Wisdom Run Amok
04-15-2018, 01:39 PM,
Wisdom Run Amok
Please note this disclaimer.  The following is not intended to be disparaging of any particular individual nor group of individuals.  I'm just feeling a need to rant this morning and this topic has been brewing.........

Time and time again on these forums I read male-saturated pronouncements of how the universe works.  (Men, being all-knowing, know all about these things, of course.)  They are wholly mechanistic, describing thought forms or chakras or cellular configurations or whatever else.  Sometimes they purport to explain how you can achieve this or that, and they all look like this:  

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsarahfuhro.files.wordpr...mp;amp;f=1]
That is, they all are strongly directed and empty within.

They have no use for the feminine.  They speak not of love.  They know not of the All-Pervasive shimmering, subtle vibrance awaiting them just outside their concrete cubby-hole bunkers.  They cannot embrace mystery, for mystery is undirectable, it don't groove with their glyph (above).

The way these forums are drenched in this testosterone stew, in my view, explains why it is so difficult for females (half our population) to tolerate and participate in the discussions here.  And beyond that obvious point, the same seems to go for most normally balanced males.  So now, only people who share this stupid propensity with me are left here, and its just, like, so doggone boring this way!

So, guys, maybe we can all take this step together and slither out from our hiding places, into the radiant warmth of the free world and into the arms of ......... acceptance and humility and peace?

Of course, this will never happen!  Mechanistic logic tells me so!  On the other hand, all-pervasive mystery can be surprising sometimes.  Perhaps one of the honors/duties of this forum-contraption-thingy is to help us examine our ridiculous over-glorying in wisdom and help us balance this with a deeper aspect of our inherent nature: namely, love?

Golly, I wonder if anyone knows how we can direct ourselves in that way?  Hmm, this might just lead to yet one more head-filled, heartless dialogue.  Oh my!  I feel the walls my concrete cubby-hole bunker closing in further.........AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The rest is shrouded in Mystery.

May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 12 users Like peregrine's post:
Agua, Diana, Highrculling, hounsic, Quan, rva_jeremy, Spaced, Sprout, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup, Surfboard, xise
04-15-2018, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 10:54 PM by Stranger.)
RE: Wisdom Run Amok
Peregrine, you are loved and this is a safe space for you to vent your frustrations with the apparent maleness of this forum. I appreciate your input and the voice you add to the harmony of this place; and it is the multitude of voices, coming from all corners of this beautiful Earth, with a kaleidoscope of life and past-life experience, which makes this such a joyful community (for me, at least) in which to participate. I love it and wouldn't change it, as frustrating as it can feel at times. Everyone adds something - even in outward silence, everyone contributes to the beautiful and rich energy currents swirling around this place.

In that, it is a lot like Creation itself, isn't it? Lots going on, and lots of it provokes a reaction of some type or another - sometimes positive, at other times negative. But every part is necessary, adding richness to the flavor of this "soup" as a whole.

So in that spirit, I hope that you will accept what tastes good to you, and pass by what tastes bad. Other members' taste buds may be different from yours, and it is in honoring that that we are able to come more closely together into a harmonious - rather than bland and homogenous - whole.

It continues to be an honor and a joy to share this soup with you.
The following 11 users Like Stranger's post:
Foha, Highrculling, hounsic, IndigoGeminiWolf, isis, Quan, rva_jeremy, Sprout, sunnysideup, Surfboard, xise
04-16-2018, 12:44 AM,
That was really beautiful, Stranger.

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
The following 2 users Like isis's post:
Quan, Sprout
04-16-2018, 01:12 AM,
Peregrine, I hope my posts haven't made you feel this way, and if they have, please let me know.

I do not wish to speak with such confidence when referring to anything in the realm of the metaphysical...

I personally feel responsible, in part, to what bothers you in this forum with threads like Focus, which I am the author of.

I actually dislike my own pride and confidence and would like less of it.

I love constructive criticism, too. I appreciate the honesty about your dislikes you describe in your post, and welcome you to use my thread Focus or any others I've authored as a reference to anything that pertains to what you are describing.

I'd like to help in my part to make this forum more welcome for you, at least.
The following 1 user Likes Foha's post:
IndigoGeminiWolf
04-16-2018, 05:35 AM,
I concur with you, Peregrine. It is a bit boring, and I would like to see more variety of viewpoints. I don't know if it's just me and where my interests take me, but I feel like what you're pointing out is less a feature of Bring4th in particular and more endemic in all the online fora in which I've participated for 20 years. There's just something about this format that tends to favor self-contained, discrete, argumentative-ish posts.

I think IndigoGeminiWolf's contributions are a great example of the kind of emotional intelligence and appreciation for the spontaneity of love that is possible, but notice he starts a lot of threads. To mechanistically diagnose this Smile I'd say we need more people unlike you and I starting threads. That might be the biggest thing that can happen to move things in a more balanced direction, since the one who starts the thread sets the tone.

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
The following 3 users Like rva_jeremy's post:
IndigoGeminiWolf, peregrine, yossarian
04-16-2018, 12:53 PM,
(04-15-2018, 01:39 PM)peregrine Wrote:  They are wholly mechanistic, describing thought forms or chakras or cellular configurations or whatever else.  Sometimes they purport to explain how you can achieve this or that, and they all look like this:  

That's a really clever association.

(04-15-2018, 01:39 PM)peregrine Wrote:  They have no use for the feminine.  They speak not of love.  They know not of the All-Pervasive shimmering, subtle vibrance awaiting them just outside their concrete cubby-hole bunkers.  They cannot embrace mystery, for mystery is undirectable, it don't groove with their glyph (above).

I don't know about "they," but I know what you mean in general. Very beautifully (and amusingly) put.

(04-15-2018, 01:39 PM)peregrine Wrote:  The way these forums are drenched in this testosterone stew, in my view, explains why it is so difficult for females (half our population) to tolerate and participate in the discussions here.  And beyond that obvious point, the same seems to go for most normally balanced males.  So now, only people who share this stupid propensity with me are left here, and its just, like, so doggone boring this way!

I will add that everything goes both ways. If the "males" (and I put this in quotation marks because the mindset isn't alway dominated by hormones or physical bodies) have been domineering, the "females" don't have to be cowed or pushed out. There is something to learn about balance both ways.

So, in this very interesting thread, I will encourage the female voice to be heard and ring out, regardless of consequences, about all the mystery, the love, the feelings and the unnamable.
The following 2 users Like Diana's post:
rva_jeremy, Stranger
04-16-2018, 01:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 04:16 PM by isis. Edit Reason: fixed img link )
(04-15-2018, 01:39 PM)peregrine Wrote:  drenched in this testosterone stew

Socially lazy sloth says:

[Image: 3EQfuCr.jpg]

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
The following 3 users Like isis's post:
anagogy, Diana, Highrculling
04-16-2018, 03:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 03:24 PM by unity100.)
Is there anything wrong with being male?

Is there anything wrong with having a 'male mindset'? Whatever it is.

I may be mistaken, however, i have a vague feeling as if this post of peregrine was inspired by one of my posts, about one mind vs many minds like a cellular analogy. I very much think im not mistaken.

Actually, thats not a vague feeling - it evidently is so. In any case, it would be safer to continue this post under that assumption, just in case, since the original post of this thread seems to cover the approach i posted.

Im not going to say im sorry because my approach did not resonate with peregrine, or any particular reader who may have read it. There is no reason why it should resonate with anyone in particular and not resonate with anyone particular either.

It would only resonate and become inspiring/horizon-widening for anyone who would prefer that kind of approach. Just like any other approach anyone else may have, resonating with whomever may prefer that kind of approach.

Everyone's understanding and path, are to their own. And to those who may prefer the similar.

To you, and from your example, to anyone who dislikes such approaches or any other particular approach/mindset/whatever to anything, i very much recommend that you just ignore or skip by such posts or dialogue. There is nothing wrong with that.

It has to be so, because neither i, or someone else will change our own characters, personas, life experiences, approaches, spiritual paths, desires or drives to suit someone else's. That would be wrong, since it would be compromising oneself.

https://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=41#25

Quote:41.25 Questioner: Why are the red, yellow, and blue energy centers called primary centers? I think from the previous material I understand this, but is there some tracing of these primary colors back to intelligent infinity that is more profound than what you have given us?
Ra: I am Ra. We cannot say what may seem profound to an entity. The red, yellow, and blue rays are primary because they signify activity of a primary nature.

Red ray is the foundation; orange ray the movement towards yellow ray which is the ray of self-awareness and interaction. Green ray is the movement through various experiences of energy exchanges having to do with compassion and all-forgiving love to the primary blue ray which is the first ray of radiation of self regardless of any actions from another.

The green-ray entity is ineffectual in the face of blockage from other-selves. The blue-ray entity is a co-Creator. This may perhaps simply be a restatement of previous activity, but if you consider the function of the Logos as representative of the Infinite Creator in effectuating the knowing of the Creator by the Creator you may perhaps see the steps by which this may be accomplished.

May we ask for one final full question before we leave this working?

... leave aside being unproductive, since it would be only through multi-facetedness of different selves and their characteristics that wholes can happen. Ironically, the above quote of Ra, as well as almost entirety of the material produced by the study, has the same air of logical, mechanical masculinity.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with masculinity.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with testosterone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with men.

Just like there being nothing good about repressing any trait, inclination, thought or sentiment of the self, or anyone else.

Love, is about accepting despite differences, not repressing or forcing change to make the same.

However ironically, that love doesnt seem to be present in peregrine's own post in which he criticizes the lack of that love, seen from how there is strong wordage which basically attacks what he perceives as undesirable. From strong statements like 'empty within', 'testosterone stew' (whatever that means) to a general tone that despises and reviles the target.

Which makes the entry line...

Quote:Please note this disclaimer. The following is not intended to be disparaging of any particular individual nor group of individuals.

... absolutely pointless.

It is supposedly not intended to be disparaging for any individual or group, but it does.

To be even more direct, it reads like a more civilized version of that very criticized testosterone filled masculine adversity, which can be found easily in competitive gaming forums. In fact if the wordage was changed a little, it could as well be posted in such a forum to rant about something or someone - the usage of sarcasm for despising/reviling the target makes it especially suitable for that purpose. It more reads like a very defined male being irritated by another male presence - rather than a 'balanced male' talking about something. Whatever that is, for someone who would be 'balanced' in terms of masculine/feminine energies would not be masculine or feminine, for sure. Otherwise there is no point to any kind of balance.

I may be wrong, but i have a vague intuition which tells me that this post by peregrine seems to be a viewpoint in alignment with the recently common trend of 'critique' of what is called 'toxic masculinity' in anglo-american cultural discourse. Actually, mainly US cultural discourse. Even, a certain segment of US population at that. Peregrine may or may not belong to such a cultural segment or live in any related country, however what he says sure reads in the same line.

To summarize, there seems to have come to being a practice of criticizing everything perceived as masculine, and trying to repress such traits in order to 'empower' feminine.

To honestly put it, i find that phenomenon absolutely ridiculous, even before finding it unproductive and divisive. Even beyond, it seems that it is seen similarly in many different cultural spaces of internet, from the literature i read and the forums i follow from 4-5 different cultures/countries. My personal research would not constitute a statistic for sure, however if anyone has evidence to the contrary, i'll be happy to do reading into related material.

It goes without saying that rest of the internet is not obliged to follow or subscribe to cultural paradigms of any particular country, leave aside sub-segments of any such country. That we are all communicating over english language doesnt make us english, american, australian or kiwi.

The "Too long Didn't Read" version is:

- despite his disclaimer peregrine's post sure feels to be directed towards my persona, or whomever may share the same viewpoint
- that i am not apologetic or sorry for who i am, my understanding and perspective or however much testosterone and estrogen i may have
- that neither anyone should be
- that there is nothing wrong with peregrine or someone else not liking or not preferring my or someone else's perspective and understanding
- that there being no love in not accepting differences and instead trying to repress them...

I very much recommend anyone who finds some particular person's viewpoints or posts undesirable or revolting to just put them in their ignore list, since the forum software provides ample means to do that i believe. Or simply skipping by their posts would also do.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
The following 4 users Like unity100's post:
anagogy, Foha, isis, Zach
04-16-2018, 04:49 PM,
Unity100 Wrote:It is supposedly not intended to be disparaging for any individual or group, but it does.

I disagree, I'm a man and I don't take a critique of masculinity as inherently a critique of me. And I don't share your belief that this is specifically aimed at you.

Jeremy
Q'uo 3/19/06
04-16-2018, 05:20 PM,
(04-16-2018, 04:49 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote:  
Unity100 Wrote:It is supposedly not intended to be disparaging for any individual or group, but it does.

I disagree, I'm a man and I don't take a critique of masculinity as inherently a critique of me. And I don't share your belief that this is specifically aimed at you.

As i said, i may be mistaken - however the particular choice of words and the example he used leave little room for confusion. Its not the first time i received such a critique in this forum, but it generally takes the form of criticizing 'too much wisdom' (whatever that means, again). This time someone linked it with 'masculinity', 'testosterone stew' and whatnot. 

In any case, even if i was mistaken, still the general tone and critique seems to be in the direction i mentioned, and then i just ended up making a statement over peregrine's post. 
04-16-2018, 07:09 PM,
I do not know of anyone that is wisdom-oriented without being driven by passion. To me, spending all-nighters with a friend, under the stars as our muses, where we let our intellectual minds become mediums for Creation to express itself, is one of the things in life on Earth that makes me most feel alive and animated by powerful energies. I love existing. I love Creation. I love understanding the beauty of the ways and mechanics of expression that allow both me and Creation to be what we are. I love to share these insights with others. I love to see my own understanding being reflected in other seekers, just as to come myself to echo the understanding of others also. I love to both teach and learn, of the melodies and rhythms of the intelligent cosmos we are a part of, of its laws and cycles enabled in will, love and light. I think those who write a lot here about these things do little so to convince, and often more to offer the faith to attempt to touch and see for oneself, the words then are just an attempt to paint a picture of the glory of what is.

To me writing about wisdom is like writing music to a musician, it is a medium to express passion and high energies. I don't expect each and every person to read my words and resonate with them, just like a musician should not expect each and every person to resonate with the love found and expressed in their music, such expectations are just a sure way to block the energies that are moving through you and fail at expressing them freely, and so I think it's best to express as you are driven in your subjectivity and let it resonate with whom it does. To appreciate art often requires to let it sink in, so that you can feel with it its vibe, while at first you are plain unable to. I've known myself and friends to be repulsed by certain music at first, only to come to see the genius of it later on and feel nothing but awe and appreciation for the same thing. To me all of this is about the same, there are some's words you don't resonate with just like you wouldn't resonate with perhaps the music made by the same person, but it does not make it lifeless because you feel it to be that, it's just that you don't connect to their passion in resonance with how they do themselves.

Wisdom to me is all about lessons of love. What drives my seeking of wisdom is to understand the beauty and love of each thing, that's what animates me to seek and there is no seeking without a drive.

There is no self in the sense of separate individuality, yet there is one prevailing identity.
The following 4 users Like Minyatur's post:
anagogy, Diana, Quan, Steppingfeet
04-16-2018, 07:49 PM,
(04-16-2018, 05:35 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote:  There's just something about this format that tends to favor self-contained, discrete, argumentative-ish posts.

I have found this in my experience. I come here to the forum often and love to read through the threads, I often find commentary that touches me profoundly or makes me question my preconceived ideas, but when I think to reply, no words come. So how does one transmit an energy of deep appreciation over the inter-webs?

Lately I have been stewing in the powerful love currents hitting the Earth, it's like I can almost taste 4th density. This makes it hard to see any idea and opinion expressed here anything less than perfect. I can't think of anything to add or take-away.

So I may not be able to offer many words right now but anyone is welcome to an etheric hug Smile
The following 11 users Like Louisabell's post:
flofrog, Highrculling, hounsic, IndigoGeminiWolf, isis, MangusKhan, Quan, rva_jeremy, Steppingfeet, Stranger, sunnysideup
04-17-2018, 04:58 AM,
Ummmmm..............  Lots of interesting comments......

For the proverbial record, I was serious when I typed that I was not referring to any individual nor group of individuals.  I'm sorry to read that some took my comments above as a charged volley at themselves.  As I tried to communicate, I count myself among those over-balanced in wisdom.  In fact, I can go one step further and say that Q'uo identified me as such in a session some years back.

Another way I could express my general complaint is that if these forums were a garden, wisdom-heavy discourse--to me--feels to be most deeply rooted to the point where it tends to crowd out heart-oriented commentary.  And I say this based on seven years of seeing users come and go, come and go.

If I were to lay blame for these forums having this character--Jeremy's observation notwithstanding--it would be on Don Elkins because of the way he framed the questions which under gird the entire body of l/l's work.  And yet, of course, the benefits from his efforts far outweigh the defects and I hold no ill feelings here.  Rather, it strikes me that this entire kettle of fish, as it were, offers an opportunity for some to explore what it means to try to balance wisdom with love.  And, in various ways, this seems to be happening, and I'm glad about that.  It feels that folks have responded to the distress signals lately sent by myself (and Aqua) in ways that are deliberately trying to strike some balance between these two elements (wisdom and love).  It is my hope that this effort continues to be made consciously here within these unusual, special, precincts because, for some of us, this is an extremely significant matter.

Thanks very much.
~p~
May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
The following 6 users Like peregrine's post:
Diana, flofrog, Minyatur, Quan, rva_jeremy, Steppingfeet
04-17-2018, 11:19 AM,
*ALL KNOWING MALE WARNING*

Men serve many, so that they may learn as much as possible of Space/Time. Women tend to prefer to serve one individual. This causes their focus of time/space to be single pointed. This allows much greater perception through time. (telling the future, etc)

The differences between the sexes irk me as well. I've found to celebrate the strengths of each sex while bemoaning the various perceived lacks less and less.
04-17-2018, 12:21 PM,
Love is best expressed in actions, right? It is, after all, ineffable. We taste it in silence. So in a place where communication is largely based on words, the difficulty is to be expected.

If by 'talk of love', you mean the A Book of Days kind, I honestly don't have it, lol. But I'm definitely trying to get there.

Also, it is still a uneasy world we are living in, and this Is an anonymous Internet forum. People have inherent defense mechanisms.

Plus, everyone is in process, therefore bring4th is in process. We are here to learn. There will be trial and error. If say 10% of total posts are beneficial to people on a individual basis, I say this forum has served its purpose.
The following 5 users Like Highrculling's post:
MangusKhan, Quan, rva_jeremy, Stranger, yossarian
04-17-2018, 03:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 03:20 PM by unity100.)
Reality is that it is unclear what people mean when they refer to 'wisdom' or 'love' in these criticism. The words just seem to be thrown around as context requires, by using vague references to whatever needs criticizing.

'Too much wisdom'... 'Too much love'...

There are no such things. Someone who has 'too much love' would be an entity of 4th density, or vibrating in 4d energy green for whatsoever reason. And surely that entity would not be criticizing any perceived 'lack of love' or 'too much wisdom' because by its nature green accepts and encompasses everything, therefore everything is just 'okay' for an entity vibrating in green. To the extent of forgiving and accepting his murderer on the spot, as one famous example from history shows.

An entity described as having 'too much wisdom' would be an entity which is vibrating in 6d indigo, for only after passing through freedom and expression of blue and graduating into the density of seeking balance, an entity would have enough experience and vibration in freedom and expression and understanding of the dance of life that it would have enough wisdom to be able to work towards balance.

And 'balance' is not repression of something, it is addition of what's missing. Thus in this context, it wouldnt come by dumbing-down or 'emotionalifiying' of your thinking or your discourse, for that would be gimping what foundation you have built earlier. Which would cripple whatever you are trying to do next.

So, examples or analogies, logical and rational understanding, clearer explanation of things and the way things work in existence, life and self would not go away with balance. They would be seen from a perspective of what you call love, aka acceptance. The very act of refusing clear, logical and mechanical realities of existence and their understanding, is in violation of green vibration in the first place.

Notwithstanding, as noted, the very material we are studying here has that exact nature. Entire dialogue is clear, neat, precise, understandable, logical and direct.

Remove a few occasional references to 'the mystery of existence', and the farewell statements of leaving the reader in the light and love of the creator, ~90% of Ra material reads like that, and on top of that, it would actually easily be seen as a 'testosterone stew' if someone takes the original post and just applies to the actual material itself.

Which makes it totally ironic to be talking these in the forum stemming from this particular material. For i very much think that it wasnt because they read crucification of esmeralda sweetwater or other earlier works of LL group that many people have come to know LL and this forum. It was, lets face it, Ra material itself.

There is a reason for that.

Ra material is among the most clear, direct, 'non-mystified' and logical body of spiritual work among the long list of major spiritual works of contemporary times. The rest are mainly messages of confirmation, acceptance, which have the format of 'you are all loved, everything is ok, everything is going to be ok'. Its feelgood stuff. And it is actually questionable how much of that work is actual channeling, and how much of it is merely someone producing what sells, as can be seen from inconsistencies and change of message that various of that lot gone through over decades.

There is nothing wrong with seeking confirmation, acceptance and emotional support. As it seems to be a fundamental need in various modern cultures which have gone through capitalist social engineering and ended up in societies that are fractured, with atomized and alienated, lonely individuals who do not much but work and consume. There is a great need to alleviate that.

However that is not a basis or a reason for asking to repress learning of study such a clear and precise material. For whatsoever reason. Leave aside identifying it or its discussion or its students with modern cultural fads in any given culture and then trying to force a 'betterment'.

Actually, it is not even clear what the critics of this situation are asking.

What are people going to do? Not talk about analogies in between microcosm and macrocosm? Not analyze how energy centers vibrate in certain social environments? Not talk about what may be happening at the end of the octave, around the horizon of a black hole?

And instead, talk about 'love' and...... what really? Tell things about how everything is loved, how lovely things are, how emotional situation X was and how the wonderful the flower some guy encountered a few days ago and posted in the forum was really beautiful or how great the experience which someone had about farting through 500 octaves and then meeting with 5 planets who had gigantic eyes, transforming into a slipper of Mahatma Gandhi in the ultimate end?

That sounds like a need for social confirmation. And actually the last one sounds more like a very elaborate lsd or mushroom trip. While these may have value for their experiencer and may have value to those who experience similar stuff, other people have no obligation to follow suit.

There is just another thread i just read, in a similar direction. A long post, tells a lot of stuff, but when you cut to its core points, what it basically says is that 'You are not thinking like i think, you are not doing like i do, i asked you to do so, but you didnt do it, therefore i am leaving'. It also has a lot of generalizations about how 'other people' lived or not lived their life and experiences, on top of that telling them what to do and how to feel or how to walk through their spiritual path.

Without any references to any usable material, leave aside Ra material, without any explanation of why, without any references or reason backed by any fundamental existential or spiritual laws that affect everyone equally, even without any context or reason stemming from our contemporary culture.

Nothing except a push of personal preferences and how other people do not follow suit.

It is questionable why someone who has preferences like that would read and study Ra material in the first place.

I cant talk for others. However im interested in discussing the realities of existence and discovering its mysteries with those who want to do the same. I have no interest in spending effort to confirm other people's biases, fulfilling their need for confirmation, obliging by and validating their personal biases. There are enough people doing that, moreover, there are enough channeled material which revolve around that.

Ra material isnt.

Therefore i just skip by posts and discourse that doesnt interest me. I only reply to a thread or post in which i find something in the direction im seeking, and continue that discussion with that person or personas accordingly. I especially avoid getting into discussions that dont interest me.

But when people come up and criticize my own preferences, and move on to practically say 'think and do like what i am telling you to', which seems to be basically the gist of one other thread, it is bluntly, flat out wrong. Out of the blue, without any calling or relevance, someone comes up and tells you to think and talk like s/he does.

That is not 'love'. That is not being emotional, that is nothing but good old fashioned pressure to conform except being clad in contextual clothes.

Actually i'd say that that thread reads very suspiciously like the work of a very old forum member who used to register/deregister continuously with many psuedonyms, and create conflict among people through posts and by directly emailing them, but as there is little evidence in that direction and that's something the forum management should investigate.

I very much recommend not to take everyone and every statement made in a public internet forum seriously and get easily moved. Even if the context is spiritualism, there are many people who have little to do with it.
The following 2 users Like unity100's post:
Highrculling, Stranger
04-17-2018, 04:42 PM,
(04-15-2018, 01:39 PM)peregrine Wrote:  Please note this disclaimer.  The following is not intended to be disparaging of any particular individual nor group of individuals.  I'm just feeling a need to rant this morning and this topic has been brewing.........

Time and time again on these forums I read male-saturated pronouncements of how the universe works.  (Men, being all-knowing, know all about these things, of course.)  They are wholly mechanistic, describing thought forms or chakras or cellular configurations or whatever else.  Sometimes they purport to explain how you can achieve this or that, and they all look like this:  

They have no use for the feminine.  They speak not of love.  They know not of the All-Pervasive shimmering, subtle vibrance awaiting them just outside their concrete cubby-hole bunkers.  They cannot embrace mystery, for mystery is undirectable, it don't groove with their glyph (above).

The way these forums are drenched in this testosterone stew, in my view, explains why it is so difficult for females (half our population) to tolerate and participate in the discussions here.  And beyond that obvious point, the same seems to go for most normally balanced males.  So now, only people who share this stupid propensity with me are left here, and its just, like, so doggone boring this way!

So, guys, maybe we can all take this step together and slither out from our hiding places, into the radiant warmth of the free world and into the arms of ......... acceptance and humility and peace?

Of course, this will never happen!  Mechanistic logic tells me so!  On the other hand, all-pervasive mystery can be surprising sometimes.  Perhaps one of the honors/duties of this forum-contraption-thingy is to help us examine our ridiculous over-glorying in wisdom and help us balance this with a deeper aspect of our inherent nature: namely, love?

Golly, I wonder if anyone knows how we can direct ourselves in that way?  Hmm, this might just lead to yet one more head-filled, heartless dialogue.  Oh my!  I feel the walls my concrete cubby-hole bunker closing in further.........AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The rest is shrouded in Mystery.

Nothing to get worked up over - this is what we call in statistics - a biased sample.

You assume that the discussion drives women out - that's not true. You notice these forums are 90% men. Ra's material is very deep. This resonates more to the male polarity. I talk about this stuff all day long to my wife, and she tunes me out.

So what are you trying to do? Attract more women or talk about things that interest women?

#1 you're not going to attract more women. #2 Number one leads to number 2

My wife is on a forum you might like - its called "The Bump" Wink
The following 1 user Likes JJCarsonian's post:
unity100
04-17-2018, 06:58 PM,
(04-17-2018, 04:42 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  Nothing to get worked up over - this is what we call in statistics - a biased sample.

You assume that the discussion drives women out - that's not true.  You notice these forums are 90% men.  Ra's material is very deep.  This resonates more to the male polarity.

Interesting perspective, yet isn't it the trope that women dominate the new age space? Actually it's not just a trope, research shows women have much higher rates of religiosity and engagement in spiritual practises. So actually it is a little surprising that of the already larger pool of women in spiritual spaces, that this community represents 90% men. No?
04-17-2018, 08:14 PM,
I'm female and very intellectual. I think there is a bit of stereotyping going on here. I wouldn't want to be lumped into a category that says I'm more religious because I'm female (I can hear Elros laughing at that). Big Grin

If women are pushed out, being a female I can say that it's on them, whatever their reasons. Otherwise we get into the victim/blame thing. That is not to say there is no other accountability—we are all accountable to our words and actions.

There are the broader subjects of "the patriarchy" or so-called traditional male characteristics (of which I have many). But when labeling "men," I think it leads to prejudice and judgment. On the other hand, I also think it's okay to let things rise to the surface to be examined and flushed out. 

I happen to like controversial subjects. Tongue
anagogy, rva_jeremy
04-17-2018, 08:19 PM,
(04-17-2018, 06:58 PM)Louisabell Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 04:42 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  Nothing to get worked up over - this is what we call in statistics - a biased sample.

You assume that the discussion drives women out - that's not true.  You notice these forums are 90% men.  Ra's material is very deep.  This resonates more to the male polarity.

Interesting perspective, yet isn't it the trope that women dominate the new age space? Actually it's not just a trope, research shows women have much higher rates of religiosity and engagement in spiritual practises. So actually it is a little surprising that of the already larger pool of women in spiritual spaces, that this community represents 90% men. No?

From a spirituality perspective, women are definitely more spiritual, thats just part of their polarity. Women were revered in Atlantean times for this trait.

But if you look at the Ra material, Don, a physicist is asking the question. His questions are centered around logic and reasoning. He also gets into alot of transient material regarding the nature of reality. Thats why i love it, and thats probably why more men will resonate with the Ra material because of Don's line of questioning. Ra's answers, too, are extremely precise and very technical.

I dont mean to sound sexist, but when I (as a male) listen to some women discuss spirituality, its hard for me to resonate with what they are saying. I look for logic and reasoning as to what they are saying is correct, but many times women are playing on the emotional aspects. Its not wrong, and many times i know what they are saying is correct, but it just doesnt resonate with me.
The following 1 user Likes JJCarsonian's post:
unity100
04-17-2018, 08:31 PM,
(04-17-2018, 08:14 PM)Diana Wrote:  I'm female and very intellectual. I think there is a bit of stereotyping going on here. I wouldn't want to be lumped into a category that says I'm more religious because I'm female (I can hear Elros laughing at that). Big Grin

If women are pushed out, being a female I can say that it's on them, whatever their reasons. Otherwise we get into the victim/blame thing. That is not to say there is no other accountability—we are all accountable to our words and actions.

There are the broader subjects of "the patriarchy" or so-called traditional male characteristics (of which I have many). But when labeling "men," I think it leads to prejudice and judgment. On the other hand, I also think it's okay to let things rise to the surface to be examined and flushed out. 

i'm a statistician and i work with other female analysts. I know that there are some very smart females out there.

Without offending anyone, i'm purely looking at things from an objective POV. Men and Women both have different polarities of the Creator, which gives them different traits - this is true. I see no issues with calling this out. I'm sure the Logos did this on purpose to force the self to actively seek other selves, otherwise there wouldnt be any evolution. Of course, there are many exceptions to a generalization; I wouldnt say "Hey Diana, you're a female so that means you have ..such.. and .. such.. trait."

If you see yourself as very intellectual, then maybe thats why you resonate with the Ra material? Wink
04-17-2018, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 09:35 PM by Louisabell.)
(04-17-2018, 08:14 PM)Diana Wrote:  I'm female and very intellectual. I think there is a bit of stereotyping going on here. I wouldn't want to be lumped into a category that says I'm more religious because I'm female (I can hear Elros laughing at that). Big Grin

Of course these are all wild generalisations, I am less concerned with gender stereotypes as they have no meaning for me (and really shouldn't for anyone on an individual level), but I am very curious about the "male experience" as it were from posters here, finding interest in both viewpoints - male posters who wish to balance their thoughts with more "stereotypical feminine" interpretations, and also men who see no value in doing so at all. Oh to see the world from the viewpoint of another!

I think we're being a little quick to judge those that feel pushed out. They may not necessarily have any ill-feeling, but just feel that their contributions are not valued or desired. There are many communities out there, why spend time with people who just aren't responding on the points that you want to talk about? However a question we may want to ask is, how are we serving the dissemination of the Ra Material in this way? I suppose the question of service is a personal one, and I definitely don't begrudge anyone who doesn't have this focus front mind and center. But why not examine it at all?

(04-17-2018, 08:14 PM)Diana Wrote:  On the other hand, I also think it's okay to let things rise to the surface to be examined and flushed out. 

I think it takes a certain emotional courage to face head-on the uncomfortable criticisms of others, even suspending one's own biases for a moment to see the world from their point of view and to respond to them where they are at. I as well enjoy this back and forth, I find it a lot more revealing of the energy dynamics that are playing out right now in the moment, versus abstract ideals of spiritual life. I usually learn quite a lot about myself, for are we not all things? I see myself reflected in many viewpoints.

(04-17-2018, 08:19 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  I look for logic and reasoning as to what they are saying is correct, but many times women are playing on the emotional aspects. Its not wrong, and many times i know what they are saying is correct, but it just doesnt resonate with me.

That's a fair enough viewpoint. I was just hoping to point out that the assumption: "<insert group> just wouldn't be interested anyway" can also act as a convenient justification to not examine within. Not saying that that is what you were doing.
The following 1 user Likes Louisabell's post:
rva_jeremy
04-18-2018, 12:22 AM,
(04-17-2018, 09:06 PM)Louisabell Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 08:14 PM)Diana Wrote:  If women are pushed out, being a female I can say that it's on them, whatever their reasons. Otherwise we get into the victim/blame thing. That is not to say there is no other accountability—we are all accountable to our words and actions.

I think we're being a little quick to judge those that feel pushed out. They may not necessarily have any ill-feeling, but just feel that their contributions are not valued or desired. There are many communities out there, why spend time with people who just aren't responding on the points that you want to talk about?

I'm personally not judging any of those who might feel pushed out (and I don't mean to say you thought I was). I was just trying to point out that no one is a victim; that if someone leaves they have made the decision to do so themselves for their own reasons.

A few thoughts:

1. If we only hang out with those who agree with us, it's unlikely we grow or learn.

2. To seek validation is not communicating or interacting; it is a self-contained event. If someone has something to say, then saying it for it's own sake is enough (for me anyway).

3. Certainly one should spend time where one is drawn to spend time. But as far as spending time with people who don't respond in the way we expect, I would question expectations and attachment to outcomes.  

(04-17-2018, 09:06 PM)Louisabell Wrote:  However a question we may want to ask is, how are we serving the dissemination of the Ra Material in this way?

I for one have no interest in disseminating the Ra Material, or any philosophy, beyond discussion—and that happens rarely.

(04-17-2018, 09:06 PM)Louisabell Wrote:  
(04-17-2018, 08:14 PM)Diana Wrote:  On the other hand, I also think it's okay to let things rise to the surface to be examined and flushed out. 

I think it takes a certain emotional courage to face head-on the uncomfortable criticisms of others, even suspending one's own biases for a moment to see the world from their point of view and to respond to them where they are at. 

Perhaps it takes emotional courage, or confidence, or even just childlike curiosity. It also takes the ability to question self as honestly as possible. It may be difficult, but it's worth it.

Smile
The following 4 users Like Diana's post:
Louisabell, MangusKhan, Quan, Stranger
04-18-2018, 12:34 AM,
(04-17-2018, 08:31 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  I know that there are some very smart females out there.

Well jeez, I should hope so. Tongue

(04-17-2018, 08:31 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  If you see yourself as very intellectual, then maybe thats why you resonate with the Ra material? Wink

I really couldn't say why I liked the Ra Material when I first read it. I doubt that Don's direction was the only reason. There were more things at play than that. It's not one-dimensional.

I do think it's unfortunate when this forum loses diversity. This is why I keep encouraging people to stand up and speak no matter what. It is very challenging to write words that appear on a screen, and clearly convey a sense of self and intent. It's a great opportunity to work on communication this way, and strengthen the link between the heart and throat centers.
rva_jeremy, sunnysideup
04-18-2018, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2018, 05:51 AM by Sprout.)
I think the masculine needs to be balanced with the feminine, not in a gender type of way, but instead polarity.
If you can see love in the moment, then you are balanced. From here on you can either serve your self or serve the other-self. Be it wisdom wise; providing them with intellectual distortion, or love wise; affirming their love for flowers or any type of emotional struggle that requires unconditional-love.

And on a side note, I think we are all here because we simply do not want to be alone. Undecided
The following 1 user Likes Sprout's post:
Quan
04-18-2018, 06:35 AM,
(04-18-2018, 05:46 AM)Sprout Wrote:  And on a side note, I think we are all here because we simply do not want to be alone.  Undecided

I don't know about you, but I'm totally 100% emotionally satisfied by my pigeons and heroin addicts, and the idea that I would come to a spiritual forum on the internet in order to curb some kind of loneliness distortion is just preposterous.   Big Grin  Dodgy
The following 3 users Like MangusKhan's post:
flofrog, Quan, rva_jeremy
04-18-2018, 07:01 AM,
(04-18-2018, 06:35 AM)MangusKhan Wrote:  
(04-18-2018, 05:46 AM)Sprout Wrote:  And on a side note, I think we are all here because we simply do not want to be alone.  Undecided

I don't know about you, but I'm totally 100% emotionally satisfied by my pigeons and heroin addicts, and the idea that I would come to a spiritual forum on the internet in order to curb some kind of loneliness distortion is just preposterous.   Big Grin  Dodgy

I may have not put it in the right order, I've always had problems expressing myself. I understand what you mean by, I think, loving and serving your space/time reality and feeling satisfied by it.
But in my opinion, here is where you can be most comfortable being with people alike. Where you can share your favorite songs, your dreams, synchronicities, and have an opportunity to open your heart without being judged. The outside world is waiting for us to serve and see it's beauty, and in some parts it's even ready for this spiritual connection that we are all having..but not in most parts, not yet. And so one might feel lonely, and is it that wrong to see all these teach learning's to be of a social loving nature? Aren't we merely brothers and sisters? Is there anything else but to be friends and help one another?
The following 2 users Like Sprout's post:
hounsic, Quan
04-18-2018, 12:21 PM,
(04-18-2018, 06:35 AM)MangusKhan Wrote:  

Perhaps you don't come here for that reason, MangusKhan, and neither do I, but some people might and it's not preposterous for them to seek community. I think you mentioned you come from wealth somewhere. If that means you can go home anytime back into physical comfort and have choices, then, I would think it's a bit easier to say you don't get lonely. Maybe that's not the case, and if not, then it's great the way you accept and thrive in whatever circumstances you're in.

I like your sense of adventure.  Smile

This world can feel like a lonely place, since it's based on separation and polarities. As Louisabell pointed out:

"I think it takes a certain emotional courage to face head-on the uncomfortable criticisms of others, even suspending one's own biases for a moment to see the world from their point of view and to respond to them where they are at." 

For some, who feel a heavy burden functioning in this world, I encourage (en courage). I like to think that when leaving this life, wherever I go, I will give a high-five, laughing with glee, to some companion on the other side" because I stuck it out and completed what I came here do.
The following 3 users Like Diana's post:
flofrog, Quan, rva_jeremy
04-18-2018, 12:38 PM,
(04-18-2018, 05:46 AM)Sprout Wrote:  I think the masculine needs to be balanced with the feminine, not in a gender type of way, but instead polarity.
If you can see love in the moment, then you are balanced. From here on you can either serve your self or serve the other-self. Be it wisdom wise; providing them with intellectual distortion, or love wise; affirming their love for flowers or any type of emotional struggle that requires unconditional-love.

I think thats a purpose of soul evolution. Folks that have reached a high level of spiritually are gender neutral. I think there's a natural bias in each the male & female. A male can have the same level of green ray activation as a female, but i believe male green ray has more of an energizing effect, and female green ray has more of the "Lets talk about our feelings" effect. Ra mentioned that in his talks about energy transfers.

I'm not sure what you mean by alone. If you mean "alone in discussion", then yes, i'm here because noone else wants to talk to me about this stuff lol

(04-18-2018, 05:46 AM)Diana Wrote:  I really couldn't say why I liked the Ra Material when I first read it. I doubt that Don's direction was the only reason. There were more things at play than that. It's not one-dimensional.

I agree, i oversimplified that Wink. For me, i'm constantly trying to piece together bits and pieces of knowledge that ive learned over the years. Dr Michael Newtons's books are especially interesting regarding the Soul's journey, but doesnt talk about negative entities. Then you have religious dogma, aliens, and history. You have people like Edgar Cayce, too... My biggest question was "How can religious channelers be right on some aspects, but wrong on others".

Ra material was the final piece of the puzzle
04-18-2018, 02:22 PM,
(04-17-2018, 08:31 PM)johncarson698 Wrote:  Without offending anyone, i'm purely looking at things from an objective POV.  Men and Women both have different polarities of the Creator, which gives them different traits - this is true.  I see no issues with calling this out.  I'm sure the Logos did this on purpose to force the self to actively seek other selves, otherwise there wouldnt be any evolution.  Of course, there are many exceptions to a generalization; I wouldnt say "Hey Diana, you're a female so that means you have ..such.. and .. such.. trait."

Yeah, it's very important that things like archetypes and "natures" be understood as operating at the aggregate level, and that we need to apprehend every person as an individual and not simply as an instance of a class. The whole point of archetypes, for instance, is that they are immaterial ideals that can never be fully realized in manifest reality. So to hold people to those standards would be very unfair, to say the least. We can make inferences about men as a class, but that can only be relied on so much when we're talking about a particular man.

Jeremy
Q'uo 3/19/06
The following 1 user Likes rva_jeremy's post:
Quan