Ra's Statements About 2D Entities
03-20-2015, 02:24 PM,
RE: Ra's Statements About 2D Entities
(03-20-2015, 02:03 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What evidence do you have from the Ra material that this is the case? I'm not trying to argue; I'm genuinely curious.

Here:

Quote:19.14 Questioner: Then we have second-density beings who have primarily motivation towards service to self and possibly a little bit of service to others with respect to their immediate families going into third density and carrying this bias with them but being in a position now where this bias will slowly be modified to one which is aimed toward a social complex and then ultimately toward union with the all. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Monica's post:
Lighthead
03-20-2015, 02:28 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-20-2015, 02:03 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What evidence do you have from the Ra material that this is the case? I'm not trying to argue; I'm genuinely curious.

Here:

Quote:19.14 Questioner: Then we have second-density beings who have primarily motivation towards service to self and possibly a little bit of service to others with respect to their immediate families going into third density and carrying this bias with them but being in a position now where this bias will slowly be modified to one which is aimed toward a social complex and then ultimately toward union with the all. Am I correct?

Wow... You get the, 'you blew my mind for the year' award, because you totally just blew my mind with that. I've never once seen that in the Ra material. I guess there's a first for everything. Case is closed. Animals are affected.
The following 1 user Likes Lighthead's post:
Monica
03-20-2015, 02:29 PM,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/ohio-state-football-riot_n_6463620.html

Developing ability to connect to Source
My Book: http://www.thewarlockname.com
My Forum: http://www.anthroshaman.com
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Monica
03-20-2015, 02:32 PM,
(03-20-2015, 01:50 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  The 2D experience can shape the 3D experience which can shape the 4D experience in my opinion. Maybe the animal slaughter creates native 3D negative-oriented entities which in turn perpetuate the 3D mixed-polarity experience. Everything has a cause and effect.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking that the extremely high numbers, along with drastically more cruel practices in factory farms (mutilation without anesthesia, being confined in a tiny crate, unable to even turn around, for their entire lives, continual raping and taking away their babies, only to be raped again, overcrowding, artificially accelerated growth to the point of constant pain and crippling, etc.) has created an unprecedented scenario, which may result in an exponentially higher percentage of 2D entities graduating into 3D with a much stronger STS bias.

The question then becomes: Do we care? Do humans have any karmic responsibility for their part in supporting a much higher influx of negatively polarized 3D graduates?
03-20-2015, 02:33 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:11 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  1D should have a great importance also. Not necessarily about the polarization in itself but the manner of being of entities.

Not sure I follow you. Can you explain?
03-20-2015, 02:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 02:37 PM by Monica.)
(03-20-2015, 01:58 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What I meant to say is not that they're not aware enough, but that they have a different type of awareness than 3rd density beings. I can't remember where it is, but Ra at one point mentions that the main difference in 3rd density from other densities (including 2nd density) is the veiled experience. So you could almost assume that, to a certain extent, animals have a knowledge of the Source to fall back upon.

Good point! I wonder how that factors in.

(03-20-2015, 01:58 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  The only thing that makes me think I'm wrong is that Ra specifically stated that meat that is slaughtered is impure because of the basic trauma. It almost seems contradictory to me. I can't reconcile the two ideas.

I don't know. I guess I sort of plead ignorance.

I don't know either. We'll have to ponder that...

Lighthead
03-20-2015, 02:39 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Monica Wrote:  

Here:

How strange. That question is right before the one I just quoted.
03-20-2015, 02:40 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:39 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  How strange. That question is right before the one I just quoted.

Yeah, amazing how we can reread the Material and see things we missed before. It's deep stuff, eh?

The following 2 users Like Monica's post:
Lighthead, Nicholas
03-20-2015, 02:46 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:40 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-20-2015, 02:39 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  How strange. That question is right before the one I just quoted.

Yeah, amazing how we can reread the Material and see things we missed before. It's deep stuff, eh?

I'm just awed by the synchronicity of it. The question that was important was the one right before the one I just quoted. The universe really is strange. And sacred.
Monica
03-20-2015, 02:53 PM,
(03-20-2015, 02:33 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-20-2015, 02:11 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  1D should have a great importance also. Not necessarily about the polarization in itself but the manner of being of entities.

Not sure I follow you. Can you explain?

Have you never seen an association of yourself with an element?

Quote:28.14 Questioner: Is there any reason for some portions being much more efficient in learning?

Ra: I am Ra. Is there any reason for some to learn more quickly than others? Look, if you wish, to the function of the will … the, shall we say, attraction to the upward spiraling line of light.

If you look at this statement and apply it to up from 1D up to 3D, you can see different types of people defined by the essence and function of their will as their attraction to the upward spiraling line of light. For exemple, Earth elements are heavily grounded and need to be molded by the others elements to experience change and catalysts. Having a tendency toward being mutable and unmutable plays a role in how quickly one learns as it is a function of the will and can have been around for quite a lengthy time. 

I'm not sure how much time our souls spent in 1D, but I'm pretty sure it amounts to a long time and should have to say a lot about us. If we had no veil, we would probably have memories of those times.
03-20-2015, 03:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 03:13 PM by Elros.)
From my perspective, the essence of the soul is that which remembers all of it's mind/body/spirit complexes but the mind/body/spirit complex as a whole does not. The mind/body knows not the spirit's past just as the mind/spirit knows not the body's past yet what they have brought can be perceived as a mix. I guess the mind simply emerges from both these lines entangling for a while.

From my understanding the body can be perceived as an entity of itself, treat it well and it will give you a pleasant experience or treat it badly and it won't stick around you in this dream that we call reality. Probably high level 1D.

Edit : The mind should also be an entity but I'm having trouble perceiving how. Maybe as electrical particles.
03-20-2015, 07:41 PM,
I've been studying this thread by going back to the OP and looking at certain posts. You have a really good thread here. It certainly opened my eyes. I'd say that it's definitely one of those life-changing threads.

Thanks!

Heart
The following 3 users Like Lighthead's post:
isis, Monica, Nicholas
03-20-2015, 07:44 PM,
(03-20-2015, 07:41 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I've been studying this thread by going back to the OP and looking at certain posts. You have a really good thread here. It certainly opened my eyes. I'd say that it's definitely one of those life-changing threads.

Thanks!

Heart

Wow! Cool! Smile  I'm glad someone has gotten some value out of it!  Heart

---
Lighthead
03-20-2015, 07:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 07:55 PM by Diana.)
(03-19-2015, 12:33 AM)Monica Wrote:  Ra sees fit to answer the call of 2D entities. 2D entities begin their polarization. What direction is that cow or pig likely to polarize in?

What causes a child to become a sociopath? Lack of bonding, coupled with abuse. This is well established.

Billions upon billions of these young souls - these younger other-selves - are waking up to full self-awareness in a state of fear and pain...extreme abuse. Is this planet producing a huge harvest of sociopathic, STS entities? Newly harvested 3D entities...with a distinct bias towards STS?

By eating animals, not only is it inherently STS towards that particular entity, but it is also aiding in the polarizing of great numbers of young 3D STS entities.

What dark planet is being inhabited right now by all those tortured farm animals who are graduating to 3D through the intense catalyst they just experienced?

I offer these thoughts in the context of the Law of One. Again, this is NOT yet another debate about eating meat. I ask these questions in all sincerity: Have you given any thought as to the seriousness of this situation? Again, Ra sees fit to answer the call of 2D entities.

Are we working with Ra to answer their call? Or...are we creating a nightmare population of sociopaths?

Great thread and questions within the context of the Ra Material and the LoO. Really well laid out, Monica.

I must admit that your conclusions are logical. This seems so out of balance with what would naturally happen through densities, one would think. The whole universe of intelligent beings must all pay attention holding their breath when a 3D planet gets to this point, hoping the 3D population doesn't blow itself and the surrounding solar system up with nuclear or nano-technology, or cause some sort of planet of sociopathic early 3D inhabitants to spring up and possibly cause worse. According to Dolores Canon, that's why wanderers came here—to shift the consciousness after we created and used nuclear bombs.

I think the question: "Are we working with Ra to answer their call? Or...are we creating a nightmare population of sociopaths?," has to be qualified by whether or not the 3D entity, or person, is even aware of there being a choice. However, whether a person is aware of the choice or not doesn't change the consequences of sustaining a system of cruelty. In countries where genocide takes place, it creates a population of people who are wounded not only physically, but mentally and emotionally, whether or not the people in a neighboring country are even aware of it.

Regarding answering the call, as Dolores Canon talks about in her book, "The Three Waves of Volunteers," some wanderers came here to help. Just having the vibration of love here may be enough. But how does that work if the wanderer is also knowingly contributing to suffering, and really cruel suffering at that, by doing something that isn't even necessary?

From a physical perspective, anyone who buys factory-farmed meat is affecting supply and demand and thereby contributing to enabling the system to continue, no matter how small the person's consumption of the product—that is simply a fact. 

When a 3D person becomes aware of and feels compassion, and becomes aware of the system of cruelty which exists in factory farming, then what?

As there is cruelty in both plant and animal factory farming, then, if a person cares about not causing harm, choices will have to be made... or not, if the person doesn't want to make a conscious choice. 

Your suppositions based on Ra's comments are a good argument for choosing not to continue farming animals for meat. This is to say nothing of all the other reasons to eat a plant-based diet. 
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Lighthead
03-21-2015, 01:11 PM,
Here is a former cattle rancher who has some very profound things to say about how he had to 'turn off' compassion in order to do his work. This interview is quite profound and very relevant to the conversation.

http://suprememastertv.com/aw/?wr_id=425

Here is his website:

http://farmkind.org/

I think the viewpoints of someone who actually raised and butchered animals, and is now a spiritual seeker, are worth considering.
The following 2 users Like Monica's post:
Lighthead, Nicholas
03-21-2015, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 01:34 PM by Monica.)
(03-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Diana Wrote:  I think the question: "Are we working with Ra to answer their call? Or...are we creating a nightmare population of sociopaths?," has to be qualified by whether or not the 3D entity, or person, is even aware of there being a choice.

The awareness of the 3D entity comes into play regarding their own polarizing, yes, but the consequences of their choice - whether consciously made or not - are still the same.

In other words, a 3D entity contributing to the demand for meat by eating it, thus contributing to these higher 2D entities possibly (or probably?) graduating to 3D with an STS bias, still contributes to that end result whether they are aware of it or not. There is no difference in what happens with the 2D entities. The difference is only in the polarizing potential of the 3D entity.

Being that the vast majority of humans eating meat are doing so unconsciously, it seems to me that this would put even more responsibility on the shoulders of those who are awake, to not contribute, and to even do their part to awaken others.

(03-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Diana Wrote:  However, whether a person is aware of the choice or not doesn't change the consequences of sustaining a system of cruelty. In countries where genocide takes place, it creates a population of people who are wounded not only physically, but mentally and emotionally, whether or not the people in a neighboring country are even aware of it.

Exactly!

(03-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Diana Wrote:  Regarding answering the call, as Dolores Canon talks about in her book, "The Three Waves of Volunteers," some wanderers came here to help. Just having the vibration of love here may be enough. But how does that work if the wanderer is also knowingly contributing to suffering, and really cruel suffering at that, by doing something that isn't even necessary?

It would be like having bumperstickers saying "Don't litter" while driving around throwing trash out the window. Except, since it would be conscious, it's probably worse than someone who just throws out litter without even thinking about it.

(03-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Diana Wrote:  From a physical perspective, anyone who buys factory-farmed meat is affecting supply and demand and thereby contributing to enabling the system to continue, no matter how small the person's consumption of the product—that is simply a fact. 

I would take it a step further and say any meat, whether factory-farmed or not.

Here is a former rancher sharing his observations and revelations from growing up on a farm. He has some very profound things to say about animals, compassion, and consciousness. Profound stuff!

http://suprememastertv.com/aw/?wr_id=425 (Watch both parts! Nothing graphic...just an interview.)

---
Lighthead
03-21-2015, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM by Monica.)
What are the traits of a mind/body complex as compared to a mind/body/spirit complex? What are the traits of 2D as compared to 3D? or of early 2D as compared to late 2D?

We know from Ra that all the energy centers are in potentiation, in 2D. We also know that the criteria for graduation into 4D is 51% Service to Others, and we know that that has to do with the opening of the heart. An STS-oriented entity is one who has bypassed the heart.

What is service to others? What does it mean to open the heart?

Can we agree that love and compassion towards other-selves are attributes of an open heart? Love and compassion are green-ray traits.

The 2D entities have green ray open, in potentiation. And yet, they can form a bias towards STO or STS while still 2D. What does this mean?

It is commonly believed that animals operate primarily on instinct. Yet, this has now been effectively refuted, as is shown in the video I posted in post #1.

Check this out:

Bear Saves A Crow From Drowning

WHY did the bear decide to save the crow? What does this show about the awareness of this bear?

---
03-21-2015, 02:01 PM,
Maybe present day humans do eat meat because they were once the meat eaten.
03-21-2015, 02:11 PM,
(03-21-2015, 02:01 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  Maybe present day humans do eat meat because they were once the meat eaten.

Good point! Kinda like most child abusers were also abused as children. The pattern of abuse keeps getting passed on, until someone breaks the chain.

---
03-21-2015, 02:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 02:20 PM by Monica.)
Related Thread:

Bring4th Forums One > Olio [Image: arrow_down.png] 2D Entities Evolving?

That thread got sidetracked into talking about elephant painting, but if you skip over those, you get to the good stuff:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5673&pid=164015#pid164015  <<== more videos of animals showing compassion, intention and forethought

---
03-21-2015, 05:24 PM,
(03-21-2015, 01:34 PM)Monica Wrote:  Here is a former rancher sharing his observations and revelations from growing up on a farm. He has some very profound things to say about animals, compassion, and consciousness. Profound stuff!

http://suprememastertv.com/aw/?wr_id=425 (Watch both parts! Nothing graphic...just an interview.)

---

That was an amazingly beautiful video. My short attention span (at times) told me not to watch it, but, trust me, the time just flew! I really do feel that one of the components of this Earth becoming 4D is how we treat other entities on this planet. I think that that's a major component, and something that we have control over.
Monica
03-21-2015, 05:28 PM,
(03-21-2015, 01:54 PM)Monica Wrote:  What are the traits of a mind/body complex as compared to a mind/body/spirit complex? What are the traits of 2D as compared to 3D? or of early 2D as compared to late 2D?

We know from Ra that all the energy centers are in potentiation, in 2D. We also know that the criteria for graduation into 4D is 51% Service to Others, and we know that that has to do with the opening of the heart. An STS-oriented entity is one who has bypassed the heart.

What is service to others? What does it mean to open the heart?

Can we agree that love and compassion towards other-selves are attributes of an open heart? Love and compassion are green-ray traits.

The 2D entities have green ray open, in potentiation. And yet, they can form a bias towards STO or STS while still 2D. What does this mean?

It is commonly believed that animals operate primarily on instinct. Yet, this has now been effectively refuted, as is shown in the video I posted in post #1.

Check this out:

Bear Saves A Crow From Drowning

WHY did the bear decide to save the crow? What does this show about the awareness of this bear?

---

What is your view on supposedly carnivorous animals? Why do they choose to eat meat, at times?
03-21-2015, 07:55 PM,
(03-21-2015, 05:28 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What is your view on supposedly carnivorous animals? Why do they choose to eat meat, at times?

They only hunt for survival, so it isn't polarizing for them. Their bodies are designed that way: notice the sharp fangs. They don't really have a choice; apparently the Logos designed them that way, to provide a way for the weak and injured animals to conveniently exit their bodies, rather than dying a slow, prolonged death. In the wild, carnivores hunt and kill the weakest of the herd. (In contrast to human hunters who go after the strongest buck with the largest rack, for their trophies.) So, like carrion birds and ants, they provide a service in the balance of Nature. Indigenous peoples, traditionally, also hunted the weakest of the herds...the ones left behind, old or injured, and for survival only.

We live on a very heavily veiled planet. I wonder if that has anything to do with why the Logos decided to design such a system. I also wonder how different Nature is on other planets.

Incidentally, Lighthead, you might find this interesting. It really challenged what I thought about my cats and dogs.

Obligate Carnivore

---
Lighthead
03-21-2015, 08:03 PM,
(03-21-2015, 05:24 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  That was an amazingly beautiful video. My short attention span (at times) told me not to watch it, but, trust me, the time just flew!

Yeah, profound, right? Smile That guy just glowed! Such a calm, peaceful disposition too. He seemed like a really amazing person with a strong spirituality.

(03-21-2015, 05:24 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I really do feel that one of the components of this Earth becoming 4D is how we treat other entities on this planet. I think that that's a major component, and something that we have control over.

Exactly!!! I perceive a thick, heavy energy weighing down this planet, from those billions of souls who are crying out. Their suffering is perhaps the biggest single factor holding the planet back, in my opinion, even more so than wars, simply because of the sheer numbers of these sentient beings being tortured on a daily basis.

And you're right: We do indeed have control over it. It's simple supply and demand.
Lighthead
03-21-2015, 08:12 PM,
(03-21-2015, 07:55 PM)Monica Wrote:  
(03-21-2015, 05:28 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  What is your view on supposedly carnivorous animals? Why do they choose to eat meat, at times?

They only hunt for survival, so it isn't polarizing for them. Their bodies are designed that way: notice the sharp fangs. They don't really have a choice; apparently the Logos designed them that way, to provide a way for the weak and injured animals to conveniently exit their bodies, rather than dying a slow, prolonged death. In the wild, carnivores hunt and kill the weakest of the herd. (In contrast to human hunters who go after the strongest buck with the largest rack, for their trophies.) So, like carrion birds and ants, they provide a service in the balance of Nature. Indigenous peoples, traditionally, also hunted the weakest of the herds...the ones left behind, old or injured, and for survival only.

We live on a very heavily veiled planet. I wonder if that has anything to do with why the Logos decided to design such a system. I also wonder how different Nature is on other planets.

Incidentally, Lighthead, you might find this interesting. It really challenged what I thought about my cats and dogs.

Obligate Carnivore

---

Hmmm... Pretty fascinating. Yeah, I'll definitely see if I can buy that book... when I have money. Right now I'm quite broke. Tongue
03-21-2015, 08:15 PM,
(03-21-2015, 08:03 PM)Monica Wrote:  And you're right: We do indeed have control over it. It's simple supply and demand.

I get the very strong impression that the Logos has designed a way out. Exclamation Wink
03-22-2015, 01:12 PM,
(03-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Lighthead Wrote:  I get the very strong impression that the Logos has designed a way out. Exclamation Wink

WE are the way out. WE have the power to change it. WE have an opportunity to respond to this catalyst.
Lighthead
03-22-2015, 01:38 PM,
We've explored what Ra has to say about higher 2D entities. Most of us have dogs and/or cats and readily acknowledge their personalities and sentience, while, at the same time, continuing to disregard the sentience of animals raised for the express purpose of being slaughtered for meat. What about the people who were/are raising these farm animals and directly killing them? What have they observed, that can give us clues as to the consciousness of farm animals, and what do they have to say?

Quote:Novelist and slaughterhouse journalist Upton Sinclair once wrote, “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” But while it may be difficult, it is not impossible. The following profiles are hope-filled proof that even those who stand to lose most by renouncing animal exploitation are frequently brave enough, and caring enough, to do so.

1. Jan Gerdes, former dairy farmer
Hof Butenland is a farmed animal sanctuary in North Germany founded by Jan Gerdes & Karin Mück. Jan was a dairy farmer for many years but after a change of heart that included the decision to go vegan, he converted the farm into a sanctuary and vowed to devote the rest of his life to caring for farmed animals and working to end their exploitation. Speaking about the animals he once used, ate, and routinely sent to slaughter, Jan says:

“Before, I denied that I liked them. There was no other way. I wanted to earn a living. And now they are more like comrades. You are happy, you talk, you talk to them. You talk to a cow as well as to a pig or to a cat or a dog; I don’t see any difference. They all have their qualities and they are happy when I talk to them— and they tell me something. It really is a great way of living together.”

This former dairy farmer, Jan, says that animals feel emotions and he talks to them just the same as to a cat or dog. Jan sees no difference.

Quote:2. Harold Brown, former beef and dairy farmer: "“I have often heard the word “humane” used in relation to meat, dairy, eggs, and other products… I have always found this curious, because my understanding is that humane means to act with kindness, tenderness, and mercy. I can tell you as a former animal farmer that while it may be true that you can treat a farm animal kindly and show tenderness toward them, mercy is a different matter.

…I hardly thought twice about the things I had to do on the farm: driving cattle, castrations, dehorning, and I did my fair share of butchering too.

Nowadays I ask myself from both the perspective of the old me and the new me, what does humane mean in the way it is being used? The old me says, “That is an odd word to associate with meat, dairy, and eggs, but hey, if it sells more products, why not?” The new me asks, “Back in the day, I could, and did, raise animals with kindness and tenderness, but how did I show them mercy?” Mercy — a unique human trait of refraining from doing harm.”

Interesting that Harold draws a distinction between treating an animal 'humanely' and showing them mercy. What is mercy? Harold seems to indicate that showing mercy towards an animal would be not killing them!

Is mercy an act of compassion? When presented with an opportunity to choose compassion, and show mercy to a sentient being, what would be an appropriate response for someone who is STO-oriented?

from Former Meat-and-Dairy Farmers/Ranchers
Lighthead
03-22-2015, 01:46 PM,
More...

Quote:3. Cheri Ezell was working as a goat milk farmer when she met her husband, Jim Vandersluis, a dairy farmer.

She writes:

“One day I entered the barn while he was milking and noticed an obviously ill calf. When I questioned what would happen to her, he told me regardless of the calf’s illness, she would be sent to a livestock dealer where she would be sold for meat. I learned that dairy cows have to be bred every year in order to continue to produce milk, and how their calves are taken from them shortly after birth...sent to slaughter or the veal operations, which is a very short life, and not a happy life.

The verbalizations made by mother and baby as they bond are just one small aspect of their emotional lives that we humans tear apart. The mother calls for her baby for many days after they’re separated. How can such a thing ever be called “humane?”

For those of you who have actually taken the 10 minutes to watch the important video linked in my OP, you know that these mothers were showing profound grief - an attribute of MIND.

These are mind-body complexes. Mind. What is associated with the mind? Almost all of Book 4 is dedicated to the study of the mind. I found Book 4 the most difficult to understand. I study Tarot archetypes and I still found it difficult to understand. Apparently, the mind is very complex indeed.

These higher 2D entities are mind-body complexes. They have minds. What is the significance of this?

- See more at: http://freefromharm.org/animal-products-and-ethics/former-meat-dairy-farmers-became-vegan-activists/#sthash.Hm54Fyhs.dpuf
03-22-2015, 01:57 PM,
More from Cheri:

Quote:In certain communities, it’s tradition to have baby goat meat during the Easter holiday. So our farm was overwhelmed every Spring by people looking for baby goats. We would weigh the 25-35 pound kids, and the customers paid. They were then hogtied and literally thrown into a trunk or the back of a pick-up truck like a piece of luggage. Jim soon was saying, “I will carry the goat,” and he would gently put the goat into their vehicle. One day we were standing by the gate of the goat barn, listening to one of our baby goats being driven away, crying in the trunk of the car. It was at this horrific moment that Jim and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and began our journey to a no-kill life.

Jim and I have since left the dairy industry and converted our farm into a sanctuary for farmed animals, wildlife, and companion animals…for Jim and me, there is now a very clear distinction between humane and inhumane farming. Humane farming is cultivating a plant-based diet. Inhumane farming is breeding any sentient being for production and consumption.

There are many video interviews with these former farmers/ranchers. Again and again, they say the same thing: There is no such thing as humane slaughter.

Next is:

Quote:4. Howard Lyman is a fourth generation cattle farmer who converted a small organic dairy farm into a massive factory-style dairy and beef feedlot operation with 7,000 cattle. He also raised chickens, pigs and turkeys, farming animals for more than 20 years. In 1990, extremely overweight and facing health problems related to sky-high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, he decided to become a vegetarian. Experiencing a complete turnaround in his health, Lyman went vegan a year later and soon had a profound change of heart about the ethics of eating animals.

7000 cattle. Hmmm...his opinion should count for something, eh?

Quote:Harold: The people I knew involved in animal production were good people just trying to do the best they knew how for what they envisioned were the right reasons — feeding a hungry America. They believed they were providing an absolute necessity: first-class protein. It was ingrained in them from the time they were kids: ‘Eat your meat’.

It was just a 'normal' way of life...a carryover from when WE were 2D entities and early 3D entities, and HAD to hunt to survive!

But we no longer have to.

Quote:Lyman recalls the difficult moment he discovered that he could no longer turn away from the question of killing animals we have no need to harm at all:

“Not, ‘Am I nice to my animals?’ or, ‘Do I feed them well?’ but, ‘My God, should we be eating them?’ … I was in the bathroom and I was looking in the mirror: it was so traumatic for me that I damn near tore the sink off the wall.

That was a door of my soul that I had never opened before. And once I’d opened it, I could never close it again because I knew what those animals looked like when they went onto the kill floor. I knew what was in their eyes, and I was the person putting them there. It was like everything that you believe to be righteous and holy was all of a sudden at risk. Could I actually allow my mind to sort through that?

And did I have the intestinal fortitude to know the difference and to make a change? Do you go to your wife when you have a multimillion dollar operation and say, ‘Wait a minute: I think what we are doing is wrong’? I realized that my livelihood was built on sand. Everything I’d believed in my entire life was at risk because there I was with a business built on killing animals.”

Lyman has written two books, Mad Cowboy: Plain Truth from the Cattle Rancher Who Won’t Eat Meat and No More Bull! The Mad Cowboy Targets America’s Worst Enemy: Our Diet. He also maintains an educational website, madcowboy.com. Howard Lyman’s life and work are also the subject of Mad Cowboy: The Documentary, and his story is featured in Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home.

Multi-million-$$ farm. Wow. Can you imagine how hard that must have been for him?

http://freefromharm.org/animal-products-and-ethics/former-meat-dairy-farmers-became-vegan-activists/