Ra's Statements About 2D Entities
03-19-2015, 07:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM by Elros.)
RE: Ra's Statements About 2D Entities
Monica your perception of 2D entities is very true and I never meant to say otherwise which is why I tend to go off-topic as I have a belief we ought to learn more from this sphere and all of it's experiences as a whole rather than to change it's ways. One being the purpose we've given ourselves before incarnating and the other what the experience will really bring.

I will stop interfering with the thread, you have a beautiful soul and are radiating your love for your other-selves which I would dare not speak against.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Elros's post:
Nicholas
03-19-2015, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 07:56 PM by Elros.)
(03-19-2015, 07:45 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 07:32 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  I also do believe in multiple timelines but what I meant apply to the whole of it from my perspective. If a timeline has set for itself to experience rape, it will. If a timeline has set for itself to experience almost being raped, it will. From my perspective Time happens all at once, the linear experience of time is the illusion of experience.

Are you saying that a timeline makes choices?

The whole timeline transcends it's own time, that is my belief and is where I perceive free will. Without this, to me One Intelligent Infinity would be a paradoxe to Itself.

To me every suffering comes from a will to experience it for the experience to bring greater understanding of Love to Infinity. It is a sacrifice not all path wished to experience to the same degree.

To me a greater awareness of things can only permit one to perceive that there is nothing that is not Light and Love in Itself as everything exists for that purpose.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
03-19-2015, 07:57 PM,
(03-19-2015, 07:48 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  Monica your perception of 2D entities is very true

OK thanks for your feedback! Smile

(03-19-2015, 07:48 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  I will stop interfering with the thread,

Your ideas have value! I'm just trying to stay on-topic, since this particular topic could easily veer off into the muck, as others have done.

(03-19-2015, 07:48 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  you have a beautiful soul and are radiating your love for your other-selves which I would dare not speak against.

Aww...thanks Sweetie! Heart
The following 1 user Likes Monica's post:
Nicholas
03-19-2015, 08:43 PM,
(03-19-2015, 12:24 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 12:50 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  Here's an even other excerpt from the Ra material that you might like. You may or may not have already quoted this. Check this out:

Quote:84.2 Questioner: In the last session you mentioned least distorted complex protein in that the body complex of the instrument was capable of greatly increased distortion. Would you define the protein of which you spoke and we would like to know, increased distortion in which direction, towards health or ill-health?

Ra: I am Ra. We were, in the cautionary statement about complex protein, referring to the distortions of the animal protein which has been slaughtered and preservatives added in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material. It is well to attempt to find those items which are fresh and of the best quality possible in order to avoid increasing this particular entity’s distortions which may be loosely termed allergic.

We were speaking of the distortion towards disease which is potential at this space/time.

Yes, that particular quote has been presented in other threads, usually with the interpretation that it was the added preservatives that were the problem. But, it was a direct response to a question about Carla in particular, and specifically about Carla's particular allergic response, and says nothing about the consciousness of 2D entities or about the spiritual or karmic implications of dietary choices.

It looks like it says slaughtered to me. But if other people have disregarded it then they must know something I don't know. Big Grin
03-19-2015, 10:15 PM,
(03-19-2015, 08:43 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 12:24 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 12:50 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  Here's an even other excerpt from the Ra material that you might like. You may or may not have already quoted this. Check this out:

Quote:84.2 Questioner: In the last session you mentioned least distorted complex protein in that the body complex of the instrument was capable of greatly increased distortion. Would you define the protein of which you spoke and we would like to know, increased distortion in which direction, towards health or ill-health?

Ra: I am Ra. We were, in the cautionary statement about complex protein, referring to the distortions of the animal protein which has been slaughtered and preservatives added in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material. It is well to attempt to find those items which are fresh and of the best quality possible in order to avoid increasing this particular entity’s distortions which may be loosely termed allergic.

We were speaking of the distortion towards disease which is potential at this space/time.

Yes, that particular quote has been presented in other threads, usually with the interpretation that it was the added preservatives that were the problem. But, it was a direct response to a question about Carla in particular, and specifically about Carla's particular allergic response, and says nothing about the consciousness of 2D entities or about the spiritual or karmic implications of dietary choices.

It looks like it says slaughtered to me. But if other people have disregarded it then they must know something I don't know. Big Grin

I'm with you! The term slaughtered distinguishes animal protein from non-dead sources (eggs and dairy) meaning that animal protein from slaughtered sources is...MEAT!

Ra is clearly distinguishing dead animals (meat) from other animal proteins. Very interesting what follows next: in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material.

Lighthead, do you have any thoughts on what Ra meant about this, in the context of the topic? Maybe I misinterpreted your reason for posting it. Whenever people brought it up before, it was to argue the point that it was only the preservatives that were unhealthy.
Lighthead
03-19-2015, 10:47 PM,
(03-19-2015, 10:15 PM)Monica Wrote:  I'm with you! The term slaughtered distinguishes animal protein from non-dead sources (eggs and dairy) meaning that animal protein from slaughtered sources is...MEAT!

Ra is clearly distinguishing dead animals (meat) from other animal proteins. Very interesting what follows next: in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material.

Lighthead, do you have any thoughts on what Ra meant about this, in the context of the topic? Maybe I misinterpreted your reason for posting it. Whenever people brought it up before, it was to argue the point that it was only the preservatives that were unhealthy.

This seems like a personnal judgement from Ra about living animals being slaugthered into non-living physical material which will disposed of without a care if the acceptability to our peoples is not maintained. 

03-19-2015, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 11:00 PM by Lighthead.)
(03-19-2015, 10:15 PM)Monica Wrote:  I'm with you! The term slaughtered distinguishes animal protein from non-dead sources (eggs and dairy) meaning that animal protein from slaughtered sources is...MEAT

My interpretation of it is that Ra is implying that, since the animals are slaughtered, the animals are traumatized in a very real way. I think that as entities, this trauma is harmful to them. And since this trauma is harmful to them (the animals), it must lead to a negative polarization of the person eating it. In other words, eating meat might not be harmful to someone who is Service-to-Self (if anything, the opposite), but instead, harmful to someone who's goal is positive polarization.

I think that the people who put more emphasis on what Ra says about preservatives don't like to accept the full ramifications of the harm that they are doing. Since they like to think of themselves as Service-to-Others, they don't want to even fathom the idea that they are doing anything that might in any way lead them off that path. I don't like that, because that means that they are misleading themselves, and especially others. That really leads to negative polarization.
The following 3 users Like Lighthead's post:
Elros, Monica, Saiyan
03-19-2015, 11:53 PM,
(03-19-2015, 10:58 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  My interpretation of it is that Ra is implying that, since the animals are slaughtered, the animals are traumatized in a very real way. I think that as entities, this trauma is harmful to them. And since this trauma is harmful to them (the animals), it must lead to a negative polarization of the person eating it. In other words, eating meat might not be harmful to someone who is Service-to-Self (if anything, the opposite), but instead, harmful to someone who's goal is positive polarization.

I think that the people who put more emphasis on what Ra says about preservatives don't like to accept the full ramifications of the harm that they are doing. Since they like to think of themselves as Service-to-Others, they don't want to even fathom the idea that they are doing anything that might in any way lead them off that path. I don't like that, because that means that they are misleading themselves, and especially others. That really leads to negative polarization.

Well said!

You mentioned trauma. How do you know that being slaughtered is traumatic to them? And what does this indicate about their evolutionary state, in regards to them being mind/body complexes?
03-20-2015, 12:33 AM,
(03-19-2015, 11:53 PM)Monica Wrote:  Well said! You mentioned trauma. How do you know that being slaughtered is traumatic to them? And what does this indicate about their evolutionary state, in regards to them being mind/body complexes?

I'm just basing my information on what the Ra material says (regarding trauma). I'm not sure if they're aware enough that their personality would disintegrate (the way Ra says happened to others in the Law of One material). But I would say that it probably slows down their evolutionary rate.
03-20-2015, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 12:39 AM by Elros.)
(03-20-2015, 12:33 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 11:53 PM)Monica Wrote:  Well said! You mentioned trauma. How do you know that being slaughtered is traumatic to them? And what does this indicate about their evolutionary state, in regards to them being mind/body complexes?

I'm just basing my information on what the Ra material says (regarding trauma). I'm not sure if they're aware enough that their personality would disintegrate (the way Ra says happened to others in the Law of One material). But I would say that it probably slows down their evolutionary rate.

It can also accelerate it at a later time. This sphere with it's perpetual state of 3D mixed polarity would probably provide a quick 4D STO evolution in that every soul will become aware of all the different roles they've played upon this sphere just as all the contradictory perspectives they've had in different incarnations. It may take some time to sort out but there will be much material to learn from.

03-20-2015, 07:31 AM,
(03-19-2015, 10:58 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(03-19-2015, 10:15 PM)Monica Wrote:  I'm with you! The term slaughtered distinguishes animal protein from non-dead sources (eggs and dairy) meaning that animal protein from slaughtered sources is...MEAT

My interpretation of it is that Ra is implying that, since the animals are slaughtered, the animals are traumatized in a very real way. I think that as entities, this trauma is harmful to them. And since this trauma is harmful to them (the animals), it must lead to a negative polarization of the person eating it. In other words, eating meat might not be harmful to someone who is Service-to-Self (if anything, the opposite), but instead, harmful to someone who's goal is positive polarization.

Lighthead, Monica has repeatedly requested that this thread be kept on topic, and not about eating meat. Please keep it on topic!  

Otherwise it will probably turn into another thread about what people eat rather than the consciousness of animals.
May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
03-20-2015, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM by Monica.)
(03-20-2015, 07:31 AM)Shemaya Wrote:  Lighthead, Monica has repeatedly requested that this thread be kept on topic, and not about eating meat. Please keep it on topic!  

Otherwise it will probably turn into another thread about what people eat rather than the consciousness of animals.

To clarify: The topic of this thread is Ra's Statements About 2D Entities. That particular comment by Lighthead was in direct response to a statement by Ra, so it was fine. The topic of eating animals isn't taboo here on this thread, and in fact is definitely relevant to the topic of animal consciousness. I just ask that it be directly relevant to something Ra has said, rather than getting sidetracked into more arguing.
03-20-2015, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM by Monica.)
(03-20-2015, 12:33 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  I'm just basing my information on what the Ra material says (regarding trauma). I'm not sure if they're aware enough that their personality would disintegrate (the way Ra says happened to others in the Law of One material). But I would say that it probably slows down their evolutionary rate.

My guess is that it would actually accelerate their evolutionary rate, because of the intensity of the trauma. But, in the direction of STS.

The reason I conclude this is what we know about severe abuse of human children causing a predisposition towards being a sociopath. It stands to reason that the same might be true of our younger other-selves. The video posted in the OP, and the article posted by Diana (both linked here in this thread) both show that the mechanism for feeling intense emotions is the same in animals as in humans.

Thus, it stands to reason that their response would be the same.

On the other hand, we are also seeing an increase in animals showing compassion and 'human-like' forethought and consideration towards other animals, even across the divide of species, something hitherto unobserved. So, apparently, some of these animals are beginning their polarization to STO, and that appears to be accelerating rapidly...so rapidly that it's astonishing!

But those cases are few and far between. I've seen perhaps a dozen of such videos. Surely there are many more that haven't been caught on camera, but compared to the many billions of entities being traumatized, the number being observed as having accelerated STO polarity is miniscule indeed.

As with humans, it's likely that polarization can happen in either direction, in response to extreme trauma. We all know of cases of humans who were severely abused, yet turned into beautiful, compassionate people, rather than sociopaths. But scientific research has shown that the likelihood of that happening is very small, under certain circumstances having to do with whether they had any opportunity to bond with another human by a certain age. Surely, some humans override that, due to their free will and the invincibility of the human spirit. But even so, the end result is that the likelihood of severely abused children, who never had an opportunity for healing by a certain age, to become sociopaths is extremely high.

(Please note that one can be a sociopath and never commit any crimes. Sociopath doesn't necessarily mean psychopath. But it does indicate an armored, blocked heart, and a strong leaning in the direction of STS. A sociopath is defined by their lack of conscience, lack of empathy; ie., a closed heart.) It logically follows that the extreme cruelty towards our younger other-selves is, likewise, creating a huge population of strongly STS-biased entities...somewhere.

So, where are all those billions of traumatized, likely sociopathic, STS entities going when they graduate to 3D?
The following 2 users Like Monica's post:
Enyiah, Nicholas
03-20-2015, 12:22 PM,
(03-20-2015, 12:33 AM)Lighthead Wrote:  I'm just basing my information on what the Ra material says (regarding trauma). I'm not sure if they're aware enough that their personality would disintegrate (the way Ra says happened to others in the Law of One material).

I'd say that they're definitely aware enough. Living their entire lives in constant pain and misery is some pretty intense catalyst...definitely triggering self-awareness. If anything will jolt an already-partially-aware mind/body complex into acute self-awareness, it's being tortured and brutally slaughtered.

What kind of bias (in terms of polarity) is being imprinted on the consciousness of this young soul, by this trauma?
03-20-2015, 12:26 PM,
Is there not a healing time in the inner planes for traumas to heal?

03-20-2015, 12:45 PM,
Yeah, I thought a lot of entities get healing in the inner planes before moving on.
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2015, 01:25 PM,
(03-20-2015, 12:26 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  Is there not a healing time in the inner planes for traumas to heal?

That's a good question. What do we really know about that? We know that the Confederation helped heal the traumatized entities after nuclear explosions...we know that Hitler's soul was fragmented and is now in a healing process.

But, we also know that traumas carry over from lifetime to lifetime. There are plenty of people who remember past lives, usually because of trauma. There aren't too many past life memories of idyllic lives, but there are lots of them of people who got murdered or experienced some other intense trauma.

We also know from Ra that a bias towards STS or STO can occur in late 2D. What causes that bias? Catalyst, surely.

Not all trauma will cause a bias in the direction of STS. Everyone has experienced trauma in their lives, to some degree or another. But it is a particular kind of trauma - severe abuse, without emotional bonding, specifically - that can strongly influence human children into becoming sociopathic (polarizing STS).

A certain percentage of sociopaths weren't abused as children. So, apparently, whatever caused it happened in a past life and was carried over, meaning that they weren't healed in the inner planes.

Regardless, even if we knew that all traumatized souls would be healed in the inner planes - we know that doesn't happen, but even IF it did - do we want to be the ones traumatizing those souls?
03-20-2015, 01:27 PM,
(03-20-2015, 12:45 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote:  Yeah, I thought a lot of entities get healing in the inner planes before moving on.

Maybe to some degree, but not enough to completely offset the trauma from the last life. If that were true, then we wouldn't have karmic patterns carrying over to the next life. We surely do carry over karmic patterns, so that means that any healing in the inner planes is very limited.
03-20-2015, 01:32 PM,
(03-20-2015, 12:38 AM)Minyatur Wrote:  It can also accelerate it at a later time. This sphere with it's perpetual state of 3D mixed polarity would probably provide a quick 4D STO evolution in that every soul will become aware of all the different roles they've played upon this sphere just as all the contradictory perspectives they've had in different incarnations. It may take some time to sort out but there will be much material to learn from.

I personally think that anything that happens in 2D is too far in the past to affect anything near 4D. I think that the evolutionary state in 2D slows down for a bit, but the trauma is more or less forgotten by the time of 3D experience. It's just the slowing down while in 2D that is a shame. Things could have happened much quicker.
03-20-2015, 01:34 PM,
Are all sociopaths dangerous, or do some keep to themselves?

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
03-20-2015, 01:39 PM,
Sociopath is a word given to a set of behaviours and tendencies.
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2015, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 01:45 PM by Monica.)
(03-20-2015, 01:34 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote:  Are all sociopaths dangerous, or do some keep to themselves?

I did some research on this awhile back. While some turn out to be serial killers, apparently many of them blend into society and are only recognized by the trail of broken hearts and cheated business associates.

How to Spot a Sociopath

Lighthead
03-20-2015, 01:48 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:27 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-20-2015, 12:45 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote:  Yeah, I thought a lot of entities get healing in the inner planes before moving on.

Maybe to some degree, but not enough to completely offset the trauma from the last life. If that were true, then we wouldn't have karmic patterns carrying over to the next life. We surely do carry over karmic patterns, so that means that any healing in the inner planes is very limited.

If I remember correctly, the healing was taking place until the soul was ready for another incarnation.

03-20-2015, 01:49 PM,
(03-20-2015, 11:03 AM)Monica Wrote:  My guess is that it would actually accelerate their evolutionary rate, because of the intensity of the trauma. But, in the direction of STS.

The reason I conclude this is what we know about severe abuse of human children causing a predisposition towards being a sociopath. It stands to reason that the same might be true of our younger other-selves. The video posted in the OP, and the article posted by Diana (both linked here in this thread) both show that the mechanism for feeling intense emotions is the same in animals as in humans.

Thus, it stands to reason that their response would be the same.

On the other hand, we are also seeing an increase in animals showing compassion and 'human-like' forethought and consideration towards other animals, even across the divide of species, something hitherto unobserved. So, apparently, some of these animals are beginning their polarization to STO, and that appears to be accelerating rapidly...so rapidly that it's astonishing!

But those cases are few and far between. I've seen perhaps a dozen of such videos. Surely there are many more that haven't been caught on camera, but compared to the many billions of entities being traumatized, the number being observed as having accelerated STO polarity is miniscule indeed.

As with humans, it's likely that polarization can happen in either direction, in response to extreme trauma. We all know of cases of humans who were severely abused, yet turned into beautiful, compassionate people, rather than sociopaths. But scientific research has shown that the likelihood of that happening is very small, under certain circumstances having to do with whether they had any opportunity to bond with another human by a certain age. Surely, some humans override that, due to their free will and the invincibility of the human spirit. But even so, the end result is that the likelihood of severely abused children, who never had an opportunity for healing by a certain age, to become sociopaths is extremely high.

(Please note that one can be a sociopath and never commit any crimes. Sociopath doesn't necessarily mean psychopath. But it does indicate an armored, blocked heart, and a strong leaning in the direction of STS. A sociopath is defined by their lack of conscience, lack of empathy; ie., a closed heart.) It logically follows that the extreme cruelty towards our younger other-selves is, likewise, creating a huge population of strongly STS-biased entities...somewhere.

So, where are all those billions of traumatized, likely sociopathic, STS entities going when they graduate to 3D?

What you said is interesting, but I think that it may be a little different from what Ra has stated. Check it out:

Quote:19.15 Questioner: Then the newest third-density beings who’ve just made the transition from second are still strongly biased towards self-service. There must be many other mechanisms to create an awareness of the possibility of service to others.

I am wondering, first— two things. I’m wondering about the mechanism and I am wondering when the split takes place where the entity is able to continue on the road towards service to self that will eventually take him to fourth or fifth density.

I would assume that an entity can continue— can start, say, in second density with service totally to self and continue right on through and just stay on what we would call the path of service to self and never ever be pulled over. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The second-density concept of serving self includes the serving of those associated with tribe or pack. This is not seen in second density as separation of self and other-self. All is seen as self since in some forms of second-density entities, if the tribe or pack becomes weakened, so does the entity within the tribe or pack.

The new or initial third-density entity has this innocent, shall we say, bias or distortion towards viewing those in the family, the society, as you would call, perhaps, country, as self. Thus though a distortion not helpful for progress in third density, it is without polarity.

The break becomes apparent when the entity perceives other-selves as other-selves and consciously determines to manipulate other-selves for the benefit of the self. This is the beginning of the road of which you speak.

Now the only thing that I can think about is that this channeled material was affected by a general bias that people had in the early 80s against having a true empathy towards animals. In other words, Ra may have wanted to say something that would have been perceived as "humanitarian" towards animals, but the general climate of thought at that time prevented it from coming out that way.

I suspect that this may be the case since Ra also makes a statement that can be perceived as viewing homosexuality as somewhat unnatural. Look here:

Quote:31.8 Questioner: We have what seems to be an increasing number of entities incarnate here now who have what is called a homosexual orientation in this respect. Could you explain and expand upon that concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

I just want to make it clear that I'm not calling Carla a biased person. It's just that the society at that time very likely had an impact on the channeled material. I would also say that Ra most likely understood that there were certain things that were not perceived as appropriate at that time. Generally speaking.
The following 1 user Likes Lighthead's post:
Monica
03-20-2015, 01:50 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:32 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  
(03-20-2015, 12:38 AM)Minyatur Wrote:  It can also accelerate it at a later time. This sphere with it's perpetual state of 3D mixed polarity would probably provide a quick 4D STO evolution in that every soul will become aware of all the different roles they've played upon this sphere just as all the contradictory perspectives they've had in different incarnations. It may take some time to sort out but there will be much material to learn from.

I personally think that anything that happens in 2D is too far in the past to affect anything near 4D. I think that the evolutionary state in 2D slows down for a bit, but the trauma is more or less forgotten by the time of 3D experience. It's just the slowing down while in 2D that is a shame. Things could have happened much quicker.

The 2D experience can shape the 3D experience which can shape the 4D experience in my opinion. Maybe the animal slaughter creates native 3D negative-oriented entities which in turn perpetuate the 3D mixed-polarity experience. Everything has a cause and effect.

The following 1 user Likes Elros's post:
Monica
03-20-2015, 01:52 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:48 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  If I remember correctly, the healing was taking place until the soul was ready for another incarnation.

Yes, you're right. Apparently, just enough healing to allow another incarnation, but not enough to completely offset the trauma. If everything was healed in the inner planes, then there'd be no need to incarnate again!
Lighthead
03-20-2015, 01:58 PM,
(03-20-2015, 12:22 PM)Monica Wrote:  I'd say that they're definitely aware enough. Living their entire lives in constant pain and misery is some pretty intense catalyst...definitely triggering self-awareness. If anything will jolt an already-partially-aware mind/body complex into acute self-awareness, it's being tortured and brutally slaughtered.

What kind of bias (in terms of polarity) is being imprinted on the consciousness of this young soul, by this trauma?

I very likely misspoke. What I meant to say is not that they're not aware enough, but that they have a different type of awareness than 3rd density beings. I can't remember where it is, but Ra at one point mentions that the main difference in 3rd density from other densities (including 2nd density) is the veiled experience. So you could almost assume that, to a certain extent, animals have a knowledge of the Source to fall back upon.

The only thing that makes me think I'm wrong is that Ra specifically stated that meat that is slaughtered is impure because of the basic trauma. It almost seems contradictory to me. I can't reconcile the two ideas.

I don't know. I guess I sort of plead ignorance.
The following 1 user Likes Lighthead's post:
Monica
03-20-2015, 02:03 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:25 PM)Monica Wrote:  We also know from Ra that a bias towards STS or STO can occur in late 2D. What causes that bias? Catalyst, surely.

Not all trauma will cause a bias in the direction of STS.

What evidence do you have from the Ra material that this is the case? I'm not trying to argue; I'm genuinely curious.
03-20-2015, 02:11 PM,
1D should have a great importance also. Not necessarily about the polarization in itself but the manner of being of entities.

03-20-2015, 02:22 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What you said is interesting, but I think that it may be a little different from what Ra has stated. Check it out:

Quote:19.15 Questioner: Then the newest third-density beings who’ve just made the transition from second are still strongly biased towards self-service. There must be many other mechanisms to create an awareness of the possibility of service to others.

I am wondering, first— two things. I’m wondering about the mechanism and I am wondering when the split takes place where the entity is able to continue on the road towards service to self that will eventually take him to fourth or fifth density.

I would assume that an entity can continue— can start, say, in second density with service totally to self and continue right on through and just stay on what we would call the path of service to self and never ever be pulled over. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The second-density concept of serving self includes the serving of those associated with tribe or pack. This is not seen in second density as separation of self and other-self. All is seen as self since in some forms of second-density entities, if the tribe or pack becomes weakened, so does the entity within the tribe or pack.

The new or initial third-density entity has this innocent, shall we say, bias or distortion towards viewing those in the family, the society, as you would call, perhaps, country, as self. Thus though a distortion not helpful for progress in third density, it is without polarity.

The break becomes apparent when the entity perceives other-selves as other-selves and consciously determines to manipulate other-selves for the benefit of the self. This is the beginning of the road of which you speak.

Can you explain what you see as a contradiction? I'm not following you.

My interpretation of the part you bolded is that Ra was explaining that 2D entities have a very strong collective consciousness. This is still seen, even in 3D: Just notice the strong 'us vs them' mentality that humans display, when they identify strongly with a country, religion, political party, or even football team! This is that 'herd mentality' carrying over, even into 3D!

This herd mentality is clearly still present, especially in pack animals, but being that it is also present in 3D humans, it doesn't seem to preclude individuation/sentience/development of mind/body complex. In other words, the herd mentality can coexist with sentience. (Just look at any rabid football fan!)

If we reconcile your bolded quote with this one:

Quote:19.14 Questioner: Then we have second-density beings who have primarily motivation towards service to self and possibly a little bit of service to others with respect to their immediate families going into third density and carrying this bias with them but being in a position now where this bias will slowly be modified to one which is aimed toward a social complex and then ultimately toward union with the all. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct.

...this seems to indicate that the herd mentality can also spawn the first glimmerings of STO behavior.

Please let me know what you think, after taking both quotes into consideration.

(03-20-2015, 01:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  Now the only thing that I can think about is that this channeled material was affected by a general bias that people had in the early 80s against having a true empathy towards animals. In other words, Ra may have wanted to say something that would have been perceived as "humanitarian" towards animals, but the general climate of thought at that time prevented it from coming out that way.

That's a very astute observation. My opinion is that the Ra Material is less distorted than any other channeled material I've read, but it's still distorted, to some degree. Even Ra admitted that they were just trying to minimize distortion, seemingly implying that it wasn't possible to eliminate distortion altogether.

The Q'uo material has much more distortion, in my opinion. There is a wealth of golden nuggets in the Q'uo material, but completely undistorted? No. Nothing is completely undistorted.

Add to that, that Ra was being very cautious - maybe overly cautious - about infringement, after their experience with the Egyptians.

(03-20-2015, 01:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I suspect that this may be the case since Ra also makes a statement that can be perceived as viewing homosexuality as somewhat unnatural. Look here:

Quote:31.8 Questioner: We have what seems to be an increasing number of entities incarnate here now who have what is called a homosexual orientation in this respect. Could you explain and expand upon that concept?

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

Yes, good point! And, if I remember correctly, Ra even said it was difficult for a homosexual person to graduate! Interestingly, Carla said (in Book V, I think it was) that that was one of the few statements by Ra that she disagreed with. So, if that particular distortion (if it is in fact a distortion, which I think it is) didn't come from one of Carla's biases, where did it come from?

(03-20-2015, 01:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I just want to make it clear that I'm not calling Carla a biased person. It's just that the society at that time very likely had an impact on the channeled material. I would also say that Ra most likely understood that there were certain things that were not perceived as appropriate at that time. Generally speaking.

Well everyone has biases, including Carla. (Even Ra admits to an STO bias!) I know that she tried very hard to be as clear as possible when channeling, and that is to her credit, surely, but I don't think any channeled material is completely free of bias. It's inevitable that it will be colored somewhat, by the person channeling.

As we've seen by the heated debates here, and how easily people get their buttons pushed by discussion of this topic, could that also have been a factor? Ra had to make decisions, to accomplish their objective.