Poll: Fireworks?
It's alright.
Not alright.
Haven't thought about it.
[Show Results]

Fireworks
05-08-2019, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 01:20 PM by ada.)
Fireworks
Hey all,
I wanted to ask what's your personal opinion regarding the human tradition of celebrating with the use of fireworks.
Is it alright? Or is it perhaps less harmonious to animals and overall to the enviroment?

Thanks. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2019, 01:22 PM,
RE: Fireworks
A waste of money. That's what my mom and I think.
I don't remember the last time I bought them. Though I think I did once.
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
ada
05-08-2019, 07:23 PM,
Not good. Animals suffer (especially birds) from the noise shock. The fireworks are held at night when the birds are normally asleep. House pets, like cats and dogs, are traumatized. I know owners who have to sedate their pets to get them through the evenings "celebration". Besides the noise trauma, the chemicals used are pretty toxic and pollute the air until they fall to the soil and pollute that also.
The following 3 users Like krb's post:
ada, Diana, kristina
05-09-2019, 11:30 AM,
I love fireworks and especially the idea of banishing evil spirits with loud noises and i think its good for society, that being said i understand the downsides of it especialy with house pets and such, but i think its worth it to give people such a low harm way to celebrate, compared to alcohol or other options available, it also works well to bring communities together. Anyway, hard choice obviously.
The following 2 users Like Cyan's post:
ada, David_1
05-09-2019, 11:38 AM,
   Fireworks may seem to be a “waste” of money.  But isn’t nearly all money spent on “entertainment” a waste?
   It seems to me that nearly everyone enjoys fireworks.  It is an activity that seems to bring unity.  The small town where I live has a fireworks display once a year and the money is obtained from donations.  When I go, I hear “Oooo” and “Ahhhh” and “Wow” and “Look at that!”  It’s a family friendly event.
   So, I’ll enjoy fireworks if others want them.
The following 2 users Like David_1's post:
ada, Cyan
05-09-2019, 12:36 PM,
Fireworks are severely disturbing for not only pets and wildlife but also humans who have PTSD for various reasons. We can make fireworks that don't go *BOOM*. Let's do that instead.

We have many traditions that we cling to that no longer serve us. If we are going to move to 4th density, we have to be considerate for all others. Just because something is pretty and fun is not a good excuse to do it, if it is also severely psychologically harmful to a decent portion of the population of the planet.

And yes, nearly all money spent on pure entertainment is a waste, but luckily there are plenty of ways that we can entertain ourselves for free or nearly free!
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Jade's post:
ada, flofrog, kristina
05-09-2019, 05:27 PM,
(05-09-2019, 12:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote:  Fireworks are severely disturbing for not only pets and wildlife but also humans who have PTSD for various reasons. We can make fireworks that don't go *BOOM*. Let's do that instead.

Yes, I forgot to mention the number of military veterans we have with PTSD who would find the *BOOM-ing* very distressing, or even triggering unwanted aggressive/violent behavior.

Better to leave out the extreme noise component of the show. However, most likely, many would complain that the noise is half the "fun" of the show.
The following 2 users Like krb's post:
ada, kristina
05-10-2019, 04:40 AM,
(05-09-2019, 05:27 PM)krb Wrote:  
(05-09-2019, 12:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote:  Fireworks are severely disturbing for not only pets and wildlife but also humans who have PTSD for various reasons. We can make fireworks that don't go *BOOM*. Let's do that instead.

Yes, I forgot to mention the number of military veterans we have with PTSD who would find the *BOOM-ing* very distressing.

Better to leave out the extreme noise component of the show. However, most likely, many would complain that the noise is half the "fun" of the show.
05-21-2019, 07:12 AM,
(05-08-2019, 01:18 PM)blossom Wrote:  Hey all,
I wanted to ask what's your personal opinion regarding the human tradition of celebrating with the use of fireworks.
Is it alright? Or is it perhaps less harmonious to animals and overall to the enviroment?

Thanks. Smile

I have horses and small animals. It scares them too death every year. It's pointless, loud and obnoxious and a waste of money. Feed the poor with the money wasted on fireworks.
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked
The following 1 user Likes kristina's post:
ada