and freedom. And then to top it all off, a quote from The Catcher in the Rye was spoken at the end. That's when I started sobbing.

This has just entered my top 5 films of all time.

Ruby Sparks.

The ironic moment of "you don't know jack about women" by a guy who was mystified by women was hilarious!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - third-density-being - 12-31-2016

Hello Dear Other-Selves,

Lately I've watched movie "Spectral" (2016) – except for far too obvious main character and quite naïve /A-Team like ending, the movie itself / an Idea used in it is quite fascinating :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106651/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

With mentioned at the beginning two exceptions, I am recommending this movie for the experience of being amazed and intrigued as the plot will unfold, alone:-)

All I have Best in me for You

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 01-27-2017

If you guys haven't been watching Westworld on HBO you really should. It deals entirely with the topic of consciousness..robots becoming conscious. JJ Abrahms is one of the producers, so if you liked Lost you'll love this show. I've been watching it at someone else's house, but HBO consistently puts out awesome shows so I'm going to start paying for it.

Also new on HBO.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 01-27-2017

I guess that should have gone in the TV thread, and I see there was already a discussing about Westworld. Angel

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Jeremy - 01-28-2017

Introduced my girlfriend to Into the Wild to which she was blown away. You could see the wheels turning during and after the movie.

Been years since I've seen it so it was a joy to re-watch thus masterpiece

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 01-28-2017

What Dreams May Come. Bought it on Amazon Video so I have a digital version.

It's probably the saddest movie I've ever seen. But it is also beautiful. I don't believe that's how things work though, especially hell.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Ashim - 01-29-2017

(01-28-2017, 04:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: What Dreams May Come. Bought it on Amazon Video so I have a digital version.

It's probably the saddest movie I've ever seen. But it is also beautiful. I don't believe that's how things work though, especially hell.

Will check that out for sure.
Went to see T2:Trainspotting yesterday with my daughter. Good, not quite as fresh as the original but still enjoyable. Was great to see my home, Edinburgh, the places I walk around daily, in so many scenes .

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Parsons - 02-05-2017

Really strongly recommend this one:

Inn Sæi: The Power of Intuition

RE: what movie did you last watch? - flofrog - 02-05-2017

Loved Arrival. So beautiful visually too

Moonlight. pretty sublime

saw again one of my tops : The year of living dangerously. love love love this one.. Wink

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Infinite - 02-15-2017

(02-05-2017, 08:48 PM)flofrog Wrote: Loved Arrival.  So beautiful visually too

Moonlight.  pretty sublime

saw again one  of my tops :  The year of living dangerously.  love love love this one..  Wink

I watched "Arrival" today. So beautiful movie with some implicit spiritual messages. I saw the Law of One in the history. The message was clear: we need talk the same language, act like ONE.

peace, love and light.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Minyatur - 02-15-2017

(02-15-2017, 09:09 PM)Infinite Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 08:48 PM)flofrog Wrote: Loved Arrival.  So beautiful visually too

Moonlight.  pretty sublime

saw again one  of my tops :  The year of living dangerously.  love love love this one..  Wink

I watched "Arrival" today. So beautiful movie with some implicit spiritual messages. I saw the Law of One in the history. The message was clear: we need talk the same language, act like ONE.

peace, love and light.

2-3 days ago I was making a parallel to a friend with the alien timeless "united" language from Arrival and the drawing of one's birth chart as an also more timeless concept (encompasses your entire life) and also united in that you shouldn't view any portion as without the others but the thing as a whole only.

Was thinking about how limiting it is to only read a textual description rather than being able to interpret the drawing itself.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 02-25-2017

The Witch (2015) ★★★☆☆
Black Narcissus (1947) ★★★★☆
The Silence of the Lambs (1991) ★★★★☆
Maleficent (2014) ★★★★★
The Shallows (2016) ★★☆☆☆
Crimson Peak (2015) ★★★☆☆
Green Room (2015) ★★☆☆☆
Joy (2015) ★★★★☆
Hail, Caesar! (2016) ★★☆☆☆
Hannibal (2001) ★★☆☆☆
The Elephant Man (1980) ★★★★☆
Red Dragon (2002) ★★★☆☆
Eye in the Sky (2015) ★★★☆☆
The Infiltrator (2016) ★★★★☆
127 Hours (2010) ★★★★★
Mr. Nobody (2009) ★★★★★
Night at the Museum (2006) ★★☆☆☆
Do the Right Thing (1989) ★★★☆☆
The Neon Demon (2016) ★★☆☆☆
Star Trek Beyond (2016) ★★★★☆
The Nice Guys (2016) ★★☆☆☆
Imperium (2016) ★★☆☆☆
Free State of Jones (2016) ★★★★★
Ithaca (2015) ★★☆☆☆
Anthropoid (2016) ★★★★☆
Indignation (2016) ★★★★☆
Moonwalkers (2015) ★★★★☆
Pete's Dragon (2016) ★★★★☆
The BFG (2016) ★★★★☆
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016) ★★★★☆
Everest (2015) ★★★★☆
The Place Beyond the Pines (2012) ★★★★☆
The American Side (2016) ★★★☆☆
Blood Father(2016) ★★★☆☆
Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) ★★★★☆
War Dogs (2016) ★★★★★
Empire of the Sun (1987) ★★★★★
The Green Inferno (2013) ★☆☆☆☆
Don't Breathe (2016) ★★★★☆
Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) ★★★★☆
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016) ★★★★★
Valkyrie (2008) ★★★★☆
The Magnificent Seven (2016) ★★★★★
Hell or High Water (2016) ★★★★☆
Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) ★★★★☆
A Walk in the Woods (2015) ★★☆☆☆
Suicide Squad (2016) ★★★☆☆
Jason Bourne (2016) ★★★☆☆
Sully (2016) ★★★☆☆
Deepwater Horizon (2016) ★★★★☆
The Light Between Oceans (2016) ★★★★★
The Accountant (2016) ★★★★★
Storks (2016) ★★★★☆
The Lobster (2015) ★☆☆☆☆
Queen of Katwe (2016) ★★★★★
A Hologram for the King (2016) ★★★☆☆
Genius (2016) ★★★★☆
A Man Called Ove (2015) ★★★★★
Inferno (2016) ★★★☆☆
Snowden (2016) ★★★★★
The Handmaiden (2016) ★★★☆☆

RE: what movie did you last watch? - flofrog - 02-26-2017

saw last night, just awesome  Wink

RE: what movie did you last watch? - AnthroHeart - 02-26-2017

Spirit of the Forest

It's a kids 3d animated film which as bad reviews. But when I first saw it, it awakened me spiritually.
It's funny how things like that can awaken you. It was fun watching as it was like it was talking to me.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 03-21-2017

Doctor Strange (2016)

had a blast with this one.  Trippy visuals.  A real metaphor for what is possible when indigo ray development is taken to it's extremes.

Also nice that I've been reading Autobiography of a Yogi, and hearing the supposed 'real miracles and feats' of certain advanced adepts.

But Doctor Strange had a great 'origin story' arc.  A nice contrast to Spiderman getting 'rebooted' 3 times in this last decade and a half BigSmile

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 10:36 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: Doctor Strange (2016)

SYNCH!!!!!!! i just watched that too. i liked it so much i watched it twice before returning it to the library.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - isis - 03-23-2017

Passengers (2016)
Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
Allied (2016)
Moana (2016)

ALL GREAT

RE: what movie did you last watch? - sjel - 03-23-2017

Coraline. I really really liked it. I was mindlessly doing nothing a while ago and this caught my eye on Netflix, I immediately just went ahead an watched the whole thing. Great animation, great characters, FANTASTIC story, jeez.

Superb. I was intently watching it as a metaphor for the searching soul's attempts to break free of Maya, third density, and why they would go back in to the illusion (hint: it's to save others from being trapped - however, the plunge back in to the illusion is loads more dangerous than the first time).

Very cool, I do recommend.

RE: what [short animated] movie did you last watch? - Dekalb_Blues - 04-17-2017

~

Unexpectedly thoughtful treatment (given the seemingly unpromising superficialities of the thing) of fairly important realities 
involving human compassion rising to the fore even in the most extremely inhumane situations.

http://www.criticalcactus.com/survive-zombie-apocalypse/

[Image: 30b5adb8026e457a368d55663854a58d.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - plumerias - 05-02-2017

(09-07-2014, 11:15 PM)Stranger Wrote: I really enjoyed "Only Lovers Left Alive".  Before that, Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun!

guardians super fun, and the second one coming out this month...

RE: what movie did you last watch? - plumerias - 05-02-2017

(09-05-2014, 09:45 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: question as per title Smile

Just watched power of the heart, hidden figures, and thor (behind on the marvel movies and trying to watch them all in order...)

excited for the thich nhat hanh documentary "walk with me" coming out sometime this year, great back story by the directors on the film site, and beautiful trailer beginning with a line from his journal "fragrant palm leaves": "I knew early on that finding truth is not the same as finding happiness. You aspire to see the truth but once you have seen it you cannot avoid suffering. Otherwise you have seen nothing at all." (on point....) Heart

http://walkwithmefilm.com/

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Dekalb_Blues - 06-07-2017

~
[Image: flipper-sm-web.jpg]

[Image: TheTwonky.jpg]

TWO MORE FILMS OF GREAT MORAL UPLIFTINESS FOR ALL YOU ARTEESTS:

WASTEDLAND 2 (2016) Written and Directed by Andrew H. Shirley

In a post apocalyptic land, the last few remaining inhabitants are the spirit animals of graffiti writers. Three solitary vandals (WOLFTITS, AVOID, and SMELLS) meet each other while seeking out the meaning behind the enigmatic artwork left behind by UFO (another nomadic artist). Roaming from one decaying zone to the next, in a never ending search for beer, weed, and a wall to paint -- these artists form a pact with the other remaining desperate survivors (played by RAMBO, NOXER, EKG, and others). Through the practice of their ritualistic art they will seek to attain truth and ultimately receive the answer to the question of their futility -- “what’s the point?”
http://amadeusmag.com/blog/wastedland-2-pdx/
http://www.wweek.com/arts/movies/2017/04/18/post-apocalyptic-short-film-wastedland-2-is-teletubbies-meets-waiting-for-godot-with-spray-paint-cans/

[Image: banksy-cleveland-st-Copy.jpg]
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grafitti+banksy&t=h_&iar=images&iax=1&ia=images

[Image: 5c1b90.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Dekalb_Blues - 06-19-2017

~

[Image: photo.jpg]   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7fujFV_MuxTM0TuZrnE6Q

Published on F***kYouTube Apr 2, 2017
A film about love and regicide.

Made by myself over the course of 2 years.

---------------------------------
http://felixcolgrave.com

Cool

RE: what movie did you last watch? - sunnysideup - 08-07-2017

[Image: 300full-night-watch-poster.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Quan - 08-08-2017

Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2
Nice to see a movie have ET's that are postive and all working in unity with one another from across Galaxy.. well most that is! There needs to be the token Service to Self characters of course BigSmile

Camera Dolly Timelapse Short Films - Dekalb_Blues - 11-19-2017

~

https://fraia.xyz/watch/jRGvn-Lj6Ds 

Make your own home movies like this using various kinds of handy-dandy tech:

Cool

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Dekalb_Blues - 11-29-2017

~
[Image: MAD.gif]

Dracospiralling symbiotic reactionism in psywarfare -- a classic case study from California, ca. Yuletide, 1929:

Cool

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Minyatur - 02-20-2018

The movie got a bad rating but it's one of the movies that I think most impressed me in being without expectations.

A lot of wisdom and love in this movie, all while keeping it a comedy. I think it is consonant with the Law of One and Ra material to a somewhat impressive level also.

It's Gawd!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3122608/