Bring4th
what movie did you last watch? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: what movie did you last watch? (/showthread.php?tid=9894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Spaced - 06-25-2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/

RE: what movie did you last watch? - outerheaven - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 05:21 PM)Spaced Wrote: Anyone mention Dark City yet?

Was just going to recommend that for Monica.

Not a "great" film, but definitely a good one and an interesting one that definitely fits the criteria she's looking for. I liked it!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Bluebell - 06-25-2015

awesome movie. unfortunately it's only in spanish on utube.

(06-25-2015, 05:28 PM)outerheaven Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:21 PM)Spaced Wrote: Anyone mention Dark City yet?

Was just going to recommend that for Monica.

Not a "great" film, but definitely a good one and an interesting one that definitely fits the criteria she's looking for. I liked it!

it's a BLOODY GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@ :@ :@ Sad Sad Sad

it's AWESOME  Heart 

come to chat outie so we can duke it out! no one disses my favorite movies!

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Lighthead - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 04:27 PM)Icaro Wrote: They made a series out of it! Haven't seen it yet.

It looks like it could be good. But I'm a sort of 12 Monkeys "centrist." I really like the original actors and the original director (Terry Gilliam).

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Monica - 07-03-2015

We watched Source Code and The Adjustment Bureau and they both hit the spot! Thanks for the recommendations! Those were exactly what I was looking for...alternate reality theme but without the usual gratuitous sex and violence. We liked them both.

Some of the others suggested looked rather dark. I don't want to give any energy to bleak, apocalyptic themes unless they have some redeeming value.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - native - 07-06-2015

Mr. Robot is a series but figured I'd post it. So far, you can watch the first two episodes online. Pretty good! It's a show about conspiracy, and a group of hackers that set in motion wealth redistribution.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - darklight - 07-12-2015

Last night, I watched the movie The dark Crystal (1982).

A wonderful movie that shows STS and STO are in fact one.

Lol, the emperor BigSmile . In his last moments, he still doesn't want to loose his power.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Lighthead - 07-12-2015

I saw this movie last night. I'm not that into older movies, but I thought that this movie had a real good message. The message is at the end. See if you can spot it. It has to do with getting to know others. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.

[Image: 114c4d3bbb61aa7f7bd7edf353c1e2e7.jpg]

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Aion - 07-12-2015

The Dark Crystal is a classic.

I went and saw Inside Out, it was a marvelous metaphor for the development of human emotions and personality and that struggle that occurs when the identity has to be taken apart so that it can grow to the next level.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - anagogy - 07-13-2015

I went and saw Jurassic World. To be honest, I found it rather disappointing, and not even remotely as enjoyable as the original Jurassic Park (which I consider to be a masterpiece).

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Zach - 07-24-2015

Nightcrawler

The main character, played by Jake Gyllenhaal, plays the role of a (harvestable) STS individual working in the video production/news industry. Well made movie... but not the most uplifting.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Bluebell - 07-24-2015

(07-13-2015, 07:41 PM)anagogy Wrote: I went and saw Jurassic World.  To be honest, I found it rather disappointing, and not even remotely as enjoyable as the original Jurassic Park (which I consider to be a masterpiece).

ya it's hard to top that . though i did enjoy JP2 too, because it revolved around Ian's family.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - third-density-being - 07-25-2015

Hello,

I would like to propose You, Dear Other-Selves, movie titled The Riot Club (2014).

I’ve watched this one couple of months ago and it did stayed with me. It tell a story of a Being that may be seen as Service-to-Others, who is lured by Service-to-Self Entity into Service-to-Self Environment – through “tempting deception” presented in such a way, that Service-to-Others Being wanted to (if not even desired at some point) to be “There”.
I also think it shows inner drama of such deceived Entity, when it becomes clear for Him, what kind of Environment/Company He found Him-Self in/with.

All I have Best in me for You

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 07-30-2015

hmm.  Never heard of that one 3rd-Density-Being.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road last weekend.  Great action flick.  Didn't know they could make 'em like this anymore (haven't seen the new Jurassic Park, so can't speak to that.  But the remakes of Total Recall and Robocop were apparently pretty bad too).

Max Mad is all about the red-ray journey.  Survival.  Motion.  Activity.  Involvement and Investment.

"Firstly, the basic energy of so-called red ray. This ray may be understood to be the basic strengthening ray for each density. It shall never be condescended to as less important or productive of spiritual evolution, for it is the foundation ray."

great flick.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 08-07-2015

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)

have to be honest; I was expecting a baseball movie, and I got a singing movie Tongue

surprisingly well done, and executed from the heart.

a communion of individuals finding common purpose.  Really watchable.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 08-07-2015

Solaris (1972)

The Russian sci-fi classic.  Watched this over the last week.

Anyone who has any acquaintance with consciousness, will know what the 'ocean' represents in this film.

The Bach Organ prelude is used as a repeated asserting point of stability.

Psychological thriller.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Namaste - 08-07-2015

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Plenum - 08-08-2015

ah, that's an interesting one Namaste.  Saw that one.  Mars Smile

- -

Up in the Air (2009)

George Clooney is great in this one.  

I was expecting a more 'standard' film.  This one surprisingly delights.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - anagogy - 08-23-2015

I watched Hector and the Search for Happiness.  I quite enjoyed it and would recommend it.  Judging by critical reception, it is a highly polarizing movie.  You'll either love it or hate it.  

It really punches you in the feels.  Or at least, it did for me.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Bourbon Betty - 08-23-2015

Quite an experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNt0iVG2VOA

More or less the OST.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - APeacefulWarrior - 08-26-2015

I just re-watched Cloud Atlas for the third time, and it still hits me just as hard as the first time. I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread already, but it practically should be required viewing for this forum. It's easily one of the most beautiful and ultimately reaffirming movies made in a very long time.

From womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - rva_jeremy - 08-26-2015

Be Here to Love Me, a documentary about Townes Van Zandt. This is a fellow who understands well what it would mean to call oneself a Brother or Sister of Sorrow.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - APeacefulWarrior - 08-26-2015

Hey Jeremy6d, if you like music documentaries, I would highly recommend one called Searching For Sugar Man. It's about a little-known early-70s American folk singer who was totally overlooked here, but through a quirk of fate became hugely popular in South Africa during their civil rights struggle and was\is regarded by them in the same way people in the US and Britain talk about Bob Dylan. In the meantime, the artist -simply named Rodriguez- faded into complete obscurity.

It's a bit slow at first, but it tells a darn good story and it's a rare docu where spoilers are actually an issue. And there's fantastic music throughout if you like folk of that era. Plus, there's something kind of amazing about the idea of a someone becoming a cultural icon and affecting millions of lives without ever really knowing about it.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - upensmoke - 08-26-2015

it wasn't the last movie i watched, but i recommend law of the sun. I Feel its somewhat similar to the Law of One. I also feel its geared much more towards children, but i still liked it

RE: what movie did you last watch? - Monica - 08-26-2015

(07-13-2015, 07:41 PM)anagogy Wrote: I went and saw Jurassic World.  To be honest, I found it rather disappointing, and not even remotely as enjoyable as the original Jurassic Park (which I consider to be a masterpiece).

I agree totally. My hubby and I both loved the first one, were disappointed with the other sequels, but this new one is the worst. Just awful. The first one was pretty near perfect.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - APeacefulWarrior - 08-28-2015

So I've been on something of a kick recently for movies with a reincarnation gimmick, and I rewatched one of my favorite 80s movies that no one remembers these days: "Dead Again," starring Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson, with Derek Jacobi, Wayne Knight, Andy Garcia, and Robin Williams costarring. It's a really neat neo-noir involving a detective trying to help an amnesiac rediscover her identity and, in the process, it starts to look like they're the reincarnates of doomed lovers from the 40s. As things develop, they grow increasingly paranoid that the other may end up repeating history, deliberately or not...

It's well-shot and well-acted, the scoring is fantastic, and it's got a truly unique script that has a lot of great twists. There isn't much spiritual value and discussions of karma are typically shallow (given when it was made) but it's a really fun ride just for the story and characters.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - anagogy - 08-28-2015

If you like zombie movies, I recommend this Aussie zombie flick.  Not too shabby.

RE: what movie did you last watch? - zvonimir - 08-29-2015

Dear friends,if you already haven't seen it pls try

http://www.filmovita.com/the-best-offer-2013/

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1924396/