AB blood type, and diet
04-16-2016, 08:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 08:58 PM by Glow.)
AB blood type, and diet
So recently about a month ago I started being unable to eat meat. It wasn't a choice I just suddenly get totally grossed out.

In the interim I switched to cooking a lot of legumes, quinoa, lots of veggies as usual.
I had a horrible stomach ache the entire 3 weeks. Not gas from the legumes just pain.

When I was finally able to eat meat I found myself getting red and itchy right after eating it.
Trying to figure out how to go forward I looked at the blood type diet and see being AB- I'm not really able to digest almost any meat, and the beans and most nuts/seeds are just as bad. Not tolerated which explains my 3 week long stomach ache.

I get soy which I don't want to over do and peanuts and walnuts are safe but really it's pretty limited... extremely limited really.

I was wondering if anyone here had simular diet restrictions and am curious what keeps you nourished.
I've experienced double vision when I cut out meat, I had compensated with seeds nuts and legumes but was still getting blurred vision. If I can ingest meat once a week my vision doesn't go weird so obviously it's something I'm missing in my diet that is causing it.

Before I hit the Dr I wondered if anyone here might have experience transitioning vegetarian without eating beans nuts or seeds?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2016, 09:55 PM,
RE: AB blood type, and diet
Do you get the same reaction from eating eggs ?

"The way we perceive the world is a direct reflection of the way we understand ourselves." ~ Rupert Spira
The following 1 user Likes Patrick's post:
Glow
04-16-2016, 10:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 10:23 PM by Stranger.)
(04-16-2016, 08:54 PM)Glow Wrote:  So recently about a month ago I started being unable to eat meat. It wasn't a choice I just suddenly get totally grossed out.

Before I hit the Dr I wondered if anyone here might have experience transitioning vegetarian without eating beans nuts or seeds?

Glow, welcome to the herd of grazers and ruminants, among which I count myself.

I suggest you attempt to figure out what caused the stomach ache - was it quinoa? legumes? if veggies, which ones?  Try a process of elimination.  Quinoa would be great to keep in your diet if it agrees with your body.  

Regarding meat substitutes - aside from soy-based ones, there are also wheat-based and mycoprotein-based alternatives.  You can try Quorn in particular - my SO cannot tolerate beans but loves Quorn products.  I thought they were a little dry initially, but they've grown on me over time.

Have you tried eggs?  I still eat humane certified eggs and they're a staple.  Humanely/organically sourced cheese and milk are great sources of protein.

Nut butters may be easier to digest than nuts.

Good luck!
The following 2 users Like Stranger's post:
Glow, Patrick
04-17-2016, 09:37 AM,
Have you ever heard of nutritional yeast? It's a flaky yeast powder that is grown on molasses, and it's full of B vitamins and protein.

I also agree that process of elimination might help you find the real culprits and maybe find some legumes/nuts that you are compatible with - maybe. Otherwise it's good to remember too that elephants get all of their protein they need from leafy greens - yeah, they spend more time eating than most of us, but it sounds like you have to take care with your food times regardless.

Have you also heard/tried tempeh? It's a soy product but it's fermented and totally different from tofu texture and flavor wise. If you're not wheat sensitive, it might also be worth it to try seitan as a filler food. I'd also recommend checking out the bulk sections of different grocery stores and trying the different types of grains - there are so many different types of grains with different textures/flavor profiles. It might help.

Another suggestion I'd have is make your own veggie burgers!!
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 1 user Likes Jade's post:
Glow
04-17-2016, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2016, 06:04 PM by Glow.)
Hi guys, thought I typed a reply already but don't see it.

Eggs I can do thankfully. Quorn I hadn't heard of or a wheat based protien. I don't seem to have wheat issues thankfully. Not sure why yeast makes me nervous but I will try anything. Smile

Also good point about trying elimination. Beans usually cause me pain so quinoa may not have been an issue I just saw it under seeds as a no no but worth trying them out individually to be sure.

Thanks so much for your help.

I guess this gives me new learning opportunitiesSmile

Ps I am just shocked thinking of an elephant getting so big on greens, wow that's a thought!
The following 1 user Likes Glow's post:
Patrick
04-17-2016, 10:33 PM,
(04-16-2016, 09:55 PM)Patrick Wrote:  Do you get the same reaction from eating eggs ?

I just realized I may not have answered this. I don't get itchy or sick from eggs.
I still get funny vision though.